PDA

View Full Version : wreck ashore module-- IC

mickeysofine
2009-12-13, 08:53 PM
Though small, Seawell is a prosperous trading town with a good location on the coast. Next to it is a long peninsula that features mostly swamplike terrain. The inhabitants of this peninsula include tribes of lizardfolk, plus several kinds of reptiles and amphibians. Most of these creatures don't bother the town, and Seawell's militia is experienced at repulsing raids by the more aggressive lizardfolk.

A large reef extends the entire length of the peninsula on the side away from Seawell. This great wall of coral is a favorite site for fishermen, but it has always presented a serious hazard to ships approaching from that direction. Thus, about 45 years ago, the people of Seawell built a lighthouse on a small promontory near the reef, about 200 yards from the shoreline. Operated by a family that lived inside it, this lighthouse ensured that ships could easily steer clear of the reef.

A few weeks ago, ships stopped arriving from that direction. Three ships are now overdue, and the people of Seawell have begun to suspect foul play. Thus far, however, they have not been able to investigate because of increased raiding by the lizardfolk. Something has stirred them up, and the town militia has been too busy repulsing raids to mount an expedition to the reef.
~~~
You were a traveler on a ship going up north but the captain called for an immediate stop on your voyage on account of the danger to his ship.
"we're not going any further until all this business has cleared up, I'm not gonna risk 'the mermaid'".
with this in mind you go to land and stood on the docks of Seawell. Standing on the docks were fellow travelers unsure of what to do, except for 4 of them who have the training, the skill and the determination to find out whats happened to the ships and find out why the lizardfolk are aggressive.

the four adventures meet and decide to talk it over in the towns tavern.

the first of the adventures, 'Jack D. mango'. Jack is a tall, tan man. He has 2 scars on his face one under his left eye and the other above his right temple. He has ocean blue eyes and night black hair. His clothes are that of a normal travelers over that he has a blue cloak with light clouds and black lighting. he is using a trident as a walking stick.

the second adventurer, Rockworn McDoriff is a young dwarf at 66 years. he is wearing banded mail and carrying a heavy steel shield. he has a war hammer strapped across his back and a crossbow at his waist.

the third adventurer, Collin Teler. Collin looks fairly old, but well-preserved, as it were. His hair is pure white, and his face is lined, but not excessively so. He stands 3 feet, five inches on a good day.

And the last of their party, lee. Lee is human and is wearing leather armour and has a mace and a rapier at his waist.

After discussing your alternatives you have come to two conclusions, you can go through the swamps to the lighthouse on the other side of the peninsula or you can convince one of the sailors to sail you there through the treacherous reef.

Splodgey
2009-12-14, 07:18 AM
Lee

"Well then my fellow adventurers, I do believe we should probably go through the swamp.

It might take us a little longer, but the chances of a storm smashing us and killing us upon the rocks of the reef is nigh non-existant."

With that he leans back and orders a round of whatever everyones poison is and listens carefully to any other conversations going on around the tavern.

{{I will be adding a description of him when its finalised and an updated gear list, everything else is finalised.}}

[roll0]

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 03:17 PM
The tavern patrons are talking about shortages of supply due to the missing ships while some other patrons are speculating what it could be, lizardfolk are the most popular choice but some go as far to say sea monsters or some sort of 'giant thing' in the forest.

it is apparent that few if not no one in the town would anything of use.

the barkeep returns with 4 glasses of tall ale.
I'm afraid this is the only poison we have here gent. That'll be 1SP and 6CP.

Demons_eye
2009-12-14, 03:29 PM
"Swap is less fun but I would like not to be killed a sea." Jack looks at the bartender and hands him a golden coin "Lowest I got mate, sorry."

He takes a long drink and looks around the bar also, keeping his trident by his side while his net was but a seconds drop away.

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 03:38 PM
I'll come back with your change shortly

in the tavern there's mostly the sailors and travelers from 'The Mermaid' but there are a few locals as well though they are sitting apart from the sailors and travelers.

when the bartender returns he asks quietly I suppose you were offered a job by the mayor also? giving you your change (8SP 4CP)

Saintjebus
2009-12-14, 04:05 PM
I wait until the bartender leaves and look distasefully at the ale.

That doesn't look healthy at all.

I cast prestidigitation, changing the ale to fine Gnomish wine.

MM. Much better.

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 04:15 PM
the bartender leaves, mumbling to himself a bit more.

the ale though unsightly is now delicious.
~~~

