PDA

View Full Version : Crowning Moments of Awesome

Eloel
2009-12-11, 08:48 AM
I would love to learn what everyone thinks the characters' crowning moment of awesome so far is.

My thoughts?

Sexy Shoeless God of War
Darth V
Roy Reborn
Elan in-from-window
Xykon bans regeneration

I've no idea on Durkon nor Haley, so, anyone have any ideas for any of them?

Comet
2009-12-11, 08:50 AM
I've no idea on Durkon --

Control weather? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0352.html)

hamishspence
2009-12-11, 08:53 AM
You could look up TV tropes- OoTS, Crowning Moments of Awesome, and pick out the relevant ones.

Though it might miss a few- since not everyone considers the same things awesome.

archon_huskie
2009-12-11, 08:55 AM
Control weather? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0352.html)
Or the first time he uses Thor's Might. (Which as far as I can tell is just enlarge person . . .)

Ancalagon
2009-12-11, 08:57 AM
OotS has an own section over at TVtropes. Why not just use that?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/CrowningMoment/OrderOfTheStick

Haven
2009-12-11, 09:00 AM
Or the first time he uses Thor's Might. (Which as far as I can tell is just enlarge person . . .)

Actually, it's Righteous Might (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/righteousMight.htm). But eh, that was just squishing some goblins because Belkar was being a moron.

On the other hand, using it to beat the bearness out of Leeky was priceless.

Cizak
2009-12-11, 10:56 AM
Xykon bans regeneration

Clearly, you have not read Xykon's speech at the end of SoD.

Ancalagon
2009-12-11, 11:12 AM
Clearly, you have not read Xykon's speech at the end of SoD.

That speech should be called "Crowning Moment of Evil". ;)

Optimystik
2009-12-11, 11:15 AM

As Haven said, he is using Righteous Might - clerics are obliged to refluff certain spells by naming them after their deities. For example, a cleric with the Strength domain gets the Bigsby's Hand line, but substitutes their deity's name instead of the wizard's.

Cizak
2009-12-11, 05:54 PM
That speech should be called "Crowning Moment of Evil". ;)

Evil = Awesome :smalltongue:

Harr
2009-12-11, 06:41 PM
I've no idea on Durkon nor Haley, so, anyone have any ideas for any of them?

What comes to mind for Haley is the time she tells Belkar to stay where he is and goes and takes out a bunch of hobgoblins purely with arrows and with the clever falling-tower thing.

Also when she kills her nemesis coming out of the shower in the thieve's guild comes to mind, although that is certainly debatable how "awesome" it was :smallconfused:... I thought it was pretty cool.

Hmm... can't think of any more... maybe when she cured herself of the crypto-speak? That was more Elan's moment though.

(PS, I haven't read the TVTropes page as I have no wish to end up spending my entire night on that site, so sorry if those are already mentioned :smallsmile:)

dps
2009-12-11, 06:59 PM
What comes to mind for Haley is the time she tells Belkar to stay where he is and goes and takes out a bunch of hobgoblins purely with arrows and with the clever falling-tower thing.

Also when she kills her nemesis coming out of the shower in the thieve's guild comes to mind, although that is certainly debatable how "awesome" it was :smallconfused:... I thought it was pretty cool.

Hmm... can't think of any more... maybe when she cured herself of the crypto-speak? That was more Elan's moment though.

(PS, I haven't read the TVTropes page as I have no wish to end up spending my entire night on that site, so sorry if those are already mentioned :smallsmile:)

I'd probably go with her solution to the Test of Mind on the first visit to the Oracle.

NerfTW
2009-12-11, 07:06 PM
You could look up TV tropes- OoTS, Crowning Moments of Awesome, and pick out the relevant ones.

Or you could exercise original thought instead of mindlessly linking to that damn wiki.

averagejoe
2009-12-11, 07:23 PM
Though it might miss a few- since not everyone considers the same things awesome.

I think the bigger problem is that a lot of them aren't "crowning" rather than that they aren't awesome.