PDA

View Full Version : E6 Zero Level

kirbsys
2009-12-13, 01:07 AM
Stillhunt Crossing is a largely quiet town, save for the occasional wandering undead or encroaching tribe of miscreant goblins or orcs. The people of the town farm or perform some other trade quietly, and life moves fairly slowly around here. The last two major things people got worked up about were when Snow was found mid-winter in one of the strongest blizzards that anyone could remember, and when Jack, the young guardsman, died tragically. The one time every year when the towns-folk all come together and shed off their year longs work habits is in the fall, right after the harvest. It is during this time that the roving caravans make their stop in Stillhunt Crossing, and for a week there is nothing but music, dancing, buying, selling, and general merriment. The old men who bring their wares gather in the tavern at night to tell tales of ages past; the guardsmen who come along to fend off any would-be bandits brag about past battles; the farmers set up stalls to sell delicious foods; and best of all for some, the merchants bring out fabulous wares, from shining weapons and armour to glistening jewelry. Though some of the wares are out of the reach of all but the wealthiest of the town's inhabitants, there is something for everyone. The town has had a bountiful harvest, and everyone is excited fort he merchant's arrival. Late last night the first of the wagons pulled in, and this morning the sounds of hammers and ropes could be heard throughout the town as the nomads set up their tents and wagons in and around the town square.

Snow, your father gave you the day off to enjoy the festival. Though you enjoy the festival like most of the others, you are uneasy at the moment. You feel a sense of dread, and the disquiet you constantly sense from the marshes to the north had recently taken a more menacing tone; not to mention that some of the less savory merchants set your teeth on edge. Fortunately you have little time to dwell on this; as you are looking through the various stalls Harriett runs up to you and drags you off to the inn where a group of performers are playing music.

Pip, though you reported to the sheriff this morning as you do every day, he urged you to take the day off. Though you tried to protest, he quickly assured you that everything was under control (as usual), and that with the caravan guards around, you'd be free to wander around for the day. Eventually you managed to find your way to the Brightbrook Inn, whether simply through accident or design is up to you. Inside you find a small crowd watching a band play in the common room.

Shalara, like the others, you have the day off from your regular duties. You originally planned to go immediately into the bazaar, but while walking through town you caught a glimpse of a turtle walking in one of the back alleys. Remembering the vivid dreams that you have been having recently you raced to follow it, but quickly lost sight of the ethereal creature. Following the sound of music you ended up inside the local inn where many towns people are already gathered to take in the first of many performances.

Ash, you are the only one that hasn't had the day to himself so far. With so many travelers and patrons you have been needed all day. Early this morning your mother woke you to bring barrels from the cellar in preparation for the business that the caravans bring. Afterwords rooms had to be prepared for the outlying farmers and others that come to visit during the festival. You've spent the majority of the day either serving drinks or hauling supplies up from the lower floor when your mother comes over to give you the rest of the day off.

The inn is fairly well crowded, and the noise is just below a dull roar. The band plays lively music, with a drum, a fiddle, a lute, and a singer all inside the common room. In one corner of the room an elderly man sits with a circle of people around him re-telling the familiar story of the last war. On the far other side of the common room there is a dice game of some sort running, and the players cheer excitedly as they win and lose their money.

There are still a good two hours before the setting of the sun, and what you wish to do with the rest of your day and the beginning of the evening is entirely up to you.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-13, 07:13 AM
Shalara's eyes widen and lips curl with the usual enthusiasm the young elf displays. She walks around in the tavern until she can find Ash and asks, "What's best today?" The look in her eyes makes it clear she's referring to fresh harvest foods.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-13, 10:37 AM
Pip strides into the bar and looks across the familiar faces. Spotting Shalara and Ash, she waves excitedly and approaches.

Speaking at high speeds in her high-pitched, excited voice she exclaims "Hiya guys! Sheriff said I've got the day off, so I decided to come hang around here. How are you today? Have you seen all the wagons and the tents and the caravan guards in their shiny armor (I wish I had shiny armor, but I don't) and the music and -- she finally pauses for a breath -- "This is going to be great fun here! I was worried that it was going to be a boring day since the Sheriff didn't want me to patrol today -- did I mention that already? -- but now that I've found you guys, this is going to be a good day after all!"

LeoMidori
2009-12-13, 11:54 AM
Although Ash was told to take the rest of the day off, he was still keeping somewhat busy, currently cleaning a tankard: someone had decided to use it as a spitoon and he was glad the grouchy old dwarf was gone, as he was bothering some other people. He at least coerxed some extra silver out of him for the mess he had left.

An elf girl and the cheerful short female guard came in with a mix of hunger and excitement. He smiled to them with his striking grey eyes, setting the now clean tankard down. "Ah, good day to you both. We have some roasted corn and carrot stew, and our apple tarts are going fast, so maybe you should grab some before they're all gone!" he said to Shalara, who he knew liked vegtables and fruit more then meat. He smiled to Pip, grabbing his backpack, including a number of things he could trade, and his spare cash he had made this year. "I know, I'm excited myself. I've been busy here all day, as you can see, but I'd love to get a look around. There's quite a variety of things this year I heard, so I'm definetly interested."

amanamana
2009-12-13, 12:57 PM
Harriet, the cute redhead from one of the farms, seems amused as she drags Joshua "Snow" into the inn.

"Come on, Josh, let's dance"

The white-haired young man seems almost scared by the idea, but is dragged hopelessly to the middle of the room.
As the girl moves graciously around him, following the rhythm, Snow struggles with his own legs, trying not to stomp her feet beneath his.

"Come on, Red, spare me of the embarrassment." - He asks with a cheerful smile. - "Come on, I'll buy you a tart"

Snow holds her hand and walk to the balcony, making their way through the crowd, greeting half the people in the path. He approaches Ash and the rest.

"Hey, you guys. Is there any tart left?" - His easygoing smile not really hidding the relief for leaving the dance floor.

LeoMidori
2009-12-13, 02:03 PM
"Just go ask at the counter. They'll tell you if there is or not." he responded cheerfully, taking a quick once over of his things in his pack before grabbing his walking stick and setting it beside him at the table. He had a plate of things in front of him already: some of the roasted veggie stew and some bread and mutton, plus an apple cherry tart for himself. "Cheers!"

Elves-as-People
2009-12-13, 05:52 PM
Shalara nods to him, Yeah, there's all sorts of things happening for the festival as usual. I have to admit the harvest is what's got me most excited, though.

