PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Monsters Fighting Team Go! IC

Malfunctioned
2009-12-14, 03:14 PM
The year is 2029. The place is New Point City, Australia. You are the bonded. Today seems like just another day in the australian outback, almost unbearably hot and dry with one or two small clouds just about visible. It is near noon with the sun directly overhead and many people, mostly researchers, are busy about the city despite the heat.

The Rider
The canyon brings back memories of everything that has happened to you since the impact 50 years ago. You should of died that day but instead you lived a life that hadn't even crossed your mind before everything happened. As you sit reminiscing you hear a large explosion coming from the west. Coming from the city.

Jack
Today was as good as any day to start your investigations into the mistreatment of Promies and Spirims. From your viewpoint on top of a small group of office buildings you can see almost every point of the campus. Your vision shows you large groups of people milling about the research centre but nothing truely unusual. That is until an explosion blows a hole in the northern wall of the main labs.

Aldric
This room was nothing like advertised or at least nothing like what you are used to. The bed was hardly what you would call soft and to top it off there was almost no room for Legion either. Certainly not luxury. After you hear a particularly loud booming sound coming from outside the window you can't help but notice a rather large hole in one side of one of the largest buildings of the research centre.

Seth
Another day in another school, at least in the last one you were the only person in your year with a Spirim, in this one at least 5 other children have them and they are all kept in a seperate enclosure from the rest of the school, far enough away that your powers are shut down. As your teachers drone on and on you attention begins to drift outside, towards the gleaming glass and steel towers of the Solancorp Protomorph and Spirit Monster Research Centre. Your attention also drifts towards the fact that there seem to be hundreds of people running and screaming around the buildings and you are almost certain that there is not normally smoke pouring out of the buildings either.

bladesmith
2009-12-14, 05:15 PM
Seth leaned back in his chair as Mr. Clark kept going, making the concepts of sine, cosine, and tangent as boring as humanly possible. Even among the other teachers, Seth’s trigonometry teacher had the honor of having put him to sleep the most. His monotone voice drifted over the class in a comforting lullaby, assuring Seth that he wasn’t actually missing anything by not listening, and the warm sun drifting through the windows and igniting the airborne dust motes had the same effect on the teenager as it might have on a cat. Seth’s pencil drifted across the top of his fingers in a practiced motion, completely ignoring the spiral notebook that lay open, and obviously empty in front of him. As he began drifting off, his head rolled lazily towards the window, his unfocused eyes drifting over the desert for a moment before some small alarm went off in his brain.

Something was wrong. There was way too much activity in the street for the middle of the day, and an odd gray blur drifted through the sky above the research center. Focusing immediately, he jerked himself ramrod straight in his chair and took in the situation in an instant, his eyes widening immediately, his mouth dropping open in astonishment.

“Oh, scheiße." Seth muttered to himself, setting down his pencil as he levered himself from behind the school desk. He did announce his conclusions to the rest of the class, though.
"The research center is on fire!"

Racing from the room, Seth shoved his way past the other students that were beginning to push towards the windows, trying to catch a glimpse of what was going on. He had to get to Yoshi, and get down to the center, fast. He had to make sure that Mom, Dad, and Rea were alright. Rushing out the doors of the school, the warm air hit him like the heat off a blow torch, but he didn't let it slow him down as his sneakers slapped down on the red dirt, sprinting towards the enclosure where Yoshi would be.

Malfunctioned
2009-12-14, 06:07 PM
As Seth reaches the walled-off enclosure he is suddenly blocked by a short, middle aged and stuffily dressed woman with hair bunched up so tightly in a bun that it seems the band holding it in place will snap off at any moment.

"What are you doing here now?" She glared at Seth "You know full well that you can't have access to your...beast....until an hour after last period. Now head back to class!"

bladesmith
2009-12-14, 07:03 PM
Seth stopped short, controlling his breathing and summoning every bit of courtesy he could as he spoke to her, his voice urgent.

“Look, Ms…” What was her name again? “Look, the research center is on fire, and I need to get there fast, and I’m taking Yoshi with me. I’d prefer if you opened the cage, but I need to get to Yoshi. Now.”

