PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis Squad, Cadian 113th (IC)

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 12:30 AM
995999.M41

Log Entry: Captain Winters, Echo Company, 2nd Battalion, 113th Cadian.

The Archenemy has been savagely attacking Cadia for weeks now, and we have been chomping at the bit to get a chance to kick that traitor scum back into the Eye. We had been on planet for less than 12 hours, having been redeployed from our garrison post on Varis 6. Nothing could have prepared us for what we found on landing. The enemy was everywhere. The battle lines were fluid and shifted hour to hour, or were simply non-existent, battle groups groping for the enemy in no man’s land. Most of the Kasr’s were in enemy hands, besieged, or destroyed. The few that weren’t were being used as staging grounds for fresh regiments brought in from of world.

I was called into a briefing by Major Thayer, my Battalion commander. Kasr Lisburn, 97km South, South West of us was heavily besieged by the enemy. If Lisburn fell the enemy would have a straight run at Kasr Belfast, our staging grounds and, the only Star Port still in Imperial hands. The major wanted a recon sweep of the ground leading to Lisburn, to find and located what enemy forces were guarding their flank. Echo was given that task.

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 12:50 AM
The night sky to the North flared with light from the Belfast Star Port as heavy bulk Landers brought down fresh troops from the orbital transports. To the South the flashes of heavy artillery in and around Lizburn lit the horizon. Here in no man’s land everything was, quiet, and still, almost as if Cadia itself was holding its breath, waiting to see what would come next.

Sergeant Brock chewed on the end of his unlit cigar. Light protocol was in effect so it was against regs to light it. It might give away the unit’s position. The squad had left its Chimeras back in a shallow gully and had then proceeded South on foot. The unit was spread in a loose skirmish line as it advanced, looking for signs of the Enemy.

"Nemesis Squad, Vox check. Sound off?" Brock sub-vocalized into his Micro-Bead.

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-17, 01:14 AM
Draxis:

"Forre operating nominally," the tech priest instantly replied in a low, flat voice. He kept his eyes glued to his auspex as he walked with the line, hellpistol gripped his free hand. Nothing to report, he listened to the near-silent murmurs of the rest of the squad that he had been directed to accompany as they sounded off in turn.

He let the question as to whether his assignment to a simple guard recon squad had any meaning cogitate in some unused circuitry while he applied his acute intelligence to the task of not getting surprised. With the auspex, his minor eye augmentations, and the photo-visor which was turning night into day, he was confident that he would be able to pick out any threats before they were in striking range.

crazedloon
2009-12-17, 01:18 AM
Igs

Igs chewed on the end of a cigarette, he rolled them himself, and checked his launcher one last time. It clicked closed and Igs looked around as the sarg's voice chirped in his ear. He had managed to find a crater left from an earlier artillery strike and was crouched down leaning against the earthen wall.

Oi sarge, this is Igs reporting in. When we going to blow up some traitor scum?

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-17, 01:23 AM
Silvanus was running overwatch, like nearly always. A Sniper was best in the back, after all. Up front, he was just another trooper, probably less skilled then the average man. But from here, he was deadly. He had his Lasgun out, fingering one of his Hot Shots, still not sure if he should load it, or keep the normal Charge he had in there.

"Silvanus, check."

The Sniper didn't say anything else, just keeping his eyes open, searching for any threats to his unit. Each man had a job, and Silvanus trusted them to do it, just like he hoped they trusted him.

Don't know what I prefer. The moment before they come, or the moment after.

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 01:26 AM
"Cut the chatter Igs." Brock replied. He understood the trooper's desire to get into the fight, he shared it. He had been born in Lizburn after all. He wasn't sure if his parents were alive or dead. He had found their names on the M.I.A. rolls, that was something at least. With any luck they were alive and in the tunnels under Lizburn.

crazedloon
2009-12-17, 01:32 AM
Igs

Igs chuckled quietly to himself. The sarge always told him to shut up. He slung the grenade launcher down on its strap to his right thigh and readied his lasgun checking its sights and standing up to join the rest of the units slow quite trudge across no mans land.

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 02:20 AM
Brock listened as the rest of the squad checked in. “All right grunts, slow forward to contact. Remember, we are on Recon duty. Do not fire unless fired upon, that goes double for you Igs. We find the bad guys and report, not bring on a general engagement. Move out.”

Brock started forward, wondering why his squad had been saddled with all the extra baggage. A commissar, his adjutant, a confessor, and a tech priest; just what did command know that they weren’t telling him?

crazedloon
2009-12-17, 02:28 AM
Igs

Igs laughed into the micro bead

Oi boss, you saying I am a wee bit to twitchy or something? Silvanus prolly do it before me, what with all the moody stalking and the like.

He continued to chuckle at the comm as he peered around for any contacts

awareness [roll0] (per 29)

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-17, 02:31 AM
Silvanus had the keep a laugh in at that.

"Shut up, Igs. I've got you covered, sir. I won't mark em till they open fire."

Should we roll Awareness?

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 02:44 AM
Brock smiled into the gloom. Troopers chattered when they were on edge, it was just the way of things. He held off admonishing them for lack of vox discipline. Let the commissar earn her pay.

Always a good idea.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-17, 03:03 AM
[roll0] Against 34. Apply modifier as appropriate.

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-17, 05:17 AM
Rotha

A woman who, had her parents chosen a different profession, would have been beautiful stepped into place behind the Sergeant. Her soft face and pale blue eyes would have made most men jump at the chance to bed her. But the ice-cold look in her eye, and a scar running from jaw to temple warded off all but the most determined of suitors. Of course, those suitors of the hardest make were finally put off by the deep crimson hat bearing the golden aquila. The commissar does not participate in the check, because she had already tested her equipment and the sergeant knew she was standing within arm's reach. However, once the radio began to get cluttered she sub-vocalized one short statement.

"In my old regiment, we shot men who kept the vox-link cluttered."

She didn't turn to look at either soldier that had been talking. She didn't nod her head. She didn't make even the slightest of movements at the mention of executing soldiers. A light tap of her finger turns off the micro-bead and she looks toward the sergeant.

"Your men aren't very well disciplined, sergeant."

crazedloon
2009-12-17, 05:34 AM
Igs

Igs smirked at the ladies remarks and leaned closer to the closest guardsman and whispered

No wonder she had to switch regiments. She prolly killed them all. I swear the stick they shove up their asses gets bigger every year.

Valgunn
2009-12-17, 08:33 AM
Xiv

Xiv walked behind the sergeant and the commissar with an unhurried stealth, her autogun's silenced muzzle pointing down as she moved. "You forgot to turn your bead off, Igs." The vox operator chimed in through his ear as he informed another guardsman about his distaste at the increasing size of the standard issue sticks the commissars were issued. "Dumb luck she turned hers off." She had 'til then kept out of the chatter speaking only when the sergeant had called everyone to sound off.

OOC
"Awareness" - [roll0] success is under 38. 48 for Sight.
"Concealment" - [roll1] success under 34 and is opposed by everybody else's Awareness.

Edit: My Concealment shouldn't have been rolled anyway, it's supposed to be a response to somebody trying to see me.

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-17, 09:12 AM
Draxis:

The tech-priest fiddled with the auspex, but, even intoning infrasonic blessings to the Omnissiah, he had no success in tuning the output. Draxis became so distracted by the tech that he lost focus on the overall goal - paying attention to what might be in the dark.

Irritably, he keyed his micro bead and whispered, "The animus of this holy auspex is offended by your chatter. Please be silent."

Photo-visor equipped.
Awareness:[roll0] vs. 48 -Per/2 (untrained) +20 (Auspex) + 10 (maybe, heightened sight)
Tech Use: [roll1] vs 53 - Int+10 to determine presence of things outside of human sensory perception.

Krrth
2009-12-17, 09:32 AM
Zane

Zane clicked his microbead to transmit just long enough to check it. It took a moment to activate: Perhaps a glitch? He'd have to have the techpriest take a look at it when he gets a spare moment.

Zane checking in, Sir.

Looking around, Zane tries to spot anything out of the ordinary. He's not really sure why an MP was assigned to a recon patrol, but then again it really didn't matter. His commanders surely knew what they were doing.

Awareness check, goal 35 :[roll0]

crazedloon
2009-12-17, 09:58 AM
Igs

Oi damn. Least I don't have a new hole in my face yet.

Igs than fiddles with the bead in his ear attempting get it to turn off and gets a chirp as it stops transmitting.

technology almost as useless as its priest

He mutters to himself.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-17, 12:13 PM
Slivanus kept quiet that time, but he was lightly chuckling. The Commissar didn't frighten him all that much, as he knew another death was out there for him. But annoying the Tech Priest was rarely a good idea.

Has the enemy gone to bed?

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 03:53 PM
Sergeant Brock almost bit his unlit cigar in half, biting back an angry rebuke at the commissar’s comment. He took a deep breath and let it go, hopping the commissar wasn’t the type to shoot men for minor infractions. The ones that used too much of the iron gauntlet tended to have short careers, do to friendly fire accidents.

The rolling hills, scrub brush and sporadic corpses of trees remained eerily silent and still. The area had seen some sporadic shelling, evident from the craters scattered about. Nemesis was now only forty five KM from Lizburn. The dull thump of artillery echoing distantly, long seconds after the flash of the strike. The Kasr was burning as evident by the hellish glow and pall of thick black smoke rising above it.

Silvanus As you scan with your scope, you notice something odd in the rock covered lee of a small hillock, some 200 metres distant. Some of the rocks shifted, slowly silently aside.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-17, 04:32 PM
Silvanus puts the Rifle up to his eye, aiming at the specific spot. If it was the enemy forces, he'd drop one the moment they started firing.

"Shut up everyone. Sargeant Brock, 200 meters ahead. the small hillock. We've got movement. Something up there is shifting the rocks. Holding fire as ordered."

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 05:33 PM
Brock dropped into a crouch, raising his arm and closing his hand into a fist. “Contact.” He said, the simple word implying so much. “Silvanus, keep eyes on. Second team, set up and overwatch from here. Igs, Zane, Draxis, Vance and Father Krampus, with me.” The commissar and her adjutant were beyond his authority and would do as she willed, so he just hopped they would stay out of the way.

He set of, slowly, carefully and quietly picking his way toward the hillock. He drew his chainsword and bolt pistol in one smooth motion. He scanned his pistol back and forth as he advanced searching for targets.

Everyone
Move silently please, and everyone is allowed another awareness test now Silvanus someone has noticed.

Xiv Your micro bead is linked into the vox caster on your back. You hear something over the net, some kind of interference or feedback. For a full action you can give me a tech use to try to figure it out.

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-17, 06:11 PM
The electro-priest moved quickly to follow the sergeant, trying hard to be silent while still frustratedly fiddling... er, performing the operation rites of the auspex.

Suddenly, the auspex's display snapped into clear focus as Draxis dialed it in on the area indicated by the sniper, providing a wealth of information and clearly allowing him to pick out the movement.

Unfortunately, the distraction led to his carapace armor clicking together more noisily than his squadmates likely desired.

Awareness:[roll0] vs 48
Tech-Use, if applicable:[roll1] vs 53
Move Silently:[roll2] vs 19 (37/2)

crazedloon
2009-12-17, 06:53 PM
Igs

Igs changes his focus to the direction indicating trying to pick out anything that might help his keep his head. He followed the sarge quickly staying low trying to make no noise.