Shalara walks up to the counter and tells the tender I'd like a big bowl of vegatable stew and a few of these tarts I've heard so much about. Is there more than one kind?

amanamana
2009-12-13, 11:46 PM
Snow walks up to the counter too.

"A tart, please."

After he gets it, he gives it to Harriet and whispers to her:

"There is something worring me. Can we talk outside for a moment?"

kirbsys
2009-12-14, 12:05 AM
Shalara
One of the men who helps around the inn stands behind the heavy wooden counter, "There sure are," he says with a broad grin, "we have apple, berry, and custard tarts, all fresh baked. What kind do you want?"

Snow
The man behind the counter offers you the same choices, saying, "You're a friend of Ash's, no need for coin today," as you pull out a few coppers to pay him. After you take your pick and return to Harriet, she replies, "Of course." The look on her face is half-way between excitement and nervousness.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-14, 02:19 AM
Ooh... I think I'll have to try them all, if you please Shalara answers, smiling. I can see they're all popular. Any fresh milk?

kirbsys
2009-12-14, 02:45 AM
He flashes a smile then disappears into the back room for a few seconds, returning with a tray laden with a few tarts of each flavor, the bowl of stew you asked for, a glass of milk, and a few other delicious treats. "Make sure to share with your friends over there and enjoy the festival, it only comes around once a year."

amanamana
2009-12-14, 01:23 PM
Snow leads her out of the inn and into the street. He then makes a turn and goes to the side of the building. His face gets a bit more serious.

"I don't want to scare you nor ruin the Festival, but I'm kind of nervous. Do you remember those feelings I was having related to the marshes? Well..." - He takes a deep breath. - "I know my brother was saying I was crazy, but it's worse today... since I woke up, this is bugging me. I feel like something bad is going to happen. Like if something evil was coming towards us." - He looks into her eyes. - "I'm not saying we shouldn't enjoy the festival... I'm just afraid something wrong may happen. Keep your eyes open. If you get a bad feeling about something or someone, trust your feeling. Just be careful. Okay?"

He hugs her and look around. If there is no one near, he will give her a quick peck on the lips.

"Let's go to the market?" - He says, already starting to walk.

LeoMidori
2009-12-14, 02:20 PM
Ash gave a blink, looking at the curious ammount of food that was ordered. "Jeeze Shalara, hungry much?" he commented with a small laugh, and taking a drink from a tankard of cool ale. He set it back down and finshed off his stew, using his bread as a spoon of sorts. He dug into his mutton and dessert, and finished within a few minutes, sighing and sitting back as much as he could without falling backwards. "Ahhh, that was good... all the more rewarding with a hard day before it. So, you guys ready to head to the market? I'm just dying to go myself!"

Elves-as-People
2009-12-14, 02:27 PM
If I can manage to get this all over there I'll be sure to share... Shalara says to the bartender, before struggling to get all the food to where the others are seated. What do you mean ash? He said to share. Feel free to dig in! As she takes off her winter cloak to set it down on the back of her chair and takes a seat, the more observant persons present notice that a small but distinctly atypically soft and round tummy (for someone young, or especially an elf) has started to show. She then proceeds to start sampling everything in front of her with an enthusiasm that suggests she may have just been talking to herself with her last remark. She continues, between mouth fulls, to add Ohm ya, we shod defnately shee id!

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-14, 08:34 PM
Sitting down with the others, Pip snags an apple and begins tossing it from hand to hand. "So, once you two finish stuffin' yourselves, where'd ya wanna go?" she says with an excited smile, "There's so much I wanna see that I can't choose!"

Pip continues tossing the apple back and forth from hand to hand for a couple of seconds before rapidly devouring it.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-14, 09:10 PM
Why are you always in such a hurry? We'll get a chance to see everything. Enjoy yourself, Pip. Shalara says, continuing to enjoy her own personal feast. After awhile she finishes off the platter and stew, she leans back, finishes the milk, stiffles a burp, and stretches. That was so delicious it makes me want to curl up in here for awhile, but I guess we should get to the festival. What do you think we should do first?

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-14, 10:33 PM
"Well, we ain't all got a thousand years to live Shalara," says Pip standing and pacing restlessly while her friend finishes eating.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-14, 10:43 PM
And that's exactly why you should relax and enjoy! Shalara replies, slouching in her chair and adjusting her blouse. Now where do we go first for the festival?

LeoMidori
2009-12-15, 01:45 AM
"Well, I guess it depends on what is there." Ash said amusedly, nodding to one of the servers that worked for him and shifted back, getting his slightly beat-up leather backpack on and grabbing his walking stick, smiling to the two girls and motioning for the door. "Come on! Let's go see what there is this year."

Elves-as-People
2009-12-15, 12:04 PM
But those tarts are so good... alright, I guess we should get going. Shalara says, putting her cloak back over her shoulders. I'm ready....

kirbsys
2009-12-15, 12:26 PM
Harriet looks a little frightened as you tell her about what you're feeling, and it's obvious that if it were anyone but you she'd think you were crazy. She begins to say something, but keeps quiet and runs a little to catch up with you, glad to be going to the market.

The market is set up in the town square and the commons, a combination of portable stalls, wagons with their sides open, and pavilions and tents set up to house goods. The sounds of people talking and haggling over prices, and music from every direction fill your ears. You smell the various foods that vendors are selling, from rare roasted meats to delicious pies. Among the various shops are places selling jewlery, clothes, exotic animals, armour and weapons, and other sundry things. Spell casters both genuine and imitation make gaudy flashes of smoke and perform tricks to amuse townsfolk and earn a few coins. A small tent with games of chance has been set up in the middle of the square for those that wish to tempt fate, and a fortune teller has her own pavilion in the shade of the town chapel.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-15, 12:32 PM
Shalara heads out of the tavern, taking it the sights, sounds... and smells! "Wow those pies smell delicious... should we go there first?" she says, turning back to Ash as she starts to wander off.

LeoMidori
2009-12-15, 07:13 PM
"Gods miss, you just ate! You're going to get sick if you keep eating like that!" he said somewhat exhaustedly, rolling his eyes upwards as the gluttonous elf walked ahead of him. "If you're going to buy one, just save it for later, alright?" he said to Shalara, pretty much letting her go on her own accord.

He turned to Pip, smiling amusedly at her with his half closed grey eyes."Perhaps you've got a bit of a broader mind for looking around here? Maybe we should check out the magicians, or get you some new equipment? You might as well while you have the chance."

