PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 4e] The Cabinet of Faces - The Rainbow Falls Cafe

Aron Times
2009-12-17, 06:18 PM
It all began with a mysterious envelope with no return address and addressed to your real name. Someone out there knows your real name. Whether this is a problem or not (you could be openly changeling), the envelope piques your curiousity and you open it. Inside is a letter and a ring in the shape of a serpent eating its own tail, a symbol of Siberys, the Dragon Above.

Enclosed is a Sleepweaver, a reward for your services. Wear it when you go to sleep tonight.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/Joseph_Silver/OuroborosRing.jpg

With nothing better to do, you do as the letter says and wear the Siberys-shaped ring, the Sleepweaver, before going to sleep. Upon putting on the ring, you immediately feel sleepy, the same feeling after a hard day's days work. It is a very relaxing feeling of sleepiness, and would be quite pleasant if you have been suffering from insomnia.

You find yourself in a placed right out of a dream, at a lake fed by a rainbow-colored falls. A stylish cafe is built at the edge of the lake, the sign at the entrance calling it "The Rainbow Falls Cafe". There are several changelings, all in their true forms, already in the place, enjoying a wide variety of drinks. The bartender, also a changeling, smiles at you. "The others will be here shortly", he says, "but for now, what will you be having? We stock everything here. Anything you can think of."

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee136/Joseph_Silver/RainbowFalls.jpg

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-17, 06:28 PM
Cassidy Wahrendo:

Ah, Rainbow Falls. Its always nice to come here after a long day... sighs Cassidy, wrapping her spiked chain around her belt in her usual way. A member of the Cabinet of Faces since some of her very first memories, Cassidy is a frequent patron of the dream-like cafe.

I've had a long day today, Bartender. I'd just like a cold punch and a nice comfy chair, she replies to the bartender's warm greeting, walking into the cafe, taking out the pony tail in her shoulder-length green hair and taking her customary seat alone in front of the fire place. She dreams up a book, and starts reading while she waits for her punch.

OOC: Yay! First Post! I hope having Cassidy as a somewhat established member of the Cabinet is okay - it was in my backstory, which no one objected to.

Aron Times
2009-12-17, 06:44 PM
The Bartender goes by no name and has always been known as the Bartender. He is always present in the Cafe, no matter what time of night his patrons arrive, seemingly immune to the drawbacks of sleeping awake for extended periods of time. Sleeping awake in Dal Quor is not restful sleep; a sleeper who stays an hour here has to sleep an extra hour in normal sleep to gain the benefits of a good night's sleep. Thus, one cannot "gain time" by sleeping awake in Dal Quor.

((Anyone who wears a Sleepweaver during an extended rest has to spend an extra amount of time asleep equal to the amount of time spent in Dal Quor. Furthermore, the wearer wakes up with one less healing surge that cannot be recovered until he sleeps a whole night without wearing the ring.))

SpearchuckerJoe
2009-12-17, 09:17 PM
Io phased into existence at Rainbow Falls.

A good place to interact with my new allies...

The robed male, currently with spiked blue hair and sporting a nose and lip ring, seemingly glided to the bar.

Gin and tonic. he stated, his voice strangely lyrical, like a man who spoke in tune, yet had no interest in doing so.

After accepting the drink he surveyed the room coolly, as the beverage bubbled strangely in his hand.

Reverent-One
2009-12-17, 09:58 PM
Jain is surprised by his current position, though he doesn't let it show. "I'll take a strong ale." He tells the barkeep, inspecting the room. The fact it is full of other changelings puts him somewhat at ease, though he wonders what exactly he got himself into. "And if I may ask, why should I care about these others that are to arrive?"