[roll0] vs 15
[roll1] vs 15

[roll2] vs 29

Lycan 01
2009-12-17, 08:08 PM
Father Lucius Krampus had been busy discussing matters of theology with a Guardsman, and he'd been too busy saving a soul to spend his breath on a Vox check. Just as their conversation had come to a close (the teary eyed Guardsman had thanked Lucius for showing him the error of his way and saving his soul from the condemnation that awaited him), the call of "contact!" had spread amongst the ranks.

Lucius dropped to a kneel, and quickly prepared for the coming storm. His right hand shot to his belt, and quickly drew his las pistol. With his left hand, he removed the Aquila necklace he wore, and quickly wound the metal chain around his wrist so that it wouldn't make any noise. He then ran the charm across the dirt, ("Emperor forgive me, I mean no offense, such an affront is required to bring You greater glory..." he whispered) covering it in a light coating of dust so that it wouldn't reflect.

(In case you're wondering, the Aquila necklace is for encouraging the troops. I figured it would be more affective if I can wave it in people's faces than if it dangles under mine. I wrapped it tightly and dusted it so it wouldn't give away my position... *looks at chances for Silent Move* Oh my. Uh... Any hopes of the Emperor smiling on me since I used the common sense he gave me? :smalleek:)

Rolls:
Awareness: [roll0] vs 32
Move Silently: [roll1] vs 13

(edit: Please?! :eek:)

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-17, 08:18 PM
Silvanus stays still, the Scope pulled up to his eye, waiting for that first shot that meant it was time to bring the pain.

"Aye. I've got eyes on it."

Silvanus spoke in low tones, not wanting to upset the Las' aim.

[roll0] vs. 34 Awareness, if needed.
[roll1] vs. 17 Concealment, if need again.

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 09:11 PM
Silvanus You watch the rocks carefully, tunnel blind to everything else going on around you. It seems to be some kind of hidden hatch buried beneath it.

Lycan01 The gloom of night makes it difficult to see anything in great detail. But there is definitely movement ahead in the lee of a hillock. You also hear the clanking of heavy plates, coming from the Tech Priest as he moves with the troopers.

Igs In the gloom you see movement on the crest of the hillock, beneath some very scraggily looking trees. The sound of the Tech Priest’s clanking carapace plates drowns out anything else in the, otherwise, still night air.

Draxis The auspex gives solid returns. There is some form of structure built under the hillock, it also shows movement. Some dozen or so returns, but maybe more, you are at the very extent of it’s effective range, possible a little beyond it. Some of the returns seem to be with-in the structure, others seem to be above it.

crazedloon
2009-12-17, 09:20 PM
Igs
Igs notes the movement and sound and urgently sub-vocalizes

Will someone shut the damn tech up! He is going to get us killed!

He nervously check his Lasgun for any problems, checking the clip was securely in feeling the slight warmth rise from it as it charged the deadly weapon, sighted down the sights at the hill above and felt the familiar comfort of a weapon sitting in his shoulder just as his dad had taught him. He began the silent prayer passed from father to son as his feat moved swiftly up the hill flanking his sergeant and veering away from the loud tech priest. His eyes and gun crisscrossing the hill waiting for the bright light of enemy fire.

Lycan 01
2009-12-17, 09:33 PM
"I've got movement ahead..." Father Lucius murmers into his Vox-piece. "Anyone got eyes on that hillock up ahead?" As an afterthought, he adds with a small smile: "Please be careful, my Mechanicus brother. You're making quite a noise..."

The Confessor turns his attention back towards the movement ahead of him. He looks at the nearest Guardsman (Guardsmen?) near him, and holds the Aquila necklace aloft. "The Emperor protects..." He then nods solomnly, and then lowers the holy symbol, hoping that his gesture lends courage and strength to the man. Lucius smiles - the Emperor is with them. He can feel it...

Awareness: [roll0] vs 32
Silent Move: [roll1] vs 13

And, just for kicks...
Embolden the Troops: [roll2] vs 42 (Fel)

Krrth
2009-12-17, 09:37 PM
Zane

Zane froze as the word "Contact" came through. Following orders, he moved silently and kept his eyes open.
However, he apparently was too distracted by the tech priest because he failed both.

Awareness goal (35)
[ROLL/1d100 Move Silently goal(15):39 in ooc

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-17, 09:48 PM
Commissar

Rotha knew better than to execute them over such a minor infraction, but she knew it was the threat of execution that kept men in line more than the actual results. At least, until the fighting started. And it certainly seemed to be starting. She slows, crouches and falls in line behind the sergeant. Refusing or acting on her own would interfere with morale, and she was mostly here to observe and correct morale problems. She clicks her micro-bead back on then pulls out her laspistol quickly. Thinking quickly she attempts to soothe the nerves of the soldiers and sub-vocalizes across the vox-link.

"As long as we keep the Emperor in our hearts then no enemy can stand against us."

Awareness: [roll0] vs 36. Forgot my +10 from my commissar hat.
Command: [roll1] vs 30(40 against Guardsmen). To soothe some nerves.

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 10:33 PM
Damn Brock mutters low enough not to activate the micro-bead. “Cover!” He sub vocalized. [roll0] Command vs. 50 Bright red streaks of las fire and the dull cough and flash of heavy stubber fire light up the night, stabbing down from the hill top. The tracers from the heavy stubber track toward the clanking Tech Priest Draxis, while the las fire gropes out blindly for Father Lucius, Guardsman Igs, and Commissar Esmella.

The first fire team, all the PC’s but Silvanus are at 100 metres out. Silvanus and the second fire team are 200 metres out.

Thanks to Father Lucius, all PC's get a +20 to Willpower checks vs. fear and suppression.

Father Lucius: Las Rifle Fire [roll1] vs 20 (Base 30 +10 Semi auto, -20 Shadow)
Tech Priest Draxis: Heavy Stubber Fire [roll2] vs 20 (Base 30 +20 full auto, -20 shadow)
Guardsman Igs: Las Rifle Fire [roll3] vs 20 (Base 30 +10 Semi auto, -20 Shadow)
Commissar Esmella: Las Rifle Fire [roll4] vs 20 (Base 30 +10 Semi auto, -20 Shadow)

All the shots fly wide. In all some 6-8 lasguns and 1 heavy stubber are firing.

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-17, 10:38 PM
Draxis:

As shots lance out, the techpriest attempts to find cover and prepares his long las to return fire, taking aim.

He quickly relates what he learned to Brock:

"Sergeant, I am detecting a small structure built into the hill where your sniper indicated. There are a number of contacts, at least a dozen, maybe more. Some are aboveground, but I believe the majority are inside."

Disregard this post:
Slowing considerably to interpret the result of his auspex and to try to quiet the noise of his armor, Draxis hissed into the vox-bead.

"Sergeant, I am detecting a small structure built into the hill where your sniper indicated. There are a number of contacts, at least a dozen, maybe more. Some are aboveground, but I believe the majority are inside."

He then turned his attention more to picking his steps.

Move silently, if I can try again by moving more slowly:
[roll0] vs 19 ... not that I expect much of an improvement. If this is not ok, disregard.

OOC: Who, if anyone do I report to? The sergeant has military command of this mission, correct, and the commissar is independent of that? It is what I assumed.

Can I find cover, ready my long las, and take aim with my action this round?

Ceridan
2009-12-17, 10:53 PM
Group The ground has small rises and dips along with several impact craters, so there is cover. Those who wish to take it and fire will have their legs protected. Those who wish to take cover like craven scum will have full cover.

Sergeant Brock is in Command of the Squad and all report to him, save the Commissar and her adjutant, who are aside of the command structure. At least until Esmellia deems otherwise.

Draxis Yes, you kneel down(free action), Aim(Standard Action), and Fire(Standard Action).

Krrth
2009-12-17, 11:25 PM
Zane

Zane moves forward and takes limited cover in one of the craters. While it may not be much it's better than nothing.

Readying his gun, he prepared to give cover to others with longer ranged weapons.

crazedloon
2009-12-17, 11:37 PM
Igs

As the priest voice chirps over the vox bead...

Sounds like a bunker sarge Ill move forward and try to crack it.

Before he gets a affirmative to his actions he begins to move. He sprints up the hill letting his lasgun drop to his left swinging by its strap as he hefted the grenade launcher and spun the cylinder to the krak grenades. His feet moving from crater to crater as he swiftly as he can keeping his head down.

free action to change weapons
full action run up the hill at the bunker

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-17, 11:51 PM
Draxis:

Taking aim at the heavy stubber gunner, Draxis looses a shot from his long las, feeling the machine spirit of the precise weapon roar in approval of his aim.

BS: [roll0] vs 55 (BS+10 (aim) +10 (accurate))
Note that I have the photo-visor, but I am not sure if that ablates any penalties in this situation.
Damage (rolled in OOC thread): 9 with AP1. Body hit, if it is indeed a hit.

With the extra 2d10, that comes to 24 (!) damage.

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-17, 11:51 PM
Rotha

The shots that illuminated the area around Rotha only highlighted her fearlessness. She did not scramble or die for the dirt. Instead she simply stood, watched and calmly raised her laspistol to return fire. "We are the only squad dispatched to scout, correct sergeant? Then they must be the Enemy."

When the demo-guardsman moved forward, she aimed to provide covering fire. "It would behoove you to cover him, unless you wish to bring him back in a body-bag."

Firing at long range: -10, Aiming: +10, Accurate: +10, Laser-Sight: +10, Shadow -20(I guess? Can we see them clearly?)

Half Action: Aim.
Half-Action: Fire.

Ballistic Test: [roll0] vs 33.

EDIT: I'm not aiming at anyone in particular, but if there's any enemies out of cover then I'll pop a shot at him.

Lycan 01
2009-12-18, 12:04 AM
Lucius overhears the Guardsman's plan, and realizes what he has to do. The priest drops to his knees in the best spot he can find, hoping to afford some cover. He holds his left hand high in the air, allowing those around him to see the Aquila grasped firmly in his hand. "Men of the Emperor!" Father Krampus snarls, leveling his las pistol in the direction of the enemy. "Cover your brother! Lend him aid in his mission! For the Glory of the Throne, return fire!" And with that, he gestures forward with his left hand and pulls the trigger, hoping that his shot will be one of many to provide cover fire for Guardsman Igs.

Pinning? [roll0] vs 36+20
Awareness: [roll1] vs 32
Ballistic Test: [roll2] vs 37

Half Action to find cover
Half Action to shoot

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-18, 12:07 AM
Silvanus shuts out all the other activity in the battle, targeting the Soldier with the Heavy Stubber, and releasing the Trigger easily.

"Sargeant. There's a hatch down there so they can pop out."

[roll0] vs. 68 (+10 for half round action, +10 for accurate)

Valgunn
2009-12-18, 05:04 AM
Xiv

Xiv crashed down onto her knee and lifted the silenced muzzle of her autogun up and with a silent prayer she unleashed a hail of muzzled barks at the hill top. "Laying suppressing fire."

OOC
Free Action: Crouch
Full Action: Suppressing fire
"Ballistic Test" - [roll0] can't hit, but it might jam...

There is no chance I could hit any of them with my suppressing fire (I need to roll under 0), but at least everyone of the traitorous scum on the hill now has to make a Hard (-20) pinning test.

Ceridan
2009-12-18, 11:23 PM
Weapons fire flies between the two sides, kicking up dirt and shredding foliage.