a member of the local militia enters the tavern he looks around and approaches one of the rougher looking sailors.
hello there, you look like a man who can take care of himself why don't we have a drink?

the sailor replies Get lost, I ain't doing nothing but sailing out of here when we can.

well that might be some time, no ships allowed to leave until we discover whats going on.

the sailor mumbles something and the militia member resumes looking round the tavern.

Sillycomic
2009-12-14, 05:17 PM
“Yes…. The swamp seems best.” Rockworn growled, taking his ale from the barkeep. He gulped it down with a vigor of a dying man’s thirst. It had been a while since he'd had a good long drink. Even if it was human ale. A dwarf out amongst humans couldn’t be too picky. He had learned that a long time ago on his adventures.

Rockworn gives the barkeep 2 silver pieces, "Make sure the second round isn't too far behind."

The swamp seemed a better choice, for no other reason than it would mean Rockworn wouldn’t have to get on a boat for a few days. How nice.

It had been a while since he’d been on land, and he couldn’t miss a chance to stretch his legs and feel cool earth under them, even if it is foul muddy earth. He would take a week in a swamp over a couple of hours on a boat.

Rockworn wore simple adventuring gear, a tunic that dragged at the ground and deerskin pants. The scalemail he wore over it was scratched and chipped, despite its shine. The necklace that he wore showed a hammer, Moradin’s symbol of worship. The warhammer at his side was the same design as the symbol.

Worship came in many forms for the dwarves. Some used the hammer to dig, others to create. Rockworn’s hammer was used to bash in heads.

He gave a nod over to the militia man in the corner, "Now he might know a thing or two. We should buy him a drink."

Saintjebus
2009-12-14, 08:30 PM
Yes, we definitely need to get someone who may know what's going on.

I cast ventriloquism and throw my voice right next to the militiaman's ear.

Greetings sir. How would you like a drink?

Ventriloquism (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ventriloquism.htm)

He gets a will save to disbelieve. DC: 19

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 09:42 PM
the militia member looks around in sudden surprise, eventually spotting yourselves. he walks over to your table and says rather uncertainly

I'd prefer to talk business.

he explains that the militia are too busy repelling lizardfolk raids to venture into the swamp to find the cause and of such the mayor has asked all militia members to be on the lookout for burly adventuring types to search for the town.
he says the mayor is willing to pay 1200GP from the towns treasury and that the volunteers involved can keep anything they find in there expedition through the swamps.

he also says you should start by going to the lighthouse at the tip of the peninsula to find out what is stopping the lighthouse from keeping the ships from the reef. I will go inform the mayor immediately should agree with these terms.

mickeysofine
2009-12-14, 09:44 PM
The barkeep returns with another round of ale and your 2SP saying this ones on the house, we always shout someone willing to help the town.

Demons_eye
2009-12-14, 09:52 PM
"Sounds to good to be true!" Jake says "You all ok with it?

Saintjebus
2009-12-14, 10:58 PM
Ventriloquism is active for 2 minutes.

While I am not quite burly, it sounds like it's our best bet to continue our journey. I'm in.

While I am talking, I am moving the location of my voice every other word- from ear to ear, from the ale, from other party members, etc. Just coming from everywhere.

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 01:33 AM
Thank you, your doing the town a great service. I shall inform the mayor, do you wish for him to see you off or will leave immediately? asks the militia member, One more thing, if you do find the source of the problem the other militia members and I will be glad to offer assistance if we are able to help.