Shhhh!
2009-12-17, 10:27 PM
Anil's phasing into the Inn leaves him open and unhidden, and no number of fellow changelings will shake the feeling of nakedness. However, the offer of any drink, any at all, sparks a detached interest in just how "any" this goes, and so he leans forward onto the counter, bracing himself with one elbow, and holding out a hand, two fingers extended, and speaks in a quiet, nearly monotone voice.
I would like a glass of Arcanix Pinot Noir, 894, if you would be so kind. And perhaps a plate of cheeses, yes?
He then walks silently to a lakeside table and watches the water flow.

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-17, 10:54 PM
Cassidy looks up from her book. Ah, newbies. I better go talk to the poor things she mumbles, and she places the book on the table to her left. She sips deeply from her punch and stands up, fruity magenta drink in hand, and goes to speak to the new arrivals.

You must be the others Barman spoke of when I arrived today. The name's Cassidy. Could I get yours? she says, addressing the two new changelings near the bar.

OOC: In case it is not obvious, she is talking to Io and Jain

SpearchuckerJoe
2009-12-17, 11:27 PM
Io soaks in the question for a second and blinks twice, before breaking into a winning smile.

Lady Cassidy, I am known as Io.

Io bows slightly, though his strange purple eyes remain fixed on Cassidy.

You sat in that chair as if you owned it, I presume you are here a lot?

OOC: Were you in a chair? I imagined you were.

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-17, 11:29 PM
Whoah!

Finn looked around the room and shook her head.

Well Golly, this is new. Looks like my kind of place.

She walks up to the Bartender and sits down.

I will have a beer. Please. She smiles at him and looks around at her brethren. Hello everybody.

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-17, 11:34 PM
Io soaks in the question for a second and blinks twice, before breaking into a winning smile.

Lady Cassidy, I am known as Io.

Io bows slightly, though his strange purple eyes remain fixed on Cassidy.

You sat in that chair as if you owned it, I presume you are here a lot?

Yes, that is my favourite chair. It has a wonderful view of the water fall outside, and is right next to the fireplace. She sips her punch thoughtfully, sitting down on the barstool next to the strangely courteous changeling. And yes, I do spend quite a bit of time here in Rainbow Falls. Once the rest are here, I'm sure one of the higher-ups will inform us all why there has been such a sudden influx of new recruits. She pauses, sipping again. Maybe they're planning a new cell?

Reverent-One
2009-12-17, 11:39 PM
Jain nods, "I was told something similar. 'The other whats?' seems to be the obvious question to that statement. But in any case, I am Jain."

SpearchuckerJoe
2009-12-18, 12:23 AM
Io sits at the bar next to Cassidy, and nods understandingly.

If I know the Cabinet, then they do not move a pawn unless it is a part of a much larger action, and they are always planning actions. No doubt our presence here is a small cog in a larger operation. Of course if they do require my powers, it would be an honor to serve with other such talented individuals.

Io pauses, as if wanting to say more, but then takes a long drink instead.

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-18, 01:36 AM
Finn looks at the rather important conversation and thinks she should probably go introduce herself

"Hey everybody. I'm Finn. You may know me by Sly Ginger. I'm kind of a big deal! Whats going on over here. What are all your names?

She sits content

CrazySopher
2009-12-18, 11:10 AM
Pax chuckled to himself, eyes darting back and forth over the glorious, wonderful sights. So this is what magic and the Cabinet could bring him, huh? Instead of simply passing out every night, he could send himself to a magical pleasure realm like the one he had here, and then wake up refreshed for the new day? Hell, if this is what he was going to do for the rest of his life, why hadn't he signed up sooner?

The young Changeling flat out laughed at "Anything you can think of". At first he figured something rather light to start, but then again, this wasn't his real body now, was it? He could get drunk off of whatever he'd like here and wake up in the morning without a hangover! "I'd be absolutely delighted, my fine sir," he said in the most "fancy" tone he could muster, "if you could deliver me the finest, strongest, oldest, most expensive Dwarven beverage to have never been opened in the Mror Holds."

