PDA

View Full Version : Hanukkah Paladins

taltamir
2009-12-11, 07:01 AM
Here are the words and translation to a Hanukkah song. I loved singing it as a kid, recently I noticed how appropriate it would be for paladins.

Hebrew:
Baanu Choshech legaresh, beyadenu Or vaEsh, Kol ehad ho or katan, veKolanu Or Eitan, Surah Choshech halah schor, Surah, Befnei haOr. Surah Choshech halah schor, Surah, Befnei haOr.

Translation:
We have come to abolish the darkness, in our hands light and fire. Each one a tiny light, but together, a titanic light. Begone darkness, flee blackness, flee, before the light. Begone darkness, flee blackness, flee, before the light.

Ravens_cry
2009-12-11, 07:19 AM
Oh I am so stealing that! That is indeed awesome.

potatocubed
2009-12-11, 07:23 AM
My favourite paladin song is the first verse of Rasputina's Choose Me For Champion:

Choose me to be a champion:
I am possessing of a very righteous style.
I understand what's going on,
I have charisma and of course a winning smile.

I stand accused of being an audacious redeemer
- not a charge I can deny -
I have refused the ways of the liar and the schemer
And I am not afraid to die.

Then the rest of the song goes off in a different and less paladin-appropriate direction, but hey ho.

Nameless
2009-12-11, 07:24 AM
Here are the words and translation to a Hanukkah song. I loved singing it as a kid, recently I noticed how appropriate it would be for paladins.

Hebrew:
Baanu Choshech legaresh, beyadenu Or vaEsh, Kol ehad ho or katan, veKolanu Or Eitan, Surah Choshech halah schor, Surah, Befnei haOr. Surah Choshech halah schor, Surah, Befnei haOr.

Translation:
We have come to abolish the darkness, in our hands light and fire. Each one a tiny light, but together, a titanic light. Begone darkness, flee blackness, flee, before the light. Begone darkness, flee blackness, flee, before the light.

Hm, I've just realised how much an awesome Metal song this would make. :smalltongue:

GolemsVoice
2009-12-11, 07:42 AM
Damn, those are some hardcore lyrics. Merry Hannukah, evildoers! Time to hide.

Roland St. Jude
2009-12-11, 11:40 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Though awesome, 'tis real worldly religious. Please don't.