PDA

View Full Version : Burning Plague

Mangles
2009-12-13, 04:59 PM
"Welcome to Duvik's Pass. You must be the adventurers I inquired about." Last week you all received a letter from a Merchant named Doverspeak asking you to search for his missing son. He stands before you trying to be polite. Suddenly he bursts out "Please you must find my son, he went into the mines trying to make me proud, but there is a curse on this town and sickness follows us all around. I'm afraid he might have succumb. Please you must find him. I will pay as well as I can."

You are all in the town of Duvik's Pass a small village mostly full of miners who work to the east. This place seems glum and hollow and the people are joyless. Half of the houses in this town are empty and boarded up. The party heads east up into the mountains to find the mines.

A cool breeze drifts down from the towering peaks of the surrounding Mountains as you behold the entrance to the mines. The frost-rimed ground is littered with tools, picks and shovels, some of which protrude from soft banks of snow. A single darkened shaft leads into the depths of the mine ahead. The dirt path beneath its wooden support structure is covered with stone debris, a few pieces of which occasionally glint with the slightest hint of ore. No light issues forth from the tunnel. Burnt-out torches are strewn across the floor, their brackets torn from the shaft walls. Aside from the quiet whistling of the wind, complete silence fills the small clearing within the mountains.

mickeysofine
2009-12-13, 05:24 PM
I pick up and old burnt out torch and cast light on it.

Mangles
2009-12-13, 05:53 PM
The mineshaft heads north into the mountain and slants downward at a gradual incline. Its 15 feet wide and 10 feet tall. The tunnel is too deep for your light to reach the end.

Scoot
2009-12-13, 07:26 PM
"Wow, I can't believe I'm actually getting paid for something" I mutter under my breath, "I'd better be thorough".
I then proceed to search the immediate area around the opening of the shaft for anything of interest.

Roll:
[roll0]
Search

Saintjebus
2009-12-13, 08:57 PM
You look like you need some light, Oiseau

I cast Dancing Lights in it's 4 torches form. One I set to assist Oiseau in his search, the other three I send 50 feet down the tunnel in a 10ft spaced line; 10 ft between each light, so the first light is at 40 ft, second light is at 50 ft, and third light is at 60 ft.

Dancing Lights (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dancingLights.htm)

kirbsys
2009-12-13, 09:16 PM
Toron checks his gear, making sure that everything is packed in well so that nothing will fall off during combat. He then draws his blade, keeping it at the ready and observes the others' actions, keeping an eye on the tunnel to be prepared should anything emerge.

Mangles
2009-12-13, 09:43 PM
Thanks to the dancing lights you can all see a doorway In the distance.

@ Oiseau:
In the imediate area you can see signs of a recent fight, but there are no bodies to be seen.

mickeysofine
2009-12-13, 09:47 PM
i declare onwards into the cave, my dear fellows. and move at walking pace (30ft) down the corridor lighting the corridor ahead of me with my torch.
+ draw crossbow (preloaded)

kirbsys
2009-12-13, 10:05 PM
Toron hefts his shield in front of him and moves along side next to the sorcerer (assuming he's willing to slow down a bit, my armour encumbers me to 20ft per round) at a walking pace, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Eyes sharp, I don't like this place in the least, and the last thing we want is for our spell-slinger to go down right off the bat, especially without a healer.

As we descend into the tunnel Toron casts detect evil as a standard action.

mickeysofine
2009-12-13, 10:09 PM
Aladdin, my eccentric sorcerer slows his pace and regroups with Toron and says "meat shield, you do love me!". and casts shield on him and walks 5ft behind him

Scoot
2009-12-13, 10:16 PM
"Thanks for the help Colin, it looks like there's been some fighting going on here. I'd tell you all to be careful, but by the looks of those weapons, I don't think it's necissary"

I then procede to ready my bow, and follow the party, trying to stay towards the back.

ColonelFuster
2009-12-13, 10:47 PM
Dave looks distastefully at the dark tunnel, but settles down a bit when light is cast. He trots up to the front of the party and draws his rapier. He speaks with a slight scottish accent, though he tries to hide it.

"Well, this is a fine bit of adventure. If we come to a door, let me search it for traps. This whole thing might have been caused by goblinfolk."

mickeysofine
2009-12-13, 10:50 PM
but what about the curse and the sickness? i think there could be something else, more sinister behind that. Aladdin says

kirbsys
2009-12-13, 11:54 PM
The savage races are easily swayed by those who wield even a modicum of power, it could easily be both the work of goblins and some fouler servant of evil.