“Cover fire Nemesis! Pin them down!” Brock ordered as he started flanking to the side opposite where Igs was rushing. “Rogger that Commissar, we are the only squad assigned in this grid reference. Zane, with me.” He took off, advancing crater to crater.

General Note: A Photo Visor negates the -20 shadow penalty. The enemy is using the crest as cover, blocking any leg hits against them you may score.

Draxis: the Heavy stubber gunner is braced and unable to dodge. The accurate trait of your long las nets an extra +1d10 damage per 2 degrees of success, if you use the aim action, up to +2d10. You got four degree so roll 2d10 and add them to your 9 damage with a 1 pen.

Rotha: The target tries to dodge [roll0] vs. a 15. Success.

Lucius: Your shot flies wide given the range and shadows.

Silvanus: The target tries to dodge [roll1] vs. 15. Failed. Please roll location and damage.

Xiv: You rake autogun fire over the enemy fire team that Igs is moving to flank. Will test for suppression for the group [roll2] vs. 10 (Base of 30 -20 for the suppressing fire). Failed. The fire team nearist to Igs goes to ground.

Krrth
2009-12-18, 11:30 PM
Zane

Zane doesn't hesitate when the sergeant orders him to follow. Following directly behind him, he looks for a likely target.

Ceridan
2009-12-18, 11:37 PM
Zane Give me an awareness test please?

Krrth
2009-12-18, 11:38 PM
While Zane was intending to look for trouble, apparently he was having a hard enough time not tripping over his own feet.

[ROLL]1d100[ROLL] vs:35 (base)
edit:well I messed that one up....

crazedloon
2009-12-18, 11:44 PM
Igs

Igs ignores the lines of light which streak over his head and the loud cracks of fire from the heavy stubber as he continues up the hill towards his target.

another run action up the hill covering another 18 m

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-18, 11:51 PM
Silvanus smiled as the shot struck home, speaking a few words of encouragement to the gun as he sighted in again. The Sniper smiled, pulling the trigger again lightly.

"Igs, get you idiotic ass back to cover!"

Silvanus might not believe Igs was the best squadmate to have, but if they lost him, command wouldn't replace him anytime soon.

Half Round Action Aim
Half Round Action, Attack

[roll0] v. 68

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-19, 12:58 AM
Commissar

Rotha didn't think much of the guardsman running toward the hill with his grenade launcher, but given his nature who could think much of him? But now he was doing the Emperor's work, and that alone was enough to defend him.

"Sergeant. I think we should end this firefight soon. We're only going to draw more of the Enemy on us by prolonging it."

The Commissar brings her laspistol up to aim at the firing enemies and returns fire.

Half: Aim
Half: Single shot.
BS: [roll0] vs 53(33+30-10)

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-19, 01:07 AM
Draxis:

Satisfied with his previous well placed shot, the tech-priest whispered ritual encouragement to the rifle as he took aim, pulling the trigger again with an utterance of the Omnissiah's name.

However, his knee slipped in the soft earth as he squeezed off the shot, with the lasbolt kicking up earth and spluttering impotently in the ground ten yards in front of him.

Attack the stubber if he is still in the fight somehow, attack another one if he dropped.
[roll0] vs 55
[roll1] damage

Fail! good thing the weapon is reliable.

Ceridan
2009-12-19, 01:49 AM
The heavy stubber falls silent as a perfectly placed las bolt pierces the traitor’s heart. A second las bolt glances off a traitor’s helmet, staggering him. The enemy fire has fallen off dramatically with only three of them still firing.

“Igs, we will draw their fire, frag their arses!” Brock calls over the micro-bead. “Zane, light them up!” He says as his bolt pistol barks in his hand.

All Rotha: Your target tries to dodge. [roll0] vs. 15. Success.

Sporadic return fire at Rotha: [roll1] vs. 20 (30 Base + 10 Semi Auto Burst -20 Shadow), Hit, at Draxis [roll2] vs. 20 (30 Base +10 Semi Auto Burst -20 Shadow), Miss, and at Brock [roll3] vs. 20 (30 Base +10 Semi Auto Burst -20 Shadow), Miss.

Pinned enemy Fire Team tries to rally. Will [roll4] vs. 10 (30 – 20 for suppressing fire).

Rotha You notice the hatch that the Tech Priest mentioned hidden in the rocks opens, and several armed shadowy figures dive for cover, obviously seeing the fire fight they just stepped into.

Fire from the crest of the hill comes to close for comfort. Dodge check please?

Draxis Your Auspex begins beeping incesently as it hangs from your web gear.

Igs You are one more full action run from regular range of your grenade launcher, and the enemy fire team nearest you is still pinned down.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-19, 02:06 AM
Silvanus swore as the Las Bolt struck the dirt the enemy was hiding behind. He didn't stop, taking aim again and releasing another shot.

"Wonderful."

Silvanus' voice was low enough to not get picked up by the bead. He sighted down another traitor, pulling the trigger.

[roll0] vs. 68
[roll1] for damage

Valgunn
2009-12-19, 03:23 AM
Xiv

Another silent prayer to the thirsty spirit of the machine as she pulled the trigger. With the trigger depressed another howl of silent projectiles were thrown over the heads of the targets on the hill.

OOC
Full Action: Suppressing fire
"Ballistic Test" - [roll0] roll under 0 (or under 20 if the GM allows her to have Aimed in the round I missed).

Lycan 01
2009-12-19, 04:22 AM
"Cover your Brother! Don't give those Heretics room to breathe, lest they defy the Will of the Emperor!" Father Krampus yells to the soldiers nearest to him as he tries to steady himself while sitting on his knees behind the lip of a crater, or whatever he has managed to find for cover. "Let their will break as a wave upon a rocky shore! Shatter their resolve, as the Emperor shall shatter their souls!" he tried not to preach too loudly, lest he draw unwanted attention. With his right hand, he holds the pistol steady, and tries to make sure his shot will at least give the heathens a scare. Meanwhile, he left hand hovers besides the las pistol, and he makes small gestures of blessing as he mentally prays for the Emperor to guide his aim. "Do not falter! Do not despair! The Emperor is with us! The Emperor Protects!" And with that, he pulled the trigger.

Aim - Half Action
Shoot - Half Action

Awareness: [roll0] vs 32 (failed)
Ballistic Skill: [roll1] vs ??

And, since I never know when it will or won't come in handy...

Fellowship: [roll2] vs 42

Oh, and just in case...

Dodge roll! [roll3] vs 13 (failed)

crazedloon
2009-12-19, 04:45 AM
Igs

Igs feet continue to impact the soft earth as he continues up the hill gaining a more advantages location ignoring the calls of his brothers as the prayers of the emperor filled his ears

full run for another 18m
this puts me 46m away from the boys up the hill

awareness - (1d100)[94] vs 29 looking for a better description of the top of the hill

Krrth
2009-12-19, 11:34 AM
Zane

Yes Sir! Death to Traitors!

Whipping his shotgun up, unloads a burst at the enemy.

Unsure of the distance between Zane and the Target. I think it's 88 meters, which makes this a long range shot.
[roll0] vs/ BS(40), Long range (-10), semi-auto burst +10) goal 40

damage [roll1]+4: Total :10
From ooc thread, second hit :11
...waste of a good roll. Ah well.

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-19, 01:09 PM
Draxis:

The techpriest hears his auspex demanding his attention, so he snaps off a hasty shot before dropping more snugly into cover and examining his auspex.

[roll0] vs. 45 (no aim action)
I'm not sure if I need these rolls for the use of the auspex, but I will make them just in case:
Awareness: [roll1] vs. 48
Tech Use: [roll2] vs. 53

I will relate anything I find to the sergeant immediately.

Ceridan
2009-12-20, 12:54 PM
The enemy seems to be arrayed around the crest of the hill in a loose skirmish line, roughly two metres between each man. One fire team is pinned under autogun fire, hugging the earth to avoid the stream of hot lead flying over them. The other fire team is returning fire. The heavy stubber’s loader shifts behind the weapon, taking the dead gunner’s position. A chunk of earth sprays in front of a second traitor, causing him to flinch, a second shell takes him in the chest spinning him to the ground. All told there are eight enemy targets along the crest.

Draxis Your Auspex is pinging multiple targets inside the structure…three…five..nine…eleven…and counting.
Lucius Your BS, +10 for aim, -30 for Extreme Range with a pistol (or -0 with a las gun), -20 for Shadow Illumination (if you do not have a photo visor or the like).
General Las fire at Zane vs. 20 (30 Base, +10 Semi Auto Burst, -20 Shadow). Las Fire at Brock roll]1d100 vs. 20 (30 Base, +10 Semi Auto Burst, -20 Shadow). Enemy Fire team tries to rally [roll1] vs. 10 (30 Base, -20 Suppressing Fire).

Ceridan
2009-12-20, 12:56 PM
GeneralLas Fire at Brock [roll0] vs. 20 (30 Base, +10 Semi Auto Burst, -20 Shadow). Darn Brakets...

Enemy return fire in the dark night stabs high and wide of the mark, while most of them continue to cower under fire.

crazedloon
2009-12-20, 02:22 PM
Igs

Igs feet continue to move swiftly but he brings the launcher up to his shoulder at let a grenade fly at the men still firing at his squad mates behind him.

move action up the hill another set of steps (9 more meters) 37 M from the gun line.
Shoot at the group of men still shooting (trying to get a guy in the middle of the group to have 2+ guys on each side)

BS 40 - 20 darkness = 20[roll0]
If miss

[roll1]
[roll2]

due to the nature of my weapon I will here are a few sets of rolls depending on how many I hit (If I need to roll more I can). The explosion has a radius of 4 meters

first guy

hit location on target [roll3]
damage [roll4]

second guy

hit location on target [roll5]
damage [roll6]

Third guy

hit location on target [roll7]
damage [roll8]

fourth guy

hit location on target [roll9]
damage [roll10]

Valgunn
2009-12-20, 03:30 PM
Xiv

Counting down inside her mind the tally of bullets held within her autogun grew low. Xiv hadn't expected this situation, she had expected to only need her autogun sparingly. With another short prayer she kept her aim true at the traitors she had kept occupied and released her last ten muffled bullets. " Suppressive fire down..." she reported in. "Spare autogun clips?" It was a pointless question and she knew it as she prepared to drop the autogun for the las carbine.

OOC
Full Action: Suppressive Fire
"Ballistic Test" - [roll0]; same drill as the last two times.
Free Action: Speaking

Not sure if Xiv would know Silvanus is carrying a small armoury of autogun clips so I left it up to him and his 'got to catch them all' style of weaponry. :smalltongue:

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-20, 04:02 PM
Draxis:

Draxis reported quickly to Brock:

"Sergeant, at least a dozen additional contacts appearing in the structure!"

He snapped up his long las, took aim, and squeezed the trigger again.

[roll0] vs 55 against any combat effective heretic scum.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-20, 08:21 PM
Silvanus laughed, before talking into the Comms.

"I have some, Xiv, but you are going to have to cover the 100 or so yards between us if you want them."

Silvanus shrugged, lined up the shot again, and pulled the trigger.

[roll0] vs. 68.
[roll1] Damage

Lycan 01
2009-12-21, 10:30 PM
"Keep firing! Keep firing! The Emperor smiles upon us, for we are his earthly agents of Holy Wrath! We are the instruments of his Divine Retribution! See how the heretics are scattered before us! How the heathens cower beneath the fury of our attacks!" Father Krampus roars, trying to keep the troops around him focused and encouraged. He paused for a moment, just long enough to snap off another shot towards the enemy, adding another streak of enery to the criss-crossing field of strobing light and searing tracers. He then turns his attention back to the men, and giving them something to fight for.