Sillycomic
2009-12-15, 03:44 AM
The dwarf nods and gives a grunt. It seems as much as a friendly gesture as he's willing to give the militia man.

"We might just want to head out to the swamp," He suggested. He did give a nod to the barkeep, smiling and drinking. The ale somehow tasted sweeter, probably because it was free. To a dwarf there was no such thing as bad ale if it's free.

Although, his ale did just say it was best to continue our journey. He gave a furrow look at the liquid, drank the rest in a big gulp, and slammed it on the table.

"The sooner we make it out there, the sooner we can find out what's going on," He signalled to the barkeep once more. Perhaps a free ale for the road...

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 06:56 AM
The bar keep comes once more with your final glasses of ale for the time being.

[Any character that consumed ale must make a fortitude save at DC 10 to avoid intoxication, the DC increases by 1 for each additional glass of ale consumed in the same hour (DC10, DC11, DC12, etc.). separate fortitude saves for each drink]

The PC's leave the tavern for the peninsula.

Upon reaching the edge of the swamp, two different paths present themselves:
1- the game trails; These paths are relatively well kept and easy to walk across, but are called the game trails for a reason.
2-cross country; As always going cross country has the usual danger of getting lost but allows you to take short cuts. It is usually impossible to travel any other way then the 'game trails' but it is the dry season and lots of hidden trails have presented themselves.

DM note~~ if you want to ask for information around the tavern now is the time.

Splodgey
2009-12-15, 07:24 AM
Lee

After the first glass, I will take a second but not a third. Having decided it tastes like watered down pig swill. i'll simply drink the second one slowly.

[roll0]
[roll1]

"I think we should go along the game trail's guys, means we won't get lost, and if we find a deer we could always have it and eat it later.

Been a while since i've had a good old steak."

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 07:35 AM
Splodgey~
[roll0]-dexterity damage
[roll1]-wisdom damage

you are feeling sillier and less dexterous after the cheap ale

Saintjebus
2009-12-15, 09:20 AM
After drinking my "ale"(gnomish wine). I decide that I have had enough. I don't hold liquor that well anyway.

[roll0]

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 09:21 AM
you are not affected by the alcohol whatsoever.

Saintjebus
2009-12-15, 09:28 AM
I'm thinking that the issue with the game trails is not the game itself, but rather the other things hunting the game. On the other hand, if we go through the swamp, I very well may find myself in the emberrasing situation of being carried. I'm fine with either way.

I continue making my voice come from everywhere until ventriloquism expires.

Sillycomic
2009-12-15, 10:09 AM
Rockworn grabbed his own mug for the final ale, and is carrying it with them as they head out on adventure.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Three tasty ales finally brings that sense of home to the dwarf.

"Game trails sound fine to me. Perhaps the stealthiest of us should go first. I will take the rear..." He shakes his scale mail once or twice for effect, "I am... unfortunately noticable when I travel."

He takes out his warhammer and says a silent prayer to Moradin for strength and guidance.

Demons_eye
2009-12-15, 05:34 PM
"I would rather go with the cross country. Even if there was no people hunting poaching is a serious offense." Jack says "Shall we move on then?"

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 07:33 PM
Rockworn and jack are completely unaffected to the ale.

The parry decides to travel via the game trails through majority vote.
The game trails are very easy to walk upon (no penalty to movement) and walking via the tracks, you estimate you will be at the other side of the peninsula in around 3 days.

As you walk the game trail you can get a better idea of the ecology of the swamps.

During the dry season, the water recedes, leaving most of the ground dry. The peninsula is dotted with stands of trees growing on raised areas known as hummocks (the game trail passes through a couple of hummocks). A typical hummock measures about 300 feet across, but some are as large as 800 feet in diameter. you can't see many animals, Birds, however, can still be found just about everywhere.

[roll0]---spot check(Colin)
[roll1]---spot check(Rockworn)
[roll2]---spot check(Jack)
[roll3]---spot check(Lee)

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 07:52 PM
As you walk along the game trails to the lighthouse at the peninsula about 8 hours into your journey;

A constrictor snake springs out from the ground which was perfectly disguised as a log a few seconds before, it appeared to be sunning itself on the game trail.

