PDA

View Full Version : MoMF gestalt question

Tahlathali
2009-12-16, 05:47 PM
I am DM in very small campaign running City of the Spider Queen. There are 3 characters in the party: sorc10//fighter6/arcane archer4 (utilizes improved rapid shot when not casting imbued arrows), Monk10//scout10 (was ranger//duelist combo but died at the slay living trap at room D6), and my character is druid 10//rog3/bbn1/MoMF6. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what types of spells to select or other features I should go for. at lvl 11 he will get access to the (ex) special abilities of the forms he chooses. I'm not really sure, for survivability reasons, what other new forms I might consider or future progression. We only have the 3 members, including myself, and I don't like the idea of running multiple characters (tried it before) because 1 character of each player generally gets shoved to the wayside until battle. I tend to like a bit of the RP aspect and don't really like to see party members get ignored (more or less) by their player. So...... any suggestions? I've not really played druids before and picked it up as a filler after the other 2 guys picked fairly squishy classes. If this toon dies I know I would want to make a cleric for the extra healing, but for now I'm stuck with my gruff dwarf MoMF.

evil-frosty
2009-12-16, 06:06 PM
For forms just look thru the MM's and pick your favorite ones/best ones since you can eventually shape into everything in those cept for outsiders.

Pluto
2009-12-16, 06:10 PM
I honestly can't think of a way to do this well.

If you stick to divination and healing spells, this might work...

But honestly, a full casting MoMF DMPC alonside a Monk//Scout?
That isn't exactly what I'd call the best plan for an engaging campaign.

Wings of Peace
2009-12-16, 06:13 PM
War-Troll + Anything with fire immunty = Profit

Willo-Wisp = Profit

Pyro/Cryo Hydra = Profit*

*Pyro/Cryo Hydra + Levels in Soul Eater = $Profit$

That is the extent of my advice.

Tahlathali
2009-12-16, 07:32 PM
so far my character has been the front line damage dealer. the monk//scout is focusing on mobility/spring attack with his skirmish. At this moment I only have access to fiend folio, MM, and the various monsters added into a few of the FR books. I've started to like the brown bear so far and was thinking of utilizing troll when I hit 11. I know access to cryo hydra is via the frozen wildshape feat but I didn't know there was a way to go to pyrohydra. Wartroll I'm unfamiliar with. what is that in? I do have a few books as PDFs but I usually stick to what I have in hard copy. I do have natural spell so I can fully cast in wildshape and not just limited to verbal spells. I also have assume supernatural ability ( I do have savage species as well). Other than that I just have the requisite feats for the MoMF.

Pluto
2009-12-16, 07:34 PM
It sounds like you're going to want this (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528526/updated_Master_of_Many_Forms_Bible__official_wild_ shape_rules) link.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2009-12-17, 03:44 AM
For forms just look thru the MM's and pick your favorite ones/best ones since you can eventually shape into everything in those cept for outsiders.and magical beasts, both of which planar shepard solves

No undead! You can't WS into arbitrary undead in 3.5

Tahlathali
2009-12-17, 07:10 AM
I don't have access to the planar shepherd class.

Zincorium
2009-12-17, 07:36 AM
You can wildshape into completely arbitrary animals, and then with Blighter those become undead.

Of course, then we get into whether arbitrary is a subtype and thus would remain on the animal...:smallbiggrin: