PDA

View Full Version : Crafting & Professions

Rasman
2009-12-16, 09:37 PM
So, I've been thinking about adding either a Craft or Profession to my current character, but I can't really find any rules about making items or fulfilling a profession. Anyone know any specific books, tables, pages or sites or threads I should look at?

Assassin89
2009-12-16, 09:42 PM
Did you try looking in the PHB under the craft skill (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/craft.htm)? Not sure about how profession works, except for the one check per week and the result relates to wages somehow.

Rasman
2009-12-17, 12:25 AM
Did you try looking in the PHB under the craft skill (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/craft.htm)? Not sure about how profession works, except for the one check per week and the result relates to wages somehow.

I understand it at that level, I suppose, what I'm trying to figure out is how to craft an item with specific benefits.

What I'm basically trying to make is a Martially Attuned Blossom Cutter Longspear or Glaive, possibly with other effects like Ki Focus, Wounding, Speed, Dancing, Whirling or Resounding. But I don't really understand what materials I'm supposed to collect.

Zaydos
2009-12-17, 12:31 AM
A wizard with Craft Magic Arms and Armor?

tyckspoon
2009-12-17, 12:35 AM
Magical effects are added with the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat. You have to be a spellcaster with the appropriate spells to do it. The best you can achieve with the mundane Craft skill, at least under standard rules, is to make a Masterwork item.

If you already understood that and just are wondering what you have to do to actually use Craft Magic Arms- get some GP. Make a big pile out of it. Watch it spontaneously disintegrate as magic builds up in whatever you're making. The rules greatly abstract the components for magic items; the only game requirement is that you pay a certain GP cost and a certain XP cost. What exactly comprises all that GP doesn't really matter, as long as it's suitably valuable.

taltamir
2009-12-17, 12:38 AM
Step 1: Craft a masterwork item. Only masterwork items are enchantable
Step 2: Have a wizard enchant it.

The ONLY attributes you can do using mundane craft skills is create the item, make it masterwork, and use an exotic material (duskwood, mythral, adamantium, alchemical silver, cold iron, etc).

The following are magical enchantments you need a caster to add to your masterwork item:
Martially Attuned Blossom Cutter, Ki Focus, Wounding, Speed, Dancing, Whirling or Resounding

The following are doable with the craft skill:
Longspear or Glaive

Rasman
2009-12-17, 01:00 AM
Step 1: Craft a masterwork item. Only masterwork items are enchantable
Step 2: Have a wizard enchant it.

The ONLY attributes you can do using mundane craft skills is create the item, make it masterwork, and use an exotic material (duskwood, mythral, adamantium, alchemical silver, cold iron, etc).

The following are magical enchantments you need a caster to add to your masterwork item:
Martially Attuned, Blossom Cutter, Ki Focus, Wounding, Speed, Dancing, Whirling or Resounding

The following are doable with the craft skill:
Longspear or Glaive

ok, so with the craft skill I can only create the basic form. THAT is what I didnt' really understand because it didn't make sense how I was supposed to make a weapon Martially Attuned, but I get it now...thnx everyone