PDA

View Full Version : Healing hands and devoted Paladin. do they stack?

Mystic Muse
2009-12-12, 04:19 PM
The title says it all. Would they stack since it doesn't specify it as a feat bonus? or since it comes from a feat is it automatically a feat bonus and therefore won't stack?

EDIT: this is 4th edition.

Belobog
2009-12-12, 04:40 PM
The title says it all. Would they stack since it doesn't specify it as a feat bonus? or since it comes from a feat is it automatically a feat bonus and therefore won't stack?

You're going to get people who says it wouldn't and people who say it would, exactly because of those two readings of the rules. So the only thing you can do is pick a side/find out what side your GM is on and adapt. Personally, I'm on the "feat bonuses are spelled out, they aren't feat bonuses, they stack" side, but it really depends on how you yourself see it.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-12, 04:58 PM
More information is required.

Mystic Muse
2009-12-12, 05:17 PM
okay. The text of healing hands is thus.

when you use the lay on hands power the affected ally regains additional hitpoints equal to your Charisma modifier.

the text of devoted Paladin is this.

when you use your lay on hands on an ally that ally regains additional hit points equal to your charisma modifier. When you select this feat, your number of healing surges increases by one.

I don't know what other information to give you.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-12, 05:18 PM
Hell, what edition is this?

Mystic Muse
2009-12-12, 05:23 PM
sorry. 4th edition.

nightwyrm
2009-12-12, 05:23 PM
4th. It mentions healing surge.

I see no problem with them stacking. Especially since one is just better than the other. Also, feat bonuses are named bonuses and are pointed out explicitly. Just because a bonus comes from a feat doesn't make it a feat bonus.