PDA

View Full Version : Leverage

Fortuna
2009-12-16, 03:22 AM
Right. I tried this a while back, but got virtually no support. I'm gonna try again. This here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leverage_(TV_series)) is the wikipedia page on the series. Now, I desperately want to convince my group to play these guys. The convincing I can probably handle, but I will need help statting them out. Combat usefulness is to be sacrificed before faithfulness to the characters, since we have a couple of awesome DMs.

So, help please?

Munchkin-Masher
2009-12-16, 03:26 AM
You... You are kidding right?

Fortuna
2009-12-16, 03:28 AM
No. Not at all. These guys work well as a team, and the game would end up RP and thinking heavy as opposed to combat heavy, but I am not kidding by any definition of the word that I know of.

Also, I would likely get to be Nate, and deliver awesome lines:smallbiggrin:

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-16, 03:32 AM
Building the characters, or building a party to do similar things to the characters? Either way, just gestalt everyone with Rogue. So mimicking the characters would be, most likely:
Wizard//Rogue-Nate
Sorcerer//Rogue-Sophie
Crusader//Rogue-Elliot
Artificer//Rogue-Hardison
Parker is harder, since she's basically a pure Rogue. Not sure yet.

Fortuna
2009-12-16, 03:36 AM
Wait, Nate is a Wizard? I don't see that. Cleric I could see, but wizard just doesn't make sense to me. Also, any good free alternatives for Hardison and Elliot?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-16, 03:39 AM
Wait, Nate is a Wizard? I don't see that. Cleric I could see, but wizard just doesn't make sense to me. Also, any good free alternatives for Hardison and Elliot?Possibly.

Elliot could just be a Fighter, but that strikes me as both too weak and too simple. Hardison could be a Diviner.

Rogue 7
2009-12-16, 03:40 AM
Why use 3.5? I would think d20 Modern would be a much better fit for this.

Leverage, says you. I think I feel a change in the wind, says I.

Fortuna
2009-12-16, 03:40 AM
Would it be unbalanced, considering the others, to give Elliot a triple-gestalt Fighter//Monk//Rogue?

EDIT: @Rogue_7: Because I know 3.5 better than d20 Modern. I already have 1e, OD&D and 3.5 bouncing around in my head, and I get rules from each of them confused regularly, so another system is not likely to be helpful.

KillianHawkeye
2009-12-16, 05:57 PM
Would it be unbalanced, considering the others, to give Elliot a triple-gestalt Fighter//Monk//Rogue?

He actually doesn't strike me as a Rogue at all. He's the hitter, and not subtle about it.

Fortuna
2009-12-16, 05:59 PM
Yeah, but giving him a gestalt of two tier fives is not going to be ideal, powerwise.

playswithfire
2009-12-16, 06:17 PM
This might not work if you're looking for core-only or free stuff, but I'd expand on the "gestalt everyone with rogue" approach by bringing in some stuff from Complete Scoundrel. Sophie's a Mountebank, Elliot's and Avenging Executioner, etc

Fortuna
2009-12-16, 06:33 PM
Sadly, I am looking at only free stuff. Although come to think of it, if anyone has good homebrews for it I would love to see them.

Rogue 7
2009-12-16, 07:31 PM

EDIT: @Rogue_7: Because I know 3.5 better than d20 Modern. I already have 1e, OD&D and 3.5 bouncing around in my head, and I get rules from each of them confused regularly, so another system is not likely to be helpful.

Really, isn't d20 Modern just D&D with different classes? The actual rules are pretty much the same, and the only things that are different are the wealth rules, aren't they? Actual gameplay's pretty much the same as far as I know.

averagejoe
2009-12-16, 08:04 PM
Really, isn't d20 Modern just D&D with different classes? The actual rules are pretty much the same, and the only things that are different are the wealth rules, aren't they? Actual gameplay's pretty much the same as far as I know.

There are some other little differences, such as their massive damage equivilant having different effects and being much easier to trigger, but this is mostly true.

Fortuna
2009-12-16, 08:39 PM
I think that the main problem is that my group is very much a swords and sorcery style group, and would not likely take kindly to the change.

At any rate, I have had an idea for Elliot. Would it be unbalanced, given the rest of the party and the incompetence of the person likely to play him, to give him a triple gestalt of Fighter//Monk//Barbarian?

Asheram
2009-12-17, 03:56 AM
I think that the main problem is that my group is very much a swords and sorcery style group, and would not likely take kindly to the change.

At any rate, I have had an idea for Elliot. Would it be unbalanced, given the rest of the party and the incompetence of the person likely to play him, to give him a triple gestalt of Fighter//Monk//Barbarian?

Isn't it easier then to just give him the Swordsage monk variant?

Fortuna
2009-12-17, 04:22 AM
Which I don't have access to.