PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands Ending - what the heck? [Spoiler Alert]

Optimystik
2009-12-14, 10:14 AM
So my bf and I blazed through Borderlands over the past week and a half or so. I used Brick (specializing in tanking and fists - Diehard is amazing) while he used Lilith (specializing in Elements and Control.) With her Intuition ability powering our exp gains, we got to level 35 before finally reaching the Vault. By this point we were fully expecting that SOMEthing was locked inside, and that it wasn't treasure or weapons either. Not that it mattered, as we were both richer than Rockefeller at that point, having each earned the millionaire achievement several levels before... so we weren't really in it for the dough anymore by then. But I digress.

As I was saying, we knew something was in there, so the Chthulian horror that popped out wasn't a huge shock. It had a lot of HP, but thanks to our powergrinding skills we had 3 levels on the thing, and once we got the rhythm down of him taking out the tentacles while I pounded on the eye, he easily went down.

So we won. And expected the adulation of all Pandora. Right?
Sigh. Not only was there NO dancing in the streets, there wasn't even a proper ending. We each got a pat on the head, some credits and were unceremoniously ushered into the New Game Plus. To reiterate... what the heck?

We were left with more questions than answers:

What IS the Guardian Angel anyway? Is she an AI? If so, whose - the corporations, or the aliens?
Her logo seems to be branded on a Hyperion satellite in the ending cutscene. She relies on Dahl's ECHO network. Atlas was trying to break into the Vault. Were we just embroiled in a competition between corporations all along?
Is the whole point of the Vault simply to keep that... thing locked inside?
Were those alien things trying to stop us near the end Eridians?
What's the deal with Tannis? Is she connected to the Guardian Angel in some way?
What's the point of giving the Key to Tannis at the end? She handed us a paltry sum and basically a pat on the head. "Thanks for your help! Enjoy New Game+. Roll credits!"
If the GA depends on the ECHO network, how did she communicate with us at the beginning before we got an ECHO device?
Has anyone else gotten the Zombie Island DLC yet? Is it any good?
Did the "Would you kindly" at the beginning of the game freak anyone else out?

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game and I'm sure that the sequel will answer many of these, but I was interested to see if anyone else had come up with anything to answer any of these.

factotum
2009-12-14, 12:03 PM
1) 2) I think there's no question that the Guardian Angel was some sort of AI housed in that Hyperion satellite, but what that means for corporation wars I have no idea. However, if she WAS working for Hyperion against Atlas or something like that, why would she have been helping you toward the Vault? Far more sensible to just let the Crimson Lance find it and get completely pasted for their trouble!

3) Yes, as far as anyone knows.

4) Probably, or else they were some sort of robotic guardians left behind by the real Eridians.

5) I don't see the link there, although Marcus said she DID have some source of off-world supplies. However, Tannis was employed by the Dahl Corporation before they withdrew from Pandora, so if she was working for Hyperion as well then that's a whole mess waiting to happen.

6) To "keep it safe", although given how badly the Vault area got trashed I'm not sure it could even be used again.

7) ???

8) It's pretty good, yes...it has tons of creepy atmosphere and loads of zombies to kill. Bit short, maybe, and you don't want to do it in the middle of a playthrough because that then means you'll be massively overlevelled for the subsequent quests.

9) Don't remember that!

dsmiles
2009-12-14, 12:26 PM
You know darn well that an ending like that is a gratuitous set-up for Borderlands 2: Revenge of the PS3.

ocato
2009-12-14, 01:02 PM
I choose to believe that the satellite was put in place however many hundreds of years ago by benevolent alien species #3031874 in order to trick rubes into containing their lovecraftian rival doomsday portal.

My real question is whether or not Claptrap being an interstellar ninja assassin is somehow relevant or pertains to anything ever except some mild lulz.

Optimystik
2009-12-14, 01:18 PM
1) 2) I think there's no question that the Guardian Angel was some sort of AI housed in that Hyperion satellite, but what that means for corporation wars I have no idea. However, if she WAS working for Hyperion against Atlas or something like that, why would she have been helping you toward the Vault? Far more sensible to just let the Crimson Lance find it and get completely pasted for their trouble!

Well, technically she DID let the Lance get pasted - both by you, and the Destroyer. She even lampshaded it in the Salt Flats: "The Lance is in for a nasty surprise when they open the Vault, and a harsh lesson." So whoever she works for, it's pretty obvious she hates Atlas.

3) Yes, as far as anyone knows.

