PDA

View Full Version : Dakkadadakkadadakka

golentan
2009-12-16, 06:17 PM
So, my love for moar dakka in builds is well known. Now I want to do a conventional weapon version of the Dakka. This is a fairly simple build, again, entirely aimed at getting Dakka.

So, here's what I've got. Thri keen Sorc 4/Warblade 4/JadePhoenix 10 (revised).

Takes Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Weapon Proficiency Hand crossbows, and the Multiweapon Fighting Tree. Grab as magic items: 4 Splitting Hand Crossbows of speed, and a Ring of the Diamond Mind, and Bracers of Tiger Claw.

Celerity, Belt of Battle Activation (swift action from celerity boost, into full round action, taken after raging mongoose) Raging Mongoose Boost (swift action, lasts for one round), Time Stands Still.

Now, we get two full attack actions. So I count it as 16 attacks from Greater Multiweapon fighting and BAB, 4 from speed weapons, 4 from rapid shotting and 4 from raging mongoose. Three times. Split. For a total of 28*3*2=168 bolts. Stack on as many damage enhancers as possible of course. And crossbow sniper would allow 5 damage minimum on each bolt within limited range

The boost text on Raging Mongoose leads me to believe that it is extra attacks on a full attack action rather. And the duration is till the end of the round, but if I'm wrong it's 152 bolts instead.

Thoughts? Improvements?

Edit: Replaced haste with Speed weapons, filled space with draining a belt of battle. Replaced 10 levels with Jade Phoenix, for extra caster and initiator levels, and full BAB goodness (which allows straight sorc in place of battle sorc). This severely upped bolt count.

Myrmex
2009-12-16, 06:20 PM
Belt of Battle for another full round action.

Boci
2009-12-16, 06:23 PM
With an ititiator level of 15 you cannot take time stands still. Weapon focus (handcrossbow) would be better than rapid reload. Personally I think warblade X / Battle Sorceror Y / Jade Pheonix Mage 10 / Warblade X would do better.

Asbestos
2009-12-16, 06:27 PM
Man, those poor Xbow strings. How long is a round again, 6 seconds? So the per minute firing rate on this guy is around 600 or so?

sofawall
2009-12-16, 06:28 PM
Olo Dragonbane has a great story about some self-inflicted dakka.

Douglas
2009-12-16, 06:29 PM
Haste only gives you one extra attack no matter how many weapons you are wielding.

Volkov
2009-12-16, 06:50 PM
Man, those poor Xbow strings. How long is a round again, 6 seconds? So the per minute firing rate on this guy is around 600 or so?

That's an average machine gun's rate. And easily enough to wear down any normal bow after a week or so of use. If the arrows can cause any save or die effects, this would be the ultimate weapon against anything that isn't a construct, or undead, because the enemy will almost certainly roll a one.

Boci
2009-12-16, 06:52 PM
That's an average machine gun's rate. And easily enough to wear down any normal bow after a week or so of use. If the arrows can cause any save or die effects, this would be the ultimate weapon against anything that isn't a construct, or undead, because the enemy will almost certainly roll a one.

Poison? No one said it would be cheap.

deuxhero
2009-12-16, 07:10 PM
Whrilwind frenzy barb dip is another +1 attack if you can fit it in.

If you care, I once did a quick check on how many mindarrows I could get out (last post here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121452&highlight=mindarrow+massacre))

Don't take battle sorc if your going into JPM unless you lose an extra attack, you take the hits with none of the benifits when prcing.

Signmaker
2009-12-16, 07:13 PM
Olo Dragonbane has a great story about some self-inflicted dakka.

Not enough dakka. But yes, ToS has a history of dakka abuse. Olodakka was awesome, and marbledakka was bards on crack.

OP, missing Girallon's Blessing. =P

golentan
2009-12-16, 08:08 PM
With an ititiator level of 15 you cannot take time stands still. Weapon focus (handcrossbow) would be better than rapid reload. Personally I think warblade X / Battle Sorceror Y / Jade Pheonix Mage 10 / Warblade X would do better.

Which is why you take the magic items which grant you it as an ability, as in my OP.

Hmm. The haste wording says "One extra attack with any weapon," which I always interpreted as one more attack/weapon. I guess I'll have to revise.

And yeah, there's never enuff Dakka. But this is getting closer for me, even if approaching it is asymptotic.

Boci
2009-12-16, 08:11 PM
Which is why you take the magic items which grant you it as an ability, as in my OP.

Do those items allow you to overide the initiator level requirement?

golentan
2009-12-16, 08:28 PM
Do those items allow you to overide the initiator level requirement?

I believe so. It requires the Prerequisite of the maneuver (which are almost always "X moves from the discipline), but says nothing about initiator level. Since the two have separate texts, and it specifies these items as good ways to introduce martial abilities to an existing campaign? Eh.

In any event, our initiator level is now 17 as of my revision, so it doesn't much matter.

golentan
2009-12-16, 08:45 PM

Originally it was actually ~1200; Now it's up to ~1700. The rate of fire per xbow is about 1/4th that (two of them are higher than the other two).

9mm
2009-12-16, 09:29 PM
on the concept of OloDakka... lack of splitting makes me sad.

ghashxx
2009-12-16, 11:10 PM
On crazy stuff like this I usually just roll my eyes and close the tab. But maxing out this number of bow attacks? That makes me smile, thanks for the awesome!

FMArthur
2009-12-16, 11:34 PM
Before it gets mentioned as an issue or "solved" with expensive weapon enhancements: He can reload with a Spare Hand (12000gp).

Hand Crossbow Focus is a feat from Drow of the Underdark that gives you Rapid Reload and Weapon Focus in one feat, making it strictly superior when using that weapon.

golentan
2009-12-16, 11:46 PM
Before it gets mentioned as an issue or "solved" with expensive weapon enhancements: He can reload with a Spare Hand (12000gp).

Hand Crossbow Focus is a feat from Drow of the Underdark that gives you Rapid Reload and Weapon Focus in one feat, making it strictly superior when using that weapon.

I figured there were so many ways to solve the reloading problem that it wasn't worth mentioning. But yeah, if you think it's worth mentioning I can include it.

Hand crossbow focus sounds good, I'll look it up.