PDA

View Full Version : Need help on build for weird campaign!

Broccoli21
2009-12-17, 08:39 PM
My group has started a new campaign, but the rules are very different:
-level cap at 8, get more skill points and feats every 10,000 EXP(like e6)
-very slow leveling
-banned wizards, sorcerers, and artificers. Clerics can only be cloistered
-nerfed DMM (can't cast spells that are higher than your normal cap)
-only humans
-starts at level 1
-there are only 3 in the party:
----a warlock
----a meat-shield
----me

I was thinking about playing a factotum , but im not sure if it would be good.
I am mainly interested in playing a caster. What are some good casters for low levels??? thanks in advance:smallsmile:

Tavar
2009-12-17, 08:50 PM
Druids are pretty amazing. Surprised that they weren't nerfed or banned in some way, though.

Broccoli21
2009-12-17, 08:58 PM
probably because nobody plays druids in my group for some reason (DM probably doesn't know how cheap they are)

How good are druids at low levels (I know at higher, wild shape is beast)???

Tavar
2009-12-17, 08:59 PM
Put it this way: you get a fighter. As class feature. In addition to everything else.

aje8
2009-12-17, 09:22 PM
Yeah..... Druid are actually (debatably) stronger than Wizards at the low levels.

At levels 1-2, your Riding Dog is as good as the Fighter. Oh, you also get to cast Entangle. Basically, at this level you're a slightly weaker Figher+ a slightly weaker Wizard.

At level 4, you get a Fleshraker Companion. However, you may not want to do this as it's a little overpowering. However, at this point, your Fleshraker is better than the Fighter most likley. Oh and you get spells too.

At level 5, you get Wildshape, that's all kinds of win. You can do out-do the Figther AND you have a Fighter animnal companion.

Seriously.... in a game that only reaches level 8, Druid is probably the best class.

Oh yeah, and Greenbound Summoning is also about the greatest feat ever at those levels, that is if you own/can use Lost Empire of Faerun. If your not familair with it, it basically gives all your summons ridiculous stat boosts, SLA, DR, Fast Healing and other goodies.

Broccoli21
2009-12-17, 09:33 PM
Put it this way: you get a fighter. As class feature. In addition to everything else.
lol

Yea druid seems really great! Hopefully my DM doesn't ban it:smallannoyed:. What do you think of factotum?

Gralamin
2009-12-17, 09:40 PM
lol

Yea druid seems really great! Hopefully my DM doesn't ban it:smallannoyed:. What do you think of factotum?

Factotum is extremely good. Now Druid / Wizard good, but very very good at what it does. Especially if you abuse font of inspiration.

Broccoli21
2009-12-17, 09:49 PM
btw, we are doing 24 point buy, so where should I put my points??? Should I take an 17 on Int and 10s across the board???, or should I diversify??? (for factotum)

SurlySeraph
2009-12-17, 10:49 PM
For Factotum, any distribution can work as long as you have high Int. I'd go with 17 Int and 10s for the rest, personally.