Seth ran his hand through his hair in frustration, sending the spiky mass all over for a second before it sprung back up. He really didn't need this delay at the moment. Breaking eye contact for a moment, he tried to see where she would be keeping the key. Maybe he could just swipe it if she wouldn’t let him by.

Malfunctioned
2009-12-14, 07:14 PM
"Well I'm sorry but I haven't heard anything and I'm quite sure I would of if there was such a fire. Now head back to class before I have to call the headmaster!"

DC:10 Search Check
You can see a small blue keycard by the desk which you assume will allow you access to the Spirim enclosure.

Matar
2009-12-14, 08:08 PM
Jack licked his lips at the potential excitement. He could feel his Dear Friend squirming on him. They had a fine, bloody rare steak the day before... but nothing so far. Who knows, maybe he'd be able to enjoy a meal of the more... lively sort.

He moved quickly down the fire escape for the building. Lucky for him, it was on the side of the building where the research center was in front of. He wasn't the fastest thing on two legs, but he made his way down quickly enough. Once he made his way off the building he began to walk towards the flames with a quick stride.

'400 feet...' Jack's mind quickly thought of the best way to approach the situation. 'Close enough for my Dear Friend to reach, far enough to keep me safe and see what's going on...'. Jack's Dear Friend squirmed in agreement.

Once within range, assuming nothing else of note happens, he will began to scout out the area with with his Crimson Eye, as well as having his Dear Friend help him out.

Notice Check for Pet: [roll0]
Notice Check for Jack: [roll1]

Malfunctioned
2009-12-14, 08:41 PM
Matar
Through a fourth floor window you can see that most of the people there aren't trying to exit the building, merely standing still.

bladesmith
2009-12-14, 09:33 PM
"Okay, fine. But please, let me know if you hear anything, alright?"
Seth turned away, mentally scowling at himself. He hated lying, but her really hoped to catch her off guard and run around her, rather then have to push past her.

Either way, he only half-turned before whipping around and sprinting past the woman, reaching for the blue key card.
Bluff check: [roll0]

NamelessOne
2009-12-14, 10:19 PM
Mitchell Yuudai

“It's funny, you know?” The man said as he sat on the edge of the Canyon. “All those years ago, I never would have considered that I would be sitting here. Back then, I would have probably been assuming that by now I would have settled down and you have a family of my own... Probably would have had Grandkids by now if things had gone the way I wanted them to...”

The man's facial features appeared to signify that he was of Japanese descent though, his brown hair and blue eyes said differently. He was dressed in a pair of jeans, a simple white tee shirt, and a brown leather jacket. In the grass beside him lay a tiny white cat, with black stripes along its body like those of a tiger. Behind the pair stood a motorcycle, which was kept up by a rather mundane kickstand. The Motorcycle itself though was far form mundane. The motorcycle was a pure white, and looked sleeker and more advanced than anything presently available to even the richest playboy. The Shape of the bike even seemed to look similar to that of a Tiger.

“Still... I gotta say that I'm surprised that this is the first time I've ever brought you here Tora. In all seriousness, this is essentially where You and all your kind where born.” The man reaches down and scratches the tiny feline between his ears. “Its changed so much... Once it was a plateau the stretched up towards the heavens... now it is a chasm that breeds life in the depths.”

Before he could continue his speech to his feline companion, a massive explosion ripped through the air coming form the direction of the City. The man sprang to his feet and sighed. “Well, I can't say I'm surprised... It was such a peaceful day too.” He shrugs to his companion, before entering a Strange Stance.

“HENSHIN!”

The Man began to enact a series of strange movements. As he did so, his body changed. His body became encased in a strange white armored suit that covered his entire body. A strange helmet resembling the face of a tiger appeared around his head.

The small feline named Tora vanished form its place in the grass, and appeared on the seat of the motorcycle and gave a small meow. The Masked man looked towards the feline and lept atop the motorcycle. “Looks like its time to get to work.”

And with that, the Motorcycle, Rider and Feline were gone.

