PDA

View Full Version : Whacked out Idea (Spoiler)

SavageWombat
2009-12-16, 04:48 PM
If Blackwing can't be seen by the party because he's gazed into the rift too closely...

... maybe Kraagor isn't really dead? And no one knew it? He's not even trapped, just wandering around the planet going "Guys! Hey Guys!"

Kish
2009-12-16, 04:51 PM
Blackwing can be seen by the party.

Herbstfarben
2009-12-16, 04:52 PM
The party doesn't see plus doesn't remember Blackwing.

Nobody sees Kraagor, yet he is remembered.

See the difference?

Edit: 1 /6 of the party sees Blackwing.

Kish
2009-12-16, 04:54 PM
And Roy sees him, but insists it's Vaarsuvius creating an illusion.

So either Roy and Vaarsuvius are mysteriously able to see the imperceptible Blackwing...or there's something wrong in the assumption that the people who deny Blackwing's existence are physically unable to see him, rather than all thinking it's an illusion done by Vaarsuvius.

adibobo
2009-12-16, 04:55 PM
Actualluy, I think that Blackwing was actually unmade by the Snarll (like the Snarll suposedly did to Kraagor) and V really is just halucinating, out of guilt and shock. My reasons for thinking so are the fact that no one, not even O-chull, has acknoledged Blackwing's existence after the he tried to throw the Philachery into the rift.(oh and btw, how do i set a spoiller tag?)

Edit: Ninjad

Shale
2009-12-16, 04:58 PM
Or, and I'm going out on a limb here, it's the continuation of the running gag about how D&D familiars don't really exist unless they're actively doing something that Rich has been using for nearly seven hundred strips, and has never had the slightest bit of plot significance, since it's a freaking joke.

Just a thought.

Kish
2009-12-16, 04:59 PM
Actualluy, I think that Blackwing was actually unmade by the Snarll (like the Snarll suposedly did to Kraagor) and V really is just halucinating, out of guilt and shock. My reasons for thinking so are the fact that no one, not even O-chull, has acknoledged Blackwing's existence after the he tried to throw the Philachery into the rift.(oh and btw, how do i set a spoiller tag?)

You mean, no one except the people in the store where he bought diamond dust?

Ubergeek
2009-12-16, 06:47 PM

This? Actually could work.

Maybe not hallucinations, but perhaps the new Blackwing is an illusion created by the snarl in V's mind.

For the record, the idea of nobody remembering Blackwing because of the rift has been brought up before. Whether it has any merit to it or it's just another joke is up to speculation for now.

adibobo
2009-12-17, 07:19 AM
You mean, no one except the people in the store where he bought diamond dust?

Thx for the tip, and i'll answer your qouestion by asking you this: How did anybody in the shop actually aknowledge Blackwing's existence? We could see Blackwing in the shop, but we could just have seen everithing from V's perspective or he could just have been an ilusion.

HandofShadows
2009-12-17, 08:34 AM

I hope the Giant does NOT read this in case I am correct.
I think we would have seen Blackwing being unmade. Also I don't think Snarl can even get to the rift to attack anyone. We know that earlier anyone got close to a rift Snarl unmade them. But a lot of people have been close to the rift and Snarl has not reactd at all. The reason for this is instead of the gods remaking the OotS world to repair the rifst, they made NEW work/prison inside the old one and that was the world Blackwing saw. :smallamused:

factotum
2009-12-17, 11:21 AM
Thx for the tip, and i'll answer your qouestion by asking you this: How did anybody in the shop actually aknowledge Blackwing's existence? We could see Blackwing in the shop, but we could just have seen everithing from V's perspective or he could just have been an ilusion.

Roy saw Blackwing in strip #674. He believed it to be an illusion, but nonetheless he saw the raven there on V's shoulder. Therefore people can see Blackwing.

Kish
2009-12-17, 11:24 AM
He went back to get the diamond dust without Vaarsuvius.

How is that supposed to have worked with only Vaarsuvius able to see him? An illusion that functions outside of Vaarsuvius' sight and is able to carry things? Why not theorize that both Vaarsuvius and O-Chul never came back from their confrontation with Xykon, and everyone who claims to have seen them is hallucinating?

Zanaril
2009-12-17, 11:56 AM
This looks as good a place as any for another crackpot theory:

The Snarl creates conflict. Anything or anyone who gets near the rifts gets affected by them; the rest of the world begins to fight against their exsistance. This is what happened with blackwing; he got near enough to the rift that reality began to repel his exsistance, and subconsiously, so did the rest of the Order. They would believe anything except acknowledge his existance. It was fine when he went back to the shop in disguise, because the shopkeepers were seeing Mustache Guy, not Blackwing. Actually it's probably the reason (besides the lulz) that the disguise worked. Similarly, this is what happened to the members of the Scribble. In different ways they all began to literally get a little bit detatched from reality, and it led to some of them hating each other.

So what about the world in the Snarl? Well the same is happening, but in reverse. The Chaos of the Snarl has begun to be remade by being in contact with the world.

adibobo
2009-12-17, 02:29 PM
He went back to get the diamond dust without Vaarsuvius.

How is that supposed to have worked with only Vaarsuvius able to see him? An illusion that functions outside of Vaarsuvius' sight and is able to carry things? Why not theorize that both Vaarsuvius and O-Chul never came back from their confrontation with Xykon, and everyone who claims to have seen them is hallucinating?
OK, I didn't see that part before. Than I gues my theory goes to dust.

martinkou
2009-12-17, 03:33 PM
This looks as good a place as any for another crackpot theory:

The Snarl creates conflict. Anything or anyone who gets near the rifts gets affected by them; the rest of the world begins to fight against their exsistance. This is what happened with blackwing; he got near enough to the rift that reality began to repel his exsistance, and subconsiously, so did the rest of the Order. They would believe anything except acknowledge his existance. It was fine when he went back to the shop in disguise, because the shopkeepers were seeing Mustache Guy, not Blackwing. Actually it's probably the reason (besides the lulz) that the disguise worked. Similarly, this is what happened to the members of the Scribble. In different ways they all began to literally get a little bit detatched from reality, and it led to some of them hating each other.

So what about the world in the Snarl? Well the same is happening, but in reverse. The Chaos of the Snarl has begun to be remade by being in contact with the world.

Well, then why is V not repelling her familiar anymore? Or, if the Snarl affects V as well, why isn't V increasing the degree of isolation from the rest of the party? V has been trying to be more helpful lately, and people actually liked her more (e.g. O-Chul, Durkon, Roy, etc.).

Zanaril
2009-12-17, 05:42 PM
Well, then why is V not repelling her familiar anymore? Or, if the Snarl affects V as well, why isn't V increasing the degree of isolation from the rest of the party? V has been trying to be more helpful lately, and people actually liked her more (e.g. O-Chul, Durkon, Roy, etc.).

I did say it was a crackpot theory. :smallbiggrin:

BW hasn't exsisted before now, so there's little comparison. And V does seem to be being ignored slightly. Most likely just the rest of the party respecting her privacy/not caring, but...

AtopTheMountain
2009-12-17, 10:32 PM
If Blackwing is just a hallucination / illusion / whatever, then he wouldn't have been able to tell V about the world inside the rift, rendering that just a stupid random thing that has absolutely no meaning, blowing approximately 37% of the OTHER theories completely out of the water. The rest of the party "not seeing" Blackwing was A JOKE. That's all it is. They are very common in this strip, unless I am mistaken.

Shale, your sig is perfect for this thread.
Except that it is about a bird and not hair.