PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) Lookin' to make a Sword n' Board TWF

Guilliaume
2009-12-10, 02:47 AM
Hello all,
For my group's first real Pathfinder game I wanted to play a fighter and with that classes clearly ridiculous number of feats I thought a could more effectively play a concept that I've had in mind for a couple years. Besides all of PF's TWF feats and Sword and Board feats, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
I decided on human, and rolled my best stats ever 18, 18, 16, 13, 12, 14 so I'm pretty much set there. I thought I would branch into the combat reflexes tree and go for Robilar's Gambit or Karmic Strike. Has anyone had any real experience with either of these?
Thank you for any consideration you can give my feeble character.

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-12-10, 03:46 AM
Hello all,
For my group's first real Pathfinder game I wanted to play a fighter and with that classes clearly ridiculous number of feats I thought a could more effectively play a concept that I've had in mind for a couple years. Besides all of PF's TWF feats and Sword and Board feats, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
I decided on human, and rolled my best stats ever 18, 18, 16, 13, 12, 14 so I'm pretty much set there. I thought I would branch into the combat reflexes tree and go for Robilar's Gambit or Karmic Strike. Has anyone had any real experience with either of these?
Thank you for any consideration you can give my feeble character.

Robilar's and Karmic Strike help make Mr. Quick be such (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19869062/6_hits_to_1_Jack_B_Quick). You could use a shield and whatever one handed weapon you had instead, so long as you threw Aptitude (+1 enhancement, Tome of Battle) on both. That way, you gain the benefits of High Sword, Low Axe without said weapons.

That's all I can think of to help you out. If you're stuck in a more restrictive environment, book-wise, you may have to lose the shield.

Person_Man
2009-12-10, 10:27 AM
Guide to Shields (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123630)