Mangles
2009-12-13, 11:55 PM
After travelling for a short while the party come to a wooden doorway. Its hinges slightly rusted and on this side of the door allowing it to swing towards the group.

Saintjebus
2009-12-14, 12:17 AM
No problem, Oiseau.

I walk down the corrider with the rest of the party, staying slightly in front of Oiseau. As I walk, I gather the rest of my dancing lights into a rotating circle around my body.

We won't know anything until we get further in.

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 12:54 AM
i walk in through the door first casting resistance and ask for the rest of the party to follow.
c'mon guys last one in's a dragon's egg

Mangles
2009-12-14, 02:27 AM
The tunnel opens into a small, roughly rectangular chamber. Scattered chunks of silver ore surround an overturned pair of wooden carts. The lower half of what appears to be a human body juts out from beneath one of the cart’s edges. It shows no signs of movement. Dried blood is smeared across the northern wall in several places. There are two corridors one leading to the west with a door at the end and a long tunnel heading east. The dancing lights are still with you (30 seconds since casting), easily lighting the entirety of this room.

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 02:41 AM
IT'S A TRAP! THE SILVER IS EVIL, someone else touch it...

i begin listening and looking about for anything of interest with my torch with light casted upon it

kirbsys
2009-12-14, 02:43 AM
"We ought to let the rogue check doors before we move through them," Toron says to Aladdin, "evil creatures are full of treachery."

Toron then looks over at Colin, "Can I get one of those flames over here?" he inquires, moving towards the corpse. Toron moves slowly towards the body, sword at the ready. Assuming no signs of movement, he tries to move the cart off of the body to investigate further.

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 02:47 AM
remember these mines have been built by good hardworking humans, so we can assume anything like doors probably won't be trapped and the traps will be more like alerting traps rather than the lathal kind i say pointedly

what hallway do we want to go down?

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 04:27 AM
i go to the northern wall and examine the blood on the wall, trying to determine what races it is.

Mangles
2009-12-14, 08:49 AM
Examining the blood stain does not show which race it is from. It is too old to tell anything from.

Saintjebus
2009-12-14, 09:58 AM
Here you go Toron. It won't last much longer, though.

I send one light over to assist him.

I go over the the northern wall and assist Alladin in examining the blood.

Can the blood tell you anything?

ColonelFuster
2009-12-14, 01:04 PM
Dave searches both doors to see if anything, natural or unnatural, will be triggered by opening one of them.

(Taking ten on both, for a total of 16. No reason to be overly suspicious.)

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 03:06 PM
no it's too old to tell what race it is from... but whenever this happened it happened a while ago, whatever did it has probably moved deeper into the cave. we should be careful.

Saintjebus
2009-12-14, 03:24 PM
Agreed. Careful is good.

Mangles
2009-12-14, 04:30 PM
There are no traps on either of the doors but as the cart is moved a thunderstone falls from the ceiling above. As it strikes the ground it lets out a deafening blast.

Everyone please roll a fort save.

AssassinKing
2009-12-14, 05:15 PM
I'm gonna stick with Dave.
[roll0]

Scoot
2009-12-14, 06:05 PM
"Is.. Is that a man? Disgusting"

I'm going to cover our backs, staying as near to the beginning to the chamber as possible, while still following the party once they move.

Also stearing clear of the body.

Roll:
[roll0]
Fort

kirbsys
2009-12-14, 06:49 PM
Fort Save
[roll0]

ColonelFuster
2009-12-14, 06:51 PM
"Boggin baw bag!" Dave shouts, his hands hovering near his ears.

Fort Save [roll0]

Saintjebus
2009-12-14, 08:31 PM
1d20

Fort save

Saintjebus
2009-12-14, 09:13 PM
[roll0]

Fort save

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 10:25 PM
[roll0] [roll0]

~~fort save

whatever's here knows where here now.

Mangles
2009-12-15, 12:00 AM
As the sound envelopes the group nothing can be heard bar a constant ringing. Dr. Tran and Oiseau quickly recover, however the rest of the group is struck deaf.

@Dr Tran as the sound washes over you it only seems to heighten your sense. You hear among the booming the sound of scraping and thumps beyond the wooden door to the west. You also hear a large metallic thunk to the east.

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 01:36 AM
what happened?! Aladdin yells, raising his voice over the ringing in his ears. Are there any signs of an enemy?

i look about to see anything unusual while walking towards Dr Tran.

