PDA

View Full Version : Skill help

JasonP
2009-12-16, 05:38 PM
Does anyone know of a way (feat or otherwise) to add the skill Sleight of Hand to a character's skill list without taking an extra class (unless it's a prc that also advances everything about a previous class)?

I'm wanting to make a Spellthief 13 / Daggerspell Mage 7 and neither of them get Sleight of Hand, but I really want the 3 skill tricks that are associated with Sleight of Hand to help me sneak attack people (and steal their spells), particularly the Mosquito's Bite skill trick which lets you attack a flat footed opponent with a light weapon without them realizing it which requires 12 ranks of Sleight of Hand.

drengnikrafe
2009-12-16, 05:49 PM
I imagine that would be an incredibly lame feat.

In any case, the best way I can think of offhand is to write an excellent backstory that allows for slight of hand, and ask the DM very politely to add the skill to your list.

Nich_Critic
2009-12-16, 05:50 PM
Able learner from RoD might do it. I'm not sure, I don't have the full text of the feat.

erikun
2009-12-16, 05:55 PM
Er, I know Able Learner (human only) reduces the cost of cross-class skills from 2 to 1, but doesn't increase their maximum. I thought there was another human-only feat which allowed you to choose one skill and add treat it as a class skill, but am not sure what it is.

Human Paragon level 1 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm#humanParagon) has Adaptive Learning, which turns any one skill into a class skill for all classes. You can also select any skills for class skills in the PrC, but no spellcasting advancement until 2nd/3rd levels.

JasonP
2009-12-16, 06:04 PM
I imagine that would be an incredibly lame feat.

In any case, the best way I can think of offhand is to write an excellent backstory that allows for slight of hand, and ask the DM very politely to add the skill to your list.

I think this is my best bet so far, even if I have to trade it for another skill on my list. Thanks for the idea.

Celebrochan
2009-12-16, 07:06 PM
The Versatile feat from the Rokugan Campaign setting. It allows you to add any two skills to your list of class skills.