PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Episode: Did your character get a santa hat?

Barmacral
2009-12-14, 11:12 AM
So, last night at the beginning of the D&D session for my gaming group (we play weekly on Sunday's) we determined that this will be the last session until January. As such, myself (Ultimate Magus) and the Warforged Duskblade in the group decided that we wanted Santa hats. We were willing to completely derail the plot (which, we have a pretty good idea of how its going to go) in order to find a hat, while in the middle of the forest.

Idea number one: Skin the Ranger's War Horse, have the cleric heal it, and dye the skinned hair red and make a bunch of hats out of it. *Note* The ranger was not on board with the idea, and neither was the cleric. We got talked out of it.

Idea number two: We saw a brass dragon, so the warforged charged full tilt at the dragon (we have a brass half-dragon / half giant in our group, who was ready to kill us over this), stop just short and ask the dragon if he had santa hats available to us.

We were also ready to go hunting for the nearest bit of civilization, but this is about when the DM decided to just give us the hats... creatively. The group of us were wandering down the road contemplating how to get ourselves hats when a Dire Shark appeared out of the sky, fell on the group and swallowed the half dragon whole (he botched on his reflex save). We promptly killed it, cut it open so the dragon could get out, and found five corpses inside the belly with him who all had Santa Hats on.

The official explanation was the santa hats were a cultural hat for a group of beings on another plane, and they had been swimming when the shark ate them. Later a group of adventurers planar shifted the shark away from them because it was going after them, and it happened to randomly appear in the air above us.

So, your turn, how far are you willing to get your Santa hats for your christmas special session?

Glimbur
2009-12-14, 11:38 AM
I would recommend hunting down some Red Caps and stealing their hats. This will probably be a mortal insult, so it's more fun to not kill them. That way you can be pursued by vengeful Fey creatures.