PDA

View Full Version : Medani Trueseer Fix (4th edition D&D, Eberron Player's Guide, Page 73)

realbombchu
2009-12-10, 09:06 PM
Hi everyone! I had some free time tonight, so I fixed a paragon path that was bothering me. The changes are small but important. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the whole class because of copyright and the forum rules, so I'll just list the changes I made until I know for sure.

The prerequisite (Mark of Detection feat) and the path features are the same.

I changed Medani True Strike so that the bonus to Wisdom or Charisma for the attack roll increases from +4 to +6 at 21st level, so it doesn't lose effectiveness. I also removed the clause "if the target is within 10 squares of you" from the attack entry, because the power only has a 10 square range, so it's a little silly to state that, unless the power's darts can exceed the see invisibility range, and as far as I can tell, they can't. Everything else about this power is the same. I considered making it a weapon power, but it didn't match the flavor text, so I changed my mind.

Medani Foretelling is unchanged. Remember though, you can use it at any time in an encounter. I misread it the first time and thought you had to use it in the first round of combat.

Disruptive Premonition lost the weapon keyword. The attack entry was changed to Wisdom or Charisma +4 vs. Reflex (+6 vs. Reflex at level 21). A miss means half damage AND no attack penalty. Everything else is the same.

My only question is whether I should increase the attack penalty from disruptive premonition from -4 to -6 at level 21. I don't think I should because weapons and armor are increasing at about the same pace, so it would make the power more useful instead of holding it steady. Thoughts?