That begs the question - can it be killed? The GA says its invulnerable in its home dimension, but weak on ours once it takes a host. Does killing it "take," or did we just push it back into hammerspace to rejuvenate? I'm assuming that something similar happened 200 years ago, given that there's still a universe and all, but maybe the rubes who beat it back last time weren't using our caliber of firepower.

5) I don't see the link there, although Marcus said she DID have some source of off-world supplies. However, Tannis was employed by the Dahl Corporation before they withdrew from Pandora, so if she was working for Hyperion as well then that's a whole mess waiting to happen.

The links are subtle, but there. The GA experiences sensation through the ECHO network - Tannis helped create it. Throughout the game she seems to be arguing with someone that nobody else can see, including in her reference to her "two-timing ECHO recorder" and in the instructions she gives you to reactivate the ECHO system. The GA itself trusts her with the Vault Key at the end of the game.

Like I said, it's subtle, but I definitely think they have a connection.

6) To "keep it safe", although given how badly the Vault area got trashed I'm not sure it could even be used again.

Given that the gate practically rebuilt itself from fragments after Steele used the key, I don't think the area getting trashed will have much effect going forward. I also don't see how Tannis can keep the key safe on her own, unless she has some assistance from the GA in doing so. (See above.)

7) ???

My reaction exactly, though the wiki seems to think there may have been an ECHO communication device of some kind on the bus, though that still begs the question of how she got her communique past the driver.

Of course, there could also be implants of some kind in the protagonist(s) - "Chosen One" and all that. (It would also be a convenient way of explaining why the New-U stations only work for you and none of the other perma-dead baddies, similar to the (Bioshock spoiler) DNA-coded resurrection chambers in Rapture.

Hopefully this will be addressed in Borderlands 2.

8) It's pretty good, yes...it has tons of creepy atmosphere and loads of zombies to kill. Bit short, maybe, and you don't want to do it in the middle of a playthrough because that then means you'll be massively overlevelled for the subsequent quests.

Well, since I've cleared the main campaign, this might be an enjoyable way to reach 50 without redoing content in the New Game +, so I think we'll give it a whirl. :smallsmile:

9) Don't remember that!

She says it when your first claptrap gets injured by the gate leading out of Fyrestone. Raised the hairs on the back of both our necks, it did.

factotum
2009-12-14, 01:34 PM
I choose to believe that the satellite was put in place however many hundreds of years ago by benevolent alien species #3031874

Unfortunately the satellite has the Hyperion corporation logo on it, and its serial number (4N631) is clearly in English lettering (and equally clearly meant to look like "Angel"). So, unless some painters with a really awful job had to go up and repaint it, it's not of alien origin.

Optimystik
2009-12-14, 01:41 PM
Note that this doesn't mean the Angel herself is not alien - merely that the satellite she lives on isn't. In fact, the Hyperions could have discovered/incorporated Eridian technology (or vice-versa!) some time before the Angel was housed there.

factotum
2009-12-14, 04:26 PM
Not convinced the Angel would have appeared human in that case. I don't know if her tale will be told in a DLC or if we'll have to wait for Borderlands 2 to find out!

Stormthorn
2009-12-14, 08:50 PM
What IS the Guardian Angel anyway? Is she an AI? If so, whose - the corporations, or the aliens?
Her logo seems to be branded on a Hyperion satellite in the ending cutscene. She relies on Dahl's ECHO network. Atlas was trying to break into the Vault. Were we just embroiled in a competition between corporations all along?
Is the whole point of the Vault simply to keep that... thing locked inside?
Were those alien things trying to stop us near the end Eridians?
What's the deal with Tannis? Is she connected to the Guardian Angel in some way?
What's the point of giving the Key to Tannis at the end? She handed us a paltry sum and basically a pat on the head. "Thanks for your help! Enjoy New Game+. Roll credits!"
If the GA depends on the ECHO network, how did she communicate with us at the beginning before we got an ECHO device?
Has anyone else gotten the Zombie Island DLC yet? Is it any good?
Did the "Would you kindly" at the beginning of the game freak anyone else out?

1. Yes, and AI. Probably from the Hyperion corp, although they themselves might actualy be aliens.

2. Probably.

3. I believe so. I also have a sinking suspicion that what you fought was just its head and it hadnt fully emerged yet. Their might ALSO be cool stuff inside. We wont know until it opens again in another few centuries.

4. Probably some sort of cyborg clones or something. If they were the real deal they would probably simply retake the planet.

