PDA

View Full Version : Now I've seen everything....

Tavar
2009-12-14, 08:54 PM
Okay, just recently I saw the most bizarre thing: it's a relatively new store, that sells, of all possible things, water. That's it, just plain water in those jugs you use with office water coolers. Anyone know how this is a legitimate business?

llamamushroom
2009-12-14, 08:58 PM
You, sir, have obviously never been to Adelaide. Basically, it is the city at the bottom of Australia, and at the end of it's biggest river. A river which has all the various effluvia of many cities and towns floating in it.

No matter how good your filter is, Adelaide water counts as some kind of chemical weapon. That's why my aunt only drinks the water she buys in office-cooler type things.

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-14, 09:08 PM
Well, that's how it's been in the last decade or so, If I'm not mistaken. Yes you now must pay for water. They made a movie about that. "Flow"

Soon, we're going to have to pay for reproduction, and oxygen...

EDIT: You have not seen everything. Have you seen two parallel lines crossing over? How about a 11-Dimensional cube? A monkey riding a flying fish through a wall while a creature comepletely undescribable watches?

Anuan
2009-12-14, 09:58 PM
You have not seen everything. Have you seen two parallel lines crossing over? How about a 11-Dimensional cube? A monkey riding a flying fish through a wall while a creature comepletely undescribable watches?

Yes, no, yes, I breed and train them!

Mystic Muse
2009-12-14, 10:17 PM
"oh really? have you seen a man eat his own head?"

Project_Mayhem
2009-12-14, 10:18 PM
"oh really? have you seen a man eat his own head?"

Bugger, you got there first

madtinker
2009-12-14, 10:19 PM
Well, that's how it's been in the last decade or so, If I'm not mistaken. Yes you now must pay for water. They made a movie about that. "Flow"

EDIT: You have not seen everything. Have you seen two parallel lines crossing over? How about a 11-Dimensional cube? A monkey riding a flying fish through a wall while a creature comepletely undescribable watches?

Ever been to Armenia? You can't leave until you pay an air tax for breathing.

Mystic Muse
2009-12-14, 10:21 PM
Bugger, you got there first

I've never even seen the movie or show or whatever the quote is related to.:smallamused:

yay I'm a ninja!

zeratul
2009-12-14, 10:59 PM

Technically you can pay for both of those things already, you just don't have to. Then again who wouldn't? What's more fun than a night of oxygen tanks and hookers? :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2009-12-15, 02:42 AM
Soon, we're going to have to pay for reproduction, and oxygen...You mean you guys don't pay for air (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_bar)?

Eldan
2009-12-15, 06:11 AM
Well, we pay for tap water, at least. Of course, you're still free to try and survive river/ rain water.

Project_Mayhem
2009-12-15, 11:29 AM
I've never even seen the movie or show or whatever the quote is related to.:smallamused:

yay I'm a ninja!

Aww the shame. Outmanoeuvred by one who has never seen Team America

smellie_hippie
2009-12-15, 11:52 AM
Aww the shame. Outmanoeuvred by one who has never seen Team America

Can you be outmaneuvered by someone who wishes they could unsee Team America? :smalltongue:

Totally Guy
2009-12-15, 12:03 PM
Can you be outmaneuvered by someone who wishes they could unsee Team America? :smalltongue:

There's a Salad Fingers cartoon where he eats his own head. Can I unsee that?

Dvil
2009-12-15, 12:52 PM
...Have you seen two parallel lines crossing over?...

What if they're on different planes? Granted, the others are good examples, but lines on different planes can pass each other and still be parallel.

Project_Mayhem
2009-12-15, 08:04 PM

No, because they aren't real. If you didn't like Team America, I will personally send you a notarized certificate confirming you do not exist

AtomicKitKat
2009-12-15, 08:14 PM
What if they're on different planes? Granted, the others are good examples, but lines on different planes can pass each other and still be parallel.

I'll do you one better. Take a sphere an ellipsoid(elongated sphere, or a sphere with a cylinder in the middle). Now, draw a line bisecting it all the way around. Congratulations, you now have 2 parallel lines(along the cylinder portion) that meet(at the sphere portions).:smalltongue:

Lioness
2009-12-15, 08:32 PM
You, sir, have obviously never been to Adelaide. Basically, it is the city at the bottom of Australia, and at the end of it's biggest river. A river which has all the various effluvia of many cities and towns floating in it.

No matter how good your filter is, Adelaide water counts as some kind of chemical weapon. That's why my aunt only drinks the water she buys in office-cooler type things.

It's not that bad...

Then again, I've been raised on it.

Maybe that's what's wrong with me...

Phae Nymna
2009-12-15, 08:51 PM
Have you seen two parallel lines crossing over?

http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/gnn_images/whats_a_genome/crossing_over.jpg

Why yes, yes I have.

EDIT: *ba-dum CRASH*

Maximum Zersk
2009-12-15, 08:54 PM
Nobody proves the 11th Dimensional Cube, yet, though.

Still, knowing you guys, you probably will. :smalltongue:

And by oxygen, I meant needing to buy it. If we pollute the atmosphere so much, it's going to come to that.

Suzuro
2009-12-15, 09:02 PM
Actually, I could prove the 11th dimension cube, but, well, it requires power series and I really don't have infinite space to use.....Yeeeeah...calculus does that....

-Suzuro

llamamushroom
2009-12-15, 10:06 PM
No, because they aren't real. If you didn't like Team America, I will personally send you a notarized certificate confirming you do not exist

So, I'm not real because the first time I saw Team America it was the "uncut" version?

Don't watch it. *twitch* The horror. *twitch*

Project_Mayhem
2009-12-15, 10:48 PM
So, I'm not real because the first time I saw Team America it was the "uncut" version?

Don't watch it. *twitch* The horror. *twitch*

Uncut? what's different?

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-12-15, 10:55 PM
Uncut? what's different?

They, um... include the "sex scene" that was cut from the theatrical release.

Yeah.

Eldan
2009-12-16, 08:57 AM
The sex scene was out in the theatrical version?
What's so bad about that one? That scene was mildly boring and not funny, but not much else.

Project_Mayhem
2009-12-16, 09:00 AM
Oh right - the uncut version would be the proper version. That is lulzy.

Froogleyboy
2009-12-18, 07:57 PM
Team America has to be THE stupidest movie I have EVER seen

Solaris
2009-12-18, 08:03 PM
Team America has to be THE stupidest movie I have EVER seen

It's certainly the stupidest movie I've never seen.
And I never will.

RandomNPC
2009-12-18, 10:09 PM
hey team america is good. for bad movie night.

I too have seen things that do not exist. has anyone seen a fantasy drawing?

Tawmis
2009-12-18, 11:42 PM
Okay, just recently I saw the most bizarre thing: it's a relatively new store, that sells, of all possible things, water. That's it, just plain water in those jugs you use with office water coolers. Anyone know how this is a legitimate business?

Don't you worry too much! (http://www.sphere.com/nation/article/sales-of-bottled-water-are-down/19287451)

Tawmis
2009-12-18, 11:45 PM
On the subject of TEAM AMERICA...

TEAM AMERICA movie for the lose, TEAM AMERICA comic (http://marvel.wikia.com/Comics:Team_America_Vol_1) for the win!