PDA

View Full Version : TES Races-Argonian(3.5,PEACH)

Volthawk
2009-12-13, 09:51 AM
This is my first attempt at homebrew, and I am trying to make the races from the TES series into D&D, starting with the Argonian. I'm not too sure on how to do some things though.

Argonians

Medium: As Medium creatures, Argonians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Aquatic: Argonians have all the general aquatic racial traits (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/environmentalRacialVariants.htm#aquaticRaces).

Amphibious: Argonians can also breathe air.

Immunity to poison: Argonians are immune to poison.

Disease Resistance: An Argonian has a +4 bonus to saves against disease.

Base Land Speed: 30 feet

Base Swim Speed: 20 feet

Attributes: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma

Racial Bonuses: +2 on Open Lock checks, +1 to caster level when casting Illusion and Divination spells.

Velvet Pillow
2009-12-14, 10:15 PM
I'll see if I can make some suggestions, but I'm no expert on... well... anything homebrew related, really.

First off, I'd eliminate the different gender bonuses, first off. And I'd also try to tweak the racial bonuses around so that they aren't a set in stone copy of Oblivion's. Also, racial attribute boosts should always be even numbers. I suggest maybe something like this...

+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.

With this, we display the Argonian's aptitude with guile and stealth. Since they have enhanced athletics and they're master swimmers, I added the Strength stat. The Strength boost also aids by giving the hand to hand and blade boosts more sense. On the other hand, Argonians are frequently seen as rash or simple, hence the wis penalty. This also keys into the lack of willpower. Also, Argonians are frequently frowned upon, case in point: Leyawinn. Everybody seems to hate the Argonians there. This, keyed in with an Argonian's somewhat lacking social stature is the reasoning behind the charisma penalty.

Also, very important here. You need flavour, man. Like, desperately. You know what Argonians are. I know what Argonians are. But what you need is to share this with people that don't know. Let them understand what this race is. I bet you'd get more help that way, too.

Temotei
2009-12-14, 10:25 PM
I hate argonians. Stupid things. I was like sweet...they suck. Wow. I"m going to play a breton. :smallamused:

mr.fizzypop
2009-12-14, 10:35 PM
I hate argonians. Stupid things. I was like sweet...they suck. Wow. I"m going to play a breton. :smallamused:

What are you talking about? They're the best race and not to mention they have the best accent ever. Also bretons are ugly.

I agree you should get rid of the gender differences. The males seem to be much better than the females. Also maybe to represent their natural athletics give them the run feat. Maybe also a weak natural attack for their claws.

Temotei
2009-12-15, 01:35 AM
What are you talking about? They're the best race and not to mention they have the best accent ever. Also bretons are ugly.

I agree you should get rid of the gender differences. The males seem to be much better than the females. Also maybe to represent their natural athletics give them the run feat. Maybe also a weak natural attack for their claws.

I'm talking Oblivion. They're absolutely awful in that game (well, as much as race can affect a character...which is to say, a fair bit. Other races are simply better.). I'm not sure about the other games in the series, though.

Volthawk
2009-12-15, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the help so far. Temotei221, I'm going to make Bretons too ( working my way through the races).

Oh, and anyone know what Mysticism translates to? I'm thinking Divination.