PDA

View Full Version : "Master of Many Forms" or "How to Break a Game in one move action"

Munchkin-Masher
2009-12-16, 03:23 AM
The Master of Many Forms.

A class that allows you to turn into any Humaniod, Giant, Monstrous Humanoid, Plant, Ooze, Fey, Abberation, Dragon and one more thing i can't for the life of me remember.

I didn't like the transmogrifist but at least he lost some caster levels here we have a class the gives you the (Ex) abilities of any form that you wildshape into and allows you to turn into nearly EVERYTHING.

If you begin taking levels in the class as soon as you can you can at level 15 opt to wildshape into a Gray Linnorm a Dragon with 13 HD, Which is incedently also a CR 22 monster. It can Cast as a level 18 Cleric with the destruction and Death Domains. it canb fly at will. It can EAT YU.

So "Master of Many (broken) Forms", Broken PrC or most broken PrC?

Autolykos
2009-12-16, 03:27 AM
Well, Polymorph is already broken beyond recognition, so what did you expect from a class that lets you do practically the same more or less AT WILL?

Zaq
2009-12-16, 03:29 AM
Eh. (Ex) abilities are nice, but if you want MOST BROKEN CLASS, Planar Shepherd gets (Sp) and I think (Su) abilities. And full casting. And full normal wild shape. And full animal companion.

Nothing dealing with Druids is balanced, though.

Magnor Criol
2009-12-16, 03:31 AM

Simply broken. See: Incantatrix. See: Planar Shepard.

C'mon, though. It's a PrC meant for druids, and everyone knows druids are horribly weak. Any sort of power boost for them is welcome and needed! :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2009-12-16, 03:32 AM

C'mon, though. It's a PrC meant for druids, and everyone knows druids are horribly weak. Any sort of power boost for them is welcome and needed! :smallbiggrin:

Agreed. Just start their forest on fire and they die of sadness.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-16, 03:34 AM
Keep in mind that Shapechange does everything this class does. Yes, it makes Wildshape more awesome, but you lose casting and the Animal Companion. It makes the Druid weaker, not stronger(which says more about the power of the Druid than anything else).

BobVosh
2009-12-16, 03:41 AM
Eh. (Ex) abilities are nice, but if you want MOST BROKEN CLASS, Planar Shepherd gets (Sp) and I think (Su) abilities. And full casting. And full normal wild shape. And full animal companion.

Nothing dealing with Druids is balanced, though.

I got to question why you like SP and SU abilities more. EX work in antimagic zones, and lots of catchall magic spells that see through magic doesn't work on them.

Munchkin-Masher
2009-12-16, 03:41 AM

I know why wont people accept it?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-16, 03:43 AM
I got to question why you like SP and SU abilities more. EX work in antimagic zones, and lots of catchall magic spells that see through magic doesn't work on them.Wish is a SLA.

Temotei
2009-12-16, 03:47 AM
Wish is a SLA.

Yes. Yes it is.

Ecalsneerg
2009-12-16, 03:58 AM
Wildshape Ranger/Master of Many Forms isn't too broken. Druid... well, yeah, you're a druid.

sonofzeal
2009-12-16, 04:21 AM

A class that allows you to turn into any Humaniod, Giant, Monstrous Humanoid, Plant, Ooze, Fey, Abberation, Dragon and one more thing i can't for the life of me remember.

I didn't like the transmogrifist but at least he lost some caster levels here we have a class the gives you the (Ex) abilities of any form that you wildshape into and allows you to turn into nearly EVERYTHING.

If you begin taking levels in the class as soon as you can you can at level 15 opt to wildshape into a Gray Linnorm a Dragon with 13 HD, Which is incedently also a CR 22 monster. It can Cast as a level 18 Cleric with the destruction and Death Domains. it canb fly at will. It can EAT YU.

Trasmogrifist loses some caster levels; MoMF loses them all. That's kind of huge.

Also, you're still limited in some crucial ways. You don't gain (Su) or (Sp) abilities, and many would argue you don't gain inherent spellcasting (although this is a thorny issue). You're also still working off your own BAB and hp, neither of which are as impressive as many of the things you're turning into. Meh.

Rangers make out well from this class, with better combat abilities and less spellcasting to lose. Druids do better by staying Druids.

Temotei
2009-12-16, 04:24 AM
Druids do better by staying Druids.

Planar shepherd?

Fishy
2009-12-16, 04:25 AM
Plus, the Spell Compendium gives druids the level 4 spell Enhance Wild Shape, which, among the many things it can do, gives you (Ex) abilities. An MoMF has to wait until level 12, a druid gets his at level 9.

So yes, they do have a class feature more powerful than your entire PrC.

sonofzeal
2009-12-16, 04:31 AM
Planar shepherd?
I was comparing to MoMF. PS > Druid > MoMF. So Druids do better by staying Druids rather than taking MoMF, but admittedly PS is king.

Pluto
2009-12-16, 05:26 AM
If you're a MoMF, you probably aren't a Shapeshifted Shapechanged monster who summons mountains to do his dirty work.

But MoMF is definitely one of the half-dozen classes I refuse to play, just because I fear the temptation will be too great...

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-16, 05:27 AM

You do realize that MoMF is one way to carry out Pun Pun?

lord_khaine
2009-12-16, 05:51 AM
But MoMF is definitely one of the half-dozen classes I refuse to play, just because I fear the temptation will be too great...

Hmm? in that case your play experience must be pretty limitet, you would have to be limitet from playing any full caster or manifester as well then.