So, I'm currently looking at making an Apostle of Peace/Mystic Theurge Build

So far, the plan is
Sorcerer 5
Monk 1 (For Diplomacy and WIS to AC)
Sorcerer 1
Apostle of Peace 2
Mystic Theurge 10
Whatever 1

Can anyone think of a better way to get into Apostle of Peace at level 8 (Eg. a PRC that'll give me Diplomacy as a class skill, and not lose me a caster level.)?
Can anyone suggest any improvements?

Rolled stats, in no particular order: 14, 17, 14, 12, 17, 18

I would prefer to stick with Sorcerer, as I intend him to be very charismatic, and not really booksmart. He's been summarized as "Jesus, but a manwhore."

Draken
2009-12-10, 10:43 PM
Place one of those 14 in Int and take that Monk level right before you take the Apostle levels. You will have six skill points to place in Diplomacy (which will be a class skill for that level), or seven if you are human (recommended, as you will need that 10 in Concentration as well).

That last level can be anything else, I guess. In fact, it can actualy mos tlikely be anything at all. Since Apostle of Peace means you can't fight and most class features in prestige classes people usualy take are awfuly combat oriented.

Mongoose87
2009-12-10, 10:44 PM
Actually, I suppose I only need Mystic Theurge 8, then more Sorcerer-advancing, yes?

No better ideas than Monk? Nothing that'll save me caster level?

Draken
2009-12-10, 10:48 PM
Isn't the monk already in the build anyway? You don't need another monk level. You just need to take that one monk level between levels 3 and 7.

Mongoose87
2009-12-10, 10:52 PM
Isn't the monk already in the build anyway? You don't need another monk level. You just need to take that one monk level between levels 3 and 7.

The Monk is just my current idea. If I can find something better, I'll take it.

Gossipmonger
2009-12-10, 11:02 PM
There's a number of different draconic heritages you could grab to get diplomacy as a sorceror class skill.
Can't think of any arcane prestige classes that get it.

Mongoose87
2009-12-10, 11:04 PM
There's a number of different draconic heritages you could grab to get diplomacy as a sorceror class skill.
Can't think of any arcane prestige classes that get it.

Ack, you just reminded me - Pathfinder variants are available - I bet there's a Sorcerer Bloodline that gives me diplomacy.

Draken
2009-12-10, 11:24 PM
Well.

Let's try this then.

Human. One of the feats at first level will be Able Learner. To save on skill points.

Sorcerer 1 - Diplomacy 2
Sorcerer 2 - Diplomacy 2
Sorcerer 3 - Diplomacy 3
Sorcerer 4 - Diplomacy 3
Sorcerer 5 - Diplomacy 4
Mindbender 1 - Diplomacy is a class skill. Place 2 points here.

No further mindbender levels are necessary or recommended. As a bonus, you get Telepathy out to 100 feet.

Disadvantages:

Mindbender can't be good. So we have to scrap all of this :P

---

Unseen Seer has Diplomacy as a class skill. The entry prerequisites are utterly prohibitive, however (8 ranks in three cross-class skills, heh).

---

Nightmare Spinner loses one caster level at level one, so it iwll be scrapped. Doesn't mash well with the Apostle either, I guess.

---

Wild Soul would work. But again, loses a caster level at entry.

---

Whew. Found something. Ruathar (Races of The wild) will give you Diplomacy as a class skill. Only prerequisite is being able of casting 3° level arcane spells (or having 9 ranks in any one skill, or a BAB of +6) and making an elf village like you for your deeds.

You need to be friends with elves however.

Mongoose87
2009-12-10, 11:29 PM
My character is friends with everyone, because that makes it easier to sleep with them. Also, everyone loves Sexy Jesus.

playswithfire
2009-12-12, 01:24 AM
Would you consider Bard 7/Warblade or Crusader* 1/Apostle of Peace 2/Sublime Chord 2/Mystic Theurge 8 ?

Bards are both charismatic and manwhores, so I don't think it hurts your character concept. Ninth level arcane and divine casting, more skill points, some white raven maneuvers and stance to help out your allies and the option to use bardic music (if nothing else, use it for Song of Arcane Power) eight times a day. Pick up Song of the White Raven and Words of Creation (as a vow of Poverty exalted bonus feat) and you've got Inspire Courage +4 (so your allies can do nonlethal damage, of course) to boot.

* either way, your stance will be Bolstering voice. Warblade gives you a little more HP and, with your stats +1 to reflex saves. Crusader gives you a couple more maneuvers and access to devoted spirit, as well as probably being more thematically appropriate

EDIT: It does, admittedly, have less arcane casting than your build with ruathar in exchange for mild bard and ToB abilities, along with some more hit points and skills, but it could still be fun.