The Priest only has to think for a moment before he knows just what to say. "Passage 40 of the Book of Isaaik! Recall it! "Flesh is grass! All are as the flower! For the flower wilts, and the grass withers! All shade fade and die, and be scattered as chaff upon the wind! But the Will of the Emperor shall never die!" Lo, see how the enemy withers before us! We are the wind that shall scatter them! For we are the servants of the Emperor; our duty is before us, and our glory shall be forever!"

Half Action - Attack

I'm not sure how long it'll take me to babble about all that. So if the second half of my post is too long, I suppose that can just take up my next turn. Not like I'm much help outside of moral support, anyway. :smallconfused:

Ballistic Test - [roll0] vs below 0
Fellowship Roll - [roll1] vs 42

Ceridan
2009-12-22, 12:50 AM
Autogun fire continues to keep an enemy fire team pinned, bullets peppering the hill crest. As they try to keep their heads down a grenade plops down behind them. The explosion, brightens the night, scattering hot shrapnel through the group, ripping off limbs and shattering bones. Las fire stabs back and forth between the rest of Nemesis and the few remaining traitors, as the preacher tries to inspire the squad of the vox net.

“Copy that Draxis. Second team be ready to lay down suppressing fire! Xiv, send a contact report to Platoon. Igs, take out that stubber before they get it back into the fight. Anyone have eyes on the group coming out of the structure!?” Brock replied over the squad net as he angled toward side of the hill to flank the structure.

General Las fire at Brock [roll0] vs. 20 (30 Base, +10 Semi Auto Burst, -20 Shadow). One of the remaining active heretics moves over to help with the Heavy Stubber.
Attempt to rally the single remaining man from the pinned fire team. [roll1] vs. 10 (30 Base, -20 for the last round of Suppressing fire).

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-22, 12:56 AM
Silvanus smiled as the Heretic that was heading toward the Stubber, speaking quietly under his breath.

"...not so fast."

He pulled the Trigger, sending swift death toward the man.

[roll0] vs 68
[roll1]

Valgunn
2009-12-22, 05:07 AM
Xiv

Not finding the humour in a lack of ammunition Xiv remained silent as she prepared to lift up her las carbine. "Yes, Sir..." she responded quickly to the order. Grabbing at the vox-caster she placated its machine spirit with a prayer and tried to make the report.

OOC
Free Action: Drop Autogun. Lucky for me straps are in this season. :smallwink:
"Transmit Report" - [roll0]; 43 or under, plus anything for placating the machine spirit. :smalltongue:
Edit: Oh dear, it looks like I haven't been paying the vox-caster enough attention lately. Its machine spirit is refusing to work.

crazedloon
2009-12-22, 07:28 AM
Igs

Oi sir, blow up the top of the hill confirmed

A viscous smile spread across igs face as he began to breath heavier from the strain of the run up the hill. However his step did not falter and he continued up the hill dropping another grenade among the remaining bodies.

move action up the hill another set of steps (9 more meters) 28 M from the gun line.
Shoot at the remaining group of men (trying to get a guy next to the guy picking up the stubber ,want to take out the guy with the stubber without hurting the stubber to much)

BS 40 - 20 darkness + 10 short range = 30 [roll0]
If miss

[roll1]
[roll2]

due to the nature of my weapon I will here are a few sets of rolls depending on how many I hit (If I need to roll more I can). The explosion has a radius of 4 meters

first guy

hit location on target [roll3] (this location is used only on a miss the to hit roll is used on a hit)
damage [roll4]

second guy

hit location on target [roll5]
damage [roll6]

Third guy

hit location on target [roll7]
damage [roll8]

fourth guy

hit location on target [roll9]
damage [roll10]

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-22, 08:40 AM
Draxis:

Seeing another heretic attempt to make use of the heavy stubber, the tech priest quickly takes aim and lets fly. This time, the bolt flies more or less in the general direction he was aiming.

bs:[roll0] vs 55 (hit?)
dmg:[roll1] (Right arm)

Ceridan
2009-12-23, 12:48 PM
The vox caster squeals static as it’s keyed, its machine spirit angry with its rough treatment.

Las fire stitches across the hill crest, two shots catching the new heavy stubber gunner spinning him down the back of the crest. Another explosion lights the crest as a frag scythes down the remaining heretics.

“Silvanus, Draxis, any one with eyes on the group coming out of the structure?” Brock Inquired. “Zane, with me.” He adds as he jogs off toward the side of the hillock. “Igs get ready to frag the new arrivals, but hold fire until we get confirmation as to who they are.”

GeneralAwareness tests ladies and gentleman.

crazedloon
2009-12-23, 01:15 PM
Igs

Ai Ai sarge

Igs continues up the crest of the hill readying his launcher as he moves up the hill.

Continue up the hill move action up the hill another set of steps (9 more meters) 19 M from the gun line.
Delay action (shoot anyone who I see who is an obvious hostile, if none appear before my next action I will continue up the hill another 9 m)

awareness [roll0] vs 29

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-23, 01:25 PM
Silvanus

Silvanus started looking over the area, complaying with the Sargeant's commands.

"Trying to find em, Sarge."

[roll0] vs. 34

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-23, 01:34 PM
Draxis:

Dropping to the cover of his small crater, Draxis began staring over the lip and comparing to his auspex readout, trying to garner any more useful details for the sergeant.

Awareness:[roll0] vs. 48 (or 58 if it specifically has to do with vision? I'm not sure how the heightened vision talent works)
Tech Use:[roll1] vs 53

OOC: I want to make sure... I am sort of in the middle of the squad, still, right? Not lagging behind?

Krrth
2009-12-24, 12:00 AM
Zane

Yes Sir.

Zane promptly follows as ordered, looking around once again for anything that draws his attention.

Wait....is that a squirrel?

[roll0]

Lycan 01
2009-12-24, 12:33 AM
Father Lucius notices one guardsman staring off into the woods, distracted by some small creature flittering amongst the burning branches ignited by stray las rounds. Such insolence! The Confessor decides that with the danger subsiding, he can take this opportunity to give the men a few words of advice, since they seem to be losing focus on their mission. Activating his Vox link, the priest gives a quick pep-talk to the surrounding Guardsmen. "Maintain vigilance! Though victory may be at hand, do not lose sight of your mission! Let not your duty be neglected! Keep your eyes open, and your minds focused! The Emperor Protects!"

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-24, 08:28 AM
Rotha

The Commissar looks toward Brock with a hint of respect in her eyes. "Father Lucius. I'm going with them to provide moral and morale support. Do try to keep this rabble from breaking." Her chainsword slips back into place and she sprints after the Sergeant. She keeps the laspistol up and aimed toward the hillside.

[roll0] vs 13

Ceridan
2009-12-24, 11:53 PM
The tree squirrel chitters, angry at the noise that roused it from it’s slumber, before climbing back into the bowl of the tree. Brock closes range, his line of sight to the base of the hillock obscured by the lay of the land.

Draxis The auspex continues to register more contacts emerging from the structure, fanning out in a text book covering pattern, taking advantage of the rocks and defilade. Looking up, you catch a glimpse of a cadian flak helmet with a white stripe down the center, as the owner rises briefly to inspect the area.

An unfamiliar voice calls out. “Thunder!”

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-25, 12:02 AM
Whispering urgently, Draxis hisses into the microbead:

"Sergeant, the new contacts MAY be allied! Could there be friendlies in a tunnel system?"

Draxis, still scanning with the auspex, begins the appropriate rites to thank its machine spirit for its sacred service, waiting for confirmation that the newcomers are another Cadian unit.

crazedloon
2009-12-25, 03:08 AM
Igs

No contacts in sight Igs crests the hill when he hears the password. Weary of treachery he moves to the heavy stubber with caution and responds back to the unfamiliar voice.

"Flash"

Igs strains his hearing for anything that might give away the true identity of the newcomers as well as any movement from the dead bodies around him as he checks the stubber for its status.

use my delayed action at the words to move 9m putting me 10 m from the top of the hill
move the remaining distance to the stubber, if it looks operable (I am trained in heavy weapon use so presumably I would know the basic operation use of heavy weapons and what they should look like) I will ready it (free action) letting my launcher drop to my hip if not I will keep he launcher ready.

awareness [roll0] vs 29

Ceridan
2009-12-25, 03:40 AM
“Oh thank the Golden Throne.” Someone mutters from the lee of the Hillock.

“I’m coming out,” States the trooper who gave the challenge. "Acting Sergeant Hath, 56th Cadian, White Shields."He said as he stands, holding his lasgun over his head. He looks dirty and disheveled to the extreme. His uniform is torn and speckled with dried blood and near miss las burns. His weapon however is clean, and well maintained. The lad looks to be no older than 15 or 16, the barest hint of stubble on his chin.

Brock closes in on the lad, easing slightly as he does so."Staff Sergeant Brock, Echo company, 113th Cadian Mechanized." He replied. “Close it up.” Brock voxed to Silvanus and the second team. “Draxis, please see if the heavy Stubber is salvageable. Zane, Igs see if any of the enemy is still breathing, I want a prisoner. Xiv get me the L.T. on the horn.”

crazedloon
2009-12-25, 03:53 AM
Igs

Igs mumbles something about it not being fair as he puts the stubber back on the ground and begins walking among the bodies lasgun nudging each and everyone he passed.

You best not hurt my new gun Draxis or ... or ... else

Igs wasn't his usual witty self because he was like a kid who just had his Christmas present taken away before he could even play with it.

Valgunn
2009-12-25, 06:44 AM
Xiv

"Aye." Xiv responded humourlessly as she again tried to make the vox work and get into contact with their LT.

OOC
"Tech Use" - [roll0]; roll under 43 to make the connection.

Edit: The machine spirit is with me; and I didn't even make the proper prayer this time...

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-25, 10:58 AM
Commissar

Rotha narrowed her eyes at the mention of surviving heretics, but kept her voice even and level. "No prisoners, Sergeant. I'll do a field interrogation." She makes a distinct lack of mentioning the Sergeant's involvement in the interrogation. "Get those Whiteshields organized and integrate them into our unit. We'll need the extra manpower if the Enemy is nearby." She unconsciously fell into giving orders and forgot about her prior statement that she would act along his orders. The Enemy was close, and that meant she couldn't risk corruption taking root among the unit.

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-25, 10:20 PM
Draxis:

The tech priest is up and jogging as the Sergeant gives the order, eagerly responding:

"Right away, Sergeant, I will examine the weapons."

Then in lower tones, with the first bit still over the vox,

"Great Omnissiah, bless the armament of this squad, which has allowed us to vanquish these heretics so efficiently."

Then, to himself,

"May the feral anima of their weapons be in working order, uncorrupted by taint, and willing to assist us in our most holy quest against the forces of the Great Enemy, in the service of the Omnissiah and the God-Emperor."

Draxis moves quickly up the hill, muttering incomprehensible language under his breath, starting with the heavy stubber, but moving on to the other weapons in turn - and ammo. He spends plenty of time with each weapon, and devotes part of his unused cogitation matrix to tabulating the totals.

Draxis will spend enough time with each weapon to be reasonably sure of his determinations. If the Sergeant is impatient for good reason, he will only spend extra time on the heavy stubber.

