PDA

View Full Version : Splitting the Rituals(4e)

DragonBaneDM
2009-12-17, 02:08 AM
I'm in an Eberron campaign, there are two leaders in our party.

I play a Kalashtar healic... He's... Yeah he's disgustingly good at it. But I have ritual casting.

Then there's a gnome artificer, who ALSO has ritual casting.

We both started at level 9. How many rituals are we each allowed to have, and which ones SHOULD we have. Cause rituals go overlooked rule-wise a lot, and I don't want that to be the case in this campaign.

Kurald Galain
2009-12-17, 04:13 AM
We both started at level 9. How many rituals are we each allowed to have, and which ones SHOULD we have. Cause rituals go overlooked rule-wise a lot, and I don't want that to be the case in this campaign.
How many? As many as you can afford from your starting money. Wizards would get a few extra for free, but other ritualists don't.

Which ones should you have... Tenser's Floating Disc is the best level-1 ritual, hands down. Repair Object is decent, and Remove Condition and Raise Dead are very useful at times. Hand of Fate is one of the few useful diviniation rituals. Several other rituals you can take for flavor reasons if you want, but can easily be done for free with a skill check or two (e.g. keeping watch instead of doing Eye of Warding).

Rules go overlooked because most of them, by RAW, don't really do all that much; I've played a ritual caster for a dozen levels now, have invested substantial money in it, and am looking really hard for opportunities to use rituals - and the only three that see any use are Tenser's, Repair Object, and Hand of Fate.