Saintjebus
2009-12-15, 01:51 AM
I look around, trying to figure out what happened. I see lips moving, but all I hear is ringing in my ears. I look around for Oiseau to see if he needs help.

WHAT WAS THAT?!

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 02:54 AM
WOULD YOU REPEAT THAT, MY FINE SIR?

Scoot
2009-12-15, 08:48 AM
"Oh dear oh dear oh dear. ... CAN ANYONE STILL HEAR ME?" I desperatly shout to the party.

I then begin to nervously step backwards, nearly pressing myself against the back wall, still keeping my bow drawn. "This can not be good ..."

kirbsys
2009-12-15, 09:47 AM
Toron also moves his back to the wall and says 'to himself,' "I need to start taking my own advice... though it comes out a rather loud shout. He then turns to the party, "My apologies, that was a rather obvious trap!!! It won't.... I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF! He starts rubbing his palm against his ears and shaking his head.

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 09:51 AM
i motion for the party to follow up behind Oiseau.
LET'S KEEP GOING WE'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING MORE HERE!

Saintjebus
2009-12-15, 10:08 AM
I see aladdin motioning to follow Oiseau. I fall in behind Oiseau.

I'M FINE WITH GOING FORWARD, BUT MY SPELLS WILL SUFFER IF I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF CAST THEM.

kirbsys
2009-12-15, 12:12 PM
Toron, still cursing himself for falling for such an obvious trap, moves up next to Oiseau, sword and shield at the ready.

AssassinKing
2009-12-15, 05:12 PM
Dr Tran points at both doors so everyone know what he is talking about if everyone else can't hear him.
I hear something from both doors!

Scoot
2009-12-15, 06:20 PM
"Do you care to elaborate on these noises, Dr.Tran? I don't feel safe moving in this condition, and if you think something's out there, we need to prepare outselves."

Also, seeing the casters start to pile behind me, I step forward slightly to allow more room. I then procede to ready an arrow, I don't want to be caught unprepared here, I can't fail yet :smallmad:

AssassinKing
2009-12-15, 06:25 PM
I hear a booming sound, scraping, and thumps beyond the wooden door to the west. I also hear a large metallic thunk to the east.

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 06:50 PM
i draw my crossbow, and ready an action to shoot as soon as the door is opened.

Scoot
2009-12-15, 06:54 PM
"Scraping and thumps eh? Like someone dragging their feet? That can't be good" I raise my bow to the western door, tugging slightly on the bowstring, "Would you like to open it now or wait and see?"

[I ready an action to shoot my Longbow as soon as something comes out of that door]

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 06:56 PM
OPEN THE DOOR I WANT TO INTRODUCE THEM TO MY CROSSBOW!

alladin casts shield on himself

[roll0]---spell fail chance -20%

ARGH!

Saintjebus
2009-12-15, 07:02 PM
I hide behind the cart and prepare to cast Color spray. Not readying an action, but that's the spell I'm planning on casting.

[roll0]

based on the roll, this should be 19, becuase size modifier is +4 and not +1.

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 09:08 PM
WAIT I JUST THOUGHT, COULD THE SCRAPES BE CLAWED FEET? WHILE THE THUMPS COULD BE THE SETTING UP OF FORTIFICATION? Aladdin yells,QUICK OPEN THE DOOR SO THEY CANNOT COMPLETE THEIR FORTIFICATIONS BEFORE WE STRIKE! jumping to conclusions....

i cast shield on myself.
[roll0]arcane spell failure chance---20%

and motion towards opening the door...

ColonelFuster
2009-12-15, 09:30 PM
"OCH! WHAT'RE WE DOIN?" Dave shouts, looking about at the rest of the party. "THERE'S SOMETHING BEHIND THE DOOR, YE SAY? OCH AYE!" Dave trots up to the door and flings it open, one finger in his ear.

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 09:32 PM
FOLLOW SUIT! I proceed to the doorway, behind Dave.

Saintjebus
2009-12-15, 10:30 PM
As I peek out from my hiding spot, I see the rest of the party heading out the door.

Oh! Are we going? Wait for me!!!

I jump out of hiding and take up the rear. I am slinking down, trying to hide behind whoever happens to be in front of me.

Mangles
2009-12-16, 12:05 AM
This large, square room houses four long wooden tables, each with a bench on either side. On top of the tables lie a number of wooden bowls and
eating utensils. In the southeast corner of the room, a small stewpot steams over a fireplace carved into the floor. A pungent odor hangs in the air.

One of the tables has been flipped over and is being used as a barricade at the far end of the room (half cover). 3 of the kobolds stand behind the barricade and open fire at Dave with crossbows. The forth charging him with a spear.

