PDA

View Full Version : Bard 100

drengnikrafe
2009-12-16, 09:52 PM
I became rather curious for no known reason not all that long ago. "What could I do with a hundred levels in bard?"

So, rather then spend days investigating various feats only to be massively outclassed by better optimization. In any case, here is the thought.

-100 levels, with at least a few in bard. I'm mostly looking for something to inspire a party. That being said...
- The whole point of this particular idea is to buff the party up to it's maximum.

That being said... how would I go about doing that?

Tavar
2009-12-16, 09:55 PM
100 levels? Why in God's name would you do that? The game basically breaks down at level 21, 79 levels earlier.

drengnikrafe
2009-12-16, 09:56 PM
100 levels? Why in God's name would you do that? The game basically breaks down at level 21, 79 levels earlier.

Because I'm bored, curious, and my gaming group is really busy right now.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-16, 09:56 PM
Bard 10/Sublime Chord 2/Virtuoso 10/Bard 10/Warchanter 10/Legendary Captain 10/Anything else that progresses Bardic Music. The key is boosting that to unreasonable heights(Song of the Heart, Dragonfire Inspiration), and grabbing Epic Spellcasting along the way. Then winning everything, ever.

Seatbelt
2009-12-16, 09:57 PM
The responses you'll get are take 20 levels of bard, and then 20 levels of wizard, and wizard prcs, and then cleric and cleric prcs, and get epic spellcasting, and craft an epic spell more powerful than all 20 bard levels.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-16, 09:59 PM
The responses you'll get are take 20 levels of bard, and then 20 levels of wizard, and wizard prcs, and then cleric and cleric prcs, and get epic spellcasting, and craft an epic spell more powerful than all 20 bard levels.Sublime Chord. At least it pays lip service to being a Bard, while retaining the "Epic Spellcasting" win button that is more powerful than infinite levels of everything else.

FMArthur
2009-12-16, 11:00 PM
How's this for epic buffing: give everyone in the world every ability, ever. Seriously, everyone who comes here to ask about ridiculously high epic level play doesn't quite seem to understand all of what that entails. Why is this? :smalleek:

Sir_Elderberry
2009-12-16, 11:02 PM
"I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the earth"

Flickerdart
2009-12-16, 11:08 PM
Haha, yes. Epic-spell yourself infinite range for your Bardsong, infinite duration and the Timeless Body effect on everyone affected. Nobody will ever get injured, fall sick or die ever again.

Myrmex
2009-12-16, 11:11 PM

If your DM lets the party casters chain gate, sure. But if the DM is going to let that happen, then the game already broke down as soon as someone could afford a candle of invocation.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-16, 11:17 PM
If your DM lets the party casters chain gate, sure. But if the DM is going to let that happen, then the game already broke down as soon as someone could afford a candle of invocation.Leadership and Epic Leadership work for it, too, just not as well. There's also other ways around it, including making massive amounts of cash then using it for material components.

Fortuna
2009-12-16, 11:21 PM
At the levels we're talking about, and with a Charisma-focused character no less, how hard would it be to pull out a leadership score high enough to get level 24 followers (yes, the plural is intentional)?

Milskidasith
2009-12-16, 11:25 PM
It would be very hard without just epic spellcasting your charisma score to infinity. Getting a higher level follower requires exponentially higher scores... I have a (level 15) gestalt character with a 55 leadership score, and IIRC he would need much more to get a level 10 follower. To get level 24 followers would require a score of 55*2^14th, if I remember the formula for followers right.

Fortuna
2009-12-16, 11:28 PM
Ah. So *does some maths* you need a Charisma modifier of 901020, so a Charisma of 901025*2=1802050. Ummm. That be big number. Perhaps a better way to do it is Cohorts with leadership and epic leadership?

Nate the Snake
2009-12-16, 11:30 PM
At the levels we're talking about, and with a Charisma-focused character no less, how hard would it be to pull out a leadership score high enough to get level 24 followers (yes, the plural is intentional)?

Technically, you can't have level 24 followers. Epic Leadership caps them at 20th. Not that that really makes a difference at the levels we're talking about anyway.

Milskidasith
2009-12-16, 11:30 PM
I'm pretty sure cohorts can't take leadership or epic leadership. There are a few feats that let you get a few more followers (I think one was 2x as many, and another was 10x as many, but epic), but they don't affect the highest level follower you have.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-16, 11:31 PM
Technically, you can't have level 24 followers. Epic Leadership caps them at 20th. Not that that really makes a difference at the levels we're talking about anyway.It means your Followers can't be Epic Spellcasters. That matters.

Milskidasith
2009-12-16, 11:34 PM
It means your Followers can't be Epic Spellcasters. That matters.

