PDA

View Full Version : How should I improve my party?

Doomboy911
2009-12-10, 07:50 AM
Alright right now my party is low leveled so we can go in any direction. We have one warforged barbarian (who we call a blender on legs due to his claymore ) ,an artificer rogue who we have to work with the warforged, me a bard looking for a prestige class I intend to go in a magic based direction but I still want a good sword or crossbow to defend myself, a vampire druid which is as weird as it sounds, a feral ranger and a changeling paladin who I kind of want to get feats for to increase his shapeshifting abilities.Any ideas on what I can suggest for my friends to help us become stronger?

Brendan
2009-12-10, 07:53 AM
So, how low level is this, because vampres have a +8 LA, so is it ninth level? that seems mid level to me. Didyou lower the LA?

Doomboy911
2009-12-10, 07:55 AM
Well my mistake my vampiric druid friend intends to take levels in it when he can right now our current party is level 2's except the feral and druid since they weren't around to get leveled up with the rest of us.

bosssmiley
2009-12-10, 08:00 AM
Any ideas on what I can suggest for my friends to help us become stronger?

Kill. Loot. Don't die. Repeat until wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice and hardcore beyond most fevered imaginings of munchkins. Wealth = power in D&D. Get the loot and all else follows.

Seriously: Think tactically. Use character abilities as a team. Hit hard and fast. Don't split the party. Shore up each others weaknesses and amplify your collective strengths. Buffing your buddies is one of the best ways to spend spells and actions. If you really, really can't take a meaningful action then use Aid Another or something.

edit: oh, you want build advice? Errrrm. Full casting FTW, and friends don't let friends take Samurai.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-12-10, 08:22 AM
as far as the paladin goes. I would sugest he take a level in rogue.. then go cabinet trickster(races of eberron) then into shadowbane inquisitor(c. adventurer).

as for your self. well realy you should be good with any weapon or atleast so so ... especialy if you boost your inspire courage...
Also by raw i belive the warforge can't benifit from your music... though i as a gm prolly would make an exception.

kamikasei
2009-12-10, 08:25 AM
me a bard looking for a prestige class I intend to go in a magic based direction but I still want a good sword or crossbow to defend myself

Sublime Chord (Complete Arcane?) is the standard bard casting-improving PrC.

and a changeling paladin who I kind of want to get feats for to increase his shapeshifting abilities.

Check out Races of Eberron for extra changeling racial feats that help out shapeshifting. Alternatively, look at Warshaper (I forget the source), a PrC which gives various combat-applicable shapeshifting tricks. Cabinet Trickster, also from RoE, essentially turns a changeling in to a doppleganger, though it's more of a rogue-oriented class.

Tyndmyr
2009-12-10, 09:38 AM
Sublime Chord is awesome for bards. The warforged barb sounds like he's doing fine, but a fighter dip may help him. A vampiric druid w/o level adjust needs no assistance. Vamp la is harsh, though. Look into buyoff to partially mitigate? Artificer is great. Dont see the point in multiclassing it with rogue, though.

You've got a big party...you should be fine for most stuff. Consider hiring a mook or two as henchment for carrying gear and handling other mundane work.

Doomboy911
2009-12-10, 10:24 AM
Well prestige class wise for the bard I was thinking either virtuoso for the boost to my ability or horizon walker for the advantages I gain everywhere.Now for myself I'm kind of wondering what kind of weapon to grab I had an idea of buying a barrel and filling it with arrows than buy a bow.

Doomboy911
2009-12-10, 10:55 AM
Just to ask when the artificer is powerful enough he wants to bind our weapons to elementals I was going to get my armor and staff bound to air since I have high dex but he said the armor effect is flight and gaseous form but he's not sure if its flight through gaseous form or flight and gaseous form. Can anyone clear this up for me.