PDA

View Full Version : Half-Halfling?

Fizzban
2009-12-12, 05:45 PM
Does anyone have a half-halfing race? I've seen half everything else so I figured someone has one stated up. Half-Kender may be a good version to use.

Fizz

jokey665
2009-12-12, 06:07 PM
I have some half-halfings using my specific homebrew half-race rules and my specific race variants (http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcAugfauJp7uZGM3amZzNzZfOThmOHhydzVoYg&hl=en), but they're only meant to work when the rest of those rules are in place. Also I'm still unsure how balanced it all is.

Johel
2009-12-12, 06:14 PM
Half-halfling human :

+1 Dexterity, -1 Strength.
Medium: As Medium creatures, Half-halflings have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Half-Halfling base land speed is 30 feet.
+1 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
+1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
+1 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the Half-halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass Half-halflingtakes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-12, 06:31 PM
Half-halfling? He's a good user, yeah. Good artist too, and he hangs out with us crack(fic) heads, so...

Wait, wrong half-halfling. Sorry.

RogueMortal
2009-12-12, 09:28 PM
Dragonlance Age of Mortals had stats for a half halfling.

Milskidasith
2009-12-12, 09:47 PM
Half-halfling human :

Medium: As Medium creatures, Half-halflings have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
+1 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the Half-halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass Half-halflingtakes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

That's... terrible.

Lappy9000
2009-12-12, 09:57 PM
Half-halfling human :

I hope that it's intentionally funny, because I find this hilarious :smallbiggrin:

To avoid confusion if it's not a joke, the variant is fine, all the numbers are just halved.

Ryerbiar
2009-12-13, 12:33 AM
I hope that it's intentionally funny, because I find this hilarious :smallbiggrin:

To avoid confusion if it's not a joke, the variant is fine, all the numbers are just halved.

I think it is, it's basically just half of all the Halfling racial traits XD

Ok, well...I'm gonna give a crack at this, just for the hell of it. I doubt it will be balanced, never tried this before.

Half-Halfling Human (A better name for them pending)

Size: Medium

Base land speed is 30 feet

+1 to all Saving Throws

+1 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks

+2 racial bonus to Hide, Bluff, and Balance checks (My thinking is that their small and light, making them good for hiding, but not small enough to qualify for having small size. I also decided that because they don't fit in due to their odd parenting, they should be good liars. And for balance purpose, I thought a balance bonus might help)

+1 morale bonus on saving throws against fear

Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling.
Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.

Shyftir
2009-12-13, 12:44 AM
I always envisioned a "Gnomeling Grenadier" alchemy plus thrown weapon bonus = fun times.

Lappy9000
2009-12-13, 01:16 AM
I always envisioned a "Gnomeling Grenadier" alchemy plus thrown weapon bonus = fun times.I love you.

CarpeGuitarrem
2009-12-13, 01:52 AM
Check Munchkin for the stats.

Anonymouswizard
2009-12-13, 04:38 AM
Check Munchkin for the stats.

lol. the Munchkin players handbook has the best rules for half-breeds, I now want to play the child of a half-halfling/half-dwarf and a half-elf/half-gnome

Rithaniel
2009-12-13, 07:33 AM
Lemme give this a whack....

Pygmy:

+2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
Medium: As Medium creatures, Pygmys have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Pygmy base land speed is 30 feet.
Slight Build: The physical stature of pygmys lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a pygmy is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the pygmy is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. A pygmy is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. A pygmy can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. However, the space and reach of a pygmy remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
Pygmys gain 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Any.
Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass pygmy takes an experience point penalty, their highest-level class does not count.

Table: Pygmy Random Starting Ages
{table=head]Adulthood|Simple|Moderate|Complex

17 years|
+1d6 years|
+2d6 years|
+3d6 years[/table]

Table: Pygmy Aging Effects
{table=head]Middle Age|Old|Venerable|Maximum Age

43 years|
64 years|
85 years|
+4d20 years[/table]