OOC:

Present Forms

Mitchell: HENSHIN! Form
Tora: Out of Mech
Byakko: Motorcycle Form

I assume that 50,000 MPH Is fast enough to get my character to the city pretty darn fast.

I took 10 on my Acrobatics check to activate my HENSHIN! power, so I am heading into the City in my Armored form.

Matar
2009-12-15, 12:09 AM
Matar
Through a fourth floor window you can see that most of the people there aren't trying to exit the building, merely standing still.

A smile crossed Jack's face. His Dear Friend squirmed and moved across his flesh, making his clothing move as if being blown by an unseen wind.

Keeping an eye out for danger, Jack began walking towards the building. Not to the hole in the wall, but towards a door. Hopefully he would be able to find the stairs and make his way up to the fourth floor.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-15, 04:21 AM
Aldric smiled as the explosion went off, his previously sour mood dissapating. Prior to this, he'd been considering doing some rather drastic things to the Hotel that most would call an abuse of his wealth and position. However, the explosion promised to be a excellent distraction.

If it is interesting enough, I might not see to it that the staff is fired. Might.

"Legion... head down there, if you wouldn't mind. If it is interesting enough, I'll join you. If not, have fun."

Aldric walked over to the Window, taking a sip of the 21 Year Old Scotch and examining the faces below for anyone counting as 'interesting.' Meanwhile, Legion began the process of climbing down the side of the building, the creatures form just appearing to ooze down. If Aldric wanted to get down there, he had other options.

Aldric is examining people, triggering his "Well-informed" Feat. The GM can make the Gather Information Rolls, so I don't know how many people there are to miss.

Legion takes 10 on his climb check, giving him a 30, which should be enough to climb down the building.

Malfunctioned
2009-12-15, 08:36 AM
Aldric
You can't see anyone notable from your hotel room. Legion reaches the ground and continues to ooze over to the centre.

Jack
You come across a fire exit that seems untouched by the hordes of people rushing out of every other exit. You also see no change in the behaviour of the occupants of the fourth floor.

Mitchell
Travelling at break-neck speed you soon reach the centre, a large amount of smoke is pouring out of the building whilst researchers and visitors from the centre part to allow you access. A few of them point at you and whisper to others.

Seth
"Don't you think for even a second that I'm going to let you...." The womans ranting is suddenly stopped by the phone on her desk ringing. "...I see....Right here.....surely I shouldn't.....very well, though I assure you I will not be held responsible for any damage to schoool buildings." She looks directly at you, narrowing her eyes "I'm letting you off this once, take your beast and check on your family. That. Is. All." She takes the card off of the desk and swipes it against a concealed scanner on the wall. After a couple of seconds a section of the walls swings outwards to reveal Yoshi standing in a smaller fenced off section.

bladesmith
2009-12-15, 01:14 PM
Seth let out a heavy sigh of relief as the woman opened the door for him, rather then him having to do it himself. While he had his priorities, he wasn’t relishing the trouble he would be getting in afterwards. Seth dashed into the enclosure, spouting his thanks. Screeching to a stop, he popped open the gate to Yoshi’s area, yelling at his friend.

“Get your butt up and out here, you lazy bum! We’ve got stuff to do!”

No sooner had he said that then the large spirim slid through the gate, barely making it through the door, his slender arm shoving it open the rest of the way.

“I heard you the first time.” Yoshi’s raspy bass voice filled the interior of the enclosure. “Get on.”

Seth couldn’t help a half-smile as he swung halfway up onto his spirim, waiting until they had cleared the front door before hauling himself the rest of the way up. They looked a rather odd pair, the boy with his spiky hair and casual clothing, toothpick jutting out at an odd angle, while his spirim, reminiscent of a long legged T-rex, stood only coated in alligator-like armor plating, his green and steel-blue scales standing distinctly against the desert. But they didn’t stand there for long to let the caretaker wonder at the spectacle.

“I’ll try and have him back for the next period.” Yoshi assured her, with an upward twist of his reptilian lips.

Then they were gone, a cloud of dust running ahead of a string of giant, four-toed footprints.