5. She's crazy. Ignore her.

6. Just to make sure the lose end of the key was all tied up. Tannis is crazy enough to break it back apart.

7. Note that she still talks to you after the network goes down. She also specificly states at that time that the problem is she cant see you when its down. So presumably the satallite has its own direct-to-brain feed.

8. I got it. Its good. It even has a little bit more plot than the main game and you get to see an armed claptrap.

9. ...maybe a little....:smallredface:

Eldariel
2009-12-14, 09:05 PM
One theory is that the Angel is pretty much an AI programmed by Tannis to find off-world help when she realized she can't finish it all herself. She clearly had something to do with the Angel; I recall there's a piece of paper in the game to be found that she seems to have directed at the Angel, for example (it appears the Angel cannot really hear what's going on, so visual communication seems to be the logical thing).

And yeah, the ending left a bit to be desired. Also, I woulda warned against XP scalers if I could; I found myself wishing I could de-level to make the game a challenge after...like Sledge's Safehouse on playthrough 1.

Shas aia Toriia
2009-12-14, 09:27 PM
Eldariel, you're thinking of the scene in Crimson Fastness with instructions to bring back the ECHO net. Presumably she was talking (and arguing) with the Angel.

But yeah, I found the whole plot to be kind of weak. Loved the game though.

Stormthorn
2009-12-14, 10:17 PM
One theory is that the Angel is pretty much an AI programmed by Tannis to find off-world help when she realized she can't finish it all herself. She clearly had something to do with the Angel; I recall there's a piece of paper in the game to be found that she seems to have directed at the Angel, for example (it appears the Angel cannot really hear what's going on, so visual communication seems to be the logical thing).

And yeah, the ending left a bit to be desired. Also, I woulda warned against XP scalers if I could; I found myself wishing I could de-level to make the game a challenge after...like Sledge's Safehouse on playthrough 1.

You dont need to de-level.
Just dont use Double Anarchy or Hellfire SMGs and dont make your hunter a bloodwing build.
Of if your really hardcore, only use weapons with the "this is crap" modifier like 'plywood' for Jakobs.

Eldariel
2009-12-15, 01:07 AM
You dont need to de-level.
Just dont use Double Anarchy or Hellfire SMGs and dont make your hunter a bloodwing build.
Of if your really hardcore, only use weapons with the "this is crap" modifier like 'plywood' for Jakobs.

My principal issue is that:
1) Collecting and using the various weapons is the fun in the game so restricting myself in that regard...doesn't sit well for me.
2) Any SMG I'm remotely comfortable with (90+% accuracy, 8+ RoF, 50+% Recoil Reduction, As High As Possible Damage) tends to be enough to make the game too easy due to the damage bonus from outleveling the targets, and defense bonus.

I mean, on my second playthrough I did eventually run into level-appropriate quests...around Crimson Fastness when the quests went level 50. Not that it were much more challenging at that point either; for some reason, the game doesn't seem to account for the increase in what your abilities and equipment can do from 30 to 50, making everything relatively much easier.

@Shas: Yeah, that's the one.

factotum
2009-12-15, 03:05 AM
I'd have to agree there...the hardest part of the entire game for me was the first half of Playthrough 2; once you get to the Rust Commons in P2 you've usually found some OMGWTFPWN weapons that make everything pretty easy. My Hunter was taking out those annoying flying Guardians on the second playthrough with 2 shots from his shock revolver!

Zombie Island of Dr. Ned does balance that out a bit--I found that to be quite challenging on a level 50 playthrough; it helps that most zombies are immune to Corrosive, which is one of the most powerful mods in the game IMHO.

Eldariel
2009-12-15, 03:56 AM
I'd have to agree there...the hardest part of the entire game for me was the first half of Playthrough 2; once you get to the Rust Commons in P2 you've usually found some OMGWTFPWN weapons that make everything pretty easy. My Hunter was taking out those annoying flying Guardians on the second playthrough with 2 shots from his shock revolver!

I didn't have any trouble at any point on playthrough 2. Hell, I went straight for the hardest quests just so I could face something level appropriate. On playthrough 1 though, I did have some trouble early on; Bonehead (went for 'er too early), Nine-Toes (don't really have much good stuff yet then), Mothrakk (and its overleveled arse) and Mad Mel (driving over me with that bloody van o' his) all caused me some headache.

On playthrough 2, only Mad Mel actually killed me (I lost the car and then one of the buggies drove over me) and that's 'cause I don't play it smart, but just drive in and get blastin'. Shooting from the sidelines makes Mad Mel easy too.

