PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a race with ancestry in the lower planes that dose not have a hit to Cha

Giegue
2009-12-14, 11:25 PM
The title says it all. I am looking for a race that has ancestry in the lower planes that dose not take a hit to charisma and has no LA, so anything tiefling related is out. The reason is because I want to play with the conduit of the lower planes as a PC but since the class is charisma reliant, do not want to take a hit to charisma. So, do any of you know a race that can have ancestry in the lower planes that dose not take a hit to charisma and dose not have LA?

If no such race exists, could one give me ideas on how to homebrew it?

Darrin
2009-12-14, 11:58 PM
The title says it all. I am looking for a race that has ancestry in the lower planes that dose not take a hit to charisma and has no LA, so anything tiefling related is out. The reason is because I want to play with the conduit of the lower planes as a PC but since the class is charisma reliant, do not want to take a hit to charisma. So, do any of you know a race that can have ancestry in the lower planes that dose not take a hit to charisma and dose not have LA?

Hellbred (Spirit Aspect), Fiendish Codex II. +2 Cha, -2 Con. And if the racial abilities annoy you (like the no resurrection thing), Dragonborn of Bahumat can fix you up for only 100 GP. No more free Devil's Favor, though.

Star Elf is extraplanar... not explicitly infernal, but could be fluffed (maybe mom was a little too adventurous?).

Spellscale also gets a Cha bonus... maybe infernal dragon ancestry?

You can also add +2 Cha/-2 Wis to any race with the Magic-Blooded template (Dragon #306, check the 3.0 templates on Crystalkeep for details). You can even add these onto a race with an existing Cha bonus for +4 Cha at 1st level, zero LA.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-15, 12:00 AM
If no such race exists, could one give me ideas on how to homebrew it?
Take the stats for Aasimar or lesser Aasimar and change the abilities and energy resistances for a more fiendish flavor.

Oslecamo
2009-12-15, 03:39 AM
Take the stats for Aasimar or lesser Aasimar and change the abilities and energy resistances for a more fiendish flavor.

Even easier, play human and reflavor it! All the power, zero drawbacks!

[/end sarcasm]

Hellbred+magic blooded is good.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-12-15, 04:30 AM
Magic-Blooded (http://crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.0Index-Templates.pdf) (page 15) is +0 LA and gives +2 Cha, and you can flavor the source of their powers however you want.

Kaiyanwang
2009-12-15, 04:33 AM
Magic-Blooded (http://crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.0Index-Templates.pdf) (page 15) is +0 LA and gives +2 Cha, and you can flavor the source of their powers however you want.

So a magic blooded star elf is +4 cha? Nice!

Prime32
2009-12-15, 04:46 AM
There are "lesser" versions of the planetouched races which are LA +0 but lose the Outsider type.

In Tome, aasimar are descended from beautiful outsiders rather than good ones.

You could also take some Fiendish Heritage feats, a Fiendish Bloodline, or warlock levels. Or some combination of the three.

So a magic blooded star elf is +4 cha? Nice!IIRC it's also -2 Wis.

Kaiyanwang
2009-12-15, 04:52 AM
IIRC it's also -2 Wis.

You are right - I explained badly. I was referring to the mere bonus. +4 is huge, only orcs, wild elves and few others can get a +4 on a stat with LA +0.

And -2 wis +4 cha makes great bards :smallwink:

Eldan
2009-12-15, 06:04 AM
I have several homebrew planetouched races linked in my signature. The Stormborn is Pandemonium-derived and has a charisma bonus.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-15, 07:28 AM
Even easier, play human and reflavor it! All the power, zero drawbacks!

The part where the human doesn't get +cha kills your idea.

Grumman
2009-12-15, 08:02 AM
The part where the human doesn't get +cha kills your idea.
He wasn't asking for +Charisma specifically, he was asking for something that didn't have -Charisma.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-15, 08:06 AM
In which case Oscalemo actually made a reasonable suggestion.

Thurbane
2009-12-15, 07:59 PM
In the core, Half-fiend template gets +2 to CHA (for a hefty +4 LA), or Fiendish template with no hit to CHA (+2 LA and really not much to show for it).

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-15, 11:46 PM
There's an evil Human subrace outlined in BoVD. I remember it being weaker than a normal human, but it lets you avoid needing to reflavor anything.