Elves-as-People
2009-12-15, 07:58 PM
"Now that you mention it, I'm stuffed... we should wait a bit for pie... but don't let me forget! I want to try everything!" Shalara replies, lifting her head to sample all the smells. She walks back over to the others and adds "I'll look around with you guys... unless you're going to spend the whole time looking at..." she pauses, sighing before continuing, "swords and all the other boring things. What do you think, Pip?"

kirbsys
2009-12-16, 07:06 PM
Shalara

As you're walking with the others you suddenly feel a strong grip on your arm. Turning about you find yourself face to face with an ancient woman with wrinkled skin and eyes as black as pitch.

You have an aura about you my dear... You should step into my tent. I am a seer, I'll gaze into your future for only a small bit of coin.

You can't tell if this woman is genuinely interested in you or merely show boating to gain a customer.

What's everybody else doing?

amanamana
2009-12-16, 11:34 PM
Snow walks around a bit with Harriet, seeing whatever she is interested in. He is afraid he might ruin the Festival for her, so he starts to lighten up.

"Come on, Red. Let's not waste this beautiful day. It's the Festival. We should have fun. Look at all this stuff." - After walking around for a while, he sees the other three. Feeling their enthusiasm, he tries too join them. - "Hey, guys. Having fun?"

Elves-as-People
2009-12-17, 01:41 AM
Shalara waves to Snow enthusiastically, but her signature slight smile is absent as she seems confused by the old womyn gripping her arm. Her confusion quickly gives way to curiosity, and she replies "How much coin? I'm not exactly rich..."

kirbsys
2009-12-17, 03:07 AM
All I require is a silver piece, I only wish to eat the woman says. She wears a shawl over her head with large flowing robes covering her frail frame.

LeoMidori
2009-12-17, 04:40 AM
Ast decides to check out the weapons and armor for sale.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-17, 08:16 AM
Pip follows Ash to check out the shiny new weapons.

amanamana
2009-12-17, 01:14 PM
"So... what you want to do, Red?"

If she decides to go another way, Snow talks to the others:

"See you later, guys."

Elves-as-People
2009-12-17, 02:09 PM
"I'll see you all later... don't let me miss out on the food!" Shalara says to the others over her shoulder before turning back to the womyn. "Alright, let's go to your tent then. What's your name? I'm Shalara."

kirbsys
2009-12-18, 11:21 PM
Elves-as-People
"My name is Drina, I am a wanderer and fortune teller. Come, this way," she says, pulling back the cloth flap on a tent. You step into the dark tent and as your eyes adjust to the darkness you begin to notice various curiosities decorating the inside. A large table of curious dark wood sits in the center, covered with a table cloth covered in various patterns. Hanging from the top of the tent, directly above the table, is a censer that leaks heavily perfumed smoke, making the room hazy. The woman sits down on a carved stump on the far side of the table, motioning with her hand for you to sit opposite her. From under the table she takes a small wooden box. From within the box she produces a deck of curious cards with embellished backsides of black and gold. "These cards portent things to come, or things that are that you have yet to realize. What would you know more about?

amanamana
Harriett smiles and says, "There's plenty of time to look at everything, I'll just stay with you and your friends," with a smile.

The rest of you head towards the area where the weapons and armour are displayed. There are several open air pavilions and wooden stands set up displaying glimmering steel and dark iron. Weapons of all types hang from walls and adorn tables, and in several different pavilions you see dyed leather armours and glimmering maile coats. Almost anything that a warrior could want is available. Is there anything specific that anyone is looking for?

amanamana
2009-12-19, 02:10 AM
Snow goes straight to the armours display. He looks at the metal armours, wishing some steel instead of the boiled leather he uses to protect his slow moving body.

"That's so cool..."

Elves-as-People
2009-12-19, 03:40 AM
Shalara takes off her cloak and takes a seat. "Well... you said I had an aura, Drina. Tell me more about it." She wriggles in her seat to find a comfortable position to laze, and waits attentively for the old womyn to continue.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-19, 12:59 PM
Pip gazes at the shiny armor as if in a trance. "It's so... pretty," she mutters wistfully under her breath. Looking up and snapping back into reality, she turns to her friends and begins speaking her thoughts at top speed. "Wow I wish I had armor like that but I don't because all us guards get is shoddy leather armor that smells like old men and cats and it's not very nice at all and that shiny metal armor looks so pretty and -- " she pauses a fraction of a second to take a breath before rattling on again at breakneck speeds " I wish I could afford some of that armor but I bet it's really expensive so I can't but still it's fun to look at isn't it.

LeoMidori
2009-12-19, 02:41 PM
"Gotta admit, it is pretty neat looking..." said Ash, looking over the shields and hanging suits. "Maybe if you traded in your old armor, then you could afford some new stuff? Doesn't hurt to ask, does it?"

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-19, 04:51 PM
"Nah, my shoddy old guard armor ain't worth near half as much as this shiny new stuff," says Pip shaking her head, "The only way I'm gonna get my hands on one of these is if the city watch decides to upgrade gear. Still, it sure is pretty."

amanamana
2009-12-19, 06:59 PM
"Well, I may not have money for that now, but I sure wouldn't mind saving money to get me some of this. Even though it would take some decades..." - He gives a melancolic smile after that thought.

"By the way, you're right, Pip. Those leather armours we use sure smell like old men... blergh."

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-19, 08:34 PM
"Comeon Ash'n'Snow, lets go see somthin' else," says Pip reaching up to clap her friends on the shoulders.

amanamana
2009-12-20, 12:18 PM
"Oh, man... really?" - Snow says, joking.

"I wonder what kind of animals they might have in this caravan..."

LeoMidori
2009-12-20, 09:07 PM
"Sounds alright to me. Maybe there's some tinctures and medicines or herbs about. There's gotta be something here!"

kirbsys
2009-12-20, 09:59 PM
Elves-as-People
"Every person has an aura about them, it comes from their connection within them, however yours is stronger than most. The power behind your aura implies a strong connection with spirits, or a grand destiny. Perhaps both. These cards give strong readings to those who have auras such as yours, I will lay out a spread of five cards and try to reveal what destiny has in store for you...

"The first card tells of the present..." She lays down a card directly in the center of the table. The card shows a skeleton in black armour upon a white horse, bearing a standard with a rose in a black field; it is Death. Seeing the look upon your face she quickly remarks, "This card may not be as dark as it seems, while it is true that the reaper may portent death and fatality, his appearance is more often associated with great changes in your life. At your age this is hardly surprising, you are rapidly approaching the age at which you will be deciding your life's course."