I'm not sure how many rolls you need, or if the auspex will be useful in the examination.
Tech-use for the examination: [roll0] vs 53 (or +10,20,30 if the exam is easy, +X if taking extra time is useful, or +20 if the auspex is useful - I have no idea.)

Urk. Goddamnit.

Ceridan
2009-12-26, 02:54 AM
Brock talks in low tones with the white shield sergeant.

The Platoon command squad vox operator responds replies to Xiv's signal. ++Copy that Nemesis, hold for Valiant actual.++ A few seconds pass, and Lieutenant Compton answers. ++This is Valiant Actual, give me a Sitrap.++

Draxis conducts his survey of the enemy gear. Their weapons appear to be captured guard issue equipment, albeit horrible maintained and ill-treated examples there of. Seven las guns, two las carbines, a las pistol, a heavy stubber, a sword, and nine combat knives. Six frag grenades, two krak grenades, twenty basic charge packs, two pistol charge packs, and three drums of stubber ammo. Also among the gear is a battered data slate with a map of the immediate area, and the structure’s exact exit pinpointed down to with-in two metres, and a small radio detonator.

Igs comes across two badly injured traitors. One unconscious and slowly bleeding out, the other holding a bad looking stomach wound and moaning in agony.

General Anyone else wish to search the area, talk to the white shields, interrogate and/or treat the injured traitors or the like?

crazedloon
2009-12-26, 07:52 AM
Igs

Igs finishes his search and calls over the micro-bead.

We have to live ones sarge. One aint going to be alive much longer the other is unconscious. How would you like me to proceed?

As he speaks he picks adjusts his lasgun strap which had begun to dig into his neck uncomfortably as he ran. He than moved to his launcher which he lovingly cracks open and begins to brush the dirt off. He loads the empty tubes with frag grenades and rotates the drum back to the beginning of the order.

Krrth
2009-12-26, 02:48 PM
Zane

Shaking his head, Zane tries to get his mind back into the current situation. Following orders, he begins to search the area.

[roll0]
edit: Oh for the love of....:smallannoyed:

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-26, 03:45 PM
Silvanus doesn't move from his location, continuing to do his duty and provide an eye for the 1st Squad.

"Returning to lookout Sarge."

Awareness: [roll0] vs 34

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-26, 04:36 PM
Commissar

Rotha was heading toward Igs as soon as the demo-man transmitted across the micro-bead link. She sub-vocalized as she moved, and only checked her laspistol instead of holstering it. "I'll handle this, Guardsman Igs. Sergeant: How are the Whiteshields holding up?"

The Commissar stops when she reaches Igs. She calmly levels her laspistol at the unconscious heretic's chest, spoke a short prayer to the Emperor and shot him. "Stay on guard and look mean." With that terse statement, she curls her lip into a snarl, draws her chainsowrd and kneels down to get the conscious heretics' attention. If he proves willing to ignore her then she painfully pokes any obviously open wound with her chainsword. "Good afternoon scumbag... You have some atoning to do."

As soon as the heretic is paying attention she calmly levels her laspistol right between his eyes. The chainsword comes down, teeth pointed upwards, to rest between his legs. "I'm going to ask you some questions. You'll have one chance to answer me. Responding quickly, truthfully and respectfully will get you a chance to atone for your sins against the Emperor. Any other response and I'm going to ask the guardsman behind me what he thinks we should do with a dirty heretic. That man killed every, single, dirty heretic in your squad. But if you work with me, here and now, then maybe the Emperor will forgive you for being a dirty heretic."

[roll0] vs 30 to Intimidate.

crazedloon
2009-12-26, 05:44 PM
Igs

Igs watches as the commissar executes what he could only imagine to be the only person who might have info on the scums tactics. He slowly shook his head as he continued maintenance on his launcher as she prodded the dieing mans wounds. When she referenced him he gave the best cold glare he could before continuing his maintenance on his launcher.

Intimidation
[roll0] vs 16(str), 13(int), 13 (fel) (depending on what you want to call that check)

Ceridan
2009-12-26, 06:52 PM
Brock heard the commissar’s question, but continued to listen to Hath’s report. He didn’t flinch when he heard the las pistol discharge; he just chomped down on his cigar and continued to listen patiently to the report.

Xiv I assume you are moving to stand with Brock and hand him the Vox horn for the vox caster?

The heretic continues to hold his stomach and moan in pain. He screams when prodded and starts yelling every curse he can think of, most involve the commissar’s mother having sexual congress with creatures from the warp.

The immediate area is quiet again. Distant artillery impacts and AA fire light up the night skyline to the south, as Lisburn continues to burn. The eastern sky begins to take on a pinkish red tinge as Cadia’s rotation starts to bring the hateful glare of the Eye of Terror over the horizon.

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-26, 06:59 PM
Rotha

The flat of her chainsword comes up, forcing the dying heretic's gaze to level with her own. "Don't forget. I gave you a chance. Even a heretic like you could have found redemption, but..."

She lowers the chainsword and stands up. She turns to look at Igs out of the corner of her eye while keeping her chainsword up and between herself and the heretic. "What do you think, Guardsman? Tell him what proper Cadians do to heretics."

Another intimidation attempt: [roll0] vs 30.

crazedloon
2009-12-26, 10:00 PM
Igs

Igs grimaces at the dieing man.

We kill them as slowly as we can so that they might warn their dark gods of the power of our true God Emperor and the pain which he and his servants will bring upon those who would turn from his light.

With another glare into the dieing mans eyes he turns away putting his back to the doomed man, to continue his weapons check moving to his lasgun and mumbles under his breath careful to not set of the micro bead.

or something like that.

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-26, 11:17 PM
Rotha

"Hear that, heretic?" She jabs her chainsword in and puts pressure on his wound with it's dull outer casing. "Faith! It's what separates you dogs from the loyal men and women of the Imperium. You cast aside His gift for the promises of your gods, but all it gets you is a painful death!" More pressure, then she jerks the chainsword away and kicks at the heretic's face.

"I'll give you one more chance to remember the boy you had once been. Remember the family you left to join the Guard. Remember your poor mother, heretic. Remember the girl you loved in school, the man you called father and the boy you called brother. And know that you're spitting in each and every one of their faces when you turn away from Him." Her boot comes back down to the ground as her weight shifts to face the heretic fully. The cold steel of her laspistol's barrel raised to point at his head, and she glares at the heretic through narrowed eyes.

"This is your last chance, heretic. For now, you are just a lost sheep who has forgotten His way. But if you refuse here and now, you'll become a traitor and be cast out from His glory. Will you return to His side, or will this be your grave?"

Lycan 01
2009-12-27, 02:54 AM
Father Krampus listens in on the Commissar's conversation with the heretic. He then taps his Vox-bead, and politely asks: "Excuse me, Commissar. With you permission, may I speak with the heretic? Perhaps I may be able to stir his broken Faith, reignite his devotion, or at least give him pause to consider atonement... In the very least, I can try to scare him into talking when I tell him what sort of fate awaits such godless heathen scum..."

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-27, 11:34 AM
Commissar

She doesn't take her laspistol off the heretic. Part of her screams to shoot him because he's just worthless scum, but the bigger part of her holds her back from squeezing that trigger. "Feel free, Father. Maybe he will find your sermons more enjoyable than my own." With that, she steps backwards away from the heretic. She doesn't turn to look at Igs and instead keeps her eyes on the heretic. "Igs, you can go back to the unit."

Ceridan
2009-12-27, 01:45 PM
Brock takes the proffered vox horn. ”Nemesis reporting sir. We have engaged and destroyed secondary threats, no casualties. We have also made contact with elements of the 56th Cadian via a set of tunnels. Sergeant Hath reports Lisburn is in a bad way. The enemy, in army group strength and supported by primary threats, heavy armour and titans breached the Kasr’s defenses yesterday morning. The defenders were driven underground.”

“Sergeant Hath was ordered to secure the exit to the adjoining tunnel complex so the wounded and the Kasr’s command group could be evacuated, as ordered by General Reese.” Brock reported.

++General Reese? The general was reported missing week’s ago.++ L.T. Compton replied.

“Yes sir. He made it to Lisburn two days before the enemy laid siege. It would seem he was cut off behind enemy lines and lost his Vox caster in a fire fight with the enemy. His party then spent the better part of a month avoiding enemy patrols while they made for friendly lines.” Brock continued.

++Roger that. I’ll advise Blizzard. Hold one.++ The L.T. advised.

crazedloon
2009-12-27, 03:56 PM
Igs

When he was told he no longer was needed Igs moved off to join the techpriest at his work around the captured weapons.

Oi techno boy, how is my new gun.

He points at the heavy stubber just as his eyes comes across the requisitioned grenades.

Ah and I could use some of them.

Krrth
2009-12-28, 04:47 PM
Zane

Zane looks over the captured gear with disgust. No self-respecting guardsman should ever let their gear get like this. He was about to say something about that when he noticed the Cleric moving towards the prisoner. Abruptly, Zane moves over.

Father? May I help in some way?

LTSearchEngine
2009-12-28, 07:37 PM
Draxis:

As he finishes his inspection, he looks up at the brutish guardsman with the grenade launcher as he hurls a question about the captured gear.

"These weapons are not well cared for, Guardsman. Their machine spirits will require supplication and rites before they can be relied upon for loyalty. The abuse undertaken by these heretics will not be simply forgotten."

Turning on his micro-bead, he reported to the sergeant following his vox call with command.

"Sergeant, these weapons all appear functional, but may not be reliable for use in battle. They need maintenance rites performed in a dire way."

OOC: Can the guardsmen accomplish the maintenance of these weapons? If not, can I? What skill and how long? If not, they will need to be serviced back at base? What game effects, if any, do these weapons suffer from?
Am I correct in assuming that the las packs and rounds are all reasonably sound?

crazedloon
2009-12-28, 11:18 PM
Igs

Ha, all your fancy teaching and you can't see a baby crying for some tender love and care. As long as you know them damn heretics haven't cast some o' there voodo on them I can get that baby purring like a kitten.

He crouches down next to the heavy stubber and begins to give it a basic field stripping rubbing the grime and muck left by the previous owner before looking at the Techpriest with a grin.

A very mean kitten, mind you

I assume again I can field strip a heavy weapon as I am proficient in there use (And therefore presumably their maintenance)

Lycan 01
2009-12-28, 11:46 PM
Father Krampus arches an eyebrow at the Guardsman. "Hm... Zane, isn't it?" the Priest tries to recall the trooper's name. "Actually... Follow me..." Lucius heads over to where the Commissar has the prisoner. As he approaches, he loudly says over his shoulder to Zane: "Yes, Trooper, there is a way you can help. You can pray. Pray that this man will come back into the Light of the Emperor..."