The flask was made of rough-hewn stone, corked with an iron cap. You could have swung it by the neck and killed a man, if only it weren't so remarkably, unbelievably heavy. The bartender poured him a shot of glorious, foaming ale that seemed to drip thick, heavy gray mist along the floor. Pax almost giggled to himself in excitement before downing the whole thing, posing with all the poise and air of a social Renaissance man... and quickly doubled over, coughing and choking. His throat felt coated in acid... which, honestly, wasn't too far from the truth. He wouldn't have been surprised if the 1000 year old Dwarven ale had been a 1000 year old Dwarf instead, if he only had taste to go by.

"Y-yeah, that's... good st-ACK... stuff..." He was barely able to hoarsely choke out the words before clutching his chest, setting the shot back down on the bar, his breath wavering with the shock his stomach was going through, before glancing at the shot glass. It was still half full. He'd only had half of it? Half of that f**king thing had been able to damn near kill him in one go? It felt like he'd been punched in the gut by an Adamantine cannonball made entirely out of angry Dwarven fists. He could hear the distilled spirits of Dwarven kings reprimanding him for even daring to touch their birthright. How dare y'tuch meh sacred rubbin' alcohol, y'stupid palefaced git?

Pax somehow summoned the strength to pull himself up onto a barstool long enough to catch his breath, before raising a finger unobtrusively. "One lemonade, please. Thanks."

Hashmir
2009-12-18, 11:25 AM
Won't be able to post properly until tonight. Just letting everyone know I'm here and reading.

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-18, 03:12 PM
As the Changeling actress introduces herself, Cassidy responds likewise I am Cassidy Wahrendo. And I must admit that I have not heard of a "Sly Ginger", though I've been told I don't get out enough. I know you have not heard of me - if you had, you'd be dead. she says pleasantly.

She looks at the foolhardy Pax and chuckles lightly to herself. Can't hold your liquor, newbie? she teases, grinning widely. You've got to know your limits. That's why I drink punch.

Belobog
2009-12-18, 03:19 PM
A small note that today looks like it's going to be very active, not the least of which would be finishing up some things about Dolores. Should still make a post in game, it'll just be later tonight. Sorry about the hang-up.

SpearchuckerJoe
2009-12-18, 04:01 PM
Io raises an eyebrow at Finn.

My name is Io. Do you prefer to be called Finn, or this "Sly Ginger" moniker? I apologize but I also do not get out much. What are your deeds of record that I am apparently ignorant of?

CrazySopher
2009-12-18, 04:15 PM
Pax chuckled at the robed gentleman next to him. Piercings... not smart. They stayed there when you changed, and your lips tended to mold their shape around them later. The job didn't look bad, if you knew how to shapechange just right, but that didn't make it any less painful. "Don't feel bad. If you're ignorant of'em, that means she's doing it right. And that means I'm happy she's on our side." He gulped the lemonade, all too happy to fill his tongue with any sensation other than burning sourness, setting it down with a pleased sigh of refreshment. "Mmm... nothin' like a nice tall glass of the good stuff. Name's Pax. And if you like, lady, you can have a nip of the stuff I tried and see how fast it dissolves your stomach lining." He pointed over his shoulder with his thumb, at the bar. "I could spit like a Black Dragon right now. If this was really my body, I'd be laid over for a week. Pity, seeing as I finally got a line of work going."

Though the sourness still boiled in his stomach, occasionally reminding him of what a complete ass he'd made of himself, he smiled. He was in good company, finally had a good job, and he'd never had an experience like this before. "You can call me Pax, if you like. More than happy to meet someone in a bar where nobody wants to run a knife through my back for muttering something stupid under my breath. And you two?"

And before I forget. Shadow Elf, when I saw your new avi for the first time, literally "guffawed". Good work, sir. XD

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-18, 04:21 PM
I think I'll pass, though I appreciate the offer, Pax smiles Cassidy, glad to have more people around her rank to speak with. Apart from her instructors, none of the higher-ups ever really speak to her except when they needed someone dead or a team reinforced.