"The next card tells of the past, that which you are leaving behind..." This card she places to the left of Death. It depicts a farmer watching seven pentacles grow upon a tree. "The seven of pentacles, a card that signifies waiting and patience. The farmer here can do nothing to make his crop grow faster, he must wait for the tree to bear fruit, much as you have lived up until now with no choice but to live within this village and wait for opportunity to come."

"This card portends the future..." The next card she places to the right of Death. This card depicts a man hanging upside down by his ankle from a tree. "The hanged man, another card with an undeserved ill reputation. The hanged man hangs from the tree to gain knowledge; in your future you may be required to make great sacrifices, but should you persevere you will be rewarded with illumination."

"The next card is a sign of that which affects the situation..." The card she lays below Death features a woman with a high, ornate hat and long flowing robes. "The High Priestess is a symbol of the supernatural and hidden knowledge. It often portends strange events. As the reason card it implies that strong supernatural events will influence your fate."

"The final card is the result, possibly the most important; a portent of how your destiny may play out... Above Death she lays a card that features an archon with a trumpet above souls of creatures moving upwards. "Your final card is Judgement. Whatever may happen as your destiny plays out, what awaits you will only come when and if you can face everything that has happened and lay your past to rest...

"Child, this is an odd reading indeed. As I said, you have an air of destiny about you and a strong aura. Your future will be interesting indeed...

kirbsys
2009-12-20, 10:04 PM
amanamana
From years past you know that very few of the animals that the caravan brings along are for sale, except for those that are exotic creatures brought as pets. Still, in the mayor's stables on the far side of the square is a menagerie of the various animals that they keep if you would like to look.

LeoMidori
There are several places to buy herbs and the like, anything specific that you're looking for?

Mushroom Ninja
As you're lamenting your lack of nice armour, a man with broad shoulders and well worked arms walks up to you out of the back of one of the pavilions. He turns to you and says, "You're a member of the town-guard? Come look at my wares, we might be able to work something out for you."

OOC: Did you have better armour on your wishlist of items?

Elves-as-People
2009-12-20, 11:17 PM
Shalara places a silver coin and 4 copper on the table, pressing it towards the old woman. "What can you tell me about dreaming about a turtle?"

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-20, 11:17 PM
Pip stares up at the man and smiles. "Yessir, I am, sir," she says, following him, barely able to contain her excitement.

LeoMidori
2009-12-21, 12:09 AM
Ash turned around as the armourer talked to Pip, deciding to stick with her anyway. He leaned over and gave her a quick whisper. "I'll lend you a gold or two if you really need it."

amanamana
2009-12-21, 12:44 AM
"Well, I'll see you guys later. I'm gonna take a look at the animals. Let's go, Red?"
He makes his way to the stables, just for the fun, not thinking of buying anything.

kirbsys
2009-12-21, 06:39 PM
Elves-as-People
"Animals can prophesy a great many things child, turtles are often symbols of love and protection. Perhaps you are aligned with an animal spirit, describe your dream to me."

Mushroom Ninja and LeoMidori
You follow the armourer into the corner of the pavilion to a table that has several different types of armour upon it. He walks behind the table, reaches underneath and comes back up with what looks like an old heavy leather tunic. "It's called Brigadine," he says, "it's small plates sandwiched between two coats of leather. It's not much but I enjoy tooling leather, so if you'll trade me your old armour it's yours for free."

amanamana
You walk through the thick crowds of the market to the stables at the mayor's house. Next to the normal stables a wooden fence has been erected to hold animals. The stables are dark and musty, and the stable boy that cleans them looks unhappy to be stuck inside today. The stalls contain mainly the enormous draft horses that pull the caravan's many wagons. In the back end of the stable, however, are six other horses, three of these are the mayor's riding horses; you know them fairly well. Another is the sheriff's horse, a large black horse. The mayor's personal horse, a deep brown thoroughbred that he takes to the larger cities in the south to race on occasion. In the far stall is a horse you have never seen before, a large white stallion that whinnies loudly at you as you approach.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-22, 12:05 AM
"Well... I'm by the river, and a see a small turtle, and he tells me to follow him, but we never get anywhere before I wake up." Shalara says, looking intently into the old woman's eyes. "If turtles represent love and protection, and we don't arrive anywhere...wouldn't that be bad? she adds, concern clearly painted on her face.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-22, 12:19 AM
"Oh wow, sir, that's amazing! Thank you so much!" says Pip, her eyes growing large as saucers, as she reaches out to touch the brigadine. Her fingers brush its surface for a moment and she snaps to attention.
"I'm gonna run down to the guardhouse and get my old suite right away! I'll be back before ya can blink twice!" she says, beaming, and strides quickly out the pavilion, practically sprinting towards the watch house.

amanamana
2009-12-22, 12:20 AM
Snow looks at the white horse, entranced. He gives Harriet a quick glance and a smile and walks slowly up to the animal. With steady steps, he approaches him, with his hands low and visible, letting the animal see he is friendly.

For a few moments, he just stays there, quietly, reading the animal's reactions. He studies the stallion, watching him breath.

kirbsys
2009-12-22, 12:57 PM
Elves-as-People
"Perhaps child, the reason you do not reach your destination is because you are not ready. Animal spirits may mean many things, but they are rarely signs of woe. I think child, that you may very well have an animal spirit guiding you. If that is the case child, should you see it while waking, follow it; then you will be able to reach where you are meant to go."

Mushroom Ninja
The man laughs as you run off after your salute, a little amused. You get through the crowds to the sheriff's office on the far side of the plaza and head inside. The sheriff, an man of about fifty, lies nodding, nearly napping, in his chair behind the desk. You walk quietly past him into the armoury, where all the weapons and armour of the town guard and militia lie. For the most part they are hand-me-downs or well loved antiques. Though they are all sturdy and serviceable, none have a mirror shine anymore. You head to your locker in the back and remove your old leather armour (and if you'd like your shield and pike) and head out. As you get to the door you hear a voice from behind you, "Pip? What're you doing? I told you, no need for guard duty today. You turn around and see that the sheriff has woken up, and is looking at you with a smile.

amanamana
At first the animal is a bit nervous and won't let you near him, but you soothe him with ease and get up next to him. The stallion's breath goes from nervous to calm as you stand next to him. You can tell that this horse has a lot of power, and he's restless cooped up in the stall. The stable boy sees you and walks over and remarks, "That horse has never let anyone touch him other than the tamer for the caravan, damned near bit my hand off when I tried to feed him earlier."

