PDA

View Full Version : Shojo, too cool to be dead

Hatman
2009-12-17, 05:54 PM
Girard is an epic level illusionist, correct?
well we know from experience that the giant like slipping hypocritical rants in
see http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0372.html
So would it be possible that girard is actually Shojo (chaotic good lier to paladins), and that he has been making sure about the palidin's gate the whole time.

I mean it would explain why they couldn't raise shojo after he died, if Girard just made it look like he died to keep in character.

Mando Knight
2009-12-17, 05:58 PM
That... is one weird idea. I'm gonna put that on an index card now...

...There. It's filed away in my "wild plot guesses" box. If mecha can be piloted by sheer determination alone, then why not?

Hatman
2009-12-17, 05:59 PM
it also explains the narrow escape shojo had back in the day
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0289.html

and why roy's dad, another accomplished illusionist would want to work together

Atronach
2009-12-17, 08:04 PM
... That is psychotic. I doubt I need to point out the problems with that hypothesis. *Shivers*

SaintRidley
2009-12-17, 09:12 PM
Certainly an interesting hypothesis. I like the insanity of it.

Moff Chumley
2009-12-17, 09:27 PM

I like the way you think, my friend. :smallbiggrin:
It's ridiculous and almost certainly not true, but nevertheless, I give you the Chumley seal of approval just for having the cajones to post that.

Quorothorn
2009-12-18, 02:08 AM
Any spells that could fake the X-ed out eyes?

If so, this theory is in business. (Bonkers business, o'course...the best kind when theorizing.)

Tavar
2009-12-18, 02:12 AM
Quick problem: if he was Shojo, why didn't he help protect the other gate? Seems a wee bit idiotic, to me.

Quorothorn
2009-12-18, 02:19 AM
Quick problem: if he was Shojo, why didn't he help protect the other gate? Seems a wee bit idiotic, to me.

Girard has a track record of being idiotic. :smallwink:

Hatman
2009-12-18, 02:40 AM

well he was in the lands of the paladins before the gate was destroyed, so.... they may have gotten pissey about that. ya know the oath breaking and all that actually means something to them.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0405.html

Hatman
2009-12-18, 02:45 AM

If so, this theory is in business. (Bonkers business, o'course...the best kind when theorizing.)

what part of epic level illusionist don't you understand?

Lizard Lord
2009-12-18, 02:49 AM
So.... are you part of the "Girard lied about lieing" group? To me it would seem like the explosion blew up that theory. (Pun intended.)

If you think Girard's rant was the genuine deal then why would Shojo give the OotS the wrong coordinates?

Souhiro
2009-12-18, 03:10 AM
Well, there is a problem: There is a picture of Shojo's Father reiciving the crown from Soon, and Shojo was there, as a child.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/oots0277.gif

It's unlikely that they are the same person.

Hatman
2009-12-18, 03:15 AM
Well, there is a problem: There is a picture of Shojo's Father reiciving the crown from Soon, and Shojo was there, as a child.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/oots0277.gif

It's unlikely that they are the same person.

ummm, might I point out that this is a memory described by the Shojo in question himself...

Turkish Delight
2009-12-18, 03:52 AM
Girard is Mr. Scruffy suffering from a Polymorph Self spell and a personality wipe to actually convince him he is a cat.

Fiery Diamond
2009-12-18, 05:47 AM
Girard is Mr. Scruffy suffering from a Polymorph Self spell and a personality wipe to actually convince him he is a cat.

This theory is not only more plausible, but also epically awesome.

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-18, 07:18 AM
This is one of the most interesting speculations I've seen on this forum. And by interesting, I mean insane. And by insane, I mean I like it....

...Sleep deprivation. Avoid it.

TheBlackShadow
2009-12-18, 07:33 AM

Well there goes my theory that Mr. Scruffy is Soon Kim in disguise :smallannoyed:.

In terms of the "Shojo is Girard", thing, I would very much like this to be true even though, y'know, it probably isn't. Girard's hatred of Soon and the Paladins seem to be wildly disproportionate to Shojo's amused tolerance/mild contempt for them, and defending two Gates at once would be impractical, not to mention that he would then be guilty of the very thing he accused Soon of planning.

Even still, that would be insanely cool of him, possibly enough to revive my previous admiration for him (Girard, that is. Shojo was, and always shall be, Epic, even though he was only Lv. 14).

Blas_de_Lezo
2009-12-18, 10:08 AM
He has obviously reincarnated in Mr. Scruffy

WreckedElf
2009-12-18, 10:15 AM
While I really doubt this is theory is correct.

The idea that Girard's distrust of Soon was so great that not only did he set a trap for Soon, but he also secretly stole control of Soon's gate, would be hilariously awesome.

(EDIT: fixed a misspelling)

Dark Faun
2009-12-18, 10:19 AM
Considering "Girard" refused to come back to defend the gate of Azure City, that doesn't exactly make him admirable.

Coliumbos
2009-12-18, 10:20 AM

Dude... black eyeliner fooled hobgoblins. Add to that the fact that in the same comic you had 'Feign Death'...

As a fan of crazy/cool speculation, I would love this. I also raise a 'Mark of Justice being epic level illusions' which was used to screw over one of his possible 'knowers' if you get what I mean.

He didn't help protect the other gate(s) because both: a) Rich probably didn't think <as> far ahead as that (due to the comic at that point being ruleset gags), and b) dude, he's CHAOTIC. He has no lawful obligation to help the other gates, and also the other two gates were guarded by an epic Druid/Cleric and an epic Wizard - both can use True Seeing or other such spells.

HealthKit
2009-12-18, 11:45 AM
Well if Shojo is really Girard...
and knew an evil Lich is planning on seizing the gate he's responsible for...
why would he give the OotS (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0676.html) false coordinates?

Somewhere
2009-12-18, 11:52 AM
One would think that protecting something as vital to the world's continued existence such as these Gates would rank as a high priority to any sane person :smallconfused:

WreckedElf
2009-12-18, 12:12 PM
Considering "Girard" refused to come back to defend the gate of Azure City, that doesn't exactly make him admirable.

I agree. If you were refering to my calling the theory hilarious awesome, I guess I should clarify I mean something more of badass kinda awesome: cool and requiring great skill, but not necesarrily good.

That may well end up being the theme for Girard: thoroughly planned out and deceptive, but not very nice. From what we've seen There's no telling what sort of things he may do.. expecially where Soon is involved.

Theodoriph
2009-12-18, 12:19 PM
If Shojo were an illusion of Girard's (which he wasn't),

Why would Shojo have died at all? Illusions don't die. And it wouldn't make sense for Girard to fake Shojo's death when the gate is about to be attacked by a Lich and his army and the death of Shojo would throw the city into disarray. He could have just had Shojo keep on trucking. Everyone would have presumed Shojo had enough hitpoints to survive the attack by Miko and Azure City would have had a better chance at surviving the attack. If his whole purpose in using Shojo was to watch over and protect the gate...it doesn't really make any sense.

Vemynal
2009-12-18, 03:52 PM
congrats! i think u are probably the first to come up with this theory!

u now have your own insane idea that will permeate the forums and refuse to die

who knows, u might even have fan art!

Herald Alberich
2009-12-20, 03:08 AM
Even if Girard faked Shojo's death, why would Miko Fall for striking down an illusion? That certainly wasn't false.

Mooglefrooglian
2009-12-20, 03:37 AM
She was struck down for "killing" her leader. Illusion or not, intent really matters in this case.

Love this theory. It's so insanely convoluted I can't help but laugh, and hope.