PDA

View Full Version : Girard and The Giant (posible spoilers)

Shanty Man
2009-12-11, 05:59 AM
When I first saw the new comic (before I had a proper look) I thought I was looking at an illusion of The Giant and they are very similar.
Just a coincidence?

Athaniar
2009-12-11, 06:04 AM
There are only so many ways you can draw a stick figure. The hair color isn't the same, and the hair and beard are marginally different as well. I'd say coincidence, yes.

Turkish Delight
2009-12-11, 06:06 AM
So....the Giant is Haley's father?

Oh sweet god.

Hatchet
2009-12-11, 06:08 AM
Also, their names share THREE letters!

Coincidence? :smallwink:

Prime32
2009-12-11, 06:09 AM

Oh sweet god.I suppose you could call him that. He is also Elan's father.

rainbowjo
2009-12-11, 06:10 AM
Of course, the giant is actually Girard, come from the stickverse to warn us about the snarl. (our gods fight too) This website doesnt even exist, its all an illusion.

Also, @ Lord Xavius. Im very disappointed in your current avatar, looks nothing like Azsharas councilor OR the satyr!

Prime32
2009-12-11, 06:12 AM
Of course, the giant is actually Girard, come from the stickverse to warn us about the snarl. (our gods fight too) This website doesnt even exist, its all an illusion.Just like that lumberjack over there

Athaniar
2009-12-11, 06:20 AM
Also, @ Lord Xavius. Im very disappointed in your current avatar, looks nothing like Azsharas councilor OR the satyr!
Used to have the satyr, but changed it recently into human-form Deathwing in anticipation of Cataclysm, and then into the character I'm playing (see sig). I do have an elven Xavius avatar I made myself, but have never used. Will probably use it in the future.

EDIT: Here is an elven Xavius I made with the Model Viewer. Just because.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/b/bd/Lord_Xavius_%28Highborne%29.png

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-11, 03:38 PM
When I first saw the new comic (before I had a proper look) I thought I was looking at an illusion of The Giant and they are very similar.
Just a coincidence?

I actually think Girard looks more like The Giant (at least according to his avatar).

Perhaps Girard is the DM's (=Rich's) DMNPC who'll save he party at a crutial moment, and have all kinds of super=powers.

Or maybe Rich has a thing for illusionist characters, so he made one to look like him.

Either way Girard is not Hayley's father, but The Giants personal avatar in the OotS world.

You're welcome :smallcool:

BatRobin
2009-12-11, 04:37 PM
"Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar."

Athaniar
2009-12-11, 04:37 PM
But they don't even have the same hair color...

dragongirl13
2009-12-11, 07:23 PM

Oh sweet god.

Girard is not Haley's father, and neither is The Giant. Her father's name was Ian Starshine.

bluewind95
2009-12-11, 11:25 PM
I know it's about as plausible as Roy being Elan's father. But I still like to think of Girard as Rich in disguise. Because the resemblance is pretty neat.

Kish
2009-12-11, 11:36 PM
I suppose you could call him that. He is also Elan's father.
Also Xykon's and Redcloak's and Roy's and...

...well, "creator" would be more accurate.

Egads, people. Haley is a human, whose father is a human named Ian Starshine, and whose mother is a now-dead human named Mia. She is not related to any member of the Order of the Scribble. "Stick figures in OotS often look kind of similar to each other" is not front-page news.

Turkish Delight
2009-12-12, 12:00 AM
Girard is not Haley's father, and neither is The Giant. Her father's name was Ian Starshine.

Oh, sure, that's what the Giant would like us to think. But since we've long ago established Girard is Haley's father, and we've now established Girard is the Giant, it only makes sense that the Giant is Haley's father.

Temotei
2009-12-12, 12:06 AM
Oh, sure, that's what the Giant would like us to think. But since we've long ago established Girard is Haley's father, and we've now established Girard is the Giant, it only makes sense that the Giant is Haley's father.

*loud breathing*Haley*breathing*...I am your father.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :haley:

Mariel Dragon
2009-12-12, 01:15 AM
So....the Giant is Haley's father?.

To the crack pairings thread!