PDA

View Full Version : Published Campaign Material [3.5]

Darius Rae
2009-12-17, 12:35 AM
Over the summer I took played most of the first book of the Drow War Campaign from Mongoose Publishing. The campaign was 3 books that took the PCs from level 1-30 all in a connected story.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other books that have full campaigns as opposed to adventures.

Gaiwecoor
2009-12-17, 01:17 AM
The first company that springs to mind is Paizo. They originally did three adventure paths (campaigns) for Dungeon Magazine, though I think they're out of print (12 issues per campaign, 1-20):

Shackled City
Age of Worms
Savage Tide

Since Paizo stopped publishing Dungeon, it's gone off to make the Pathfinder series of adventure paths (6 issues per campaign, 1-15ish)

Rise of the Runelords
Curse of the Crimson Throne
Second Darkness
Legacy of Fire
Council of Thieves (PFRPG - Currently on issue 4)
Kingmaker (PFRPG - Not yet released)

Note that with Council of Thieves, Paizo switched over to the PathfinderRPG system. It's similar, yet different from standard 3.5. All material up until that point is straight 3.5.

... And Wikipedia now tells me that WotC is going to be releasing Scales of War, another adventure path. I don't know any details on that.

jmbrown
2009-12-17, 01:45 AM
Shackled City is collected in a hardback. There's still quite a bit of misinformation in the printed material but it's a pretty good campaign. My only complaint is how deadly it is towards the middle: You travel to a fortified temple with a covey of strength draining and domination casting hags with their hill giant minions and fire giant blacksmith and they love forcecage. From there you fight an advanced glabrezu (and you're probably level 8 or 9 here) with something like 35+ AC and spell resistance in the high 20s. No doubt weakened from all the fights, you end up lost in a desert 500 miles away from civilization and coerced to enter the Abyss for a really, really long adventure and absolutely no way to rest, sell equipment, or restock. Some of the encounters include an abyssal basilisk that ambushes the party, an adult black dragon, a gray slaad that ambushes the party to power word stun, kidnap, and impersonate that character, a rakshasa with AC 30+ including 30 something spell resistance, a powerful lich cleric, and... yeah, that's just ONE chapter.

If you like dragons (lots of powerful dragons), cool setups (the fight with the glabrezu, if you don't make him run away like the module says he does, is intense), and a pretty well thought out plot and fleshed out characters then you'll enjoy Shackled City.

UserClone
2009-12-17, 02:16 AM
Scales of War is 4E, IIRC.

Shackled City is 1 to 20, and it comes in a hardcover for ~$50 US.

pres_man
2009-12-17, 04:29 AM
Scales of War is 4E, IIRC.

Shackled City is 1 to 20, and it comes in a hardcover for ~$50 US.

You can get Shackled City for $30 (http://paizo.com/store/sale/paizoStimulusPackage/v5748btpy7dx9) at Paizo right now.

Innis Cabal
2009-12-17, 04:51 AM
And its worth it to. Great adventure. Hard, but alot of fun. Sad they never got the Age of Worms in hard cover. Would have bought that in a heart beat. GREATER ADVENTURE