Kobold 1 Crossbow [roll0] for [roll1]
Kobold 2 Crossbow [roll2] for [roll3]
Kobold 3 Crossbow [roll4] for [roll5]

Kobold 4 Spear Charge [roll6] for [roll7]

Mangles
2009-12-16, 12:06 AM
Kobold 2's bolt explodes in his face hurting him and his mates. Kobold 4 stumbles during his charge and falls prone at the doorway.

Saintjebus
2009-12-16, 12:10 AM
[roll0]

This message was too short

mickeysofine
2009-12-16, 04:46 AM
[roll0]~initiative

Mangles
2009-12-16, 08:43 AM
Kobold 1 Crossbow [roll0]
Kobold 2 Crossbow [roll1]
Kobold 3 Crossbow [roll2]
Kobold 4 Spear [roll3]

AssassinKing
2009-12-16, 05:03 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

Tran is going to go for the one with the spear.

Saintjebus
2009-12-16, 06:03 PM
I am going to move within range of my Grease spell, and drop grease on the three kobolds behind the barricade. If I can manage to hit a little bit of the barricade to make it more difficult to stand up, that would be great, but I mainly want to hit all three kobolds behind the barricade.

Edit: When my init comes up, obviously.

Scoot
2009-12-16, 06:58 PM
Initiative

[roll0]

kirbsys
2009-12-16, 07:01 PM
Initiative

[roll0]

mickeysofine
2009-12-16, 08:33 PM
As Colin casts grease on the kobolds and there fortifications, Aladdin wants to shoot at the weakest looking kobold with his crossbow.

Then receive partial cover behind a team mate with more AC and HP

Mangles
2009-12-16, 10:16 PM
Order of init, still waiting on Dave Mackintosh to go, but Aladdin and Colin are free to take there actions while we wait

aladdin sane [18]
Colin Teler [17]
Kobold 1 Crossbow [15]
Dr. Tran [13]
Oiseau [11]
Kobold 2 Crossbow [11]
Kobold 3 Crossbow [8]
Kobold 4 Spear [6]
Toron [2]

Mangles
2009-12-16, 10:23 PM
The grease spell hits two of the three Kobolds behind the barricade.
balance kobold 1 [roll0]
balance kobold 2 [roll1]

(if needed)

reflex kobold 1 [roll2]
reflex kobold 2 [roll3]

Aladin point the crossbow at the kobold not currently covered by colins speel

(please make an attack and damage roll for your weapon or change your action if you would prefer)

mickeysofine
2009-12-16, 10:35 PM
[roll0]-crossbow attack roll
[roll1]-crossbow damage roll

DIE, STUPID LITTLE LIZARD THINGS!!!!!

AssassinKing
2009-12-16, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry I'm posting early but you guys will probably get ahead tomorrow anyways so here are my rolls.

to hit
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]
I target the one with the spear or one of the stronger looking kobolds

Mangles
2009-12-16, 10:57 PM
Aladin's bolt falls short just hitting the bottom of the baricade, the kobold behind it snickers.

mickeysofine
2009-12-17, 01:16 AM
i yell in draconic TONIGHT, YOU DINE IN HELLL!

ColonelFuster
2009-12-17, 01:44 AM
Ak! Initiative!
[roll0]

ColonelFuster
2009-12-17, 01:47 AM
"Ach yar baws!" Dave rushes at the nearest kobold and tries to stab it with his saber.

Attack[roll0]
Assuming i'm before them in initiative, I get a sneak attack in...[roll1]

ColonelFuster
2009-12-17, 01:48 AM
Wow! Critical. Sorry for the triple-post, guys.
[roll0]

Mangles
2009-12-17, 01:57 AM
Dave cleaves the spearman kobold lying on the floor in half. The Kobolds look disturbed by the turn of events. Kobold crossbowman 1 shoots at Dave again. Yelling at his brethren for their clumsiness.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Dave is now the only one in the room. The Kobolds have cover from both Dave and the Barricade making it hard too see what they are doing. Also there is no light in the room, only slight illumination from the doorway.

Mangles
2009-12-17, 01:58 AM
Critical failure again!?!

The kobolds bolt explodes once again splinters flying everywhere. This time destroying his crossbow. A grown can be heard from the Kobold on the ground.

Saintjebus
2009-12-17, 02:06 AM
[roll0]

This is for my spell failure....... sorry I forgot I was deaf.

Edit: Whew! Was worried that we'd have to retcon our awesomeness.

