PDA

View Full Version : Searching for most up to date Item, Feat, Spell, and Class Bibles!

WhiteTemplar
2009-12-11, 02:43 AM
Does anyone know the source of those really nice "Bibles" that are in some of the torrents out there? The latest I can find is March 23, 2008.

I was wondering if the "Storm Seeker" guy ever made any more or if he has a website were you can download the latest update like you can Crystal Keep (Also very nice source, wish he would update also, but don't think it's gonna happen).

Thanks so much for the help!

White Templar

onthetown
2009-12-11, 10:30 AM
For 3/.5? Do you want homebrew or D&D-published?

I have Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium, and I could not live without them when it comes time for shopping.

I don't know about any feat-focused books... it seems like most of the books for 3/.5 have new feats in them.

I have some of the class-specific books, like Complete Ranger or whatever it's called, but I don't find them to be worth the money I paid for them.

{Please don't advocate piracy. Not even with a "well, I wouldn't...but you could..."}

Sorry 'bout that.

Optimystik
2009-12-11, 10:36 AM
The class bibles are just a semi-official compilation of character directions and build ideas, right? A handbook on a forum (usually BG, but there are some here and on the WotC CharOp boards as well) will probably serve your needs better than anything in a PDF.

Draxar
2009-12-11, 10:39 AM
For 3/.5? Do you want homebrew or D&D-published?

I have Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium, and I could not live without them when it comes time for shopping.

I don't know about any feat-focused books... it seems like most of the books for 3/.5 have new feats in them.

I have some of the class-specific books, like Complete Ranger or whatever it's called, but I don't find them to be worth the money I paid for them.

He's refering not to the actual Wizard's books, but to lists of the stuff inside them. Essentially, for when you want to know about every published Metamagic feat, or similar.

Stuff like Crystal keep (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php), which gives you a useful amount of information on the stuff in question. Alas, Crystal Keep doesn't include the whole of 3.5

To the OP, you may already be aware of them, but the WotC Consolidated Lists (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/lists) are quite good, though the information beyond the names of the things is a little too undetailed.

Doc Roc
2009-12-11, 10:39 AM
Actually, the bibles he's looking for are a little more extensive than this, representing indexes of every single feat in canon, for example. Needless to say, it goes into somewhat more grave detail than the crystal keep indexes, and thus is basically illicit in nature. I don't think I can help any further except to recommend the database I use, www.imarvintpa.com

Tyndmyr
2009-12-11, 01:19 PM
Crystalkeep has a good start, but they have a few errors, and are incomplete.

Im a bit tempted to toss up a more nicely formatted compilation, since I've actually got damn near all the 3.5 books.

So far as legality goes, an index for looking stuff up should normally be ok, but full reproduction of the rules...I wouldn't go there.

SpC and MiC are, while not complete, the best compilations available. I'd suggest you start with picking those up.