@CrazySopherThanks, Arokh's brillaint avataring skills never cease to amaze me. And Wigglytuff is awesome, and Portal is awesome. Combine the two, and profit can be the only logical result.

SpearchuckerJoe
2009-12-18, 04:33 PM
Io grunts at the seedy Pax.

'Tis one thing to be an echo on the wind, and another to be dust in it. After all, she got noticed enough to be here.

CrazySopher
2009-12-18, 04:54 PM
People were smiling in a bar. And they weren't drunk, either! This was certainly a socially enlightening experience for Pax, and he smiled back genuinely. At least at the lady. Her friend wasn't exactly sunshine and posies, though. Some people just couldn't cut loose. "Yeah, well, The Cabinet's a special case, if you ask me. They know more about... I don't know, probably damn near everything than hired help like you and I ever will. At least until we get our feet wet, anyhow."

Thankfully, the lady was a little bit more sociable. He chuckled, sipped his drink, and smiled. "Hey, no worries. I was being a little bit sarcastic though. You shouldn't try it unless you're looking for-oof..."

Pax bit his lip and furrowed his brow, keeling over just a little as he gripped his stomach as if it would pour out of he didn't squeeze tight enough. "Oooh, yeah, still feelin' it..." He couldn't help but smile good-naturedly through the pain. grinning at himself. "Pfft! That was dumb of me... man, that stuff hits harder than if you'd taken the damn stone cask it came in and swung it into my gut..."

Reverent-One
2009-12-18, 06:03 PM
Jain winces at Pax's discomfort, "Yes, dwarven ales are not to the be taken lightly, and the strong ones shouldn't be touched unless you are a dwarf. A real one, not merely a shape-shifted one. Believe me." Having spent plenty of time in dwarven company, Jain remembers a few times he would have done well to heed his own advice. "But," he says, taking a deep swig of his own mug, "They do make some good stuff."

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-18, 06:19 PM
"Oh you know, If you go to the Theatre, you've probably seen me. Lets see.. Finn squints and begins to count."I was in The Dragons Tale, Three Monks and a Drunk, and The Crimson Arrow this year alone. You may also know me by my other identities; John Quick, Franz Drizzle and Lea Grande! I work a lot"

She looks around at her new friends. "But you can call me Finn. Thats what my friends call me!" She takes a big sip of her beer and grins.

Dekkah
2009-12-18, 10:04 PM
Upon appearing within the cafe, Zulmak tries to appear not to surprised. The tall and thin male, with clear white skin and pale and greenish long hair quickling but calmly anwser the barman.
I would like some decent wine please
Picking up the wine, he take a good look around him, stopping only slightly upon each person within the place, analyzing everything. Surely some other Cabinet members, better introduce myself
Hello, my name is Zulmak. Sorry for my tardiness, i was delayed within the material world.

OOC:Changed my color, I hope this one ok, it isnt easy to find an easy to read color.

SpearchuckerJoe
2009-12-18, 10:54 PM
Io smiles at Finn

That's what I expected you meant, but unfortunately I have been somewhat secluded in the real world before recent events. I shall have to see one of your shows if I get the chance.

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-18, 11:00 PM
Pax, I have a good remedy for an upset stomach, if you're interested, smiles Cassidy, tapping her forehead with two forefingers. She turns in her barstool to face the newcomer and nods her head at his introduction. Well met, Zulmak. I am Cassidy Wahrendo. I do not believe you are late until the higher-ups get here - which is to say, not yet. I will allow my new companions to introduce themselves.

OOC @ Dekka: You may want to pick a colour other than green for your speech, to avoid confusion. If you're dead-set on it, you could change the shade to a darker or lighter one.

CrazySopher
2009-12-18, 11:07 PM
Pax grinned back at Jain, nodded a return greeting to Cass, coughed a little and sat himself upright. The burning in his belly had died down for a little bit, at least, and more company was starting to appear!