Zombie Island of Dr. Ned does balance that out a bit--I found that to be quite challenging on a level 50 playthrough; it helps that most zombies are immune to Corrosive, which is one of the most powerful mods in the game IMHO.

...my Plaguebearer Siren isn't gonna be happy.

Optimystik
2009-12-15, 09:35 AM
5. She's crazy. Ignore her.

I think that's precisely why I should be paying attention to her. "Clarity of madness" and all that. :smallwink:

6. Just to make sure the lose end of the key was all tied up. Tannis is crazy enough to break it back apart.

That doesn't tie it up at all though. That's like in WoW when you handed Kel'thuzad's phylactery to that priest and it suddenly disappeared. Things like that should be broken on the spot if you want them destroyed, not handed to the enigma.

I also noticed that the Angel never actually said "keep the Vault from opening!" Why does the Vault need to be opened, anyway? It seems like if we just kept the key broken (or better yet, actually found some way to tell people there was a Cosmic Horror inside instead of treasure) then the Sealed Evil in a Can would... stay sealed. Letting it out to stretch just so we can push it back in seems redundant.

7. Note that she still talks to you after the network goes down. She also specificly states at that time that the problem is she cant see you when its down. So presumably the satallite has its own direct-to-brain feed.

Good point, I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe she couldn't "see" you in the beginning either, until you got your ECHO device, but she still somehow knew who you were (or more simply, just knew you were an offworlder and thus a wildcard.)

It bears thinking about.

Optimystik
2009-12-15, 09:41 AM

Oh don't worry - even with our beefy exp, Old Haven and the Crimson Fastness was still very hectic. Badass Defenders especially were maddening.

I myself was rarely in serious danger - Brick soaks bullets like a freaking sponge - but Lilith's fragility still lead to nailbiting moments of charging through the streets trying to find her alley before she could bleed out. So I was never bored. And Diehard + Berserk meant I didn't even need healing kits anymore, though I still brought a couple for big emergencies.

I didn't have any trouble at any point on playthrough 2. Hell, I went straight for the hardest quests just so I could face something level appropriate. On playthrough 1 though, I did have some trouble early on; Bonehead (went for 'er too early), Nine-Toes (don't really have much good stuff yet then), Mothrakk (and its overleveled arse) and Mad Mel (driving over me with that bloody van o' his) all caused me some headache.

Nine-Toes was pretty easy for us. The rest you mentioned... :smallfurious:

Yeah. Those were not fun boss battles. Though we did celebrate when they hit the dirt.

factotum
2009-12-15, 09:46 AM
I also noticed that the Angel never actually said "keep the Vault from opening!" Why does the Vault need to be opened, anyway? It seems like if we just kept the key broken (or better yet, actually found some way to tell people there was a Cosmic Horror inside instead of treasure) then the Sealed Evil in a Can would... stay sealed.

See, right up until the bit where Tannis says she has to keep the key safe from people who would misuse it, I assumed the purpose of letting the Destroyer out was to kill it once and for all. It all got a bit murky after that!

However, you're missing the most obvious plot hole, which is this: why did the Eridians leave a key behind? What possible purpose was served by not destroying the thing as soon as they had the Destroyer imprisoned? It would have been a sight more effective than splitting the thing into chunks and hoping nobody would be able to bring them all together some day! It's not like they didn't anticipate that happening--otherwise why all the Guardians blocking the route to the Vault?

Optimystik
2009-12-15, 11:28 AM
See, right up until the bit where Tannis says she has to keep the key safe from people who would misuse it, I assumed the purpose of letting the Destroyer out was to kill it once and for all. It all got a bit murky after that!

However, you're missing the most obvious plot hole, which is this: why did the Eridians leave a key behind? What possible purpose was served by not destroying the thing as soon as they had the Destroyer imprisoned? It would have been a sight more effective than splitting the thing into chunks and hoping nobody would be able to bring them all together some day! It's not like they didn't anticipate that happening--otherwise why all the Guardians blocking the route to the Vault?

Oh, I agree, but perhaps you answered your own question - the Eridians imprisoned it but knew it would someday grow strong enough to break free on its own. While sealed away, they can't touch it, but they themselves weren't strong enough to kill it either.

The only solution therefore would be to have someone let it out early, before it could gain that much strength.

The guardians and split key would then function as a test - anyone with the firepower to recover the key fragments from across the Crapsack World, AND overcome their own guardians, would logically have the strength to do better against the Cosmic Horror than they did.