Mangles
2009-12-17, 02:21 AM
Dr tran advances on the Kobold 3 (still standing no grease) and tries to punch it, but it is too fast and ducks out of the way dropping its crosbow and picking up the spear it lunges at Dr Tran

[roll0] for [roll1]

Kobold 2 just groans dragging itself away from Dr Tran (5 ft movement towards the door that you haven't yet opened.

Mangles
2009-12-17, 02:22 AM
That hits, just take 1 damage (minimum that can be done)

its torons turn

kirbsys
2009-12-17, 03:12 AM
Toron charges towards Kobold 2, assuming that he has a clear line to do so, and brings his longsword down in an arc towards the creature.

Attack Roll
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

mickeysofine
2009-12-17, 03:20 AM
are any of the kobolds helpless (unconscious)?
if so i want to stab at them with a crossbow bolt
if not i want to load my crossbow (free action) and cast light in the new room to illuminate the kobolds [roll0]~arcane spell failure check

Saintjebus
2009-12-17, 03:34 AM
As I'm fairly certain that of the four kobolds, one is attacking Tran, one is dead on the floor, and the other two are prone behind the barricade. (If I'm wrong, I'll do this after Aladin goes stabbity-stabbity)

I draw my crossbow from my waist(move action). I fire at # 1(the one attacking Tran).

[roll0]

[roll1]

Mangles
2009-12-17, 03:42 AM
Kobold 1: dead
Kobold 2: dead
Kobold 3: Alive and standing on grease
Kobold 4: Alive and fighting Tran not on grease

Mangles
2009-12-17, 03:46 AM
The room is now illuminated, the shadows forced back. The crossbow bolt misses its mark thunking once again into the barrier. This time right at the edge of protection.

Scoot
2009-12-17, 09:16 AM
On my turn, or right now, whenever that was. :S

I'm going to rush into the room, getting as close to one of the kobolds as I can, and attack one with my bow, if one has not taken damage, it will be that one.

"Looks like these guys are taking care of themselves just fine without us. ":smalltongue:

Rolls:
[roll0]
Attack
[roll1]
Damage

If need, crit confirm
[roll2]
And, extra damage
[roll3]

And if I did manage to get within 30ft of any of them ,add +1 to all of those rolls, for Point Blank Shot.

(And I do have Precise Shot if any are engaged in combat, I can't tell)

Mangles
2009-12-17, 09:50 AM
Kobold 3 goes down. The arrow protruding from his chest sticking upwards like a flag of victory. Only Kobold 4 remains and is currently fighting Dr Tran

Dr. Tran its now your turn. And ill put a map of the next room up. Sorry about this confusion guys.

AssassinKing
2009-12-17, 10:54 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

to hit
[roll1]

damage
[roll2]

If it didn't need intitiative I'm sorry but if I did awesome.

Mangles
2009-12-18, 02:18 AM
The last kobold falls down, still bleeding from his wounds he twitches slightly.

Well done, your first fight is done and your all still alive.

mickeysofine
2009-12-18, 02:28 AM
Can we give it a while before we go ahead, i still can't here very well and it won't matter if we go fast on account they definitely, without a doubt know we are here now.

I sit down and shake my head trying to unblock my ears.

kirbsys
2009-12-18, 02:29 AM
Toran wipes the foul Kobold blood from his blade then sheathes his sword momentarily. After doing this he looks for anything useful on the body of the Kobold he just killed.

Search Check:
[roll0]

mickeysofine
2009-12-18, 02:30 AM
find everything interesting?

Mangles
2009-12-18, 03:17 AM
You find 11 gp on this kobold

Saintjebus
2009-12-18, 09:53 AM
I go to retrieve my bolt from the barricade. On the way, I'll pick up Aladin's bolt to give back to him, too.

Mangles
2009-12-18, 05:28 PM
High is good for you
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mangles
2009-12-18, 05:29 PM
As you grab the bolts you examine them. They are still usable.

Scoot
2009-12-18, 06:16 PM
"Well, now that these fellas are dead, do you think it's time to check on that thud from the other door?"

I pause for a moment,

"Eh, anyone who can hear me, that is. Come to think of it, now may be an OK time to let y'all come to your senses, but I'm no leader, y'all can do what you want"

I then step away to do a general sweep through the rest of the Kobolds, seeing if they have anything of value, if I do find anything, I put it on one of the tables for everyone else to see.

