PDA

View Full Version : A New World: Birth

InaVegt
2009-12-16, 04:25 AM
The world is born.

In the grand hall of the gods, mighty Arkana watches the continents, the rough shape of the world.

And with a wave of her hands, she creates the stars to provide light to the world.

OOC: Not taking my turn yet, just a intro post to set scene.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-16, 04:43 AM
Maolos smiles as he watches the unformed world take shape. Cackling gleefully, he wonders what new mischief he can create

Kantolin
2009-12-16, 05:33 AM
Kaznur had been awaiting this moment.

He looked down, as form slowly began to take shape. And, steadily, he focused - thinking of plans, of ideas.

Plans of a form which would come... could come...

XiaoTie
2009-12-16, 05:46 AM
Harthlagon
Round 01
Turn 1st
Power 04
Initiative 918

The golden dragon simply stood there, patiently waiting for a more appropriate time to exert his influence over the creation of the New World, even though he was fit to start right away.

[OOC]
So, assuming I am the first to go under 918 Initiative, I'd like to hold my turn until the next one.

BooNL
2009-12-16, 06:23 AM
Reyn

As the world was formed, a shapeless spirit was drawn almost immediately to it. It watched and saw the land rising up from the depths of the ocean. Slowly, the spirit began to take form, a large serpent, made of pure force energy.

The Force Dragen turned his eye to the oceans, that would be his domain.

Ipphli
2009-12-16, 08:27 AM
Caldas

A dark shape lurks in the back of the hall of the gods. A vague, shapeless shadow, it peers out over the continents as well. Plotting. Scheming. Waiting for the perfect chance to make its power felt.

Going to hold my action for this turn.

ichai
2009-12-16, 11:02 PM
Ajoul:

Ajoul cracks his burly knuckles in anticipation of the project before him. Muttering into his beard, he contemplates the expanse of land and water, waiting to be shaped.

Also not my turn yet, just getting into the mood. It seemed like the thing to do.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-17, 01:47 AM
Maolos looks at the other gods with surprise.

"You let me go first? Me?"

"Don't say I didn't warn you!"

With a wave of his hand, the patch of earth at the very heart of the Eastern continent freezes over, even as volcanoes rise beside it.

Squares affected:
(Vertical, Horizontal)
(4,5) and (4,4) becomes harsh, frozen tundra
(4,6) and (4,3) becomes volcanoes

ichai
2009-12-17, 03:49 PM
Ajoul scrutinizes the new volcanoes. "Fire and ice then?"
After a long moment of contemplation, he abruptly slams his hand into the center of southern-most landmass. Gripping the bedrock, he drags it toward the heavens, forming towering mountains.

turned 12,9 and 13,9 into mountains (on par with the Andes or Himalayas.)

InaVegt
2009-12-18, 06:02 AM
Arkana grinned as she pulled energy from the stars, directing them to rain upon the face of the world.

And behold, the tundra suddenly became the target of regular fireshowers. The fire was certainly not extremely hot, for it didn't melt the tundra, but it could certainly be dangerous to people not used to it.

Change climate on two squares, see map for locations.

Myshlaevsky
2009-12-18, 08:33 AM
Veknai forms a cup of both his hands and watches as a great depression begins to form in the lands of the last, untouched continent. A thousand channels of water rush in to fill the great bowl he creates.

With a smile and a final gesture, fog billows around the northern rim of this new inland sea.

Creating an inland sea at 3:10, 3:11 and 4:10, 4:11. Creating a foggy climate at 2:10, 2:11.

BooNL
2009-12-18, 12:43 PM
Reyn

The Force Dragon smiled as his fellow gods toyed with the new world below them. Reyn focused his sight on the small island off the coast of the western continent.
With a motion of his claws, the land of the island was pushed up creating small hills. His action mostly caused the formation of caverns, which promtly filled with sea water.

With a second motion, he created life. Several small eggs were conjured on the island, which in time would hatch into lizards and other reptillian creatures.

OOC:

I'm assuming 'Shape Land' also allows the creation of wildlife, if not I'll add some more power points.

Affected area's are 7:3 and 8:3. Used 3 PP, saving 3 for next turn.

Kantolin
2009-12-18, 04:53 PM
Kaznur looked around.

The large inland sea interested him - ideas that were forming took more shape there. Elicting focus, he expanded the cool winds that were already nearby, extending the area of fog.

Still, that did not deter him from his original goal. Aiming a touch below the eastern edge of that continent, he focused, on the waves; they responded by shifting aside, as two islands formed from the sea.