The snake lashes out at Lee who was stumbling ahead of the rest of the party
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

[roll2]---initiative(Colin)
[roll3]---initiative(Rockworn)
[roll4]---initiative(Jack)
[roll5]---initiative(Lee)
[roll6]---initiative(Snake)

order of actions;
-Jack
-Rockworn
-Snake
-Lee
-Colin

Demons_eye
2009-12-15, 08:13 PM
Jack quickly throws his net over the creature and smacks it with the blunt end of his trident.

[roll0] :Throwing net as touch attack
[roll1] :"Controlling" it (Opposed strength check)

If captured it is entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled)

Then moving 5ft closer to attack with trident

[roll2] Non Lethal Attack
[roll3] Non Lethal Damage

If my net controls it Jack says "What should we do with it?"

mickeysofine
2009-12-15, 08:57 PM
-Jack deals 9 points of non-lethal damage to the Snake.
-[roll0]-opposed strength check

The Snake is not controlled by your net attack and is hissing loudly.
The snake is entangled in the net.

Sillycomic
2009-12-15, 11:28 PM
Rockworn gives a hearty laugh as he rushes in. It has been a while since he felt something squish against his hammer.

"Looks like dinner to me."

Rockworn will charge. If he can reach a flanking position with Jack he will do so unless that causes an AoO from the snake, in which case he will just charge.

Power Attacking as well

[roll0]
So. +2 for charging, -1 for PA
And +2 if I get the flanking

[roll1] Bludgeoning damage

And until the next round my Ac is at 17.

Sillycomic
2009-12-15, 11:30 PM
wow... lol, all right then. Didn't think that would happen.

Rolling to confirm.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

mickeysofine
2009-12-16, 01:08 AM
Rockworn gives the entangled snake a lethal swing with his war hammer, crushing it and splattering Its partially flattened lifeless body, it's insides staining the ground red with chunks of bone.

mickeysofine
2009-12-16, 03:53 AM
The party travels for another hour before it begins to get dark, your current surroundings;

your standing on a raised hill that the game trail runs by, the ground is relatively dry and there is ample tree cover and fire wood (though slightly damp).

The diameter of this hummock is about 300ft and is covered in thick undergrowth and rotting trees.

do you want to camp for the night or do you want to force march through the night, you have traveled 18 miles so far (1/3 of your journey).

Saintjebus
2009-12-16, 10:05 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'd be fine with stopping for the night.

*yawns*

Sillycomic
2009-12-16, 03:08 PM
"That sounds good," the dwarf says. He did not feel tired, but it would be nice to rest and relax for a bit. He felt hungry as well.

Rockworn walks up to Lee and touches him on the shoulder.

Cure Light Wounds
[roll0]
“Sorry that snake took a bite at you. This should help.”

Rockworn begins to gather firewood. Even if they don’t stop for the night, at least they will have fuel for a fire when they finally do rest.

Demons_eye
2009-12-16, 03:15 PM
Jack helps the others make the camp but mostly keeps to himself.

"I think we should have let the snake live. It was only doing what it instincts told it too." Jack mutters "Could have just knocked it out and left it but fine what ever. I'll take the first watch?"

Saintjebus
2009-12-16, 03:32 PM
You want company for the first watch? Two people on watch seems to be better- less likely for either person to fall asleep accidently. Also, me on watch by myself? What would I do, hide? *laughs*

I help with preparing camp, and make sure my spellbook and component pouch are ready for my spell preparation.

Splodgey
2009-12-16, 03:38 PM
Lee

"I too would have preferred to let the wild creature live, but it is done now and as such we move on, and take its bounty it has offered us. To not have done so would to have let it go to waste."

"Thank you for that, and its not your fault, there is no reason to be sorry.

As to the watches, I will take second, and possibly it would be better to have two people on, but you and our dwarven friend here need enough sleep to regain your energies."

