PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/Pathfinder]Advanced Player's Guide Playtest - Round 3: Alchemist and Inquisitor

olelia
2009-12-16, 08:07 AM
It looks like pathfinder is trying to revive the ancient secrets of alchemy and put the suspicions away of the spanish inquisition.

Alchemist and Inuisitor (https://secure.paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8bt0)

Any inital impressions? I won't have a chance till next monday to give them a real game test.

Kaiyanwang
2009-12-16, 08:18 AM
Downloaded for review. If I'll notice something interesting, I will post as soon as possible.

Thank you for pointing it out.

olelia
2009-12-18, 11:12 PM
Anyone had a look/test of these classes yet? :smallredface:

Mongoose87
2009-12-19, 12:42 AM
The alchemist looks like a big bowl of "meh."

The Inquisitor looks alright. A few neat abilities, some spells.

Once again, they release one I like and one I do not.

BobVosh
2009-12-19, 02:14 AM
Alchemist looks very much like said bowl of "meh." Not bad, not good.

Inquisitor looks very fun on the other hand. I'll see if I can replace my paladin with it, and will let post on how it goes.

Starbuck_II
2009-12-19, 12:44 PM
I like the Achemists steam-tech flavor: he has alchemy bombs (pseudo magic powered), Dr. Jeckyl potion (increases stats), etc.
He prepares potions (instead of spells)/day. He knows Bard spells/day in useage (up to 6th). Immunity to poison by 10th.
The boms deal 1d6 every odd level like rogue (deal splash damage).
The Dr. Jeckyl potion can be used infinite useage/day (but you get stat damaged).

At 1st, he can't heal others (except with wands/scrolls). By 4th, if you took infusion discovery others can drink his stuff.

Inquisitor has loads of options each battle: he gets better the longer the battle goes on. Like a Grey Guard they can go against dieties wishes if they need to. (although Clerics are rarely constrained but you never know)
Cast like a Favored Soul but wisdom only.
Gets a domain but no bonus spells.
True Judgement seems weaker than Slayer since using True Judgement resets your Judgement powers to 1st round. Slayer makes it max.
You can have three judgements up on same action by 16th level.
The evasion ability can be used in meduim armor (which is rare since most ones say light or none).
Bane as a swift action, total rds/day, but not consecutive rounds required
Can change tactical feats as a standard action. Solo tactics is cool. Adds Wisdom to initiative (in addition to Dex).