Roll:
[roll0]

Mangles
2009-12-18, 06:55 PM
you find an additional 33 gold, one of the kobolds also has a small iron key and a amethyst on his person. Besides that you also see a pot full of some type of soup, although it doesn't smell the best.

could Toaran and Oiseau make fort saves please.

From the other side of the door you can hear some yelling back in Draconic, though it is faint if you pressed your ear up to the door your pretty sure you could hear it. If only you could understand it.

Saintjebus
2009-12-18, 07:08 PM
I'D PREFER TO WAIT UNTIL I CAN HEAR BETTER.... I'M STILL YELLING AREN'T I?

AssassinKing
2009-12-18, 07:16 PM
Is there a quicker way to get rid of the deafness? If we wait too long they will have more time to regroup and make better traps and blockades.

Scoot
2009-12-18, 08:32 PM
Roll:
[roll0]
Fort
Dirty lizards. :smallannoyed:

kirbsys
2009-12-18, 10:18 PM
Fort Save

[roll0]

OOC: Well damn. Fort saves are hating me so far. :smalleek:

Mangles
2009-12-18, 11:58 PM
Both Toaran and Oisea feel an itch in their throats. Oisea quickly overcomes this feeling but Thoaran's throat is still scratchy.

Scoot
2009-12-19, 09:12 PM
"I don't know of any ways short of magic to cure a broken ear. And I'd much rather plow through a mountain of ... Lizard defences than push through without any ability to organize. My vote is still for waiting."

Saintjebus
2009-12-20, 11:49 AM
I AGREE! THEY ALREADY KNOW WE'RE HERE. IF WE WAIT, WE CAN PICK THE TIME TO ATTACK.

Mangles
2009-12-20, 04:07 PM
An hour goes past without much concern and your hearing returns to normal. From the other side of the door you can hear the creatures speaking in Draconic, for those that understand it, they curse this place with nothing but bad luck, first the dark one, then the plague and now you adventurers.

Scoot
2009-12-21, 02:02 PM
"Well then, now that you all can hear me..."

I look towards the little pile of loot on the table,

"Anyone want some gold? I think Dave should hold on to the key, and I've been drooling over this purple stone".

kirbsys
2009-12-21, 03:19 PM
"Perhaps an even split of the gold once we've cleared the mine would be fair?" As he says this Toron lays the gold he found on the Kobold with the rest of the loot.

Saintjebus
2009-12-21, 06:18 PM
I am fine with an even split. It sounds fair to me.

mickeysofine
2009-12-21, 06:29 PM
an even split sounds good, in fact i might even do even work to deserve it.
says Aladdin jokingly.

lets move further into the mountain.

kirbsys
2009-12-21, 06:44 PM
"I agree, lets form up and move through that door. Somebody should also grab the gold and hold on to it until we return to the surface." Toron then hefts his shield in front of him and moves to the door, drawing his sword. When everyone is ready he opens the door, ready for trouble.

Scoot
2009-12-21, 07:01 PM
"I'll hold on to it if everyone is fine with that"

I then move to scoop the gold into my backpack, if nobody objects,

"Even split is always a good idea, let's move on, we got lizards to skewer"

I them move to follow Toron, staying towards the back of the party as always,

Mangles
2009-12-21, 09:50 PM
Two crossbow bolts fire into the frame of the door either side of Thoron.
"Come no further. You already have killed our best warrior. Let us leave this place. We want only our lives."

kirbsys
2009-12-21, 11:10 PM
"Drop your weapons and come into the light or we will come in and kill you." Toron is careful not to promise that they won't be harmed if they come out.

OOC: This is assuming that they are speaking in common, otherwise Toron waits for someone fluent to translate, and if they are willing, convey his message.

Mangles
2009-12-22, 05:50 AM
The crossbows remain up and are reloaded, but no further bolts are fired

kirbsys
2009-12-22, 12:40 PM
"In the name of St. Cuthbert I charge you to come into the open unarmed! We are tasked to rid the town of the plague emanating from this mine, and we cannot continue onwards with you at our backs. Toron takes a glance at the team behind him, making sure that they're ready and willing to move in with him if the kobolds refuse.

Scoot
2009-12-22, 12:50 PM
I nod at Toron and draw my bow, I then turn around to watch the door behind us.

Mangles
2009-12-22, 03:05 PM
"In the name of living you can stick it. Why don't you put down your weapons and we'll see what happens from there."

mickeysofine
2009-12-22, 05:36 PM
i cast shield on toran,
why don't you sheath your sword and go in there and reason with them? couldn't hurt. They are terrible shots. Aladdin whispers

kirbsys
2009-12-22, 07:40 PM
Toron whispers back, "I suppose I'll give it a try, if they're honest we have nothing to fear, if they're lying, as you said they're terrible shots." He sheathes his sword then says, "I've sheathed my sword and I'm coming in to talk, if you wish to leave alive then you won't harm me." He then steps into the room.