Of course, all of that falls apart if we didn't kill or at least cripple the thing. It would be nice to have some closure on that front. :smallsmile:

Breltar
2009-12-15, 02:33 PM
I also noticed that the Angel never actually said "keep the Vault from opening!" Why does the Vault need to be opened, anyway? It seems like if we just kept the key broken (or better yet, actually found some way to tell people there was a Cosmic Horror inside instead of treasure) then the Sealed Evil in a Can would... stay sealed. Letting it out to stretch just so we can push it back in seems redundant.

Possibly so that Atlas/Crimson Lance would leave Pandora alone since the horror killed Steele? Also it might just be to kill Steele, even Tannis 'hates that bitch'.

Shas aia Toriia
2009-12-15, 03:01 PM
Steele was useless. She talks to you once at the beginning of the game, and never appears again until the last boss. What the heck?

Myrmex
2009-12-15, 03:32 PM
Is "Would you kindly" from Bioshock?

Optimystik
2009-12-15, 04:25 PM
Is "Would you kindly" from Bioshock?

Yes, and I won't say more because I'd rather not spoil two games in one thread.

Possibly so that Atlas/Crimson Lance would leave Pandora alone since the horror killed Steele? Also it might just be to kill Steele, even Tannis 'hates that bitch'.

Hmmm... I doubt the loss of Steele will have the whole Atlas corporation shedding so many tears that they disband the Lance. I further doubt that Steele's death in particular was so important to the Angel that she would risk opening the Vault just to kill one person.

@Shas'aia - The reason for that, at least, is pretty obvious - make us suspect Tannis instead, especially when she vanished from her outpost and the ECHO went down.

Shas aia Toriia
2009-12-15, 05:14 PM
@Shas'aia - The reason for that, at least, is pretty obvious - make us suspect Tannis instead, especially when she vanished from her outpost and the ECHO went down.

Really? I thought it had been fairly obvious what was happening, but oh well.

factotum
2009-12-15, 05:48 PM
Hmmm... I doubt the loss of Steele will have the whole Atlas corporation shedding so many tears that they disband the Lance.

Especially since Steele introduces herself as something like commander of the 3rd brigade Space Division (I forget the exact wording)--at any rate, it's clear that she's one of several (or possibly even many) commanders at that rank in the Crimson Lance.

There's also the question of why Atlas would have much interest in Pandora. The ECHO recordings Tannis leaves around suggests Atlas became "top dog" by finding alien tech on another world somewhere, so their only interest in a hole like Pandora would presumably be the hope of getting good stuff from the Vault. Once it was revealed the Vault is nothing more than an alien prison and contains nothing of value, I think Atlas would cease to have any interest in events on Pandora.

Optimystik
2009-12-16, 06:38 AM
Really? I thought it had been fairly obvious what was happening, but oh well.

When we played, we saw the betrayal coming a mile away. But we didn't know whether Tannis had willingly sold us out or if she had been "persuaded" to cooperate withh the Lance by Steele.

Steele's absence from the game, I would wager, is to muddy that issue further. After all, you spend almost the entire game getting into Tannis' head, and learning along the way that she is both seriously unstable and the most likely person to be able to get into (or get someone ELSE into) the Vault.

There's also the question of why Atlas would have much interest in Pandora. The ECHO recordings Tannis leaves around suggests Atlas became "top dog" by finding alien tech on another world somewhere, so their only interest in a hole like Pandora would presumably be the hope of getting good stuff from the Vault. Once it was revealed the Vault is nothing more than an alien prison and contains nothing of value, I think Atlas would cease to have any interest in events on Pandora.

Interesting point - maybe the Lance will leave. Of course, we're assuming that they know the Vault has nothing of value in it.

And for a mercenary company - a highly munitions-resistant cosmic horror might be quite valuable indeed, especially one that used one of their former commanders as a host.

factotum
2009-12-16, 07:23 AM
And for a mercenary company - a highly munitions-resistant cosmic horror might be quite valuable indeed, especially one that used one of their former commanders as a host.

Er, no it didn't. It was already in its monstrous form when it killed Steele, as far as I could see...the tentacle that hit her definitely looked like the same ones as the Destroyer itself had.

Optimystik
2009-12-16, 08:08 AM
Er, no it didn't. It was already in its monstrous form when it killed Steele, as far as I could see...the tentacle that hit her definitely looked like the same ones as the Destroyer itself had.

True, but it also pulled her in immediately after emerging. Add that to the GA's comment - "It cannot survive in this reality without a host" - I'd say it consumed her first for a reason.