The Priest walks over to where the wounded heretic is. He looks down at the wounded heathen, an expression of pity in his eyes. Slowly kneeling down, the Priest gazed into the eyes of the Enemy, as though trying to see into the very fabric of his tattered soul. "My boy..." Lucius spoke slowly and clearly, his voice stern and serious. "You have strayed. You have strayed from the Path of Righteousness, and fallen into temptation and heresy. You have turned your back on everything you ever loved, and everyone who ever loved you. You have denied the Emperor your love. But he has not denied you. No... The Emperor loves you, my boy. He loves you far more than those... things... you now call your Gods. They want to use you, boy. Corrupt you. Play with you. And then toss you aside, like rubbish and refuse not worthy of notice. Is that what you wanted? Is that what you'd hoped for? Glory? Acceptance? Love? You have been lied to, my child. Lied to by the siren's call that has bewitched millions before you. But... It is not too late. The Emperor Protects. You know it. You know in your heart he does. You may lie to yourself. You may try to convince yourself that the Emperor is powerless. You may lull yourself into a false sense of security, and think the powers you serve will love and reward you tangibly. But... Inside your heart, you know this is wrong. You know you've fallen for a lie. You know you've been lured into heresy by silver-tongued devils and false promises of milk and honey. You know you've made a mistake. But there is still hope! Do you hear me, boy? There is hope for you yet! Come back to the Emperor! Return to his enduring Grace! The Emperor protects all who put their faith in him, child. Even the heretic! Your time is running out. Will you stand before the Throne in heresy, and face His Righteous Fury? Or will you stand before the Throne in repentance, and be subjected to his Forgiving Love! Choose now, boy. There are but a few sands remaining in your hourglass. Choose now."

Father Lucius reaches down with his left hand, the Aquila necklace still in his palm. He wraps his fingers around one of the man's bloody hands, and clasps the Aquila between them. It may have enraged the heretical side of the man, or it may have relaxed and encouraged the repentant portion of his soul - the gesture was worth making if the outcome was favorable. Never breaking eye contact, the priest smiled at the lost lamb before him. "The Emperor Protects. Repeat if after me, child! The Emperor Protects!"

Fellowship: [roll0] vs 42 + bonuses for writing all that out? :smalleek:

AssassinKing
2009-12-29, 12:21 AM
Garviel Loken

Sarge is there anything you need me to do?

Ceridan
2009-12-29, 12:41 AM
General The captured gear is indeed in need of divine ministration. The Tech priest will need to say the proper prayers over the gear to mollify and sway the individual items back to the Imperial cause. After that the individual Guardsmen can handle the maintenance, assuming they have the proper talent to use the gear.

Brock turns toward the trooper as he waits for the L.T. to get back to him. “Trooper Loken, move up onto the Hillock and cover Silvanus.” He tapped his micro-bead. "Silvanus, move up to the crest and tell me what you see to the South.”

Players on the Hill The rant netted you a +20, so you just made the roll. :) The traitor calms down as the confessor speaks, he’s still holding in his ruptured stomach, growing more pail by the minute. “Forgive me…father? I don’t want…want them to take…my soul…”

AssassinKing
2009-12-29, 12:44 AM
Sir yes sir!

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-29, 01:52 AM
Silvanus sighed. He didn't like his orders, but that was life for a guardsman.

"Aye Sarge."

Silvanus carefully ascended to the crest of the hill, staying crouched where he could to avoid giving a profile to any of his opposites. He scanned the area, using his Scope to zoom on anything the slightest bit suspicious.

[roll0]vs 34

Lycan 01
2009-12-29, 01:59 AM
"Shhhh..." Lucius grips the man's hand tighter, trying to comfort him. "They won't take it. The Emperor will not allow it. Not if you confess your Faith in him. Do you believe, son? Do you believe that the Emperor is the Divine Ruler and Protector of Mankind? Do you believe that He is the one you serve, and not the impure forces of the Arch-Enemy? For if you do, it is not condemnation that awaits you in death, child. Oh no, you shall instead find only absolution..."

"The Emperor does need something from you though, my child..." Father Krampus gestures his head towards the Commissar. "You must stay with us for as long as you can. She has a few questions for you. If you answer as many of them as you can, you will be fullfilling your last duty to the Emperor. Consider it your penance - fight to stay awake, and answer the questions. Struggle and strive. Finish your duty. Then, my child, they will never have your soul..."

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-29, 02:09 AM
Commissar

Not once did the laspistol waver, nor did it move away from the heretic's head and neither did it's owner's gaze. "The heretics. Where did they come from?" She was careful not to group him in with the group laying dead around them. Instead, she launched into a barrage of coolly delivered questions. "Their goal, what was it and did they achieve it? What was the unit and arms disposition the last time you were with them? Is it only heretics or are there worse things among them? Do you have any specific coordinates? Did they have to check in with anyone? Are they on their own or are there more around here?"

Krrth
2009-12-29, 06:56 PM
Zane

Zane did as bid, kneeling and praying. It really wasn't what he had in mind, but it worked.

He was pleasantly surprised when the heretic broke and repented, although he was left with a slightly disappointed feeling.

Maybe he could knee-cap the next heretic.

Ceridan
2009-12-29, 11:13 PM
“We were sent…sent to watch the area. Suppose to be an exit…or something, from the city. We were to use…use the Limpet Mines when they came out. The bright flash…would…would signal the armour…and shred the lead elements…of the survivors.” The heretic explained despite the pain, blood frothing on his lips.

++Nemesis, hold and secure position. The balance of Echo company and elements of Hotel will be joining with you shortly. E.T.A Twenty Mikes.++

”Rodger that Valiant. Nemesis will hold in place and await reinforcements. Nemesis out.” Brock replied and handed the vox horn back to Xiv.

ZeroNumerous
2009-12-30, 12:13 AM
Commissar

The Commissar calmly nods. Her eyes blank out for a moment, and she speaks as if talking to herself. "Very well. You have earned your rest, Guardsman. May the Emperor's mercy carry you to His side." Her laspistol, aimed square between his eyes, barks with it's distinct auditory discharge. The shot is the only further sound to come from the Commissar for several seconds, then she subvocalizes across the micro-bead.

"You may want to rethink that, Sergeant. The heretics have armor working in the area, probably artillery given that they were on the look out for flashes. We also may want to move away quickly so that we aren't shelled to the Eye and back." With that, she turns to Guardsman Zane.

"Escort the Father back to the rest of the unit." She had immediately fallen into giving orders as if she had been running the show the entire time. A heartbeat later she hastily adds: "Please."

Ceridan
2010-01-01, 03:27 PM
Those on the hill Please make awareness checks

Lycan 01
2010-01-01, 09:39 PM
After the man's execution, Father Krampus makes the sign of the Aquila. "Emperor have mercy on his soul, for though he strayed, he returned to Thine Grace to carry out his duty."

He then allows himself to be escorted away, though he pauses to check his surroundings before he goes.

Awareness: vs 32

AssassinKing
2010-01-01, 10:49 PM
As Loken kneels down he checks to make sure he has his gear ready for multiple combat situations then scans the terrain ahead.

Awareness
[roll0] vs 29

crazedloon
2010-01-02, 12:56 AM
Igs

Igs continues to strip and reassemble the stubber glancing around occasionally to watch the movement of the unit.

awareness [roll0]

Krrth
2010-01-03, 01:42 PM
Zane

Zane is too busy praying and feeling satisfaction over the death of the traitor to notice anything.

Awareness [roll0]

Ceridan
2010-01-04, 03:04 AM
The pinkish red haze of the Eye of Terror baths the country side in a feral light as it rises over the horizon. At Brock’s direction the White shields fan out taking defensive positions around the tunnel entrance. After ten minutes the dull rumble of engines can be heard out over the barren countryside. The noise seems to be originating to the South….

LTSearchEngine
2010-01-05, 01:14 AM
Draxis:

Draxis tilts his head and listens for a second, hearing the rumble of several engines on the wind. He keys his vox bead:

"Sergeant, we have multiple approaching vehicles. Mainly Chimera-type with possible Leman Russ and Rhino mixed in. Estimate 5 or more contacts."

He then goes back to his rites, ready to move at the first word.

crazedloon
2010-01-05, 01:49 AM
Igs

Igs kicks open the breach of the stubber before hooking up a ammo chain and slinging he box under the breach. He hefts the weapon to his waist and looks towards Draxis before slipping the grenades into his pack.

Sarge, Rhino's aint standard guard gear. I think we may have some heavy hitters.

He bit his lip as he double checked the new weapon.

Eh, We can take them bastards.

He begins to chuckle to himself as he moves the south heavy stubber slung over his one shoulder.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-05, 01:55 AM
Silvanus swings his sights South, trying to get a bead on the source of the noise.

"Trying to get an eye on them, Sarge."

[roll0] v. 34

Ceridan
2010-01-05, 03:31 AM
“Frak.” Brock mutters low enough not to trigger his micro-bead. “Xiv, with me, raise Valiant again.” He said as he raced off up the hill. "Everyone, brace for immanent contact. Silvanus get me eyes on the target.” He said over the squad net.

Anyone present for the Interrogation Give me an Intelligence at half or Tactica Imperialis at full roll.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-05, 04:27 AM
Silvanus didn't stop hunting for the source of the sound, even as the orders came over the comms. It wasn't like that was what he was doing. No, he was an idiot.

"Aye sir."

They shouldn't be hard to find!

Silvanus kept visually scanning through the scope, hunting for the vehicles.

[roll0] v. 34 (unmodified)

LTSearchEngine
2010-01-05, 07:48 AM
Draxis:

"Sergeant, I am not sure what to make of it: The Rhino-class vehicle's machine spirit is straining... but all of the rest of the anima sound abused. The difference is quite clear."

Giving up on trying to perform any more rites at the moment, Draxis begins bundling the weapons for ease-of-transport, taking a couple of las packs in case he runs out.

"Also, Sergeant, we have solid rounds and las packs which may be distributed."

OOC: To be clear, the ammo is usable, right?

Krrth
2010-01-05, 09:16 AM
Zane

Zane's head whips up, all thoughts of the interrogation gone.

Incoming armor? What now, Sirs?

[roll0]Int goal (16)

crazedloon
2010-01-05, 11:14 AM
Igs

Igs follows the sarge head casting about for any better contact with the armor.

Oi sarge I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but unless commissar tight pants wishes to scare them out of their armor we need something to crack those tanks.

He adjusts the heavy stubber on his shoulder before continuing.

I mean I could rush them sarge but I wouldn't want to show up the squad again, and my ma always told me I have an allergy to getting shot

ZeroNumerous
2010-01-05, 01:49 PM
Commissar

Shooting the guardsman would give away our position, Rotha reminded herself with an obvious look of exasperation on her face. "We don't have anything to crack those tanks, but if the tech priest is correct then they would only have a few, maybe even one, Leman Russ. And that means they may only have multilasers and a bolter. We need to go to ground, wait on them to investigate the area for other cultists and ambush them outside of their vehicles."

[roll0] vs 15

AssassinKing
2010-01-05, 07:12 PM
Loken starts thinking for a bit. What if we put a krak under the tracks of a rhino?

Lycan 01
2010-01-06, 02:57 AM
"Armor?" Father Krampus arches an eyebrow. He didn't have much experience with tanks, so he didn't fully grasp the full situation. He knew many of the Guardsmen around him felt the same as well, and they were probably more than a bit nervous right now. So, the old priest holsters his las pistol, and then reaches into his robe. He pulls out an old bolt pistol, checks the magazine, and then pulls back the slide, chambering the first bolt. He turns to the Guardsmen around him and solomnly nods. "We face a mighty challenge, my lads. But the Emperor is with us, and we will overcome. If any man cares to doubt or question this, please direct your complaints towards our dear Commissar, for I do not have time or mercy to spare for heretics right now, and neither does the Emperor."

Lucius then fixes his gaze on Guardsmen Igs, and his expression hardens. The soldier's comments had struck a nerve. "Watch your tongue soldier. You will show the Commissar the respect she deserves. She is ordained in His Holy Name to enfore order amongst you rabble, and to pull your fat out of the frier when you screw up. She is an instrument of His Divine Will, and such talk coming from your mouth is an obstacle she is encouraged to destroy. You are not only insulting a superior officer, but spreading sedition and demoralizing your fellow Guardsmen. You're lucky not to be standing before the Golden Throne right now, soldier. Your previous actions have saved your from summary execution, Thank the Emperor. But you'd better hold your tongue and guard your heart, lest you recieve more than a stern warning from an old man like me..." he grins morbidly.

