PDA

View Full Version : Paladins honor, Girard's gate, and a maxed bluff check.

Brendan
2009-12-15, 04:03 PM
Paladins, or at least Girards perception of paladins is that they are extremely gullible, lawful stupid, and pointlessly honored. If he wanted to protect a gate from someone like that intent on finding it, what would be the easiest method, without making the other members unable to find it? Never put it anywhere else.
What you need to do is give the same coordinates, the right ones, to the order of the scribble (of the desert) and then hide it with all of the mega illusions. put up the soon answering machine, and wait. Soon arrives, in search of the gate, and looks around. Yhe hologram comes up and tells him all that. Soon, being very lawful, would believe it and leave. However, any reconnisance missons or scrying would make it just look like Girard was making it an even better cover for the real gate. other codes could make a different illusion pop up, telling them about the real gate, and how to get in the maze.
If this has been suggested elsewhere, then oh well, but I was wondering if this idea is possible.

Silverraptor
2009-12-15, 04:10 PM
How many threads does this make now?:smallconfused: 12?

npc revolution
2009-12-15, 04:15 PM
it's a nice idea, but I think even Soon would check for other illusions while he's there, just in case the guy he didn't trust was lying to him about lying to him (meta-deception, if you will).

also, the order have been looking for illusions for at least 5 days and only found the one, little, illusion-box.

sorry to take the proverbial urine to your bonfire, but I don't see it happening...

AtopTheMountain
2009-12-15, 04:29 PM
That certainly fits Girard's perceptions of what Soon would do. But we have absolutely no evidence that he is in fact that stupid. "Lawful" does not mean that you automatically believe everything told to you; in fact, because of his lawfulness, he might even be even less likely to believe a (most likely) chaotic person, i.e. Girard, simply assuming that chaotic = lying, and might stick around even longer because Girard told him that the gate was not there.

Moff Chumley
2009-12-15, 07:35 PM
Nah. From what we know of Girard & Soon, creating that illusory "F*** YOU" was probably very gratifying for Girard.

Alex Warlorn
2009-12-15, 09:26 PM
it's a nice idea, but I think even Soon would check for other illusions while he's there, just in case the guy he didn't trust was lying to him about lying to him (meta-deception, if you will).

So in other words. Soon wouldn't trust Girard enough to believe he was lying.

Charles Phipps
2009-12-15, 09:30 PM

The problem is that Soon is very likely a 2nd Edition paladin and they had to have High Wisdom scores.

It sucks for Girard because that means EVERY paladin in 2nd Edition was unusually perceptive.

Moff Chumley
2009-12-15, 09:31 PM

Nicely played.

Kish
2009-12-15, 09:32 PM
The problem is that Soon is very likely a 2nd Edition paladin
...who adventured with a character who took two levels of ranger, an elven druid who reached epic level by the end of the adventure, and a halfling who suggested, or joked about, taking a level of paladin next. Sure looks third edition to me...

BishFish
2009-12-15, 09:37 PM
Girard probably knew that soon was dead and so that only his palidans would come. these people didn't know girard so they would believe him. only some other person who knew the coordinates would be able to see girard.