But it was the actress that grabbed his attention again, cocking an eye and pointing a finger at her from the hip. "Wait a minute... you don't happen to have been in the version of Three Monks and a Drunk that played up near The Pirate Market, did you? Was that you who played such a convincing Bainsley? Because one of those names sounds really familiar, and I can't tell which was which..."

Also, hiya Rev! Didn't think I'd see you here. Looks like three of us got in. :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2009-12-18, 11:40 PM
Raising slightly his cup in Finn direction, Zulmak adds
I did see The Dragons Tale a couple months ago. A fine play i must add. You did quite a good job in making the Black Duke beleivable.
He then takes a short sip of wine.
So the higher-ups arent here yet...
Looking directly at Cassidy
Any idea on how many more we are expecting and when the higher-ups should be here?

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-18, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure... can't be many. A Hand is only ever a... handful of changelings, she replies, grinning at her own cleverness. I suspect that once all the newbies are here and the Barman has received our mission, we'll get to business. In the meantime, enjoy your drink and relax.

CrazySopher
2009-12-19, 12:00 AM
Pax cocked an eyebrow again. Careful ears had detected the subtle, verbal capitalization of the word "Barman." "So the bartender gives us our work and our drinks?" He was special then, Pax assumed. Anyone who was able to receive missions directly from the Cabinet, or one of their offshoots, was much more powerful than they appeared to be if they looked like the hired help.

Shhhh!
2009-12-19, 12:29 AM
Anil looked away from the shifting waters as the conversation around him shifted to the Barman, refocusing his gaze upon the barkeeper. In a moment of idle fancy he lifts his hand and tries to shift it into a well tanned farmers arm, and, as an afterthought, sees if he can add a series of stitches across a fresh wound.
Anil wonders if this will work here...perhaps it could be useful.
He gently swirls his wine glass with his free hand.

Dekkah
2009-12-19, 12:40 AM
Zulmak reply, looking at the bartender with renewed interest,
It make sense I guess. I would assume he is the owner of this place, this dream.
Looking back at Cassidy
And what about you miss Wahrendo? You seem to have a little bit more experience than us with this. You've worked for,thinking a second, searching for the correct words,this organisation before?

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-19, 01:15 AM
You guess correctly, Zulmak. The Cabinet of Faces is my home - I had nothing before being picked up by the organization... she looks somewhat, distant, as if remembering a particularly bad memory. She shakes her head, her intense psionic discipline banishing the unerving thought easily. She smiles again. You all obviously have a certain... skill set, if you've been picked up by the organization. What do all of you do? I, for one, use my mind to augment my chain and help my companions. I am sent on missions that require tactical leaders and restorative reinforcement.

CrazySopher
2009-12-19, 01:34 AM
Pax grinned, counting off his talents as he balanced a dagger on the tip of his finger by the pommel, eyes watching it intently before flicking it up into the air, catching it by the blade, twirling it a little, and putting it back in it's sheath at his belt."Rogue, Thief, Dashing Showman, Troublemaker, and... Charmer, at your service. I'm pretty with a dagger, I'm quick with a song, I can be whoever you want me to, and that whole 'charmer' thing is a little more literal than you think when you first meet me. If turning invisible and being able to convince the local authorities that 'I ran that way' with nothing more than a finger-snap and a little bit of glammer is the price that I pay for open theft, then I can only imagine what happens when someone wants to hang me!" He laughed, gulping down a little more lemonade. He hadn't been this at ease in his true form, or even whilst pretending to be someone else, in years.

"What about you, 'Mak? Certainly you've got a fair bit of talent, mm? What can you do?"

Belobog
2009-12-19, 03:45 AM
Technically tomorrow, but...

"Ah...There are so many new faces here. Am I really that late to the party?"

The lilting voice comes from the door, a changling woman standing just inside. On looks, she is the type of person to be seen on the street and forgotten about...assuming such a changling ever existed. Average. Expected. The smile on her face is the only real feature that stands out.