Ceridan
2010-01-06, 03:10 PM
Brock reached the crest of the hill and lay down to minimize his profile. “The L.T. said to hold so we hold. Period.” He pulled out his magnoculars and started scanning to the South. "Find some cover or concealment."

LTSearchEngine The ammo is useable.

Everyone who was present for the Interrogation If you haven’t yet rolled Scholastic Lore Tactica Imperialis, Common Lore War, or an Intelligence check at half please do so now.

ZeroNumerous
2010-01-06, 09:00 PM
Commissar

The sergeant had made up his mind, and while shooting him and taking command herself crossed the commissar's mind... She chose to ignore it. "Sergeant. Break off four guardsman. I will be taking them around to the opposite side of the hill and wait for the enemy armor to engage. My group will then try to flank them and force the heretics out of their tanks with kraks."

crazedloon
2010-01-07, 04:47 PM
Igs

Igs chuckled to himself before laying low on the hills crest 5 feet from the sergeant's position. He set the heavy stubbers bi-pod in the mod and rechecked the slide before sighting down range.

awareness [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-01-07, 05:21 PM
Father Krampus leans in towards the Sargeant and murmers: "I will stay up here atop the hill. These men are brave, but I fear their hearts may waver under fire. With the Commissar absent, they may lack the proper... motivation... to stay the course. And we both know we can't lose the high ground. So I will remain here and keep their hearts aflame with the Righteous Fury of the Emperor. No doubt we shall come under heavy fire, but with the Holy Word ringing in their ears, these men shall not falter. And if they do..." Lucius looks over to the Commissar, and smiles. "I will inform you upon your return of who is in need of a stern talking to. Unless you'd like me to save the trouble..."

Ceridan
2010-01-09, 01:17 AM
“Every one, drop your packs. Weapons and ammo only, we don’t need to be weighed down. Loken, Zane, Vinn, Welks, and Evans you just volunteered for the flanking duty. Report to the commissar.” Brock stated as he scanned.

Troopers Vinn, Welks, and Evans trot up to the Commissar and salute, a chorus of “Sir.” following. Welks shifts and shows the commissar his disposable on shot krak missile tube launcher. “I’ll only get one shot with it, but it’s better than nothing.”

Silvanus As you pan back and forth with your scope you see movement. Zooming in you see a pennant slowly cresting a rise more than 1000 metres to the south. The pennant bares an eight pointed star.

Igs You catch a reddish pink glint off of something metallic far to the south.

AssassinKing
2010-01-09, 01:47 AM
Sarge should I carry my medical equipment?

crazedloon
2010-01-09, 01:46 PM
Igs

Igs flips the two straps holding his weapons off his body before unbucling his pack and rolling out if. His pack lands in the mud beside him and he flips it open and shuffles through it. He slips 4 krak grenades into his belt pouches and 2 frag. He pauses before thinking twice and grabbing his smoke grenade and slipping it into its own pouch. He grabs a charge pack for his pistol and lasgun and slips them onto a pouch and than shuts the pack. Slipping back into his lasgun and launcher straps before looking for a better spot to entrench himself.

Sarge, we just goin to hold this hill? It didn't work so well for them bastards I just killed.

awareness [roll0]

looking for any good ditches or outcrops which may allow me to fire without revealing the majority of my body

LTSearchEngine
2010-01-09, 02:51 PM
Draxis:

Content that the weapons could be grabbed and moved by a few men, Draxis sets down his pack, retaining his long las, his holstered hellpistol, the various small tools strapped and pouched into his clothing (auspex, combi-tool, machine oil, etc).

He moves up the hill and ducks into cover near the sergeant, straining his eyes through his photo-visor to see the approaching vehicles.

Krrth
2010-01-09, 09:26 PM
Zane

Shrugging, Zane prepares to move out. He thinks briefly about grabbing some of the charge packs.

If any of the pistol charge packs actually look like they're in decent shape, Zane will take one.

Lycan 01
2010-01-09, 10:27 PM
Father Lucius smirks at Trooper Igs. "Those godless heathens didn't have the might of the Emperor on their side. He was with you, soldier, because you put your trust in Him, and nothing can stand against you when you have His protection. That is why those heretics did not hold the hill, and that is why they shall not retake it from us. To even consider such a possibility is sheer nonsense, soldier..."

The priest then turns to the Commissar and her men, and bows. "May the Emperor guide your step and steady your aim, M'lady. And you as well, brave servants of the Imperium. Remain steadfast in your duty, Guardsmen, and you will emerge victorious. Glory awaits you, men. The Emperor Protects."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-10, 12:05 AM
Silvanus smiled, glad he finally had a bead on them.

"Sarge, got a bearing on a pennant, over a klik south. It bears the 8 pointed Star."

ZeroNumerous
2010-01-10, 05:23 AM
Commissar

As soon as Rotha found her aide she procured the grenades she had given him. She passed a frak to Welks and Evans, the smoke to Loken and held onto the krak. "Lets get going then boys." Rotha starts marching in a wide sweep away from the hill with the intent of getting into a flanking position of, roughly, where the enemy would appear. "Plan's real simple. We lay low and wait until the guard on the hill get their attention. We then smoke the approach, get close and krak a Chimera or two. Afterwards Zane, Evans and I will scale the Russ, pop it's hatch and frag it. We'll then repeat with as many tanks as we can before heading back to cover."

With that said, she starts looking for some cover that would hide them from view. "And always remember: Death in His service is preferable to an eternity in the Warp."

AssassinKing
2010-01-10, 06:33 PM
Loken takes a look at the smoke grenade and waits for the command to throw it."Tell me when to throw it."

Ceridan
2010-01-11, 05:41 PM
Commissar’s fire team You head off, bearing South, South West, using the impact craters and ill maintained and bullet riddled stone fence as cover. Concealment rolls would be advised. +20 for the shadowy illumination and another +20 for the wall assuming you are trying to keep your heads down.

The guardsmen near the confessor nod at his words as they take cover.

Those with the commissar respond with an "Affermitive." to the plan as they follow her lead.

“Copy that Silvanus.” Brock replies before turning his magnoculars toward that point. The engine noises get louder and the creaking of tank treads is audible. Brock takes the vox horn from Xiv. “Valiant this is Nemesis, over?”

++Go for Valiant.++ The Vox operator on the other end responds.

“We have multiple light armour contacts with at least one Russ in support. Request immediate support. Over.” Brock relates, taking Draxis’ estimates at face value.

++Rodger that Nemesis.++ The operator responds. ++Valiant Actual directs you to hold, and that Hotel elements are inbound and will be informed of the situation. Also be advised, Angel flight is being redirected to your position.++

“Copy that Nemesis out.” Brock hands the vox horn back to Xiz. “Commissar, we have friendly Valkyries inbound.” He related over the squad net.

The first vehicle crested the rise to the south, the intimidating form of a Leman Russ looking like it was drenched in blood in the malefic light of the Eye of Terror. The turret orientated do north, the tank commander standing in the hatch, raising a set of magnoculars to scan the hill crest to the north.

Several Chimera followed the lumbering tank and crested the rise, their turrets beginning to track for targets, vehicle commanders manning the pintle mounted heavy stubbers.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-11, 06:26 PM
Silvanus saw the commander peeking his head out ot the vehicle with a deep bloody smile, opening comms again.

"Sir, permission to take the shot at the idiot with his head peeking out of the armor?"

Lycan 01
2010-01-11, 09:33 PM
Overhearing the sniper's request, the confessor gently gestures towards the Guardsmen around him. "Hold your fire, servants of the Emperor. If we attack now, that heathen may duck down. Let him feel secure, so that the Emperor may strip him of that comfort with the cleansing beam of a las round. Fear not, for should they see us and think us unaware, His Will will keep us safe, and show them how wrong they are. In His Name!"

crazedloon
2010-01-12, 09:59 AM
Igs

Emperor be praised priest, but he does not reward the lazy who expect his will be done through faith alone. Sometimes his will requires a little lead and fire. To survive out here you must learn the time for each and this may very well be one of those times.

Igs looks towards the tanks as the crest the hill attempting to make out the exact shapes of the men on the outside of the vehicles, as well as any damaged sections of the vehicles.

awareness [roll0]
looking for damaged treds and turret joints and any view slits and the like.

Lycan 01
2010-01-12, 02:38 PM
"I'm not suggesting for you to lay down and take a nap, soldier. I'm simply advising that you don't let your itchy trigger finger blow our chance to take down what may be a heretic officer of some sort. The moment we open fire, he'll drop down into that turret and start blasting us. But if we let the sniper have his shot... At the very least, that Leman Russ will lose its captain and be thrown into confusion. But on the chance that he's in charge of that line of heathens driving towards us, which he may be given their officers' tendancies to lead from the front, we can't blow this chance to devastate their ability to fight..." Father Lucius smirks.

Ceridan
2010-01-17, 11:06 PM
“Hold your fire Silvanus, let them close first.” Brock replied as he glanced down at his crono trying to will it to tick faster and failing.

The Leman Russ and the first five chimeras started down the rise, engines rumbling and treads clanking. The officer in the Leman Russ continues to scan with his magnoculars, while the five chimera commanders sweep back and forth with their heavy stubbers, searching for targets.

The lead vehicle reaches 900 metres away when a second line of five chimeras accompanied by a rhino crest the rise.

crazedloon
2010-01-19, 08:33 AM
Igs

Igs legs begins to twitch as the vehicles rumble closer.

Dammit, that emperor forsaken commissar is going to get those boys killed.

He bites his lip and cracks his grenade launcher and empties the shells before fumbling a new group of shells into the chambers. He gazes left than right along the hill. He slips the smoke out of his pouch and grips its pin between his teeth. He pushes himself down the hill away from the tanks trying to hide his body from the oncoming tanks and runs down the line of troops to the far end of the line of men opposite the commissars squad. He hustles to about as far as he dares from the squad before cresting the hill and squinting for cover down the hill and shuffles crouched trying to use the darkness to aid his movement heavy stubber held tight against his body and launcher and gun slapping his thighs metal pin clicking on his front teeth.

reload my grenade launcher with krak only grenades slipping the frags into my pouch and smoke into my mouth at the ready

going for the opposite flank the commissar and crew are going and trying to move down the hill with great haste while still hiding using as much cover as possible.

awareness for some cover down that flank down the hill [roll0] vs 29

hiding while I do this trying to put actual objects between me and the enemy (i.e. the hill while running along the line and than any terrain that I can spot with the above awareness roll) [roll1] vs 15 + any modifiers

LTSearchEngine
2010-01-21, 01:06 PM
Draxis:

Draxis spies a weakness on the side of the Leman Russ turret as it approaches.

"Sergeant, tell the men that the Leman Russ' armour is compromised on the left side - look for a crude looking patch. That spot will provide a greater probability of penetration."

After putting this over the network, he went back to scanning the approaching vehicles.