Elves-as-People
2009-12-22, 01:28 PM
"Thank you very much. I'll be going now. I hope that's enough for a wonderful meal for you," Shalara says, before politely exiting the tent. She then wanders off back into the festival, and upon not seeing the friends she'd been with before, proceeds directly to the food vendors to begin sampling the bounty of the harvest festival in full while keeping an eye out for where her friends have gone.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-22, 10:14 PM
Snapping to attention, Pip salutes the sheriff and says, "Sir! One of the merchants has offered to trade my old armor for a new, more protective suit. With you permission, sir, I wanna take him up on the deal!"

amanamana
2009-12-22, 10:56 PM
"You mean he didn't ate yet?" - Snow asks, nervously.

He then takes some hay and hands slowly to the animal, letting him take it's time.

"Don't you want some, friend?" - Snow's voice is calm and soothing.

kirbsys
2009-12-23, 10:06 PM
Elves-as-People
On your way to see the food vendors you spot Ash standing in an armourer's pavilion, it looks as if he's waiting around at the moment.

Mushroom Ninja
"If you found someone that wants that junk, by all means trade it in." He is still slightly amused by your military attitude, but knows better than to tell you not to salute by now.

amanamana
No, not today. The animal tamer hasn't been by yet. He feeds the exotics first."

The horse is wary at first but comes up and eats voraciously. As soon as he's done he wants more.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-24, 12:11 AM
"Hey Ash, what are you looking at?" Shalara says cheerily, before continuing. "Are we waiting for someone, or can we explore the rest of the festival? The animals on display and the fruits and baked goods for sale are going to be far more fun than looking at metal all day!"

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-24, 12:34 AM
"Thank you sir!" says Pip, saluting and picking up her suite. With another, quick salute, she marches off at the highest speed she can manage while still remaining dignified. Once outside, Pip sprints to the pavilion.

amanamana
2009-12-24, 01:53 AM
"All right. You're hungry, ain't you, friend? Here it is..." - Snow reaches him more hay.

"It's ok, I'm also a horse trainer and stable keeper." - He says to the boy, paying more attention to the horse than anything. Suddenly he remembers about Harriet.

"Oh, Red, it's a wonderful animal, but I'm afraid he won't be friendly to you, as he seems to be war trained. That's why I won't invite you to touch him." - He gives the horse another bunch of hay. - "Do you want to do anything else?" - Pets the horse gently. - "Let me just feed him, poor animal."

Elves-as-People
2009-12-24, 12:22 PM
"Hi Pip! What are you in such a hurry about? Are you getting your armor repaired or something?"

LeoMidori
2009-12-24, 05:39 PM
Ash turned around, somewhat surprised at Shalara returning. "I was just waiting around for Pip; this guy cut her a deal for some new armor, so I was just looking around! What about you?"

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-24, 08:27 PM
Pip tries to answer Shalara's question as she rushes by at full sprint, but between her excitement and speed, she fails to do more than mumble incomprehensibly. She skids to a halt outside the armorer's pavilion, takes a second to catch her breath, and then strides in, beaming.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-25, 10:04 AM
"Well then let's hope she finishes quickly so we can go see the animals and try all the food!" Shalara replies, smiling.

kirbsys
2009-12-26, 02:41 PM
amanamana
She smiles, "Go ahead, I'm going to go look at the other animals outside, meet me out there when you're done, okay?"

Mushroom Ninja
"Let me take a look at that. It's a bit rough around the edges, but with some tooling and some dye, it'll look great. Here's the brigadine that I promised you." He hands you the heavy leather coat, it's lighter than you expected, but much heavier than you're used to.

Where does everyone want to go now?

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-26, 05:08 PM
Pip excitedly dons the armor and rushes out to show her friends.

amanamana
2009-12-27, 01:53 AM
"Sure." - Snow replies with a smile.

The young man looks at the stallion again... and he wonders... thinking of a sunset, years ago.

"Don't I know you from another time?" - He says, gently, as he pets the horse on the forehead.

Elves-as-People
2009-12-27, 02:13 AM
Shalara looks Pip up and down and says, "Well... to be honest I don't think armor looks good on anyone, but that's definitely prettier than your old one. Can we do something fun now? Let's go see the animals!"

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-27, 11:26 PM
Still caught up in the euphoria of her acquisition, Pip smiles and nods mutely to all Shalara says, following wherever she leads.

kirbsys
2009-12-28, 01:56 AM
You too head across the busy town square to visit the animals. As you approach the stables you see Snow's friend leave the stable and start roaming around the open air paddocks that surround it. If you choose to follow her and look at the more exotic animals you see a smaller selection than you're used to, but still animals that you've never seen elsewhere. In addition to the regular livestock that they bring, there are enormous exotic cats and odd riding animals.

amanamana
The horse calms even more and lays it's head against you. The stable boy is visibly stunned.

amanamana
2009-12-28, 01:43 PM
"How long have you been alone?" - Snow asks, deeply touched - "What happened to her?" - His voice is calm and comforting.

"I want to help you..." - Suddenly, without even noticing, he says the last word in Celestial - "... friend."

Elves-as-People
2009-12-30, 12:48 AM
Shalara opens her eyes and ears as wide as she can while slowly walking amongst the animals, searching for one she's never encountered before.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-12-30, 12:54 AM
Pip tags along with Shalara, but is more interested in her new armor than the animals as she walks along, testing its flexibility.

kirbsys
2009-12-31, 03:26 PM
amanamana
As you're standing with your head against the horse you hear a rather angry voice from behind you, What are you doing with my stallion? And you, I told you to keep the peasants away from him. He's worth more than we pay you in a year." You turn to see a man wearing a fairly stupid animal master outfit complete with claws and bones from exotic animals and a whip at his side. The stable boy cowers to the side.

Elves-as-People
You see many animals, most of which you have seen here before, but never elsewhere. As you walk along you think at first that you are having another vision, but then realize that there are several turtles in a water habitat. They aren't nearly so large as the one from your dreams, nor as noble. They swim awkwardly in an artificial pond that has been created for them.

Mushroom Ninja
The armor is stiffer and heavier than your leather armor, and slows you down a bit, but it also feels much more solid.

amanamana
2010-01-02, 05:27 PM
"Well, sir, I'm feeding him. This horse was not eating anything before I came here. It's not as if the boy didn't wanted to... he was just unable to, as this is a warhorse." - He tries to show he is trustworthy - "I'm not thinking of stealing this animal. I'm one of the town's stable keepers. I came here to check on the animals and saw that the horse was not eating. The boy here helped me feed him."