"I apologize if I seem distant...but if all the introductions have been so detailed, then I admit I won't be so interesting."

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-19, 09:20 AM
Finn does a little curtsy."Correct and thank you! Work is hard for a Changeling these days. But I make my due. I guess they just really like my style. I have to change identities from time to time in order to lay low. I do seem to inspire the crowd though."

She grins. Of course, it helps a bit that I'm a mage. Well, Bard. At your service! I could make you believe that I was a Queen."

Finn giggles and takes another sip of beer.

Aron Times
2009-12-19, 09:53 AM
((The OOC thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135552))

CrazySopher
2009-12-19, 10:01 AM
Pax smiles at the new face. "Oh! Nonono, please, come in! If the Cabinet hired you, I'm sure you're very interesting in your own way. I'd offer you a drink, but all of them are free anyways, and I'm not sure what you'd like!"

Dekkah
2009-12-19, 10:26 AM
Smiling at Pax familiarity "I do indead have many talents. I am an arcane art user, a wizard if you prefer. The specifics, you'll see if our paths goes the same way.
Turning to Io What about you sir Io?

SpearchuckerJoe
2009-12-19, 11:55 AM
Io smiles at the question, and flashes a winning smile.

I have been granted control over primal natural systems, and my control over my sorcery far exceeds that of many others amateurs I have seen who also summon destruction, though my training is just beginning. Luckily the Cabinet will give me the challenges necessary to hone my abilities.

He looks at Zulmak

I understand you scholars may discredit those of natural ability but if we fight together I am sure you will see that I take my purpose very seriously.

Dekkah
2009-12-19, 12:45 PM
Bowing slightly his head to Io
Fear not sir Io, I judge people talents for their worth, not their sources. I have no doubt that since you've been invited to this gathering, your abilities are strong and useful.
Moving aside to let the woman who just came in some room among the group, he give her a smile.
Well met miss, I am Zulmak. This gentlemen is Io, beside him there is sir Pax, lady Cassidy Wahrendo, sir Jain and miss Finn. We were simply discussing about our different talents and getting to know each others since we will surely be working together.
Taking a pause to drink his wine, he look directly at the newcomer, trying to gauge her.
Seems like this group will be bigger than a simple "hand".

Aron Times
2009-12-19, 12:47 PM
((DnDrake hasn't posted yet, but I'll just post the mission briefing now.))

The Bartender goes to the largest table in the Cafe, the one with eleven seats set around it. "Everyone, please take a seat at the table. We will be starting soon."

"For those of you who have never been here before, welcome to the Rainbow Falls Cafe. This place is a demiplane in the unstable Plane of Dream, also known as Dal Quor. The Rainbow Falls is similar to the astral dominions of the Astral Sea and the elemental realms of the Elemental Chaos, in that it is a plane within the greater Plane of Dream."

"I am the Bartender. I am the caretaker of this place. To make a long story short, I AM this place. My mind sustains the Rainbow Falls and keeps it from destabilizing into the flux of Dal Quor. This place is accessible by wearing a Sleepweaver before going to sleep. Furthermore, I have set a few rules that are inviolate in this place."

"First, an individual's appearance here is locked into his personal self-image. Your appearance right now is the real you, the person you subconsciously believe yourself to be. Basically, the reason we all appear as changelings here is because we subconsciously believe that we are changelings. A changeling unaware of his true nature would manifest as the person he believes himself to be."

"Second, the Sleepweavers that you wear siphon some of your mental energy to help stabilize this place The amount of energy drained by a Sleepweaver is negligible; you will not even notice it unless you spend about a week or so in the Rainbow Falls, at which point you are close to being too exhausted to manifest here."

"And third, the information you learn in this place will remain crystal clear when you wake up. This perfect recall will fade in a few months, but I trust you to be able to accomplish your missions before this happens."