Lycan 01
2010-01-21, 01:54 PM
Father Lucius kneels, holding his bolt pistol near the side of his face and clasping the Aquila necklace, still entwined around his left hand, to his chest. He then bows his head and begins to pray. "Mighty Emperor of Holy Terra, God-King of Humankind, we Your humble servants ask that You will lend us Thine righteous strength and valor in the coming trials. Let us not falter, let not our resolve fail, let fear not enter our hearts, and let doubt not dampen our fervor. Shield us in Thine protecting embrace, and shatter our foes with Your righteous fury. Let them break upon us as waves upon a rock, and let their spirits shatter like glass against steel. Fill our hearts with zeal, and fill their souls with dread. For You shall we fullfill our duty, be it death or glory. Let our actions bring honor and praise to Your Name, be their our dying deeds or the start of our legend. You have shown us the path, O Emperor, and we shall not stray. In Your Name I doth pray, Amen!"

Father Lucius opens his eyes, and glances from side to side at the soldiers around him. "The Emperor Protects, men. Remember that..."

Ceridan
2010-01-21, 09:52 PM
“Copy that. Anything else that might give us an edge Draxis?” Brock responds.

The guardsmen in the commissar’s fire team nod their compliance to the plan. The armoured column draws closer the tracks clanking and squealing all the louder. They close to with-in 700 metres of the hillock, some 300 metres short of the commissar’s fire teams position.

Awareness check for the Leman Russ’ Commander. [roll0] vrs. 45 (45 base, +20 Equipment, -20 distance)
Awareness check for the chimera commanders [roll1] vrs. 10 (30 Base, +20 for multiple people looking, -20 for shadowy illumination, -20 for distance

crazedloon
2010-01-21, 11:51 PM
Igs

Igs hears the snipers words over the com and grins as he slide down the hill nearly falling to a knee at one point. He tries to stay low and quiet as he legs begin to ache from the running they had put up with this day.

Sarge 'll take out de russ if Draxis could provide me with a shot on the commander as I rush the line. Commissar If you wouldn mind aim at the rhino it may well have Damned Astres in it. Ill provide enough of a distraction to keep the rest of the the bastards busy.

Igs mumbles the request through clenched teeth as he tries to cover the distance between the hill and the incoming tanks. He double checks the stubber in his hands and peers for a crater or some other cover which he could hide in 150 meters in front of the oncoming tanks.

hide [roll0]
awareness [roll1]

Krrth
2010-01-22, 02:10 PM
Zane

Zane simply waits as the vehicles move closer. He might be able to do something when the occupants climb out, but a shot-gun vs/ armor usually doesn't do very much.

Lycan 01
2010-01-22, 11:17 PM
Father Lucius takes a few deep breaths, preparing himself for the coming storm...

Ceridan
2010-01-26, 02:27 AM
The first wave of armoured vehicles drawls parallel to the commissar and her fire team, still some 500 metres short of sergeant Brock and his fire team. The vehicle commanders continue to scan for targets.

Awareness check for the Leman Russ’ Commander. [roll0] vrs. 45 (45 base, +20 Equipment, -20 distance)
Awareness check for the chimera commanders [roll1] vrs. 10 (30 Base, +20 for multiple people looking, -20 for shadowy illumination, -20 for distance

The second line of armored vehicles trails some 200 metres behind the first line.

Draxis The rhino comes into view, the armour has the sheen of burnished iron, trimmed with yellow and black, with a metal helmet icon on the hull.

The Leman Russ commander pans toward the hill and plays with the settings on the magnoculars. His had reaches for the comm. Bead in his ear.

"He's made us. Silvanus take him." Brock related. "Igs, draw their fire. Commissar, recommend you frag what you can as they try to deploy."

crazedloon
2010-01-26, 08:48 AM
Igs

With pleasure sir

Igs grits through his clenched jaw before grabbing the grenade with one hand and and slipping his thumb from his other hand through the pin and pulling. He gives his fellow guardsmen time to take his shot before hefting the grenade in front of him aiming for any cover between him and oncoming tanks. He continues to move forward to the cover that aimed for lowering to nearly a slide as he enters the cover. He lays the stubber unceremoniously on the ground at the edge of the cover in the thick of the smoke before continuing forward in a single motion drawing the grenade launcher from his side.

Commissar I would suggest laying low until I have draw their fire.

delaying until Draxis shoots
throw [roll0]
move action to any cover I can find and throw the grenade to, (aiming close enough to get to it this turn) How far would it be from the tanks?
free action to drop the stubber to the ground
free action draw the Launcher

Saldre
2010-01-27, 12:06 AM
Archilius

Amidst the rumbling of the tanks and the shaking ground, a faint whisper is audible to those who quietly wait on the top of the hill, looking down on the battlefield. This whisper, seemingly inconspicuous, would have been drowned out by the intense concentration that gripped their hearts if not for its most peculiar source. A young man, who had until then been completely quiet, was leaning on one knee, as if in prayer, a few feet behind them. What at first is assumed to be a last rite prayer is quickly revealed to be much more as recognition sets in and his identity becomes clear.

His white and red robes, a standard uniform issued to Imperial Psykers, give away his allegiance while his blond hair and peculiar face, marked by an unwavering smile allow you to place him at various occasions during the march. His continued silence and his day-dreaming demeanour had him pegged as an adept, absorbed with his thoughts and simply present to record and keep track of the mission.

Now, in the midst of chaos, you find him chanting. In his hands, he holds a long staff. As he tightens his grip on it, the sun-shaped blade at its top begins to glow slightly.

Without a doubt, for better or for worse, the Psyker has joined the battle.

Assuming i am popping right into the action!
[roll0] Vs 71 Incantation (51+10+10)
Oh god, this is terrible haha

ZeroNumerous
2010-01-27, 02:06 PM
Commissar

Once the enemy armor has been spotted, Rotha removed her laspistol while keeping the krak in her other hand. She tensed up, readying herself for the long run toward what could be her grave. "Even though it may seem we are outnumbered and outgunned. Remember that the Emperor stands with us, and His grace is the greatest weapon of all." With that said, Rotha waves for the other guardsman to wait a bit longer.

When Brock says they were spotted, Rotha leaps up from cover. "Throw smoke! Kraks and frags start running. Covering fire from smokers." The Commissar dashes toward the nearest cover whilst putting her faith in the guardsmen to do as they are told.

Pre-battle rally attempt: [roll0] vs 30
Move toward the smoke. If I'm in range: I'll throw the krak toward the rhino. If not, I'll hold off and dive toward cover.

AssassinKing
2010-01-27, 03:06 PM
Loken throws the smoke grenade as close to the convoy as possible and starts dashing towards the closest vehicle when the smoke goes off. Hoping the vehicle stops he gets ready to put his krak under the tracks.(lol that sounds illegal) and gets ready to open the top hatch to throw in a frag.

Lol it seems like a lot and I know I can't do it in one round but that's my plan for now.

Lycan 01
2010-01-31, 02:18 PM
Father Lucius makes the sign of the Aquila. It was time to see what role he and his flock would serve for the Emperor...

Ceridan
2010-02-02, 05:02 PM
Ooc Still waiting for Silvanus to shoot. Assuming he aims for the Leman Russ commander…

The first line of armoured vehicles have barely rumbled by the Commissar and her fire team as they toss their smoke grenades. They detonate, spewing thick grey smoke around and behind the nearest chimera as the fire team leaps the wall and sprints for the APC.

Igs’ smoke grenade lands well short of the mark, the vehicles being some 400 metres distant, but does seem to draw fire from the chimeras on the opposite flank. Heavy stubber rounds and multi-laser fire cris cross the area cover by the smoke, lighting up the night with tracers and laser pulses.

The second line of armoured vehicles, including the Rhino, are still some 100 metres behind the first line. The chimera commanders of the second line seem caught off guard by the smoke and hesitate as the commissar’s fire team rushes the first chimera, quickly losing sight of them in the smoke.

The Rhino, however, reacts with startling speed. The twin bolters on top track onto the smoke and the deep cough of bolter fire adds to the din of engines, stubber and las fire.

Commissar’s Fire Team The smoke grenades, general confusion, and your wild charge have put you within 3 metres of the back and sides of the nearest chimera.

Rhino: Bolter fire #1[roll0], Bolter #2[roll1] needs a 30, 50 base, +20 full auto spray, -10 for range, -30 for smoke.

Brocks Fire Team The enemy seems occupied at the moment and isn’t shooting at you. The White shields look determined, but the range is still too great for their two grenade launchers to be effective given their short supply of krak grenades. Long Las fire will be at a -20 unless you have a telescopic sight, then it is only -0.

Igs Three chimeras are spraying wildly at your smoke. Heavy stubbers, multi-lasers and you think the hull mounted heavy bolters are waiting for a clear shot. Running into the smoke will require a Will test as any sane person’s survival instincts scream at them to duck and cover.

Ceridan
2010-02-02, 05:07 PM
Commissar’s Fire Team. Dodge rolls for two NPC troopers, both need a 40. 1st Trooper [roll0], 2nd Trooper[roll1]

Ceridan
2010-02-02, 05:19 PM
Commissar’s Fire Team Trooper Vinn takes a bolt round to the head. Bolter damage [roll0]. Trooper Evans takes two bolt rounds to the legs. Bolter Damage [roll1], and [roll2]. Bolt rounds have a 4 pen thus cutting right through Flak armour. *Shivers* Vinn cluthes a nasty wound on his head. Evans dropps as his legs come apart in a welter of gore, screaming as the severed arteries pump his blood out of the wounds in torrent.

Welks hears his friends scream as they are hit. He drops to a knee at the edge of the smoke and aims his disposable launcher at the front of the Rhino. “You sons of whores!” He screams as he fires. [roll3] Needs a 60. Base of 40, +20 for target size, lighting negated by the targets bolter fire. *Yikes* Father, you want to try to Intervene, I.e. spend a fate point so that the lad can reroll that?

LTSearchEngine
2010-02-02, 09:48 PM
Draxis:

Draxis controls his breath, cursing his organic lungs, and takes aim over cover at the Leman Russ commander. He waits, wanting to give the bona fide sniper the first shot, planning to fire immediately following Silvanus.

Immediately after Silvanus fires:
[roll0] vs 45 (BS +20 (full aim) +10(accurate) -20 (range))

Lycan 01
2010-02-02, 10:34 PM
Over the din of stubber fire, the crack of las rounds, and the thunder of bolters, Father Lucius overhears the the shriek of a Guardsman and the roar of a rocket launcher. Recognizing both as being from the Commissar's team, the Priest makes the sign of the Aquila and utters a short prayer. "Godspeed, brave warriors of Terra. I commend your souls and your dying deeds unto the Emperor, and may your revered glories be whispered by the Saints for all eternity."

Spending a Fate Point to let the Guardsman reroll his rocket attack against those blasphemous horrors who dare to stain the earth with the blood of the devout. FOR THE EMPEROR!! :smallfurious:

Krrth
2010-02-03, 10:42 AM
Zane

Zane winces as blood sprays from the injured troopers. Briefly a vision of a room covered in blood flashes through his mind, but he shakes it off. The battlefield is no place to daydream.

Throwing a Krak grenade at the Rhino, Zane prayed that it would take out the biggest threat, be that the heavy bolters or whatever was inside.

Emperor Protects!

Throwing a Krak grenade at the Rhino.
[roll0]
...of course. Spending a fate point to reroll, roll in the OOC thread.

crazedloon
2010-02-03, 02:50 PM
Igs

Igs grinned with satisfaction as the smoke was filled with shots intended for him. He continues to sprint towards the tanks launcher in hand crouching low to hide from direct sight.

full run action