PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Looking for help with two caster-hybrid characters

Raewyn
2009-12-13, 07:42 PM
I'm a little new at building spell-based characters, so I was looking for some pointers, lest I totally mess it up. Thank you very much for your help.

I. Arcane Archer (or something like it)

Since I'm sure a lot of people on this site find Arcane Archer to be particularly weaksauce, is there any other ranged (possibly weapon based) build I can pitch? The campaign is pretty average power level, so nothing earth-shatteringly awesome.

Campaign: Starting at level 5, probably not going to go until level 20, probably more like 10 - 15.
Books: PF core stuff, 3.5 books is allowed on a case-by-case basis, and he will (hopefully) be using the 3.5 version of all spells.
Race: Half-Elf
Alignment: Non-evil
Stats: Friend hasn't sent me his array yet, I'll edit it in when I get it. A ranking of stats from best-worst would be helpful.
Concept: Ranged damage build. Arcane Archer would be nice if it could fly, but if it's not a viable build, I'm open to suggestions.
Urgency: I'm meeting this guy along with the DM to help build his character Tuesday night, so any advice you could give me before then would be great.

Spell recommendations would also be nice.

II. Cojira!

Yup, trying to play a Cleric of Doom (which is what I initially thought CoD stood for as opposed to Cleric or Druid).

Campaign: Starting at level 3 and ending at level 20.
Books: PF core stuff, 3.5 books is allowed on a case-by-case basis, and he will (hopefully) be using the 3.5 version of all spells.
Race: Half-Elf
Alignment: CG (was looking at Gorum for a patron deity)
Ability Scores: Str: 17, Dex: 10/14 (see below), Con: 14, Int: 10/14, Wis: 20, Cha: 16
Concept: Melee cleric with some offensive casting ability

Question 1: Should I dump Int or Dex? While the skill points might be nice (I love skill points), a positive Dex modifier is also a good thing.

Question 2: What spells do you recommended? I know the staples of the build are Divine Power and Righteous Might, but what are some lower level recommendations.

Thanks again. I look forward to hearing your suggestions.