Horizontal:Vertical
Shape Climate: Fog in 2:12, and 3:12.
Shape Land: Squares effected are 6:15, and 7:15. Two islands created, one small one (which takes up not quite half of 6:15), then a small strip of water, then a larger one (Which takes up the rest of 6:15 and the majority of 7:15).
Used 5pp, saving 3pp for next turn.

AJ_Impy
2009-12-18, 07:42 PM
Cognis

A relatively minor deity looked across the face of the world, and saw that it was good. The north of the largest continent was fire and ice, but the south was relatively untouched. Choosing his spot carefully, Cognis raised the land into gently rolling downs, and added in copses of shaded, deciduous woodland. He seeded the pleasant woodlands and knolls with life: Rodents of all kinds. Rabbits burrowed into the downs, mice ran through the grasses, rats nested in hollows beneath the trees. Finally, he tweaked the climate in the same area, imposing his will that this was to be a temperate paradise, neither too hot nor too cold, mild as the seasons went by, a contrast and counterweight to the fire and ice of the north.

5 across, 8 down and 6 across, 9 down: Shape land, A shire of forested downs and gentle grassy hillocks, populated by rodents. 5 across, 8 down and 6 across, 9 down: Shape climate, temperate and pleasant.

lostlittlebear
2009-12-20, 07:41 PM
Maolos looked approvingly at Arkana and nodded.

Turning to Cognis, he shook his head.

"Where's the fun in creating paradise? Life has got to have challenges, or else it's just.... BORING."

Waving a hand, Maolos concentrates, and the temperate paradise of Cognis is thrust thousands of feet above ground by the massive plateau that springs up underneath. A bit more concentration, and the area immediately outside this Eden is filled with raging, howling winds that never cease.

Altering (5,8) and (6,9) to raise it approximately 1000 feet above sea level - no other change to the land or climate though.
Raging winds [Shape Climate] in (5,9) and (6,8)
Power used: 10
Power left: 1

AJ_Impy
2009-12-20, 09:17 PM
Cognis frowns deeply, and replied,

"There must be contrast, there must be difference. If everywhere is chaos, no-one will know it is chaos, as there is no contrast, no order with which to compare it. If everything is a challenge, everything will be no challenge, as it will be the norm. A world with no place of peace will have no concept of it. If you let me have my idyll as I desire it, it will make your places of chaos seem so much more chaotic, because this world will know what they are... and what they are not. There is room for both your desire and mine. Let them be made seperate."

Cognis focused on the idyll, restoring the land to its former altitude, but permitting the winds to remain unaltered in their position hundreds of feet above, creating fascinating chaotic cloud formations to shadow the lands beneath.

"If you desire an unreachable plateau surrounded by winds, then I will make you one, and you may top it with whatever paradise or chaos you seek. Here, have your challenge."

Taking a point midway between the fire and ice and the idyll, Cognis nearly bisected the continent with a vast plateau, the work Maolos had done restored in its entirety in this new location.

Altering (5,8) and (6,9) to lower it to its original altitude. Raising (5,6) and (6,6) a thousand feet above sea level and altering the climate in both to give them raging winds that never cease.

ichai
2009-12-21, 02:01 PM
Ajoul carelessly runs his hands over the rest of the continent, forming rolling hills covered with dense pine forests. Giving a scrutinizing look to Cognis's traumatized fauna, he dusts his hands off over the forests, animals springing to life wherever specks of dirt land. The beasts and birds are much hardier and larger than the ones created by his fellow god, dense coats and sharp claws abounding.

I figure that's 8 tiles for the rest of the landmass, all the fiddly bits combined make about one tile. The hills are small foothills, and very densely forested, to the point where it would be a jungle were it tropical.
Started with 14 points this round (5 left over, 1 bonus, rolled 8), so spending 12 points on Shape Land leaves me with 2 points left over.
The animals are regular northern/mountain wildlife, but have a tendency toward dire versions.

Myshlaevsky
2009-12-22, 07:14 AM
Veknai curls one lazy finger within the mist he worked on earlier. He dawdles awhile, staring with interest at the other gods and their living creations. Finally he swings the finger downwards, finishing off another branch of thick, clinging fog.

"As for myself," he shrugs, "I'm content to work with whatever is presented."

Creating another bank of fog at 2:9 and 3:9. Saving the rest of my power.

XiaoTie
2009-12-22, 03:46 PM
Hathlagon
Round 02
Turn 3rd
Power 10 (Or 09 if the +1 Rule doesn't apply on the first round)
Initiative 687
End Power 04 (Or 03 if the +1 Rule doesn't apply)

The golden dragon stares at the small islands on the eastern border of the world, and soars down and tears the ground while grabbing some of it in order to raise huge mountains. "May this land be ready for my people!"

[Shape Land] (6;15) and (7;15) to create mountains that shield the island from the western continents