PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age: Origins

Pronounceable
2009-12-13, 05:41 PM
I know there's a DA thread. And no, it's friggin big, so I'm not gonna comb thru all that. This here is about the origins. I've played each and every origin story and am now at the point where I'll start my main run of the game. My views are that dwarves obviously get the best stories, by a very large margin, followed by city elves and mages. I'd normally play human rogue, but human story is decidedly underwhelming and cliched (and dalish story simply sucks), especially compared to either glorious dwarven displays of badassery.

Sooo... The point. Which one has overall most and/or best effect on the whole story? Without mentioning anything remotely spoily of chapter 1 and onwards (an issue which makes the gigantic thread useless, among other things), which origin would you vote for having the most impact on plot and narrative?

Driderman
2009-12-13, 05:47 PM
Human noble was definitely my favourite, followed by dwarf noble. Haven't tried dwarf commoner yet, but the elf origins were somewhat bland and the mage one was rather annoyingly obvious.
But yeah, human noble is the one I see as the best choice, I just feels like it's the one that's best integrated

Foryn Gilnith
2009-12-13, 05:50 PM
If people don't mind a topic change...

What does everyone think about the Origin stories themselves?

I'll try to be vague about story plots outside of spoiler tags...

You think a five-page thread is friggin big?

I personally liked the Mage origin for its notable lack of trauma. Left my character with his innocent altruism intact. But yeah, the dwarves' stories were well crafted.

Tengu_temp
2009-12-13, 06:57 PM
You think a five-page thread is friggin big?

That's the third thread. There were two 50-page threads before it.