PDA

View Full Version : A Little help

Thefurmonger
2009-12-16, 06:25 PM
This is for the Arena

Hey all, so Im having a Ball in my first play by post, the Neverending Dungeon.

Anyway im ready to start Arena and was hopeing you guys could look over my character and give any oppinions.

Muscles McGoo (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=173082)

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to give me an oppinion.

Also please be gentle, this is my first shot at an arena char.

Yukitsu
2009-12-16, 06:30 PM
I recommend you get Tavar to DM you. Tanaric rolls too many above 15s.

You'll want some self healing or healing later on. It'll get hard relying on items forever.

Fix your charisma before you face something with ego wip. I'm expecting something with that to be on like, the third floor.

Boci
2009-12-16, 06:30 PM
In an arena initiative if fairy crucial. Even if a caster doesn't pull some fell draining magic missile stunt, what are you're chances against a coloured spray? (ironically enough you'd probably have a greater chance at surviving the CDG than the spell). I'd retrain exstended rage to improved initiative. Combat won't last long enough for you to need it.

Oh wait, this isn't an arena? Okay. I still think you should retrain exstended rage. With you con mod I doubt you will be needing it.

Yukitsu
2009-12-16, 06:32 PM
In an arena initiative if fairy crucial. Even if a caster doesn't pull some fell draining magic missile stunt, what are you're chances against a coloured spray? (ironically enough you'd probably have a greater chance at surviving the CDG than the spell). I'd retrain exstended rage to improved initiative. Combat won't last long enough for you to need it.

Oh wait, this isn't an arena? Okay. I still think you should retrain exstended rage. With you con mod I doubt you will be needing it.

He'll want steadfast determination later on for that.

Frankly, he should want it now.

Thefurmonger
2009-12-16, 06:33 PM
Yes THIS IS ARENA

color spray I wasnt that worried about due to the 15' range. but you are more then likley right.

HCL
2009-12-16, 07:07 PM
I don't think you can take pathetic cha twice, especially if it reduces your cha to 2

hes decent. I think 22 str would be more beneficial than 22 con though

Thefurmonger
2009-12-16, 07:13 PM
Is there any reason why you cant have a 2 cha? I started with an 8.

I cant see where it says I cant take pathetic twice, but if it is there please let me know as there were a few other flaws that didnt look that bad.

As for the 22 str vs 22 con. I figured 2 attacks per round doing 1d10+10 was good enough.

From what I have seen in Arena a good amount of HP really helps. however you may be right as the +1 to hit might help a lot.

Boci
2009-12-16, 07:15 PM
Is there any reason why you cant have a 2 cha? I started with an 8.

I cant see where it says I cant take pathetic twice, but if it is there please let me know as there were a few other flaws that didnt look that bad.

There's a passage in core somewhere that reccomends DMs do not allow a PC with less than 3 in any mental state. Also there's the whole ego whip/cha drainer thing.

Douglas
2009-12-16, 07:30 PM
This game is gestalt. What's your other class?

Has the DM approved ignoring the prerequisites of spelltouched feats? I don't think it's even possible for a level 1 character to have had Stoneskin or Iron Body cast on him before selecting feats, and I'd expect you to have to arrange for it to happen, by hiring a caster or buying an item if you can't cast it yourself, rather than being able to just assume it happened for free in your nebulous past.

You have no means of healing yourself other than rest, which is painfully slow and rather dangerous in this dungeon. Without that you will lose through attrition if nothing else.

Your will save is just asking to die. You will face Color Spray several times before you reach level 3, and failing the save even once is practically guaranteed death.

Thefurmonger
2009-12-17, 02:36 AM
Guys really.... Agian I will say this is for the Arena.

This is NOT for TND but for Arena. this is not gestalt.

And yes spelltouched is a go BTW.

I do apreciate all the replies, but again this is for the Arena not TND