Snow looks at the animal and back at the man.
"I don't want to meddle in your affairs, but I remember this horse. It came to this town already... would you mind telling me whom he belonged to?

Elves-as-People
2010-01-04, 04:44 PM
Shalara sits in front of the turtle's pond and observes them, quietly.

kirbsys
2010-01-07, 12:10 AM
amanamana

He calms slightly and replies, Not entirely sure. I wasn't in charge back when we got him, the old animal master died four months ago on our way to the Westmarch. I think that it was some woman. I'm surprised he let you anywhere near him, I've seen Frost kick men through walls.

Unless anyone has any objections I'm going to have the sun go down soon, so anything else you want to do, do it quickly.

amanamana
2010-01-07, 01:58 AM
"Frost?" - He pauses for a while. Looks at the horse. Looks at the man. Gives a light chuckle. - "Frost, uh?" - Nods - "I'm sorry, sir. I failed to introduce myself. My name is Joshua, but the townsfolk calls me Snow." - He says that with a genuine smile.

"Isn't that something?" - He says, amused.

"Well, you said the old animal master died recently? That's a shame. By any chance, is there someone here who was friends with him? Someone who he might have talked about this animal? Because I have the feeling that this animal has a wonderful history."

He wonders for a while.
"In matter of fact, I know someone who may recognize you, Frost." - He says, looking at the horse.

Snow waits for the man to answer him. Either way, he pets the horse a last time and says:
"I'll be right back, friend. I need to talk to someone."

He leaves the stables in a rush, directly to see his father.

Elves-as-People
2010-01-07, 11:28 PM
After spending some time quietly observing the turtles, Shalara stands up and heads over to the food booths. I hope I still have time to try everything. she says, looking at the selection greedily.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-01-10, 11:15 PM
Pip flits around from place to place in the festival soaking in the gaiety without paying too much attention to any one thing, content to idle the day away in the euphoria from her acquisition.

kirbsys
2010-01-11, 10:21 PM
amanamana

"Hmm... well one of the old stable boys is my apprentice now, I could ask him for you. Come find me when you get back and you can ask him.

You head into your house, making note of the fact that the sun is getting lower in the sky, not quite dusk, but almost. Your father has taken out his old weapons and is polishing them in the front room, the others are not home, presumably they're out at the faire. Your father notices you enter and says, "I've got a feeling in my bones son, probably nothing to worry about, but it feels like winter is coming early this year, and I just can't quite shake it."

Elves-as-People
As you leave the turtles you take one last side-long glance and notice a much larger, almost spectral turtle in the tank. By the time you go back for a second look however, it is gone. Shaking off the odd vision, you head to get food. There are a million and one different baked goods, and there's no possible way to try everything, but so many different merchants are willing to hand out samples that you get plenty. There's everything from warm pies and pastries to cold ciders and candied fruits and nuts.

amanamana
2010-01-12, 02:04 AM
"Funny thing you said that, dad. I woke up with a strange feeling... something eerie. I can't quite understand it..." - He stays quiet for a while, soaking in that sentiment.

"Well, dad, I came here for a reason... do you remember that woman you talked about some years ago? The one with golden hair you said was capable of amazing deeds? She passed through the town during the festival when I was younger. Well, I think her horse is here. It's a white destrier and, if I recall correctly, the one she rode out of here then. It's a wonderful animal... I am almost sure it's the same one." - He says, getting excited.

But then he looks at his father's frown. All the weapons laying there... he gets that wrenching sensation in his guts again. He is being careless. He is not trusting his instincts.

"Something's wrong, ain't it, dad?"

He looks in his father's eyes for a couple of seconds. With deference, he leaves the room and go get his gear. After a few minutes, he returns wearing his studded leather armor and his large wooden shield on his back. The two javelins also on his back. The morningstar on his belt and the battleaxe in his hand.

"I'll walk around a bit. See if I find anything wrong going on. If nothing seems odd at the festival, maybe it's time to do some scouting around the town." - He wonders for a while - "I was talking earlier with that guard, the short girl, maybe she can help me."

He waits for any response or suggestion by his father, then goes back to the stables, to meet with the animal master. But he goes carefully and slowly, looking around for anything odd. He tries to get that feeling again and to understand it. Snow is also looking for Pip, or any other known member of the city guard or the militia. If he sees any of his family members, he'll go talk to them immediately.

Elves-as-People
2010-01-12, 01:27 PM
After filling herself to her limit and then some on free samples, Shalara goes back to purchase some of the best candied fruits and nuts. "I'll take a silver's worth, please."

After the transaction, she says good bye to everyone she sees on her way back to sleep off her indulgence.

kirbsys
2010-01-13, 01:32 AM
amanamana

"Enjoy yourself son, don't be too worried. It's probably just an old man's superstitions." Despite his words you can tell that he doesn't believe what he's saying. About the horse he says, "Certainly possible son, especially if she traveled with the caravan for any measure of time. I didn't know the horse too well though. Someone in the caravan would probably know better than I."

As you're walking around you quickly find Pip in her new armour wandering slightly, still admiring the leather jack-of-plate that she's wearing.

Elves-as-People
You grab your food and are munching happily when you see Snow and Pip, Snow is heading towards her, and while she is blissful and distracted, he is now carrying his weapons and armour and looks slightly worried.

LeoMidori
Ash, what are you up to?

Elves-as-People
2010-01-13, 02:42 AM
Shalara meanders up to Snow. "Hi! Have you been enjoying the festival?" she asks, before lowering her voice and continuing "Snow, you look worried... and armed...and there isn't a tournament today... is there something dangerous around? Should I come along in case you get hurt? I had no idea I could eat this much, so don't expect me to run anywhere, but if there's trouble you could probably use a healer, right?"

Mushroom Ninja
2010-01-13, 07:22 PM
Hearing her friend's voice, Pip snaps out of her reverie and looks around. "Oh hi Shalara, Snow, and weapons... Weapons?" She raises a curious eyebrow.

amanamana
2010-01-14, 01:10 AM
"Hey, girls." - His previous excitement seems almost lost.

"Yeah..." - He looks to himself, the axe in his hand. - "... something is odd. I don't know how to say this... you would probably think I'm going crazy... like my brother did earlier today."

He pauses for a while. Breathes heavily.
"The thing is..." - He looks in their eyes for a couple of seconds each. You can see he's being earnest - "I woke up with a strange feeling today. Something eerie in the air. Something wrong. I can't quite understand it, but I know there is something about to happen."

