PDA

View Full Version : Call me slow, but I just realised...

Moonshadow
2009-12-17, 04:21 AM
That Neo Haley (after the haircut from Crystal) was actually foreshadowed in Comic 319. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0319.html)

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-17, 04:26 AM
Yeah, you're slow. Or you're just one of those people who only notices tiny details when you go back through the archive.:smallwink:

RecklessFable
2009-12-17, 02:14 PM
Or you have a life outside this comic but your strong powers of observation keep your level of geekery high...

Forbiddenwar
2009-12-17, 06:03 PM
There's another thread on this topic on the first page, called "Things You never noticed." This has been posted repeatedly there. So, no, you aren't the only one who didn't notice it at first.

BatRobin
2009-12-17, 06:12 PM
When I saw the typo in the first sentence, I immediately thought of Haley in black with a katana and pistol taknig the blue pill. XD

Menas
2009-12-17, 08:52 PM
Or you have a life outside this comic but your strong powers of observation keep your level of geekery high...

The geek is strong with this one.....

Moff Chumley
2009-12-17, 09:08 PM
I hadn't noticed it...

:smallfrown:

Andraste
2009-12-18, 01:27 AM
I don't think it's really foreshadowing, exactly. He just picked a bunch of hairstyles for her personalities and one of them happened to have short hair, and he later chose to have her have hair that was somewhat similar to it, not necessarily because of it though.
It wouldn't make sense either, as the first time it was in her head, and when she actually had short hair it was not her choice.

Forbiddenwar
2009-12-18, 01:48 AM
I don't think it's really foreshadowing, exactly. He just picked a bunch of hairstyles for her personalities and one of them happened to have short hair, and he later chose to have her have hair that was somewhat similar to it, not necessarily because of it though.
It wouldn't make sense either, as the first time it was in her head, and when she actually had short hair it was not her choice.

Didn't Giant say this already? I think I remember a quote somewhere saying there are so few ways to show hair styles in stick figures that, of course, there is going to be repeats

drengnikrafe
2009-12-18, 01:51 AM
Didn't Giant say this already? I think I remember a quote somewhere saying there are so few ways to show hair styles in stick figures that, of course, there is going to be repeats

I beleive the giant did say this. He said it as he locked a "Was that generic NPC related to Haley? They had similar hair" thread. Somebody has it in their sig, IIRC.

Souhiro
2009-12-18, 03:06 AM
The YOUNG girard had a hairstyle similar to the one of the old Haley, the one all of us loved.