Mangles
2009-12-22, 11:52 PM
"Very well. The rest of you will stay away though."
One of the crossbows levels at Thoron. The other at the doorway.
"What is it you want? We fought for this den, why is it you seek to take it away?"

mickeysofine
2009-12-23, 05:32 AM
toran can't speak draconic... says Aladdin, probably should've thought about that.

i ask in draconic to the kobolds, excuse me friends, may I translate, from the doorway?

Mangles
2009-12-23, 08:05 AM
In draconic "Come in this room and your friend will be a pincushion."
In common "he will help your bad speaking"

kirbsys
2009-12-23, 01:15 PM
"The nearby town is suffering from a plague which is emanating from these mines. You may have fought for these dens, but they rightfully belong to the people of Duvik's Pass, they rely on the mining for their livelihood. If you have nothing to do with the plague and you are willing to relinquish control of the mines back to the town, then you may live otherwisd you leave us little choice."

mickeysofine
2009-12-23, 06:41 PM
toran, remember we are looking for the kid too, who ran into these mines. Aladdin says in common

Mangles
2009-12-23, 07:11 PM
The kobolds nod at eachother. "We agree to leave on the condition you give us your word not to harm us." They will not put down their weapons.

mickeysofine
2009-12-23, 07:29 PM
Aladdin takes the bolt out his crossbow to show his word.

kirbsys
2009-12-23, 10:01 PM
"Very well, you may leave so long as you do not return to trouble this town ever again. Before you leave though, have you seen a human child in these mines? He is missing and his father is looking for him."

Mangles
2009-12-24, 05:26 AM
"There were lots of humans, but no child. They were all miners. The dark one makes sure even the dead don't stay put though."

With that the kobolds leave if allowed

Saintjebus
2009-12-24, 09:57 AM
After listening to this, I want to make a knowledge planes and a knowledge history to check if I know anything about this "dark one".

1d20+9
[roll=Knowledge(ThePlanes]1d20+9[roll]

Saintjebus
2009-12-24, 09:58 AM
trying again....

[roll0]
[roll1]

better.

Mangles
2009-12-24, 05:48 PM
There are too many dark ones in history. Hundreds of them have risen and fallen before you were even born. The most common trait is there tends to be necromantic magic surrounding them.

Mangles
2009-12-26, 05:33 PM
This long, narrow room is lined with shelves loaded with foodstuffs and supplies. Heavy burlap sacks are piled atop one another in the corners of
the chamber. A few have been torn open, leaving spills of oats and flour along the floor. Several barrels stand in a cluster near the far northern wall.

mickeysofine
2009-12-26, 05:45 PM
everyone beware the food, remember this place is plagued says Aladdin

Scoot
2009-12-26, 07:52 PM
"Barrels usually have stuff in 'em. I think I'll poke around over there."

I walk towards the northern wall and the cluster of barrels, looking around their outsides, and towards the back of the cluster,

not opening any though.

Rolls (If needed):
Search - [roll0]

Saintjebus
2009-12-26, 08:26 PM
I cast detect magic and concentrate on the areas that Oiseau is searching, concentrating on each area long enough to get all of the information that I can.

Mangles
2009-12-26, 10:12 PM
Above you as you walk into the room you all see a TRAP. Set by the kobolds should have you chose to fight the would have pulled on a rope dropping flour into the room and obscuring everything. It is very easy to disarm the trap now should you wish too.

In the fifth barrel you can detect a faint magic aura. Nothing can be gleaned without opening the barrels.

everyone please make a spot check.

mickeysofine
2009-12-26, 10:39 PM
[roll0]---spot check

kirbsys
2009-12-26, 11:15 PM
[roll0]

Character limit ftl.

Scoot
2009-12-27, 01:09 AM
Spot:
[roll0]

Saintjebus
2009-12-27, 01:30 AM
[roll0]

This message is too short.

Mangles
2009-12-27, 01:33 AM
Unkown roll...I might tell you later
[roll0]

Mangles
2009-12-27, 01:34 AM
no one sees anything special

Saintjebus
2009-12-27, 02:05 AM
I go over to the barrel that is detecting as magic.