Otherwise, who/what was hosting it, if the Vault had just opened?

The Vault opening is here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1JXCEaTxKQ)

Breltar
2009-12-16, 09:17 AM
True, but it also pulled her in immediately after emerging. Add that to the GA's comment - "It cannot survive in this reality without a host" - I'd say it consumed her first for a reason.

The Vault opening is here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1JXCEaTxKQ)

It ate her after it was already partially out of the portal so I would think that is a stretch. I think it consumed her because she was the first one within sight and also the one that opened the vault thus a threat to close it up.

I still think that the Angel wanted the vault opened so that Atlas would leave pandora alone. It had to cost a lot more than it gained to send down the lance, set up a base and be harassed by Eridian guardians, only to find out that the vault is just a prison for a giant alien menace.

Perhaps in a sequel or DLC we will find out that Pandora holds other treasures besides the vault and that is what Hyperion was after? I mean there were other alien sites like the one in the Dahl Headlands, so perhaps Tannis is reserved for further storylines on Pandora?

factotum
2009-12-16, 09:47 AM

Yes, but that video clearly shows the Destroyer had three tentacles out before grabbing Steele, and it then apparently ate her without any obvious change in form. If it was using her as a host, how was it alive outside the vault long enough to do that?

Optimystik
2009-12-16, 01:24 PM
It ate her after it was already partially out of the portal so I would think that is a stretch. I think it consumed her because she was the first one within sight and also the one that opened the vault thus a threat to close it up.

Yes, but that video clearly shows the Destroyer had three tentacles out before grabbing Steele, and it then apparently ate her without any obvious change in form. If it was using her as a host, how was it alive outside the vault long enough to do that?

I disagree, and here's why:

The GA said "in this reality, it cannot survive without a host." That's not quite the same as saying "It will vaporize instantly upon emerging if it doesn't have a host." I cannot survive underwater without an oxygen tank, but that doesn't mean I drown the instant I dive in.

So it emerges, and in the small window before it would die, grabs and swallows the keybearer, thus ensuring it can survive in our dimension - but also making itself vulnerable.

I still think that the Angel wanted the vault opened so that Atlas would leave pandora alone. It had to cost a lot more than it gained to send down the lance, set up a base and be harassed by Eridian guardians, only to find out that the vault is just a prison for a giant alien menace.

But you're assuming they found out. It's not like any of the Lance soldiers there had time to say "OH SHI-" before they got squashed and impaled. From Atlas' perspective, the Vault opened and they lost contact with their ground forces. The only corporation we can say for certain knows was actually went down is Hyperion. Even Dahl might not know (despite the ECHO network) since they pulled out of the planet.

Perhaps in a sequel or DLC we will find out that Pandora holds other treasures besides the vault and that is what Hyperion was after? I mean there were other alien sites like the one in the Dahl Headlands, so perhaps Tannis is reserved for further storylines on Pandora?

I would settle for some closure where the main characters are concerned. Where is Brick's sister? Does Roland rejoin the Lance, or form his own unit? Did Lilith find anyone like herself? Will Mordecai learn to love? Anything, damn.

Stormthorn
2009-12-18, 04:07 PM
That Zombie Island mod brings in some difficulty if your on 2+ playthrough. Many types of zombies are level 51 (so you can never outlevel them) and corrosive doesnt work and every zombie has a ranged vomit that slows you down.
Level 51 Defilers are murder.
Oh, and when your down the zombies can hit you to make your bar drop faster.

Only part thats easy is the were-scags since they have like a 500% weakness to fire. My and my friend went through that island i had a Volcano and he had a Hellfire.

Of course, if you dont carry fire weapons the quest with four boss werescags can get...tough.

Eldariel
2009-12-18, 07:00 PM
I would settle for some closure where the main characters are concerned. Where is Brick's sister? Does Roland rejoin the Lance, or form his own unit? Did Lilith find anyone like herself? Will Mordecai learn to love? Anything, damn.

Well, it's theorized that Steele was the Siren Lilith was looking for (based on the tattoos). So that string seems to be a bit lost...unless those speculations turn out to be wrong.

Optimystik
2009-12-21, 01:07 PM
Well, it's theorized that Steele was the Siren Lilith was looking for (based on the tattoos). So that string seems to be a bit lost...unless those speculations turn out to be wrong.

I took another look at Lilith and you're right, the tattoos are very similar. Tsk tsk, I suppose.

Playing through Zombie Island now (downloaded it yesterday.) No doubt I'll have more questions at the end of that than answers also...