"Before we begin, please tell the rest of the group where you are right now, that is, where your body is right now in Eberron. This will help us coordinate our actions in the waking world."

CrazySopher
2009-12-19, 01:33 PM
Pax couldn't help but suppress his questions. This was a... what now? Some sort of dream projection? He couldn't help but feel awkward, violating. He'd been inside someone else's skin before, but he was more than happy to make sure nobody else knew it was him. What kind of individual willingly opened a link to their mind like this?

"I'm asleep in my little hideout in the Market, where I was when you people first contacted me. I could make my way to anywhere else on the continent by ship if need be."

Dekkah
2009-12-19, 01:43 PM
"My body within the material world is in Sigilstar, a city in the Thrane nation."
Zulmak quickly add
I also can move around Khorvaire as i wish using the Lightning Rail.

SpearchuckerJoe
2009-12-19, 01:49 PM
I am a half day's hike from Cragwar in northeast Breland.

Belobog
2009-12-19, 07:18 PM
The new face seem about to speak, but then the Bartender calls the cell to order, and she comes to focus on the business at hand.

"Right now, I'm situated in Galethspyre. It wouldn't be any trouble for me to go as far as Sharn using the river, and any travel further east should be easy to set up, with Wroat only a few days southeast."

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-19, 07:38 PM
As you know, good Barman, I am at the Firegod's Fancy, an inn in Sharn. I am quite sure that I could... acquire the necessary credentials to move anywhere else quite readily, replies Cassidy, taking a seat at the table. She unconsciously twirls the short free tip of her fighting chain wrapped around her waist.

Shhhh!
2009-12-19, 10:30 PM
Anil sighs at his failure to shape-shift, but otherwise takes a seat around the table silently. As the answers round the group, he speaks up, using a quiet monotone
I rest in a small house in Wroat. It would be a simple matter for me to move within Breland, only slightly more difficult for me to travel outside the borders.

Hashmir
2009-12-21, 02:02 AM
Seeing that it is his turn, another new face speaks up.

"Me? I'm over in the Temple of the Traveler, in Sharn."

He winks at Cassidy before taking another sip of mead.

"Oh, and you can call me...let's say Nit."

DnDrake
2009-12-21, 03:37 AM
"Starting a briefing without me, Bartender? That's rude of you!" says a huge changeling that approaches the group. "Hey guys, I'm Gork'Ae Wildfury and currently stationed near Krona Peak, in the Ironroot Mountains." He sits down and asks the bartender for the usual, a large mug of the hardest ale.

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-21, 12:00 PM
At Nit's wink, Cassidy shakes her head and smiles.

As the large changeling strolls into the room, Cassidy greets him.
Well met, Gork'Ae. she says cheerily, inclining her head in his direction. She turns to the Bartender. So, Bartender, shall we get down to the business at hand?

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-21, 12:24 PM
"Where am I? hmm lets see...OH I'm also in Sigilstar! I just finished my latest run so I am good to go. Perhaps Zulmak and I could meet up and move together!" She claps her hands in delight.

"Oh, but keep going"

Aron Times
2009-12-21, 02:04 PM
Zulmak, Anil, Jain, Grok'ae, Finn are concentrated in the Northeast, and shall be the Right Hand. Io, Pax, Cassidy, Nit, and Dolores are concentrated in Breland, in the Southwest, and shall be the Left Hand.

The Right Hand: Mission Briefing
The Right Hand shall head to the town of Lakeside in Eastern Karrnath. You will pose as would-be adventurers visiting the town to rest and resupply. Four adventuring parties who were last seen or heard from in Lakeside have vanished without a trace, and your mission is to investigate the disappearances.

Your objectives are as follows:

1. Make your way to Irontown, in Northeastern Karrnath. You should receive enough money for transportation tomorrow in the mail. Once you reach Irontown, check into the Oxidda Inn and tell the innkeeper that you are looking for Gilon and Rosamun. Do not reveal your true nature to her. She will provide room and board as well as horses for your journey.