Early entry with loredrake and dusk giant in some kind of horrible combo?

taltamir
2009-12-17, 12:15 AM
epic magic breaks reality via mitigation abuses that make it DC0. As DC0 it takes the minimum time (1 day) to research and is free to do so.

Without mitigation, duplicating low level spells is impossible. Where duplicating a typical 5th level spell requiring you to be level 50 and pay a half a million in gold and 20,000xp to research without mitigation.

Any caster who gets epic magic automatically wins DnD. As in, he slaps gods around.

Kallisti
2009-12-17, 01:30 AM
Need Charisma, you say?

Dear Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu, this year for Christmas I want a Sarrukh...

DragonBaneDM
2009-12-17, 02:06 AM
"What could I do with a hundred levels in bard?"

You would sing REALLY well. :)

Temotei
2009-12-17, 02:11 AM
You can use wish for +5 to every ability score, including Charisma. I'm sure if you made an "epic wish" you could go to infinite lengths with it, though. Epic spellcasting...:smallyuk:

Ice&Fire
2009-12-17, 02:13 AM
Early entry with loredrake and dusk giant in some kind of horrible combo?

I've heard the dusk giant suggestion before. What/where/why dusk giant?

Eloel
2009-12-17, 02:41 AM
I've heard the dusk giant suggestion before. What/where/why dusk giant?

Dusk Giants can somehow (I dunno how, nor do I know where they are) get 24 ranks in a skill pre-epic...

Fortuna
2009-12-17, 02:45 AM
How the dusk giant trick works is simple. They have an ability which gets them up to 24 hit dice, ok? You polymorph/wildshape into one, and then use the ability to get up to 24 HD. These are your hit dice for now, so you use Psychic Reformation to put in skill points to get yourself up to 27 ranks in whatever. You then polymorph back All of the 27s are from your own skill points, so you keep them. Done.

Tyndmyr
2009-12-17, 02:49 AM
If your DM lets the party casters chain gate, sure. But if the DM is going to let that happen, then the game already broke down as soon as someone could afford a candle of invocation.

Chain gate? The hell with chain gate, once you have epic spellcasting, the game basically becomes a "What's the craziest thing I can think up?". That could include gating. It could include researching an ever escalating series of insanely powerful buffs, each of which lets you research more badass spells. It could include creating your own world and populating it with monsters and adventurers, who you watch run around like rats in a maze.

The point is, all limits are long, long gone ridiculously before you'll hit level 100, making actually reaching that level mostly irrelevant.

Randel
2009-12-17, 03:05 AM
The Music Meister sings the song that the world wants to hear!
Lets not fight, lets get along. For our hypnotic propatear.
The Music Meister sings the song that the world must obey!
So do your job, steal all you can! While you're under his sway! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iYhQKkehHE&feature=related)

Or to better see whats happening, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV5FqZSliig&feature=related).

In essence, put max skills into diplomacy, perform, and bluff. Maybe take some ranks of that paragon prestige class that lets you use a skill for diplomacy or something.

Then, get max ranks in playing a lyre. Get a lyre of building. Find some way to play that lyre constantly without stopping to rest (maybe be a warforged or a lich... or a renegade mastermaker if thats possible.)

Find some way to sing to everyone in the world and possibly gods.

Get absurd skill checks on perform to turn everyone you come into contact with into your fanatical minions.

Use the lyre to remake your surroundings into your image (maybe get some ranks in architecture and sculpting. Heck, learn how to make everything. You've got the skill points.)

Take over the world, destroy all forests, excavate all mountains, and build giant sculptures of yourself and temples dedicated to your greatness. Turn the gods themselves into your drooling fangirls and make them remake reality in your image. Have all the spellcasters in the world outfit all your statues and temples with giants screens that broadcast your music forever.

Then start invading the other planes, broadcasting your signal into heaven and hell to turn the very abyss into a big musical. Beam your songs into the Far Plane and make the eldrich horrors from beyond reality itself weep with their many eyes and dance to your tune.

If you run into trouble, get all your followers (read: Everyone) to use Aid Another to boost your song even higher.

If Pun Pun shows up, convert him to your side.

Kaiyanwang
2009-12-17, 05:29 AM
Bard 10/Sublime Chord 2/Virtuoso 10/Bard 10/Warchanter 10/Legendary Captain 10/Anything else that progresses Bardic Music. The key is boosting that to unreasonable heights(Song of the Heart, Dragonfire Inspiration), and grabbing Epic Spellcasting along the way. Then winning everything, ever.

Yeah, something like this. Adding in all the feats that expand the options of bardic music (both for effects and target) and adding in PrCs with new songs.

Could be very beautiful.

Kris Strife
2009-12-17, 08:02 AM
In addition to stuff like Dragonfire Inspiration, I'd suggest a dip in Paladin using Devoted Performer to get Divine Grace to make your saves truely insane.