PDA

View Full Version : Serenity feat on Cleric? 3.5

NekoJoker
2009-12-16, 05:09 PM
Quick Question,

If i get a Cleric to get 2 levels on Paladin just to qualify for Serenity, does Serenity allow the cleric to add the WIS modifier to the amount of Turn undead attempts it can have for the day? (instead cor CHA, of course)

If this is true then it would actually be really good for Divine Metamagic builds.
if so, would it be actually a good choice, that is, to get 2 levels of paladin to add WIS to everything?

One more question, is there any other way to obtain Grace without the Paladin levels? maybe another class or feat or ritual?

thx ppl

SERENITY WORDING EDIT:

SERENITY [GENERAL]
Your wisdom, inner calm, and sagacity fuels your class
abilities rather than your force of personality or will.
Prerequisite: Divine grace.
Benefit: Use your Wisdom bonus in place of your
Charisma bonus for purposes of divine grace, lay on
hands, smite evil, and turn undead.
Normal: The abilities use your Charisma bonus.

Narazil
2009-12-16, 05:22 PM
I don't have the exact wording of the feat right here, but if it says something in the line of "use Charisma instead of Wisdom for the effects of Turn Undead, Lay on Hands ect." then I'd say it has nothing to do with times per day.

NekoJoker
2009-12-16, 05:33 PM
Edited original post to add the wording, forgot to do that

Thrice Dead Cat
2009-12-16, 05:47 PM
As long as the material doesn't care where you're getting those abilities, then it's fine for a Paladin 2/Cleric X to use Wisdom for Turn Undead.

Do note, though, that Prestige Paladin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin) does it a little better, due to losing fewer caster levels.