2. Make your way to Lakeside and advertise your services as adventurers. As it was far from the forefront of the Last War, Lakeside has been neglected by the authorities and has problems maintaining law and order. Bring order to chaos, earn the trust of the people, and establish a good reputation in the area.

3. Investigate the mysterious disappearances in Lakeside. We have virtually no leads on the four missing groups other than their mutual journey to Lakeside.

4. Report back to the Cafe.

The Left Hand: Mission Briefing
The Left Hand shall head to the Brelish capital of Wroat. You will take on the identity of an adventuring party hired by the Darguun Ambassador Guile to recover a Dhakaani relic purported to be hidden in the ruins of Glyphstone Keep. This group has not been heard from in a week.

Your objectives are as follows:

1. Make your way to Wroat and check into the Tangle Inn. Tell the innkeeper that you are looking for Berem of the Emerald. Do not reveal your true nature to him. He will provide you with room and board, as well as horses for the journey to Glyphstone Keep.

2. Head for Glyphstone Keep and recover the relic.

3. Find out what happened to the missing adventurers.

4. Deliver the relic to Ambassador Guile, who is currently staying at the Darguun embassy.

5. Report back to the Cafe.

Aron Times
2009-12-21, 02:53 PM
The Left Hand (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7547556)

The Right Hand (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135846)

Dekkah
2009-12-21, 04:26 PM
When the bartender finish giving missions, Zulmak slightly nod to him and say
Thank you kind sir, it will be done as asked.
Turning to Finn
Alright sir Finn, lets meet at the Lightning rail and travel toggether. I will appear as a tall human mage with blond hair and blue eyes, wearing a used brown cape. What appearance will you wear?
After hearing Finn awnser, he turn to the others members of his hand
What about you so we can recognize each others at Ironwood?

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-21, 05:44 PM
Ah, finally something interesting! I understand, good Bartender. I will be in Wroat shortly. Cassidy turns to her companions of the left hand, flipping through the mission portfolio. I will assume the guise of the barbarian human woman, the one with the black hair she announces to them, pointing to a sketch and description of one of the members of the lost adventuring party. I shall see you all again in the waking world at the Tangle Inn in Wroat.

Shhhh!
2009-12-21, 06:13 PM
Anil nods at the Barkeeps instructions, then turns to face his new fellows
Anil will arrive as a Half Elf, and will take pains to show off this ring, as a tell. Good luck to you all.

Reverent-One
2009-12-21, 06:52 PM
"Look for a dark haired dwarf, clad in leather armor with red stripes on the shoulders and carrying a large sword covered in runes across his back." Jain explained to his new companions.

Hashmir
2009-12-21, 07:11 PM
"I shall appear as a disconcertingly attractive paladin of Kol Korran, weary from travel and clad in plate."

With a wink, he retreated from the table and back to his abode.

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-21, 07:37 PM
Hehe, you can call me Ms. Finn. I will appear as a Human Female with a scar over my left eye."

Belobog
2009-12-21, 09:42 PM
"Hmm...a small elven woman with short blond hair and brown eyes. A birthmark on my right cheek in the shape of a spade...yes. I think that will do nicely.

Oh...and it looks like I've forgotten my manners. Please, call me Dolores."

SpearchuckerJoe
2009-12-21, 09:45 PM
Io says I will be an white haired elf at the bar wearing a brown robe, with a glass of wine.

DnDrake
2009-12-22, 05:37 AM
I will appear as a tall Goliath. i think you'll be able to recognize me easily. That said, Grok'Ae turns and leaves.

CrazySopher
2009-12-22, 10:53 AM
Pax grins. "Let me tell you, for the longest time I was considering going as a young, dashing, human male with a red rose in his breast pocket, but I think that might be too cliche' under the current circumstances. That said, a dashing young human male would do either way in any case, yes?"