"You see... I've already had this kind of feeling before. It's an awful sense of dread. The kind of feeling... that I get... well... that sometimes I get from... the marshes to the north. You know... usually this preceded some of the attacks by the undead." - He stops for a while to look in their eyes again. You can see he is almost expecting to be laughed at. - "But it's different this time... maybe worse. I don't know. It's not always right, you know?"

"I thought I was being ridiculous. Presumptuous. How could I know something like this. But then I just went home to talk with my dad about something else. And he was there... with all his weapons around him... worried. The old man is a soldier. He went through some bad and weird stuff. He spent a couple of decades in wars... and in this town militia well over the time he ought to. All this and is still alive, in one big piece." - He looks at them, serious - "And anyone who fought beside him knows that this is not a result of cowardice. He is a smart man. A warrior. He can sense trouble in the air."

"Something is wrong... I know the people in town won't listen to me... so I'm going to find my family and tell them to be ready for trouble. I'm going to find Harriet and tell her to talk to her family and be ready."

"And I'm going to be ready if anything happens. To help the people around and to fight for the town, if it's needed of me." - He looks around for a few seconds and sighs - "I just hope I'm wrong about this."

Mushroom Ninja
2010-01-14, 11:35 PM
Pip's bright face darkens and she begins to look around worriedly. "You sure Snow? Well, that's... hmmm..." she says, toying with a lock of hair for a moment before suddenly brightening again "I'll go get my pike! I've been wanting to test it with this new armor anyway. Also, I'll mention this to the sheriff! He's sure to know what to do!"

Without another word, Pip dashes off once again for the guardhouse.

kirbsys
2010-01-14, 11:42 PM
As you come running into the guard tower the sheriff looks up at you once again from his desk, "What's wrong Pip?" He asks jokingly, "New armour to heavy for you?" He seems to catch that there's something legitimately wrong because he then asks, "Is there a problem Pip?" With no trace of the jest he had before.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-01-14, 11:51 PM
"Sir!" says Pip with a salute. Catching her breath she continues, "Snow told me that his dad thinks something ain't right. Says he couldn't put his finger on what it was, but he felt it too -- sorta like, you know one of them... premonition things. I'm not sure if they're on to anything, sir, but I thought you would want to know. Also I was gonna grab my pike... just in case"

amanamana
2010-01-15, 12:07 AM
Snow is still going to do the rest of the things described early.

He goes to the stables, looking for his family and Harriet on the way. If he arrives there without seeing anyone else, he'll talk to the animal master and his apprentice fast and return to the search for those people.

If Shalara decides to walk with him, he'll be open to answer any questions, but is clearly worried.

kirbsys
2010-01-15, 12:50 AM
Mushroom Ninja
"Normally I'd say it was nothing and let the caravan guards worry about it, but any man who'd ignore Angus needs to have his head examined. That man fought as many battles in the Winter as half the knights in the Westmarch, and if he'd have taken it I'd have let him have the badge when it was offered to me. He looks upset for a moment then goes with you into the back and puts on his armour; a long chain hauberk cinched at the waist with a thick leather belt. He picks up his morning star and shield as well, then hands you your pike. "I'd tell you to try and enjoy yourself, but you seem set on helping us. You're a good kid Pip, your brother'd be proud of you. Find Snow and stick with him, he's got a good head on his shoulders. I'll go talk to the caravan guards, hopefully they won't think I'm crazy..."

amanamana
You return to the stables fairly quickly and find the animal master easily, but to your disappointment you see neither your family members nor Harriet on your way. He is boastfully showing a small crowd a rare wild cat. He looks rather annoyed that you're interrupting him and quickly points out a large man who is teaching a younger boy to tether a horse to a caravan wagon correctly. He sees you walking over and says, "You must be the boy Lusvid mentioned. What did you want to know about Frost?"

amanamana
2010-01-15, 01:51 AM
"Well..." - Snow seems to be with his mind elsewhere, but he's really trying to appreciate this - "...The thing is: when I set my eyes on Frost, I remembered of a day, years ago. I'm pretty sure he belonged to a golden-haired woman that came to this town when I was younger. I've heard great stories about her... anyway... I've noticed that he feels uneasy. When I came to the stables, he was hungry, but wouldn't accept food from the stable boy... and he recognized me. I don't know how or why... but he did. So..." - He's trying to be direct, but his mind is rushing right now - "...I just want to know who he belonged to... how did he came to be in this caravan... because it is pretty obvious he was somebody else's."

kirbsys
2010-01-16, 08:33 PM
"You're right, it was that woman's horse. God's damn it, I can't think of her name right now. They said she was a paladin or cleric, some sort of holy warrior or something. She stayed with the caravan for a little while, came from down south, then left little while after we left the town. This was two maybe three winters back I think. Anyways, she comes up to the animal master one day and says she wants him to take Frost for her. Couldn't see why until we saw the new horse. Now Frost is one of the best destriers I've ever seen, but even he couldn't hold a candle to this one. Taller and stronger than any horse I've ever seen, and hair so white and pure you'd swear the horse was a celestial. Never mentioned where she'd gotten it, and I new better than to ask. She left about a week later, whatever she'd wanted, she got it.

amanamana
2010-01-16, 10:36 PM
"Wow... this is amazing." - He thinks for a few seconds about what he just heard - "I don't really know what is the difference between a Paladin and a Cleric... but I've also heard she was a holy warrior and a healer... my father told me about her..."

He changes the battleaxe's hand and rubs the back of his neck with his right hand.
"I never knew her name... he told me an alias. It was something like 'Holy Fire'... or 'Gold something'... or another color. I don't know... it was years ago."

"But that is awesome. So he belonged to a holy warrior. Very cool."

"Well..." - He takes a sober semblance -"... in another subject. I don't mean to startle you guys or anything... but there is something strange on the air. Call it a hunch, if you will, but it wouldn't cost you anything to be a little alert this night... I hope I'm wrong about it, but I have a strange feeling about it."

"We are going to take a look around now. Could I say good night to Frost?"

If he don't see a problem with it, Snow will go into the stables. He comes near the stallion and gently hugs his neck, petting his forehead. He then whispers very softly to the horse.
[Celestial]"So we are not strangers, after all. I don't know how you remember me, or why, but I'll not forget you, friend. Good night."

He rubs the horse's neck and leaves. Out there, he starts looking for his family and Harriet. He will ask the townsfolk, if needed. He seems a little calmer than before, but as much focused.

