PDA

View Full Version : 12 lvl bard build help

Kilmrak
2009-12-16, 06:31 PM
I need help making a 12th lvl bard for tomorrows session, since ive never made one I figured i would ask the playground. 3.5 ed, all books except for tome of battle,tome of magic and incantrix and psionics also not allowed.
I was planing a strait bard but multi calssing is fine, standard WBL and I will roll out stats later, also I need a race.

thank you in advance

Myrmex
2009-12-16, 06:43 PM
How many in your party regularly make attacks? Because you could definitely add a lot with inspire courage.

Here's a good place to start:
The Bard's Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870498/The_Bards_Handbook)

DownwardSpiral
2009-12-16, 06:54 PM
all books except for tome of battle,tome of magic and incantrix and psionics also not allowed.

thank you in advance

Well, that's a shame. warblade/bard and crusader/bard is pretty sweet.

Anywho, There's an item in the MIC that increases your inspire courage by another +1, badge of valor I think it's called. And then Song of the heart in......Crap, I can't remember, but that's another +1. Use Dragonfire Inspiration to change all the +1s to +1d6 fire damage, and go crazy.

...That's pretty much the extent of optimizing bards. Unless you also want to squeeze sublime cord for a level, and then jump to another PrC that advances spellcasting and actually gets class features.

Kilmrak
2009-12-16, 06:58 PM
How many in your party regularly make attacks? Because you could definitely add a lot with inspire courage.

Here's a good place to start:
The Bard's Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870498/The_Bards_Handbook)

party of four with probably 2 attackers but not sure since it starts tomorrow

Pluto
2009-12-16, 07:06 PM
Bard 8/Virtuoso 2/Sublime Chord 2 (going into more Virtuoso) is a pretty generic and quite powerful build: Good skill points (despite SC prereqs), Spells as a level-equivalent sorcerer, Bard songs comparable to a straight bard...
(though you might prefer B9/V1/S/V... Inspire Greatness can be very useful)

Toss the Melodic Casting feat in to activate music while you cast.

It requires Complete Arcane and Complete Mage.

From that framework you can't really go wrong, no matter what you do.

Mongoose87
2009-12-16, 07:11 PM
Bard 8/Virtuoso 2/Sublime Chord 2 (going into more Virtuoso) is a pretty generic and quite powerful build: Good skill points (despite SC prereqs), Spells as a level-equivalent sorcerer, Bard songs comparable to a straight Bard...

Wouldn't that only advance Bard casting, and not Sublime Chord casting?

Pluto
2009-12-16, 07:14 PM
Wouldn't that only advance Bard casting, and not Sublime Chord casting?

Lyric Thaumaturge is the only class that specifically advances Bard casting.

Mongoose87
2009-12-16, 07:18 PM
Lyric Thaumaturge is the only class that specifically advances Bard casting.

But, you've taken Virtuoso before you took Sublime Chord, and you have to declare which class you're advancing at first level.

Pluto
2009-12-16, 07:24 PM
But, you've taken Virtuoso before you took Sublime Chord, and you have to declare which class you're advancing at first level.

:smallconfused:
The Virtuoso uses the same spellcasting advancement method as most PrCs.

If he had more than one arcane spellcasting class before becoming a virtuoso, he must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day and spells known.
(Emphasis mine.)

Kilmrak
2009-12-16, 07:52 PM
Thank you very much for your Ideas and suggestions I believe I can create my character now

Mongoose87
2009-12-16, 08:00 PM
Wow, I never noticed that. I'd always thought it restricted you to one. My life is completely changed!