PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Combat help

Trodon
2009-12-09, 11:40 PM
Well, it looks like I need help on a build every other day or so. Anyway I was wondering if there is a Mounted Combat handbook or something like that, It their isn't what would be some good feats for mounted combat It's level 2 or 3 so i can't get a lot.

Acero
2009-12-09, 11:46 PM
ranger does best on mounted, in my opinion. ride while shooting.

mounted charge works well with a fighter also

Superglucose
2009-12-09, 11:50 PM
Heavy Lance, Ride-by attack, Spirited Charge, a splash of Paladin maybe. Eventually get a pegasus (or in my case, Gold Dragon cohort <3) or something and go to town.

erikun
2009-12-09, 11:52 PM
Holy cow, this thread is the #1 Google search for "mounted combat handbook" already.

Anyways, while I'm not seeing anything about mounted combat specifically, I do recall hearing about a 20/20/20 "ubermount" in one thread. (It ultimately gains the capabilities of a 20th level druid companion, a 20th level wizard familiar, and a 20th level paladin mount.)

Trodon
2009-12-09, 11:53 PM
ranger does best on mounted, in my opinion. ride while shooting.

mounted charge works well with a fighter also

I was going to go with sword and board while not on my horse, I was going to take Knight 5 I think, then go into the Knight of the Lily class from dragonlance, I forgot to mention this was dragonlance, sorry.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-12-10, 12:06 AM
tsuyoshikentsu made it, but WotC ate it. It involves Theurgic Bond, dragon magazine material.
PS: Wizards' "social network" inspires nothing but loathing for Hasbro in me.
PPS: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872202/?pg=last seems to have something of note.

Trodon
2009-12-10, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the link I'll look through it.

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-10, 12:15 AM
I always did like mounted thri-kreen psychic warrior chargers (retrain your racial HD and buy off your LA).

You can two-hand fight with dual lances (using a third dancing one), and deal tons of damage on a pouncing charge with Spirited Charge and Ride-By Attack. Even more if your "mount" is really your metamorphosis'd 12-headed hydra psicrystal.

Add manyfanged, suppression, and collision to your lances for extra fun. Save money by getting the Soulbound Weapon variant, by taking the Ancestral Weapon feat, and through Item Familiar.