PDA

View Full Version : Flying Battleship vs God Dragon [My players stay out]

Demons_eye
2009-12-10, 02:13 PM
A little background then the question:

So we love to play crazy games and the basic plot of game is collecting gods. I got the idea off of the bull shaman from American gods: what happens to gods when no one believes in them/they die? The answer? They don't die, they can't. They just sleep as if they were dead and so become one with the land waiting from some one to wake them.

Cue evil mad wizard trying to take over the world: He is insane and trying to collect the powers of X amount of old gods and use it to warp reality to his own whim. The amount of power makes epic magic look as if they are catnips and could kill unstated gods.

The game started weird as they PC's did not know if they wanted to be bad or good so I gave them the choice. The had an anti magic signature that could not be tracked so the wizards ruling the world sent them to hunt down the evil wizard and stop him from doing what ever her was going to do.

After the PC skipped town they moved on to destroy another town and then found the evil wizard who offered them a job. They accepted and he gave them a rod to call him if they needed help and was told to find these gods. They said yes and he paid them a lot. One dungeon later the awoke the nicest god and he gave them his power.

You might ask what the PC's did with this power in form of an orb? Well one went down to help the dwarfs under the mountain that was the god and started started to work on a flying boat. The other? Went mad with power and flew around for a few days recruiting people for the ship.

Working for the dwarfs the PC made a rod of shape stone usable at will and the other came back and for the 30 days helped the dwarfs rebuild there city as they made the ship.

After placing the orb int the ship they found it worked and went to the wizarding HQ to give them the rod and collect there money. They did and caught the BBEG with his pants down and tooth brush in his mouth.

The Artificer went a little mad, he wanted to make flying oysters/clams that made pearls that he could sell. So I was like screw it they will have fun and the gods are not going any place soon. He got the willow-whisp and combined it with a clam and rested for a year so let the things bred and populate the sky.

Year X+1 comes and they are off to collect the rest of the gods because its what you do. The made a giant gather info check with the help of their crew and found wizard to help them find the gods.

The question:

How do I stat out the god that's going to fight them flying? I said there is A Troll, Dragon, Sphinx, and Leviathan god. They are looking for one of them but how in the nine hells do I even come close to making this come to the game?

There boat is as followed

Fly's Borrows and Sails/Swims with a base speed of 120 feet (Perfect)
Anyone on the ship need not sleep or eat
Endure elements on all time
+2 'God' bonus to all checks
Limited Control Wind

Crew of players and 64ish NPC of various races and the Nerocs 20 some undead

The players are both level 6 and are way over WBL

Artificer//Factotum (With plans of using the pearls as weapons)

Wizard//Cleric (Necromancer)

So far I was going to use dragon stats and throw in some sort of special ability's but I am at a loss off how to do this

Asbestos
2009-12-10, 02:47 PM
God-hunting? Stone Airships? Flying Oysters? Level 6 Gestalt? I have no clue what's going on here, I was expecting this to be another 'help with level 45million campaign' sort of thing.

Oslecamo
2009-12-10, 03:02 PM
I sugest picking up a dragon and giving it the temporary boss template. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7017238#post7017238)

It seems to fit particulary well with your god concept, since the more people are fighting the god, the more are believing in him, and the stronger he gets.

Repeat with Sphynx, troll and kraken. Profit.

Demons_eye
2009-12-10, 09:13 PM
The TB looks very good in this case! Thanks for the link.

These god's are the old school gods that Hextor Ghaunadaur and even the elder evils cower but as they have no followers they are immortal but relatively powerless.

Any other advice?

bosssmiley
2009-12-11, 07:56 AM
God-hunting? Stone Airships? Flying Oysters? Level 6 Gestalt?

How there's someone imagining the heck out of it, as the wise elders exhorted us to. :smallamused:

Demons_eye
2009-12-11, 06:58 PM
Yes, sadly, given the time money and whales my players could rule the world.