Matar
2009-12-15, 04:20 PM
A gentle smile covers Jack's lips as he gives a soft laugh. "Well then, my Dear Friend. How about helping us climb this?"

Silently, the mass of blood red tentacles slid out from under Jack's clothing. With practiced ease they wrapped themselves around the fire escape and quickly lifted Jack up to the fourth floor.

Once on the fourth floor he quickly made his way to where the explosion took place, as well as having his Dear Friend slid back into his clothing. He would stop at the corner before confronting whoever was at the explosion... listening in and watching them with his Crimson Eye.

Malfunctioned
2009-12-16, 02:41 PM
Jack can obviously hear that some sort of hostage situation is taking place. A male voice can be heard shouting orders at people, most of what he is saying is obscured by the sounds of fire alarms and flames. You can make out a few words though.

....Samples.....bring me...thought wrong...her....Rea.....Zarok.....crush." But anything more than that would be guesswork.

Matar
2009-12-16, 05:45 PM
Jack didn't move from his spot. Charging out in the middle of a group of people like that was never the best idea. Instead he made his Dear Friend move up to the ceiling and destroy a near-by lightbulb. With any luck, the sudden loss of light would alert them. With all this fire going on it wouldn't be too shocking for a light to pop, so with any luck they would only send one person to check it out.

...Hopefully.

NamelessOne
2009-12-16, 06:01 PM
The Rider nodded to the gathered researchers and visitors as they split and began to spread apart clearing an open path to the Building before him. A unseen grin appeared across his lips underneath the White Helmet.

<The More things change, the more they stay the same.> The Riders thought as he peeked down at the small Feline sitting on the seat in front of him. <Seems they haven't forgotten about me here after all these years...> Tora looked up at the man and gave a small mew as nodded.

Without a word, the man revved up the motorcycle and drove it forward straight towards the building... And Straight UP it towards the hole left form the explosion.

OOC:

Forms are the same.

The <> are thoughts.

Wall Crawling 3 + Speed 12 + Motorcycle = Epic

Malfunctioned
2009-12-18, 03:47 AM
Jack
A few heads snap around as the lightbulb smashes against the tentacle however the kidnappers must have either been to focused on the job at hand or just not observant enough to notice.

Seth
Seth and Yoshi soon arrive at the centre, Yoshi having to tread carefully to avoid any collisions with the massive crowd. They can see large amounts of people just standing near the hole of the fourth floor.

Mitchell
Despite your familiarity with the centre you cannot spot anyone that really does recognise you, not personally anyway. As the bike screams along the side of the building (At maximum awesomitude as well) something small catches the corner of your eye.

Mitchell DC:20 Notice Check
Out of the corner of your eye you can see what appears to be a large purple starfish through the hole but it quickly darts out of view.

Matar
2009-12-18, 04:50 AM
Jack stops himself from swearing. No one was coming to check things out. He would have to wait then. Something was bound to come along and offer a distraction.

And if nothing came along? Well, he'd have to find a way to handle it himself... with the help of his Dear Friend, of course.

bladesmith
2009-12-18, 01:57 PM
Yoshi carefully picked his way towards the building as fast as he could while Seth balanced on top of him, using the height advantage to frantically scan the crowd for his parents and sister. He called out constantly, hoping that his voice would reach them, even if he didn't see them.
If he doesn't see anything on the ground, or get a response from his yelling as he gets closer to the building, Seth will reach down to tap someone on the shoulder(particularly if he recognizes them.
"Hey, have you seen any of the Dr. Daisuke's[or Mom, Dad, and Rea if he knows the person]?"

OOC: I'm not going to be around this weekend, so assuming I get to the side of the building unhindered/ learn that my family are still inside, Yoshi leaps most of the way up the building, climbing the last 10 feet or so in case the floor inside is unstable.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-18, 04:20 PM
Aldric sighed, and shrugged. If he wanted to ascertain what was going on down there, he would have to go down, evidently.

"Oh well."

Aldric nodded, teleporting down to the ground, beside Legion's form.

"Let's go see what is going on."

Aldric took another sip from his glass of Scotch, walking toward the large hole in the building, intending to enter through it.