PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite Explosive Runes?

Tao the Ninja
2009-12-16, 08:05 PM
Not sure if anyone's done this before, but...

The thread name says it all. Post your fave Explosive Runes usage between #1 and #695. Please include the strip number.

My choice is Explosive Runes Brand Coffee: good to the last boom! (strip 317)

silversaraph
2009-12-16, 08:11 PM
Considering there have only been four or so, that's not an overwhelming sample size, but...

The one in the current comic takes the cake, if that counts.

Tao the Ninja
2009-12-16, 08:21 PM
Considering there have only been four or so, that's not an overwhelming sample size, but...

The one in the current comic takes the cake, if that counts.

if you mean 695, there was no Rune, just a large explosion. I meant the spell that Vaarsuvius casts.

drengnikrafe
2009-12-16, 08:46 PM
if you mean 695, there was no Rune, just a large explosion. I meant the spell that Vaarsuvius casts.

To be fair, it's been speculated that the spell is effectively Explosive Runes on crack, and your first post didn't specify Vaarsuvius.

In any case, the coffee one hit home less with me because I don't actually drink coffee. That being said, I believe I am most fond of the 'alternate bill' for Miko, and the way in which V tricks Belkar.

Tao the Ninja
2009-12-16, 08:52 PM
To be fair, it's been speculated that the spell is effectively Explosive Runes on crack, and your first post didn't specify Vaarsuvius.

In any case, the coffee one hit home less with me because I don't actually drink coffee. That being said, I believe I am most fond of the 'alternate bill' for Miko, and the way in which V tricks Belkar.

You mean like an Epic version? I guess maybe, but noone really read anything. Also, Vaarsuvius is the only one who is proven to cast ER, so it's largely irrelevant that I mentioned V.

Forbiddenwar
2009-12-16, 09:00 PM
A wizard never loses their ticket (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0173.html), It Is Always Exactly Where They Intend It to Be!

Edit: Cut the OP some slack. Out of the four explosive rune spells that are shown in the comic, which is your favorite. This is a forum poll. We can count the votes and see if there is an overwhelming favorite or not.

drengnikrafe
2009-12-16, 09:08 PM
I didn't mean to be mean about it, I meant to point out the validity of the first responder. I understood his intentions.

EDIT: OP, you should probably provide links to the explosive runes examples, so that even people who didn't memorize their favorite can realize which they prefer at that moment.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-12-16, 09:09 PM
All of them.

Andric
2009-12-16, 10:39 PM
the one on the phylactory

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0659.html

Watcher
2009-12-16, 11:32 PM
I believe you mean that I shouldn't blow Miko up (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0221.html).

Dire Moose
2009-12-17, 12:03 AM
By the way, even if "Explosive Runes" wasn't spelled correctly, the note would still go boom. It doesn't matter what the message actually says.

Manicotti
2009-12-17, 12:10 AM
Definitely the phylactery one. Such a simple, but potent way to turn Xykon's own speech on the nature of power back on him.

Forbiddenwar
2009-12-17, 12:31 AM
By the way, even if "Explosive Runes" wasn't spelled correctly, the note would still go boom. It doesn't matter what the message actually says.

in D&D perhaps, but not necessarily in OotS.

Dire Moose
2009-12-17, 12:39 AM
in D&D perhaps, but not necessarily in OotS.
V didn't mention the words "Explosive Runes" in the message he wrote on the phylactery, and it still kaboomed.

Kish
2009-12-17, 12:47 AM
The point of saying it wouldn't work because Vaarsuvius had deliberately misspelled it was just to trick Belkar into reading it.

OffTheWall
2009-12-17, 12:48 AM
The phylactery, simply because it had been so long since we had last seen one at the time.