PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Archer

Woot Spitum
2009-12-17, 09:36 PM
I'm getting ready to start a new D&D 3.5 campaign using the Frank and K variant rules, and I've decided to use it as an opportunity to try out a character archetype that I've always wanted to try, namely the cleric archer.

Unfortunately, I'm a little unfamiliar with how to correctly build one, outside of the Zen Archery feat. Any suggestions?

Eldariel
2009-12-17, 09:41 PM
You can learn DMM: Persist, which enables you to keep "Better Fighter than Fighter"-buffs up all day. You'll probably want Quicken Spell and yeah, Zen Archery is good. Then all you need to do is pick up Rapid Shot somehow.

Domains that alleviate the feat requirements (Elf-domain for Point Blank Shot, Planning-domain for Extend Spell, Undeath-domain for Extra Turning), some source of weapon proficiency (Elf Racials, War-domain for Ehlonna/Generic Longbow Goddess, just plain ol' Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Greatbow (most bang for your buck if you gonna waste a feat on proficiency anyways), Bracers of Archery), enough Dex to pick up Rapid Shot (might be able to make do with a bit less and a +2 Dex item) with normal Wis/Con/Str focus otherwise and you're good to go.

arguskos
2009-12-17, 09:54 PM
Well, if you'd rather be an Archivist, you can get the Ranger archery spells from Champions of Ruin, which includes such gems as Arrowsplit, Darkflame Arrow, and Doublestike Arrow.

Also, don't forget Hunter's Mercy, the spell for when you just have to stone-cold kill a bitch. True Strike+Hunter's Mercy+a very damaging bow=dead target.