PDA

View Full Version : Quick Draw as a Spell

Fizzban
2009-12-11, 01:13 PM
If one was to make a spell with the casting time of swift or immediate that allowed a character to draw a weapon as if they had the quick draw feat would you rank it as a 0 level spell or 1st level spell?

I'm hoping to add something like this to my gish character

Thanks

Fizz

Lysander
2009-12-11, 02:14 PM
Not quite what you asked for but how about this:

Loyal Weapon
Abjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Weapon touched
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No

You enchant a weapon to spring to your hand in times of need. This replicates the Quick Draw feat for that one particular weapon. It also allows you to make the weapon to fly to your hand from as far as 10-ft away as a move action, as long as the weapon is not possessed by another and there is no obstruction between you and the weapon.

DracoDei
2009-12-11, 02:21 PM
I like the extra little "Luke TKs his light-saber to him" touch.

Fizzban
2009-12-11, 03:48 PM
Not quite what you asked for but how about this:

Loyal Weapon
Abjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Weapon touched
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No

You enchant a weapon to spring to your hand in times of need. This replicates the Quick Draw feat for that one particular weapon. It also allows you to make the weapon to fly to your hand from as far as 10-ft away as a move action, as long as the weapon is not possessed by another and there is no obstruction between you and the weapon.

I like this alot. I might see if I can get this as an enchantment at some point! With this being 1 hour/level plus the Luke thing at 1st level would it be balanced to say that a quick draw once would be would be a 0
level spell?

Fizz

Mulletmanalive
2009-12-11, 04:19 PM
There's already a spell in Magic of Eberron that does basically the same thing, called Indesputable Possession. I don't think it Quickdraws and only has a 10 minutes/level duration.

Casting time of 1 minute too...

I consider this more balanced personally. There's a +1 quality called Ready somewhere, that allows you to draw it as a free action and act in the surprise round. I'd assume that would be a level 1 spell, casting time 1 minute, duration 10/minutes per level.