LeoMidori
2010-01-17, 12:46 AM
Having partied with a number of girls in the streets, Ash had been playing his heart out on his flute, but he had noticed he'd been separated from his friends for a while now... looking around for them he got into a light jog when he remembered them saying something about checking out animals: who could blame them really? He had seen a psudodragon taken to the fair one year, although it was far outside the price range of anyone in the town... maybe the entire town's money put together.

He smiled, waving his hand as he noticed them, running forwards but then slowing and dampening as he noticed Pip and Snow armed. "Hey guys, what's happening? Is there a reason you're carrying weapons in the middle of a festival?" he asked, holding his walking stick against his front, holding it a little firmer. "There's something wrong, isn't there? You all look worried. Should we maybe be going back to the Brightbrook?"

Mushroom Ninja
2010-01-17, 04:26 PM
Grabbing her Dwarven Warpike and shield, Pip dashes out the door and begins to search the streets for Snow.

kirbsys
2010-01-18, 12:57 PM
amanamana
He gives you a queer look for a second, and then says, "I don't know why, but I believe you. I'm not sure anyone will listen to me, but I'll mention it, and I'll certainly be on my guard. 'Course you can go have a look at Frost before you leave. Best of luck finding out more about that woman.

The horse is happy to see you again, and looks almost sad when you leave. You walk out the door, determined to find your family, but before you get very far you run into both Pip and Ash.

Elves-as-People
OOC: Are you still with Snow? If not what are you doing right now?

Elves-as-People
2010-01-18, 05:30 PM
"Ugh... Snow, do we really need to be running around everywhere like this? I want to help out, but I'm so tired..."

amanamana
2010-01-18, 06:26 PM
Snow is going to answer Shalara's question when he sees the other two coming.
"Well, guys, I know I'm acting a little quirky for the past hours, but I have that feeling something is wrong. I told you this already, but Ash was not with us." - He looks at him - "The thing is, Ash, I was feeling upset all day, but I thought I was probably nuts... but then I find my dad, all worried, readying his weapons at home... he was also worried something was wrong this night... and he usually is right about this stuff."

"I just want to find my family and tell them to be careful and ready. Then I'll go look around. I already experienced something alike before some of the attacks from the marshes up north."

"Of course I would appreciate any help from you guys. By Pip's look now, I can see I can count on her. Shalara too..." - He looks around for a while, worried - "If you can help us, I'll be glad. But first..." - He gives them an earnest look - "...I urge you to go talk to your families and loved ones. See if they are ok and safe. Then we can go deeper into this."

Mushroom Ninja
2010-01-19, 06:24 PM
"Good idea Snow, says Pip, "I'm gonna' go check with my parents back at the farm; they should be getting ready to come in to town just about now. I'll see ya soon!" She begins to walk off in the direction of her family's farm, hoping to meet with her parents before dark.

kirbsys
2010-01-20, 11:38 PM
amanamana
You walk briskly through the crowds, gently pushing people out of the way until you meet up with your older brother. He seems to be vaugely annoyed when you interrupt him, though that probably has something to do with the rather attractive girl he is talking to. You don't recognize her from town, meaning that she is most likely here with the traders. Once you explain, however, his tone changes. Over the years he has come to trust your intuition more and more. After you finish saying what you have to say he responds, "Well Snow, I've got my blade, as always, and I'll keep my eyes open for you. There may be a slight problem though... Harriet told me that she was going out to the clearing in the wood on the west side of town and to send you there if I saw you... If what you say is true, she shouldn't be in the woods alone."

Mushroom Ninja
You arrive at the farm house just as dusk arrives. You are a short walk from the carnival, far enough that you can no longer see it, but not so far that you cannot hear the festivities still going on. As you enter the farmhouse your parents seems to be preparing to go out. After dark there are several bonfire bardics and other spectacles to be seen, and it would seem that they're interested in watching. You get an odd look from your father when he sees your new armor and your weapon in hand, "You're not working today, are you Pip?"

Elves-as-People, LeoMidori
What're you two doing as the others go off to find their families?

amanamana
2010-01-21, 01:38 AM
"Aw crap..." - He says, out loud.

"Would you give the warning to mom and the others?"

He comes closer to his brother's ears and whispers.
"Take your time... just don't take too long."

"Well, anyway... if there is something wrong, being in town is probably the best. There may be safety in the numbers."

"I gotta go now."

He runs to the woods.

Elves-as-People
2010-01-22, 12:47 AM
"Ok..." Shalara goes home with only slightly heightened use of energy, her fatigue and fullness obvious. She walks into the door, and closing it behind herself, sets her cloak aside, looking for her adoptive parents. "Hello!"

kirbsys
2010-01-24, 01:19 PM
amanamana

You run the distance to the woods outside of town. You curse your bad luck; thinking sadly that normally this would be exciting. The clearing is about thirty feet around and Harriet sits in the center, shivering slightly and look about expectantly. Her face lights up when she sees you.

Elves-as-People
Your parents look up from what they were doing around the house surprised to see you home. Your father looks at you slightly concerned, "Something wrong Shalara? Normally you stay out until far past now when the festival comes.

amanamana
2010-01-24, 02:51 PM
The young man approaches her, nervously.

"Oh, Red. You shouldn't be here. I'm sorry I left you there, but I don't thinks the woods are safe." - He stops to catch his breath - "Remember what I told you... about that strange feeling I had? I felt that before... prior to some attacks from the marshes... the undead..."

"Maybe I'm wrong... I'm probably wrong... but my dad felt the same. I don't think it's wise to be here."

He comes closer.
"Come on... let's go back to town." - He lends her a hand and help her stand up.

Elves-as-People
2010-01-24, 10:03 PM
Shalara stretches and yawns with lazily narrowed eyes that suggests the automatic nature of these motions before stating the obvious, "I'm more tired that I usually am this year." She rubs her stomach and straightens out her clothes as she proceeds, "But Snow says he and his father have a bad feeling."
Another yawn interrupts her speech before her expression becomes more concerned, and she continues, "Snow thinks something bad is about to happen and wants Pip to come with him, so I suggested, because mom showed me how to make the goodberries, I could come along and maybe help out if they got hurt." She finishes with another yawn, which she seems to partially swallow, then looks between her parents with eyes that show plainly a mixture of fatigue and anxiety hoping for guidance from elders.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-01-28, 08:02 PM
"Not really Pa, the sheriff said I could have the day off to spend at the fair and all, it's just... some folks are worried -- Snow and his dad got a bad feeling like, you know, something's gonna happen... I just figured I'd come here and check on you and Ma... just in case," says Pip.