Saintjebus
2009-12-16, 04:42 PM
Having a watch won't adversely affect my spellcasting. As long as I am not really doing anything strenous, I'll be fine. Plus, I'll mostly be awake so that Jack won't fall asleep. I can do my main preparations during that time.

Sillycomic
2009-12-16, 05:06 PM
The dwarf nodded. He simply saw a creature attacking, and thought nothing more of it. But these humans wanted to make sure it was ok.

"I can see your point. I promise to kill no more animals on our journey," He says with a bit of a gruff.

Rockworn uses his 2 Cure Minors on Lee as well. 2 more HP!!!

"I do require 8 hours of rest for preparing of the day. So I will sleep now and take last watch."

mickeysofine
2009-12-16, 09:04 PM
Rock worn collects firewood as the other players set up;
-Bed rolls?
-Tents?
-Eat their trail rations?
-start the fire?

[roll0]~*** chance
[roll1]~*** chance
[roll2]~*** chance

Saintjebus
2009-12-16, 10:30 PM
I set up my (gnome-sized) tent near enough to the fire to have plenty of light to read my spellbook, but far enough away that there is no danger of sparks. I also dig into my trail rations and eat one meal's worth.

Sillycomic
2009-12-16, 10:55 PM
Once enough firewood for the night is gathered Rockworn will lay out his bedroll for the evening. He has to take the early morning watch, so best to get sleep now.

He eats one trail ration, takes off his armor, and says his nightly prayers to Moradin.

Rockworn falls into a very loud snoring sleep.

mickeysofine
2009-12-17, 01:44 AM
Rockworn goes to sleep immediately after finishing his trail rations, the party sets up a fire which Colin is currently reading by. Lee is currently asleep and Jack is staying up for watch.

The night passes by with no encounters with the wildlife or anything else.

All spell-casters are refreshed and anyone who didn't sleep on a bedroll takes a -1 penalty to all checks the following day to due to the uncomfortable sleep.

Do the party want to follow the Game trail still or take a shortcut through the swamp (cross country)?

Saintjebus
2009-12-17, 02:31 AM
I am fine with continuing on the game trail. No one had to carry me.

I say this in response to everyone looking at everyone else wondering what we are going to do next.

Demons_eye
2009-12-17, 04:20 PM
"So long as we dont kill nuffin that dont need no killin" Jack says in agreement packing his things away and picking up his weapons.

Sillycomic
2009-12-17, 05:06 PM
"Agreed."

The dwarf busies himself with his morning ritual. Prayers to Moradin, asking for guidance and spells to aid on his quest. He packs away all of his gear, puts on his armor, and grips his trusty warhammer tightly.

"Same rank as before? I will take up the rear."

Saintjebus
2009-12-17, 05:09 PM
Sounds good. I believe I was right in front of you, Rockhammer. Just don't accidently drop that hammer on me. I probably wouldn't survive, and then where you all find another wizard, hm?

I chuckle slightly to let the taciturn dwarf know that I'm joking.

mickeysofine
2009-12-17, 06:59 PM
the party continue traveling along the game trail.

you do not encounter any hostile creatures. although you saw a few snakes slithering of the path etc.

you travel an additional 24 miles today leaving approximately 12 miles left in your journey.

as the party is setting up camp for the night. a lizardfolk burst into your camp sight looking surprised.

--initiative
[roll0]--Lee
[roll1]--Jack
[roll2]--Rockworn
[roll3]--Lizard folk
[roll4]--Colin

--order of turns
--Colin
--lizard folk
--Rockworn
--Lee
--Jack

Saintjebus
2009-12-17, 07:12 PM
I react quickly, moving to about 10 ft away, and let loose with Color Spray. I also make sure that none of my party is caught in the blast.

Color Spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm)

These rolls are for duration in rounds if he fails his save. DC: 19

[roll0]

[roll1]

Try to take him alive!

mickeysofine
2009-12-17, 07:17 PM
A cone of clashing colours spray forth from your hand enveloping the lizard folk.

