PDA

View Full Version : Concentration on a Supernatural Ability

AdamSmasher
2009-12-09, 11:26 PM
Would anyone here happen to know of a way to concentrate on one of these as a swift action instead of a standard action? I'm entering a ghost into a tournament campaign and it would be a huge help to be able to do other things while concentrating on its Telekinesis.

Zovc
2009-12-09, 11:27 PM
Would anyone here happen to know of a way to concentrate on one of these as a swift action instead of a standard action? I'm entering a ghost into a tournament campaign and it would be a huge help to be able to do other things while concentrating on its Telekinesis.

Why not do OTHER things as swift or move actions?

Just a thought, and I'm not 'qualified' to answer your question.

NEO|Phyte
2009-12-09, 11:27 PM
I believe Master of the Unseen Hand can concentrate on certain uses of TK as a move action. There was also a feat somewhere or another that let you make spellcraft checks or something to reduce the action of concentrating on a spell.

:edit: Found the feat, Extraordinary Concentration, in CAdv, requires 15 ranks in concentration, you make concentration checks to reduce the action.

AdamSmasher
2009-12-10, 12:29 AM
Master of the Unseen Hand only lets you concentrate as a move action for telekinesis when you're moving objects. You can't do it for grappling/attacking or telekinetic thrusting.

And does extraordinary concentration work for supernatural abilities? I thought it was only for spells.

Optimystik
2009-12-10, 07:50 AM
See if your DM can allow you to use Sonorous Hum to do this, then get an item that casts it (or class levels.)