PDA

View Full Version : NPC Class Only Campaign [Help]

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-12, 06:31 PM
I will be starting an NPC class only campaign soon where each player uses only an NPC class with some Special NPC PrCs and base classes as PrCs. I need a few things before this campaign begins.

What traits, flaws, and feats that are useful for NPC campaigns (plus any new ones you may come up with). NPC class specific PrCs and conversions of PC classes to PrCs. I also need an array for ability scores that would go well for the campaign.

Gralamin
2009-12-12, 07:05 PM
I hear that Chicken Infested is a good flaw.

Yzzyx
2009-12-12, 07:11 PM
I will be starting an NPC class only campaign soon where each player uses only an NPC class with some Special NPC PrCs and base classes as PrCs. I need a few things before this campaign begins.

What traits, flaws, and feats that are useful for NPC campaigns (plus any new ones you may come up with). NPC class specific PrCs and conversions of PC classes to PrCs. I also need an array for ability scores that would go well for the campaign.

Are you just using NPC classes in the DMG? Those are the only classes (base or prestige) specifically called out as being for NPCs, to my knowledge, except for the one prestige class in Dungeonscape meant for monsters. Of those, the adept is quite nice, though of course not up to the standards of PC classes, and I've heard there are some useful flaws (chicken infested and weresheep) in an april fool's edition of dungeon magazine. Just use standard optimizing tactics: warriors are like fighters without bonus feats, experts like rogues without any class features, and commoners are just like wizards, one of the most powerful classes, with a lower will save and a few fewer spells per day! They don't even need spellbooks, and some of their skills are better!

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-12, 07:20 PM
All you need to know is Use magic device, Chicken Infested, and leadership.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-12, 07:22 PM
Adepts get Polymorph.

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-12, 11:16 PM
I happen to be playing a magewright/human paragon from eberron. The story is pretty standard, town on the outskirts of a haunted forest, strange disappearances, rise of a few select individuals as the common hero, only allowed NPC and paragon classes, all the usual stuff. Anyway, the idea is simple, me and my DM would just like some additions.

We use a modded version of the commoner that's not so fragile and on par with the other NPC classes (d6 hit die, good fort saves, and proficiency with common farming tools).

We also have a rule for two flaws and one trait for each character, so far we have a warrior, aristocrat, me, and an adept, and we have another person who we are trying to recruit as an expert.

Claudius Maximus
2009-12-12, 11:21 PM
There's also the Gleaner, found on this very site.

Danin
2009-12-13, 04:26 AM
Theres also the master craftsman, from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting. Awesome class, allows you to craft masterwork items with a +5 bonus to hit, and masterwork items that provide a +10 bonus. A number of other related abilities too.

Forevernade
2009-12-13, 07:22 AM
Theres also the master craftsman, from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting. Awesome class, allows you to craft masterwork items with a +5 bonus to hit, and masterwork items that provide a +10 bonus. A number of other related abilities too.

What book is that from? link me to a product list or something?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-12-13, 08:02 AM
The Hexer from Masters of the Wild is basically designed to be used with an Adept, since they're the only divine spellcasting class that gets Lightning Bolt. It may need some updating from 3.0, but it's a solid class and can make an excellent Polymorphed meleer.