[roll0]--fortitude save (lizard folk)

Blinding and stunning him, he drops his crude club and large shield and stands idle.

Saintjebus
2009-12-17, 07:21 PM
He's unconscious, too. Also, it's a will save. ( not that I mind a 7 being rolled... just sayin')

I have some rope. Anybody want to help me tie him up?

mickeysofine
2009-12-17, 07:40 PM
He's unconscious, too. Also, it's a will save. ( not that I mind a 7 being rolled... just sayin')

I have some rope. Anybody want to help me tie him up?

oh sorry about the fortitude, i meant will. Its the same bonus anyway, plus he has more HD hence just stunned and blinded not unconscious :smallwink:

Saintjebus
2009-12-17, 07:44 PM
Ah. I see. Carry on then.

After seeing the results of my spell, I step back to allow the rest of the party to get the the lizard man thing.

mickeysofine
2009-12-17, 08:00 PM
The lizard folk loses his actions and is blinded for [roll0] then is stunned for an additional turn

Sillycomic
2009-12-17, 09:25 PM
Rockworn delays his action until the man with the big net gets a turn. He thinks if anyone has a chance of capturing the thing alive, it would be Jack.

Splodgey
2009-12-18, 09:05 AM
Lee

"I can have a go at tieing him up as well."

Going to use a use rope attempt with hemp rope to tie him up and keep him in place :)

[roll0]

Demons_eye
2009-12-18, 03:04 PM
Unless the rope works Jack throws his net at the lizard and tries to control it. Then moves closer and smacks it with his staff.

[roll0] :Throwing net as touch attack
[roll1] :"Controlling" it (Opposed strength check)

If captured it is entangled

Then moving 5ft closer to attack with trident

[roll2] Non Lethal Attack
[roll3] Non Lethal Damage

Why do we want it alive? He says.

Saintjebus
2009-12-18, 03:10 PM
It can probably lead us to the lighthouse faster than using the game trails.

mickeysofine
2009-12-18, 06:43 PM
Lee ties up the lizard folk in his stunned state.

the lizard folk immediately tries to break free, from it's bondage as soon as it comes to it's senses.

[roll0]~escape artist check

mickeysofine
2009-12-18, 06:45 PM
The lizard folk goes limp and looks at you helplessly, failing to escape Lee's rope bindings. It tries to speak in guttural common.

why, you here? leave lizards alone.

Sillycomic
2009-12-18, 07:04 PM
Rockworn lowers his hammer. Well, that was good, and no bloodshed as well.

"We are here trying to find out what happened to the people in the lighthouse. Do you know what happened to them? Were your lizard men involved?"

mickeysofine
2009-12-18, 11:12 PM
lighthouse soft skins are friends. you bad soft skins make trouble, make lizards angry.

He seems to think you have done some sort of injustice to the lizardfolk tribe in the area.

Saintjebus
2009-12-18, 11:33 PM
In Draconic What have we done to make the lizards angry?

mickeysofine
2009-12-18, 11:43 PM
The people in the lighthouse have not been seen in six weeks, what have you done to them? They are friends of the Tribe. the Lizard folk explains angrily

Saintjebus
2009-12-18, 11:52 PM
In DraconicWe are trying to find the people in the tower. We too, want to know where they are.

mickeysofine
2009-12-19, 12:11 AM
Why would you want to know? All you want to do is kill or are you not friends with the other people?

Saintjebus
2009-12-19, 02:32 AM
In Draconic If the lighthouse is dark, our ships cannot see to navigate the reefs. We are friends of the people that run the lighthouse.

mickeysofine
2009-12-19, 06:35 AM
you are not of the crimson fangs and you are friends of the of the lighthouse people? the lizard folk asks incredulously, then you must be from the other human tribe. the lizard decides, calming down.
Why are you in our swamp?