Oiseau, something in this barrel is magical. It's very faint.

kirbsys
2009-12-27, 12:44 PM
Toron stands guard at the door, making sure that nothing tries to sneak up on them from behind.

Scoot
2009-12-27, 01:53 PM
"Oh ya?"

I then move to the indicated barrel,

"This might be fun",

And procede to open it, with bare hands.

Rolls(If needed)
[roll0]
Strength

Saintjebus
2009-12-27, 01:56 PM
Do you need some help with that?

I assist him.

[roll0]

Mangles
2009-12-27, 07:22 PM
4 rats jump out of the barrel at you

2 attacking Oiseau
[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

and the others turning on Colin
[roll4] for [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7]

at the same time a Dire weasel runs out of hiding from behind the flour sacks and tries to latch onto Toron
[roll8] for [roll9]

init for rats (just doing these guys as a whole) [roll10]
init for weasle [roll11]

Saintjebus
2009-12-27, 07:37 PM
[roll0]

This message is too short.

kirbsys
2009-12-27, 09:00 PM
[roll0]

Was that a grapple, or just flavor? If it was then:
[roll1]

Scoot
2009-12-27, 09:03 PM
Init: [roll0]

mickeysofine
2009-12-28, 01:48 AM
initiative---[roll0]

careful, they might bear the plague! says Aladdin harshly

mickeysofine
2009-12-30, 01:38 AM
i want move into a spot where i can get a clear shot on the dire weasel, shoot and then reload as a free action (rapid reload)

(8 shots remaining).

Mangles
2009-12-30, 03:51 AM
sure can i get an attack and damage roll. Just in case you kill it

mickeysofine
2009-12-30, 03:55 AM
[roll0]-attack roll
[roll1]-damage roll

whoop[s completely spaced that part of my post :smalleek:

Mangles
2009-12-30, 05:14 PM
the Dire weasel tries to bite down on Toron again
[roll0] for [roll1]

Mangles
2009-12-30, 06:26 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/u8z5t.jpg

this is the room you are all in. One square = 10 ft

kirbsys
2010-01-04, 10:28 PM
Toron swings his sword at the dire weasel that is assaulting him.

[roll0]

kirbsys
2010-01-04, 10:30 PM
Sorry, messed up the damage roll.

[roll0]

mickeysofine
2010-01-04, 10:39 PM
my turn?

i reload(free) then shoot with my crossbow(standard) at the dire weasel, then move away from the creatures(move).

shoot-[roll0]
damage-[roll1]

Mangles
2010-01-06, 06:24 AM
The weasle is struck by Toron but is relentless.

The rats attack Oiseau do not let up
[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

and the 2 attacking Colin redouble their efforts seeing weakness.
[roll4] for [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7]

Colins turn to attack here
The crossbow bolt goes too wide to do any damage.

Saintjebus
2010-01-06, 09:49 AM
I take a 5' step back to avoid AoO from the rats and cast Color Spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) at an angle to get as many rats as possible without hitting any allies. (Figure that probably means that I'll only get the two attacking me.

Will Save DC: 19

Mangles
2010-01-06, 06:13 PM
the color spray washes over the two rats

[roll0]
[roll1]

Mangles
2010-01-06, 06:15 PM
they fall too the ground...eyes open but unseeing, mind retreting from the onslaught

rat1 [roll0] rounds of unconciouse, blind and stunned
rat2 [roll1] rounds of unconciouse, blind and stunned

Mangles
2010-01-06, 06:17 PM
The Dire weasel although hurting doesnt shy from biting Toron again
[roll0] for [roll1]

Scoot
2010-01-08, 07:35 PM
Init:
[roll0]

On my turn I'm 5ft stepping back and attempting to skewer one of these rats.
"Remind me never to look in a barrel again..."

Ranged Attack:
[roll1]
Damage:
[roll2]
+1's from Point-Blank Shot.

OOC:
Is this what you wanted me to do? Just want to be sure, if I'm supposed to be an NPC right now, that's my bad.

Mangles
2010-01-09, 04:54 PM
One rat is scewered before its able to attack. But the second tries to gnaw at

d3 - 4 for [roll0]

Mangles
2010-01-09, 04:56 PM
One rat is skewered before its able to attack. But the second tries to gnaw at Oiseau

d3 - 4 for [roll0]

mickeysofine
2010-01-09, 08:17 PM
my turn?

i fire one of my remaining 6 crossbow bolts at the dire weasel then reload as a free action and move adjacent to Osieu in order to use the 'Aid another" action next turn.

I SHOULD'VE PACKED MORE AMMO!,Says Aladdin