PDA

View Full Version : Telekinesis early

toddex
2009-12-15, 06:15 AM
Is there a creature or some way other then the ring to get telekinesis early? Fifth level spell is kind of hefty!

PinkysBrain
2009-12-15, 06:28 AM
Telekinetic Thrust (the psionic power equivalent to the abusable part of the telekinesis spell) is available as a third level power.

Darrin
2009-12-15, 06:42 AM
Take two levels of the Ghost template class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a).

Longcat
2009-12-15, 06:49 AM
Necropolitan+Spellstitched

toddex
2009-12-15, 07:04 AM
The ghost template might be hard to swing, my group is never easy to sell on anything from the savage species or related to it.

I have no idea where the spellstitched is but I do think I know where necropolitan is.

Myrmex
2009-12-15, 07:05 AM
Take two levels of the Ghost template class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a).

Template & racial classes are all or nothing deals, I believe.

Cyclocone
2009-12-15, 07:08 AM
1. Be a Malaugrym (MC).
2. Shapechange into a Zodar (FF).
3. Use Wish to replicate Telekinesis.
4. Change into another Zodar.
5. GOTO 3.

I can't remember what the LA on a Malaugrym is, but they're only CR 4 at any rate.

Sir.Swindle
2009-12-15, 08:06 AM
I assume you're working on a Master of the Unseen Hand build or want to use telekinesis often with the character (more than twice a day).

If so, Ghost (or the half ghost thing) is your bets bet sadly. Spellstitched on a 0 or 1 LA undead is your next but those are spells per day (2 most likely) based on wisdom.

Telekinesis is a really high level spell to have at will. Don't know what the SS says about at-will spell like abilities but just telekinesis is prolly a 2 or 3 LA by it's self.

toddex
2009-12-15, 09:15 AM
Yeah, my plan was to make a jedi like character

Foryn Gilnith
2009-12-15, 09:18 AM
Try Greater Mage Hand at will? Mage hand times ten. Adequate, but not quite Telekinesis.

paddyfool
2009-12-15, 09:18 AM
A jedi-like character screams psionics. Which, as mentioned, have more accessible forms of tk. Have you looked into this?

Sir.Swindle
2009-12-15, 09:23 AM
So what you meant was corporeal humaniod with telekinesis

Psychic Warrior + Briliant energy Katana

or just convert the jedi from the starwars d20 revised edition RPG, you can reverse most of the system differences useing UA, I'd increase the deamage you take due to healing magic being so available.

quiet1mi
2009-12-15, 04:12 PM
seriously, I would go with mage hand or greater mage hand... people do use Force slam until they are a jedi knight... unless it was a particularly talented jedi...

I would say a Jedi Knight would be around 9th or 10th level...

But I would agree with the above, a Jedi would be a psionic Warrior... Someone like Yoda would be an Erudite or a Psion...

You could also say that Sith would be like Wilders, using their emotions to power their abilities...

Sir.Swindle
2009-12-15, 07:05 PM
A Jedi Knight is 7th level

There's already a d20 game covering this.

Darrin
2009-12-15, 10:30 PM
The ghost template might be hard to swing, my group is never easy to sell on anything from the savage species or related to it.

The Savage Progression articles are not from Savage Species. They may be somewhat tangentially related, but are a different take on how to break up level adjustments into class levels. However, I can't really say if they are any better or balanced than the material in Savage Species.

Template & racial classes are all or nothing deals, I believe.

Oddly enough, that is not the case with Savage Progressions. As this article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030824a) explains: "Characters are not required to complete all the levels of a given template class in uninterrupted succession." You can take template levels whenever you like, or even decide not to take any more.