Saintjebus
2009-12-19, 09:07 AM
In Draconic As I said, we are concerned about the lighthouse going dark. We are unable to bring our ships around the reefs. What are the crimson fangs?

mickeysofine
2009-12-19, 08:38 PM
The crimson fangs are a human tribe. they live outside swamp in the sand dunes, they been here for 6 weeks. explains the lizard folk.

It seems there is a human tribe living outside the swamp in the sand dunes.
Also, from what else he told you know the lighthouse people and the 'crimson fangs' have been missing/here for the same time.

Sillycomic
2009-12-20, 02:32 AM
"That is an interesting coincidence," Rockworn says *assuming someone translates for him*

Perhaps we should go say hello to these Crimson Fangs."

He tightens the grip on his hammer.

mickeysofine
2009-12-20, 05:32 AM
does the party want to,
1-keep the lizard folk alive (tied up or not);
2- continue along the trail to the lighthouse.
3- ask the lizard folk where the dunes are.
4- go to the lizard folk tribe for warriors.
5- go to seawell for warriors
6- kill the lizard folk :smallwink:
7- a combination of the above

Saintjebus
2009-12-20, 11:53 AM
In common aside to the rest of the party I think he's telling the truth. I'd like to see what this Crimson Tide is about. Perhaps we can ask him to take us to the dunes?

Sillycomic
2009-12-20, 01:54 PM
"Agreed. Let him take us to the dunes, then he can go. That sounds like a decent plan to me."

Demons_eye
2009-12-20, 06:11 PM
"Good with me" Jack says

mickeysofine
2009-12-20, 07:32 PM
the lizard folk agrees to lead you there, giving you the benefit of the doubt.

you pass through the rest of the swamp easily due to the lizard folks knowledge of the area.

you approach the end of the swamp which is promptly swallowed by sand dune. The sand dunes crests and troughs, allow you to only see objects(monsters, people, vegetation) about 70 to 100ft ahead of you.
the sand dunes are a about a mile in width between the swamp and the sea.

closer to the beach front you can see a skeletal tower made out of thin logs and about 100ft tall, there is a small fire at the top of the tower.

the lizard folk says that is part of the crimson scar's tribe, they have their houses up closer to the beach. in draconic.

Saintjebus
2010-01-06, 02:43 PM
Are they keeping the lighthouse people prisoner?

mickeysofine
2010-01-06, 06:30 PM
The lizard folk looks and repeats,they haven't seen them in 5 weeks , in what would pass for a remorseful tone but sounds to people who aren't trained in draconic like a low growl. we fear the worst.

and that lighthouse is not the real one, they built it and killed many of our tribe. the lizard folk explains.

Demons_eye
2010-01-06, 06:43 PM
"Shall we go in and bust some heads then?" Jack says.

Saintjebus
2010-01-06, 07:14 PM
Hmm, scouting first might be a better option. I can help with that- my illusions can make great distractions, or provide cover where there is none.

Sillycomic
2010-01-07, 01:56 PM
"Yes... at the very least we should find out how many heads we are going to be bashing here."

He found it best to know numbers before his hammer could feel crushed skulls.

"Distraction to allow the sneakiest of us closer for a peak? Sounds like a good idea to me."

Saintjebus
2010-01-07, 02:22 PM
What kind of distraction would you like? I can handle dragons, storms, anything you can imagine. Who will be the one sneaking?

Sillycomic
2010-01-07, 03:35 PM
Rockworn begins looking at the landscape. The desert like this is a good security for this Crimson fang. They can see anyone coming from afar.

"Collin, you and Lee go towards the tower. You seem to be the quietest. Check out the guards, what they look like, if they go on patrols. Numbers and weapons, as much info as you can get."

Rockworn scratches at the tangles in his beard. This is a common sight for dwarves who are deep in thought.

Sigh, if only he had some ale. That might help with all this thinking.

"As for the distraction. The bigger the better. A dragon works. Black? Or maybe green, those are rugged little buggers. I hate the green ones. Make him come out of the sand and start thrashing about. That should tell us a bunch."

"Jack and I will wait here. If you are in trouble, call out to us and we will come help."